The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] THE BIG BALANCE PLAN -- Master Thread

By on December 9, 2009 9:41:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

gkrit

Join Date 01/2009
+32

I'm currently adding and tweaking some figures for the demis we are finding that lack effectiveness/efficiency. I know these types of mods aren't very popular atm but i wouldnt mind working on these thoroughly so i can request it to become an official patch.

I am trying to alter as few things as possible (for the considered underpowered demis) just so that there isnt a noticeably big change but enough to change their incompetence to competent!

However, i am going to need opinions of my proposed changes.
I'll be doing one demigod at a time and will provide a list of the changes.
I prob wont put the mod up for download until its completely finished but if you request a download link, i willl provide one.

The Item Balance Mod works very well with this one. It addresses the HP stacking issue we currently have and contains other balance decisions to gloves and all other categories.

List of players using the Big Balance Plan mod (please let me know so i put your name here):
- Me!
- Izuz
- MixMagic
- Go-Go-Gadget
- AIAndy
- Supafishy

Below are links to changes for each demigod. Discuss accordingly. *All open in a new window*

-- Put ur suggestions forward in dot-points in their respective threads.

1. Demon Assassin

2. Torch Bearer

3. Unclean Beast

4. Regulus

5. Queen of Thorns

6. Oak

7. Sedna

8. Rook

9. Erebus

10. Oculus   *added*

The latest version available now down below...

DEMIGOD BALANCE MOD v1.23 DOWNLOAD HERE!!!

Version 1.23 update below!

-----------------------------------------------------
# All Demigods

Base Max health
- increased by 100

Level up Stats
- Max Health - increases by an additional 30 health

# Oculus

Bug Fixes
- Electrocution now works as intended
- brainstorm now removes debuffs (thx to ptarth and nzac working on it)

Blast Off I
- adjusted the dmg radius to equal the same as levels II,III and IV

King Of The Minotaurs - Minos

- added armor bonus of 50/100/150

King Of The Minotaurs - Archers
- added attack speed bonus of 3%/5%/7%

King Of The Minotaurs - Priests

- added mana regen bonus of 2/3/4

Sacrifice
- increased heal percentages to 20%/40%/60% from 20/30/40%
- increased heal radius to 15 from 10

Ball Lightning IV

- decreased mana cost to 720
- each level now increases in attack rate from 1.7 to 1.65/1.6/1.55
- increased max balls to 6, decreased summon amount to 3

Explosive end
- decreased dmg to 300 from 400

# Queen of Thorns

Ground Spikes
- decreased attack speed buff duration to 8 secs

Uproot
- increased mana costs to 350/450/600/800

Violent Siege
- increased dmg to 250 dmg.

Bramble Shield II
- added movement speed buff of 5%

Bramble Shield IV
- decreased movement speed buff to 15%

# Unclean Beast

Bestial Wrath I,II,III,IV
- changed durations to 6/7/8/9 seconds
- changed damage bonuses to 30%/40%/50%/60%

# Regulus

Angelic Fury
- damage of the splash dmg is reduced to -75/60/35/20% from -30/25/20/15%
- increased mana costs to 30/35/40/45 from 25/30/35/40

# Torch Bearer

Deep Freeze I
- increased debuff duration to 6 seconds

Please motivate urselves to give feedback, all of it helps this process.

Locked Post 147 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 6, 2010 9:28:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so is this wats wanted:

- ooze - reduce attack speed debuff to 5/10/15/20% from 20/20/30/40%?

- uproot - restore it back to the original version?

- oak - nerf divine justice? remove the health benefit from it?

@Derog  I nerfed the wrong skill..... hmmm... thats what makes him OP in the first place, he can never die! Again, this is a purely biased decision, proof is in ur demigods stats (oak being ur most used demigod). Of course you wouldnt want me to nerf shield.
Also, no matter how much i were to nerf the "OP" demigods, skills such as uproot will never be used. Therefore does not solve skill redundancy.

