The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] REGULUS

By on December 10, 2009 6:27:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

--MASTER THREAD CLICK HERE--

-----------------------------------------------------
# Regulus
-----------------------------------------------------

Version 1.23

Angelic Fury
- damage of the splash dmg is reduced to -75/60/35/20% from -30/25/20/15%
- increased mana costs to 30/35/40/45 from 25/30/35/40

Version 1.21

Bug Fixes
- added the dmg description to the tooltips of MotB

Tracking Device
- reduced health regen debuff down to 20%

Deadeye
- decreased attack speed debuff to 25%

Vengeance
- Decreased cooldown time when turned on to 4 secs
- Increased cooldown time when turned off to 5 secs
- added damage immunity buff for the duration of the tranformation
>> As we currently know it, i think that this alteration
will be of great benefit now when used correctly but as a result
i increased the cumulative cooldown time by 1 sec.

Mark of the Betrayer
- decreased the damage debuff to 10/20/30

version 1.2

Base Stats
- Increased health regen by 0.5
- increased armor by 10

Leveling Stats (per lvl)
- armor increased by 5
- max mana increased by 20
- health regen in creased to 0.326 from 0.166 (approx total = 9)

Angelic Fury (new date.12/12)
- 25/30/35/40
- last 3 levels splash dmg is increase by 5/10/15%

Deadeye (Changed
date.11/12)
- removed stun effect
- increased weapon proc rate to 15%
- added a 5 sec debuff reducing targets health regen by 50% and attack speed by 30%

Mark of the Betrayer (new date.11/12)
- While marked with the rune these following debuffs now apply:
    - attack rate slowed by 5/10/15%
    - Dmg output reduced by 15/30/45

Tracking Device (new date.11/12)
- added debuff so that it reduces targets Health regen by 50% while in effect.

Max Range
- Added a vision range increase of 3/6 to its 2nd and 3rd lvls.

>> Reg is squishy and from what ive seen, not too many ppl invest
in speed equips. So for those willing to invest this skill you will reap
the benfits of seeing the enemy slightly before they see you.

Vengeance
- increase dmg radius to 15 from 10.

Death Effect
- increased attack speed bonus to 25% from 20%

+32 Karma | 67 Replies
December 10, 2009 6:50:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is this only half the list?? there are no changes to level 15 and even then the dead eye improvement wont mean much by then.

Though the extra sight range is nice so reg no longer needs the item slot for totem.

Deadeye
- increased weapon proc rate to 10% from 3%
- added a 6 sec debuff reducing targets health regen by 90%

one in 10 could be a little high with regs attack rate late game, though random unpredictible stuns will need testing (dont know if they are good or bad).

Edit: This mod will make little difference to regs vaibility, tb was improved this has almost undetecterble changes till level 15.

December 10, 2009 7:35:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeh i forgot to post that i needed some suggestions as to what we shoudl do with reg. sry this is all i did for him thus far (pitiful to some point lol i know but i dont want to do too too much).

plz provide suggestions as to wat u think reg needs to make him more viable and ill see wat i can do.

December 10, 2009 9:31:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Really something needs to be done to make him viable from lvl 1-9.  Early game he is atrocious.

Also, if the opposing team is equal he still gets hammered from lvl 15 on.

In generqal his play style make it very difficult to hold any lane or flag and his speed is typically beaten by TB, UB, Sedna, LE, oak.  For such a squichy character that can be deadly, until level 10 mines.

What can you tell me about what the lvl 4 maim (seen at lvl 15) does in lua?  I have heard many people say it does not work as intended. 

Is there a vision range increase with Range lvl 1?

Not that I ever get the tracking bug, but what is the current time limit on it?  It seems to go off after 30-60secs making it useless.  Could it be set to only turnoff at health crystal?

Does anyone have idea that could actually improve him from lvl 1-9 (clearly I don't)?

December 10, 2009 2:06:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My main issues with reg are:

• Lack of reliable interrupt
  • Snare cap makes snares extremely weak late game
  • Mana consumption

I really don't like the idea of an 8% deadeye proc rate, 8% chance to stun is going to be outrageously overpowered or still useless depending on how lucky you get, not to mention potions are already rarely used in favor of sigils.

Personally I'd like to see Deadeye's stun removed completely and Mark of the Betrayer made into an interrupt on cast in addition to its other effects. I know this is kind of lame, but would it be possible to just make Deadeye cause Snipe to do damage as though it were fired at max range no matter how far from the target you are? That's the best I can come up with for it off the top of my head.

As for Vengeance, I dunno what to do with that ability... The problem is that someone with max rank Angelic Fury is doing so much AoE damage at level 15 that you pretty much never, ever use it to "knock smaller enemies away" or to increaese your DPS at all, not that you'd actually want to be in melee range in the first place. I dunno know what the devs were thinking when they made that one.

December 10, 2009 2:31:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What about replacing the stun proc chance with a silence proc chance (was thinking 1 sec but that might be too good) since cooldown are not reset and you can still move it would have less effect being a random occurance, but may also be ultimately useless i dont know here is pretty different machanic.

I had some ballance ideas (the one that appeared to make a difference) in the mod i attempted. The number proved to be overpowered vs the AI.

Maim speed debuff increased to 5/10/15 from 5/7/10
Maim duration increased to 3/5/7 was 3/3/3 (should enable much better kiting and escapes, guaranteed snare)

Angelic Fury cost per shot changed to 15/25/35/50 from 40/40/40/40
Angelic Fury radius changed to 1.5/2/2.5/3 from 2/2/2/2 (not sure if I changed the right constants here.)
Angelic Fury damage increased by 25 ie 50/75/100/125

These number are probably too good but they did make reg much better. I toned them back for the next change list.

December 10, 2009 2:39:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

- I like the idea of deadeye doing max range dmg... that would be worth getting.

- Adding 'interrupt' to mark would be awesome; althought might be tough because I think mark only procs after spells are cast....  Maybe we can compromise here and have the casting of Mark BE and interrupt as well... so mark would interrupt when cast AND debuff as normal?

- Does Angelic increase mv speed?  maybe add that if it doesn't? 

To be honest, since I haven't played reg in a while.  Since I got bored of 'sniping' people all game I pretty much moved on.  maybe up his base mv speed so that you don't have to speed stack to make him a good 'hit and run' type?  That's really his only ace in the hole right now and without the speed late game there isn't much for him to do if the games drag on.

December 10, 2009 2:52:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

- Adding 'interrupt' to mark would be awesome; althought might be tough because I think mark only procs after spells are cast.... Maybe we can compromise here and have the casting of Mark BE and interrupt as well... so mark would interrupt when cast AND debuff as normal?
That's what I meant, when I think about it I'm thinking of Deep Freeze, where it interrupts at the start and then has a punitive effect if you cast during its duration (though of course MoB has an indefinite duration).

Right now people just cast MoB every time it's off cooldown and while that would still work the way it currently does, better Reg players could distinguish themselves by choosing when to cast it.

December 10, 2009 3:29:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think the main problem with Regulus is that he can't handle the HP stacking of other gods. He's never going to get into an AA fight with somebody like beast. And all of his skills are set amounts. What if snipe did a set amount of damage + damage based on percent of maximum health? Like Snipe 4: 700-900 dmg + 8% of maximum health. And then the level 15 skill would change it to 15%. I'm not really sure how the distance scales with damage for each level of snipe, so somebody else would be better to balance the numbers.

One thing that doesn't make sense in DG is why do the best tanks, UB and Erebus, have the highest move speed? I think Reg should be at something like 6.5. He's just so squishy. Improving his speed will improve him moving in for snipes, capping flags, kiting, and survivability. Or what would probably be better is switching UB and LE's base movement with Reg and TB's.

December 10, 2009 3:46:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Agreed.  I think this will be an 'iterative' approach overall and we have to do 'minor' tweaks.  Once all DGs have been balanced, then maybe we can gain further isight into how to make the ones that remain underpowered 'viable'.

For instance, a major tweak could be to give Reg some kind of armour over time buff.  Something that increases his armour as his HP goes down... makes him more capable of holding his own in aa fights.  For example:

HP               Armour Buff

100%           +5%

75%             +25%

50%             +40%

30%             +80%

15%             +120%

I literally made these numbers up now and I don't want to start a discussion on it, the idea is simply to illustrate something that could be done to help his survivability.  You still have to invest in armour items, but your return is exponential as you get into more and more trouble... 

However, that's a major tweak and I don't think its appropriate for this round... maybe for round 2 once we get a better idea of where the balance lies... 

December 10, 2009 4:14:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Reg loses AA fights to ice TB.  That tells you someting is seriously off.