@Regicide  I thought id leave it as is for now to see if anyone would complain about it, so it looks likes its gonna recieve that nerf i suggested above.

Edit: Also, as a way of getting more and more players to try out this mod im gonna put up the names of those who are currently using it. (not sure how this will go considering the last few responses to this mod). But in an attempt to make this mod thrive this is what ill do so, from here on plz let me know if you are using this mod and i will make a list in the OP.

February 7, 2010 9:26:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im using your mod

February 7, 2010 9:44:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. Qot has atleast 4 builds(though I only consider one really competetive) against ONE BUILD for UB(and two favor varitations). Her uproot build will NEVER be useful without a complete overhaul how buildings work. As of now there is one other skill that only targets buildings and that is Structural transfer. This skill not only stuns the building, does more damage, cost less mana, AND heals AND has a synergy with Rooks towers, but it is STILL not good enough. Again if you really want to buff lower tier chars, buff reg and TB. More damage More damage MORE damage, thats what they need.

2. nerf ooze, nerf spit, Get rid of stun immunity, switch armor values of UB and Rook and please please NERF ACCLIMATION, this skill is BS absolute BS, it makes UB invincible against anything else than another UB past level 15. and UB can get a slight buff for Bestial wrath. Ub right now is the absolute best demigod, only counteredd by a Rook or another UB(or sometimes a combo with sedna) easily beating even tier I's. In addition he has one of the best AOE's, the best straight damage, almost the best health(since he doesnt need mana), the best stun skill point for skill point(yes charm is better but that costs 4 points), and the best ranged attack on a melee char?!? As well as acclimation which basically is a countdown to 15: if you can beat him before that, you're dead. And boy, UB is also one of the best early game, and the best midgame. This character is INSANE.

3. Lower CD for Shield, remove interrupt immunity. Slightly nerf pent. (as past level 7 Oak is invulnerable, which IS NOT GOOD GAMEPLAY. If you really want to keep it, give the immunity later on, like level 10 or  better 15. The nerf to pent is because it is way better than other alpha strikes)

4. Nerf blood or remove it all together(in another mod perhaps). (As this is the absolute #1 favor item)

5. Remove Demigod healing of monks(making them solely usefull as a minion support, as they were ment to be) or atleast remove their percentage based healing. (right now monks are just insane: they further buff health stacking, they do more damage than the other idol minions and their hp regen far outstrips that of assasins or other items, meaning they're  a must have item. This change would nerf monks but also keep it from a must have item: it would simply be a good support item for minion builds instead of super regen for assasingenerals)

6. Remove cataract health flag and switch it with a debiliating flag(the 10% extra dmg). To nerf health stacking and stop the port to health flag strat(this means that team 1 will keep the health flag permanently in their control by a combination of locks and ports, and because they have the health flag they also have a 32.5% health advantage to the other team which almost always means they also win on other lanes).

7. Lower range of batswarm, lower bite dmg to 650, buff mist but put a maximum time limit on it. Erebus will still be a very good demigod, just more a support character than the in your face monster vampire.

8. nerf armor or make it more expensive. (armor is the prime reason why weapon dmg is so sucky, coz while some high weapong dmg builds could be competetive, its so easy to stack armor they quickly become useless.)

9. Buff gloves and weapon dmg items and/or make em cheaper (as you know they're now massively worse than straigth health)

10. Increase natural health of all demigods. (this to compensate for increased dmg)

11. Remove sigil and/or lower duration to 15/12/10(something like this). Not only does this further buff health stackers it also makes fights into endless consumable tugs of war. And it is a must have item, which imho is stupid.

12. Lower the maximum of locks you can carry in one consumable slot to 1/2 from 3.  Not only does this make the cheaty lock spam impossible, it also slightly prevents massive port locking later on because the attacking team will have to return to base the whole time to get more locks, while the defending team can easily restock because they're closer to home. Also slightly buffs siege and AOE demigods.

13. Same with ports, 3-> 2 or somehow slightly change ports. Ports are so awesome you will always want one which from a game design perspective is bad, however I suspect it is very hard to really balance ports.