December 10, 2009 4:33:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,
Why? Ice TB has a stronger attack speed debuff than an Oooze UB, how could Reg possibly stand a chance against that? If you want reg to win AA sleg fests, give him an attack speed debuff.

December 10, 2009 4:36:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,

That's because TB has AA debuffs(permafrost), so naturally Reg would lose in an AA fight. I don't see how that's seriously off.

Quoting Shade,
Like Snipe 4: 700-900 dmg + 8% of maximum health. And then the level 15 skill would change it to 15%. I'm not really sure how the distance scales with damage for each level of snipe, so somebody else would be better to balance the numbers.

That's an extra 400 damage if your opponent has 5000 health.

One thing that doesn't make sense in DG is why do the best tanks, UB and Erebus, have the highest move speed? I think Reg should be at something like 6.5. He's just so squishy. Improving his speed will improve him moving in for snipes, capping flags, kiting, and survivability. Or what would probably be better is switching UB and LE's base movement with Reg and TB's.

Erebus and UB are killers, and are both melee range. If Reg can just harass at range and back off without any consequence it wouldn't be very fair.

December 10, 2009 4:44:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And all of his skills are set amounts. What if snipe did a set amount of damage + damage based on percent of maximum health?
Why is this a problem? The only ability in the game which strictly isn't a set amount is Penitence, and yet UB and EB do just fine.

December 10, 2009 4:45:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TB not only has the debuff, but at lvl 1 he does more dmg than reg per shot.

December 10, 2009 4:54:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,

And Reg has higher armor, attack rate, and health.

December 10, 2009 5:07:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i dont play reg too often but i would remove deadeye as well. i mean 3% is like nothing but buffing just the proc rate makes it kick in too often. the problem with proc rates is that they are soooo unreliable. if you got 20% or more then you can assume that the affect kicks in at least once in the next few seconds, but below 10 is like "hey lucky me!"

December 10, 2009 9:11:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not that I ever get the tracking bug, but what is the current time limit on it? It seems to go off after 30-60secs making it useless. Could it be set to only turnoff at health crystal?

it lasts for 20 secs btw. which i think is fair enough coz its annoying as it is if someone constantly snipes you.

now onto what i think should be implemented of whats been suggested so far...

- an interruption added to MotB
- deadeye reworked altogether (this could be a pain lol)
- some minor figure tweaks to angelic fury

I tried a yesterday adding a crit rate to snipe for deadeye like DA's level 15. I also thought of what nzac mentioned which was a silence time on a target instead of a stun. Now reducing snipe cast time isnt so good from a "visual" perspective. I was wrong in assuming that the animations would speed up according to the cast time specified. so i decided to leave the cast time the same.

So what im thinking is im going to spend a little bit more time on getting the crit effect to work and maybe have a silence effect added to it. But the dot points above is what im gonna be addressing at this point in time.

PROBLEMS WITH BUFFING REG
- increasing his base speed could make him very advantageous over many demis, especially when played in conjunction with the maim ability.

- increasing maim figures can also be OP, coz those that spec in slow down debuffs usually choose poison dagger as their favor item which majority of the time if u have a god team results in opposition death 90% of the time. Dont forget hes got MotB as another snare as well as 4th mines.

- increasing his AA dmg. Angelic assists him in this aspect that he lacks, thats why im hestitant to tweak or add any attack rate or dmg output of any sort.

REASONS WHY HE MAY SEEM INCOMPETENT
- playing him in any 1v1 situation will often lead to him falling bak. i think this should happen anyway coz as many ppl have mentioned, "he is a support character".

- built incorrectly. Most of the time i see newbie players using reg which often makes reg look like a complete waste of space. But ive witnessed few players that can use him at a very pro level and often turn around games.

You dont have to discuss what ive written here but these are the things that im thinking about while tweaking him. Just so you my thought process...

December 10, 2009 9:43:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i am ok with reg not having an interrupt ability. he has snipe which is very powerful when it follows you after teleporting. instead you could buff his supporting role by adding other effects to his skills. perhaps snipe makes the target take x % more damage over y seconds. add a mana drain to angelic fury. make mines silence the enemy for a few seconds...

i personally hate skills with a certain percentage of propability especially when its about damage. im ok with a propability on slowing enemys because having a 100% propability for slowing someone for 2% is useless. but having a 20% change to slow them down 10% is good. damage is another thing. it makes the fights a bit unpredictable if there is a crit chance.