14. Lower health of demolishers. This to keep people from abusing rocketeers who right now can be used to kill all the enemy towers in a short time without the other team ever able to prevent the general from doing it.
15. Buff the citadel tower upgrades(especially the splash one). This to make towers not totally useless early midgame but still keep them weak enough to keep up the game pace. 

And voila this game just became 10 times more balanced.

P.S. I can't really play these days, but next week perhaps?

February 7, 2010 10:08:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@ lifekata

some of what you have suggested (DG health, items, cit upgrades) have already been addressed in this mod or the itemFix Mod. You should try playin with both these mods and see for yourself how the game is much better.

8. nerf armor or make it more expensive. (armor is the prime reason why weapon dmg is so sucky, coz while some high weapong dmg builds could be competetive, its so easy to stack armor they quickly become useless.)

However this !! I completely agree with you and I mentioned it before. Armor is just ridiculous, 1 cheap nimoth and you don't need more armor throughout the whole game.

February 7, 2010 10:17:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know these mods, but they go nowhere near far enough and they also skimp on the real core issues(monks, health flag, botf, armor).

Right now I don't intend to play this mod solely because I don't see a reason why I should. Qot got nerfed, while tier I and Ub were more or less kept the same.

February 7, 2010 10:22:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love mods, I really do, but I would really prefer the game to just be patched for the HP issue. I'm skeptical if it will or not, but only time will tell.

I just don't like having to know both. Going back and forth is confusing when you play really stoned.

February 7, 2010 11:49:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lifekatana, the  itemFix Mod nerfs BotF and the 5 most usued HP items, while it buffs gloves and boots. And I think monks healing rate is going to be addressed in future version.

I think that the remaing OP skills are Ooze and Oak Shield. I would like to see them nerf REASONABLY. You also complained about mist. Prath has a fix for mist in his Uberfix mod that prevent LE from using mist while low on mana to just dodge a snipe, spit, fireball, slam...

15. Buff the citadel tower upgrades(especially the splash one). This to make towers not totally useless early midgame but still keep them weak enough to keep up the game pace. 

I also agree with this, and I proposed some random ideas in the itemFix thread.

don't get me wrong, Im not saying the community mods are perfect, but they are far more enjoyable than the current state of the game. There is still MORE work to do.

February 7, 2010 7:35:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@lifekatana Your wall-of-text there just proves to me you have no idea what my mods entail and havent even bothered to try it out. I dont think you have even bothered to read past certain aspects of each thread. You should read my Item Balance thread and majority of the things you listed in your post are addressed in the other mod ive created.

I know there's alternative builds you can use with QoT but any of the other 3 (considered not competitive) will result in a failure.
I nerfed acclimation.
I altered BW with a slight buff.
Theres a reason why i left Rooks armor as is and UB as is. Rook Overall has a much higher max health and really only needs to invest in equips that grant armor to support his amount of health. UB has high armor so he has the capability of 'pushing hard'. Ive looked at the  code and know the specific details of each demigod.
I tried to nerf Shield but as i said previously, i got a smack in the face for doing that. Its hard to make something that everyone is happy with. But dont let one little change not let u try out the mod at all.
Before you post again, i suggest you actually read my threads thoroughly and dont jump at my throat instantly.

@Izuz Thank you for stepping in. Its hard to argue my points against those that havent even tried the mod. You have been a great help in the development of this mod.

@Teseer The health issues are addressed in the Item balance mod, which ive provided the link above because they are more item based changes than demigod specific changes. Also as Izuz said, this mod and the item balance mod both work rlly well together.

February 7, 2010 7:39:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I saw. And I love most of the changes!

Just a lot easier to get games going without a mod so I just wish they would patch in SOMETHING for hp items.

I'm in the middle of working on a mod myself. When it is finished, I'll post it here

February 7, 2010 8:07:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

wat sort of mod is it?

February 7, 2010 8:16:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just what we need. More mods to fragment the community even more. Like we're not small enough already.