December 10, 2009 9:45:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JagerJack,

And Reg has higher armor, attack rate, and health.

Sorry your missing the point, with the debuff reg shoots slower, TB does more damage to reg than reg does to tb, so armor to damage isn't working out for reg, and hp is pretty similar, especially considering that rain of ice is beats snipe.

December 10, 2009 9:49:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

gkrit, you don't seem to be proposing any changes for mines, snipe, or maim, do you think they are fine?

December 10, 2009 10:46:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,
Sorry your missing the point, with the debuff reg shoots slower, TB does more damage to reg than reg does to tb, so armor to damage isn't working out for reg, and hp is pretty similar, especially considering that rain of ice is beats snipe.

I already acknowledged that, so I don't see how I'm missing the point. Also, RoI and Snipe are completely different skills, a much better comparison could be made with mines.

Quoting Trigeminal,
This post is basically saying that even without the debuffs, ice TB would have the advantage in an AA fight with Reg because he does a maximum of 17 more damage per shot than Reg at level 1. This is debatable, however, because of Reg's higher armor, health, hps, and attack rate.

December 10, 2009 10:56:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseStrangler,

And all of his skills are set amounts. What if snipe did a set amount of damage + damage based on percent of maximum health?Why is this a problem? The only ability in the game which strictly isn't a set amount is Penitence, and yet UB and EB do just fine.

Because the other 6 characters can actually engage in AA fights.

Quoting JagerJack,

That's an extra 400 damage if your opponent has 5000 health.

Is that not enough? Like I said, I don't know the exact numbers well enough to change them.

December 10, 2009 11:18:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,
gkrit, you don't seem to be proposing any changes for mines, snipe, or maim, do you think they are fine?

Maim - i feel this can be a very powerful tool strategically coz for one, you are inflicting this from a ranged position and if u have a nice dps ally on ur side at the time the opponent will find it very hard to flee. If im going to buff it in any way i might just increased the debuff duration by 1 second. It may not seem like much but every second counts in my eyes lol.

Snipe - its all about timing and not many ppl can achieve this. ALthough when you have a good team or premades or wateva u want to call it, snipe becomes the difference between life and death. so i believe it doesnt rlly need changing as such. However, deadeye needs a change definately. What ive done atm is made it a stronger variation of the previous snipe level to this skill. The only problem ive come across with this is that the icon in the skill bar at the bottom of the screen does not inherit the stats and figures of my Deadeye properties. I prob cant change this unless i customize an icon and reference it (which i dont think i have the program to manipulate this stuff? im not sure).
Ive thought of another possibility i can have for deadeye which is, at a weapon proc rate of X% targets attack speed is reduced by X% and health regen reduced by X%. This will give a regulus the opportunity (if it arises) to confront a ooze UB or other major dps demi.

Mines - I think this skill has spoken for itself. Its one of the most effective skills regulus possesses, and one of his most vertsatile i believe. It can be used in a number of ways, a trap, confronting burst dmg, scare tactic, a prepared flee mine field for urself etc. So i dont think im going to touch this skill atm.

All this being said, we can somewhat come to the conclusion that up close, Regulus is a poor performer and shouldnt be used as a tank or for attempting to push an enemy demigod. He strengths are from afar, and playing a more strategical role than anything else.

Each demigod has their own unique role.

December 11, 2009 12:23:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you are worryed that maim is too good just compare it to Penitence which comes whith all kinds of other nice stuff.

Oak can produce a continuous slowing effect of 16 percent (effect durration > cooldown) at level 10. And can also boost the team speed as well. I dont think 3 abilty points for lesser effect even if it does not cost mana and is constanly reapplied as instantly being overpowered.

Reg is the weekest demigod in the game if you are too afraid to give him an ability or two that are as good as the top 3 then he can never be as good as them.

December 11, 2009 1:07:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you are worryed that maim is too good just compare it to Penitence which comes whith all kinds of other nice stuff.
That is such a stretch. Maim is just as good as diseased claws, and regulus has a 30% snare on MoB and Mines which Oak does not.

Because the other 6 characters can actually engage in AA fights.
So improve his defense and allow him to engage in those fights too. I don't understand why we would intentionally build regulus to just sit on the other side of the map and snipe people to death the entire game.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000234   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.