February 7, 2010 9:04:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well it wouldnt if everyone had the same mod!

February 8, 2010 4:48:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well it wouldnt if everyone had the same mod! 

February 8, 2010 10:02:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
wat sort of mod is it?

Its still a work in progress. I'll let ya know when I figure out a few parts I'm having issues with.

February 8, 2010 10:22:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

let us know what ur having issues with some of us might be able to help

February 8, 2010 10:33:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm actually having a lot of fun trying to figure it out

February 9, 2010 9:38:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
gkrit, which one of my proposal have you already implemented? I see a botf nerf, some nerf to hp items... and thats it. You nerfed acclimation(note that's still absolutely godlike and imho OP as hell), well gj mate. Did you nerf the redicilous amounts of damage UB does? Stun immunity? Healthstack, sigils? Also what do you consider the only competeive qot build? Really I know it's difficult when someone critizises your mods but it's only for the better!
February 9, 2010 10:57:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

- UB's OP dmg is due to Ooze, his AA only is meh. I still think Ooze should be a little reduced.

- Stun immunity was not meant for UB because he can't move as well (i know it can be broken by spit or other instant consumables. THIS should not be allowed though)

- Sigils have been nerfed. check the itemFix mod.

- not only HP items have been nerfed, but dmg items were buffed. And quite frankly they are a lot better know. Base HP and HP/stats for ALL DGs was increased (no need to stack 4-5 HP items). This is all a good start to encourage diversity in choices of items, more improvements are still needed.

- QoT  I neved played with her.

TO EVERYONE: if you want something to be changed/improved, post your ideas (numbers if you can come up with any) instead of just complaining about it !!!!!!!!!

February 9, 2010 12:14:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
HAHA...NO. UB has the single highest dps in the game which only gets better the more the game drags on. I think it's something like 50% better than reg. Ooze is sick, but have you ever seen spit? Seriously, just compare spit and fireball. Why does spit has 1.5 to twice as much damage as fireball, with only marginally lower range and higher mana, while being on a MELEE character that not only does way way way more damage but also has way way more health. This is bullshit. And everyone who doubts this can go on playing noob games. -No Stun immunity is bullshit no matter how you look at it. 1. he can move AND attack by using an ability right after you click grasp. 2. He get a 2 sec stun for only one skill point the best for any char, 3. IT ALSO has a lifesteal effect. 4. its instant cast IT DOES NOT NEED NO STUN IMMUNITY FFS P.S. layout is broken
February 9, 2010 11:21:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

actually the only reason why he has highest dps in the game is because of his skills (which comes at the expense of mana and health also). His own weapon dmg increases slower than any other demigod in game, but starts off with one of the highest base dmg. His dmg increase per level is 6 while all other demigods increase average at about 8-9. Your basically labelling his dps as 'unconditional', when its more skill dependant rather than just weapon dps. Theres synergy btween his skill which helps him out also. Some other demigod lack this synergy to am extent. However, in this next version im making, Ooze's debuff is reduced to -10%/15%/20%/25% attack speed not -10/20/30/40%. Dont forget, u can counter spit with symbol of purity (which i reduced the cooldown time for this item in my item balance mod, just for these sorts of things).

and AGAIN... OMG, did u even read the entire list of change in the 'Item Balance' thread. Im not gonna repeat myself over and over again...

gkrit, which one of my proposal have you already implemented? I see a botf nerf, some nerf to hp items... and thats it.

and thats it... wtf! You seriously need to LISTEN and stop ATTACKING because you obviously havent read my changes!

Edit: THIS is the correct link to the item balance thread https://forums.demigodthegame.com/374417 sry bout the wrong link in the other post.

April 8, 2010 10:40:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If I download the link on this page does it include the mods for all of the demigods you've done? That's the one I want, since I'd love to see more balance amongst the Demigods.

Edit: Also, how do I add this mod to the game? hahaha

August 15, 2012 5:32:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

download link is dead anyone have it and willing it post somewhere?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000390   Page Render Time: