The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] TORCH BEARER

By on December 9, 2009 9:02:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

--MASTER THREAD CLICK HERE--

-----------------------------------------------------
# TorchBearer Tweaks
-----------------------------------------------------

Version 1.23

Deep Freeze I
- increased debuff duration to 6 seconds

Version 1.21

Frozen Heart/Relive the Immolation
- adjusted all descriptions related to these 2 buffs

Fire Aura
- tooltips now display the percentages
- tooltips of II/III now display dmg bonus

Perma Frost
- tooltips now display the percentages
- tooltips of II/III now display mana bonus

version 1.2

Added Sorians Mod - Attack while moving in Fire Mode

Base Stats
- Increased mana regen by 0.6
- Increased max health by 70

Leveling Stats (per lvl)
- mana regen increased to 0.684 from 0.463 (approx. total = 17)
- max health increased by 10
- health regen increased to 0.315 from 0.153 (approx. total = 8)

Relive the Immolation
- extended duration to 30 secs
- changed regen to 0.7
- added +20 health regen

Frozen Heart

- extended duration to 30 secs
- added 400 armor

Fireball
- reduced cast time to 0.8 secs

Perma Frost I
- attack speed debuff increased to -5%

Fire and Ice
- FireballDamage now does 350 (added 50)
- FreezeDamage now does 125 (added 25)

Frost Nova
- Follow Through Time decrease by 0.2 secs

Rain of Ice
- Slow debuff duration increased to 7/8/9/10 secs.

Death Effect

- increased range from 10 to 15

feedback is welcome

+32 Karma | 47 Replies
December 9, 2009 11:27:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Remove ranged character proc rate penalties on Nature's Reckoning, Poisoned Dagger, and Wymskin Handguards.

December 9, 2009 11:59:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeh i mentioned in the other thread that was part of the plan but is going to be a seperate mod since that aspect is item related.

December 10, 2009 4:33:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Changes look really good. When do you expect to have these changes done enough so that we can we test?

The reduction in cooldown for Fireball is definetly warranted. It's too easy to interrupt atm.

I think this change makes fire and hybrid tbs more feasable especially lategame where the high damage fireball can be used more often.

And another benefit of lower cast time is that it gives you more time to run away after you've cast the spell.

Looking forward to these changes 

December 12, 2009 8:53:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I only play single player with Demigod, but I'll test this out when you release a build. I prefer Torch Bearer, so I'm very interested in this. 

December 12, 2009 11:38:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ill see if i can allow him to move also, while changing forms (like Qot).

December 13, 2009 5:04:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Make the form switching bonus 30s instead of 20s... this will reduce the times you have to switch.
Another great thing would be to give this effect to allied (15 yards) demigods aswell, maybe lowered to 50% of the stats.

December 14, 2009 1:03:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
ill see if i can allow him to move also, while changing forms (like Qot).

i dunno if this will be possible coz i think theres more code that im missing to change the timing on this function.

ill increase the duration but ill leave the aura benefit out until after the release of this mod.

December 14, 2009 3:00:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why don't you make it so that Cold Aura could be "shattered" with Deep Freeze. Since it's an Aura, it would instantly come back, and it would act as an instant 100/175/250/325/425 damage increase that Deep Freeze could do for a single skill point (in addition to the ones you put in Deep Freeze).

I would also increase the range of Fireball by 2 yards. 2 yards is a tiny-tiny amount and that combined with the slightly shorter cast time and fire aura would allow TB to kite with Fireballs much more effectively, espiecially against an Oak's penitence or Beast Spit.

I think increasing TB's starting hp or hp/level would be a welcome buff so that he isn't quite so squishy. It wouldn't have to be much (+100 starting hp and maybe +10 hp/level, resulting in a final buff of +300 hp @ level 20, hardly gamebreaking but still useful).

December 14, 2009 1:39:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting abuggeredhedgie,
Why don't you make it so that Cold Aura could be "shattered" with Deep Freeze...

I really like this idea. 975 dmg on a single target at lvl10 is only meh. I really think shatter should have the potential to do more damage because of the heavy skill point investment and mana required to pull it off.

December 14, 2009 1:47:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I really like this idea. 975 dmg on a single target at lvl10 is only meh. I really think shatter should have the potential to do more damage because of the heavy skill point investment and mana required to pull it off.
It's a 7 second silence and interrupt which also happens to do pretty decent damage. It's hardly a weak ability and frost is already pretty competitive.

December 14, 2009 1:56:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love the switch form buffs.

December 14, 2009 5:17:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"It's a 7 second silence and interrupt which also happens to do pretty decent damage. It's hardly a weak ability and frost is already pretty competitive."

It only does damage if you have used all your skills to apply debuffs.

If I do: Rain of Ice, Frost Nova, Deep Freeze then I've done several hundred damage with Freeze, but now I'm also destroying all those -movement speed debuffs that I've put on you, so when I back up to try to kite, you can chase me easily (if that's what you want...)

If you used Frost Nova, then if I'm melee or kiting range which means:

Reg I've already mined and used Betrayer

Torch I've used my own skills

Erebus I've batswarmed (and possibly gotten a mass charm or bite in)

UB, I've spat

Rook, I'm probably behind my towers, possibly used a Boulder Roll

Sedna, I've already healed the damage and debuffs so Deep Freeze does no damage to me. Plus, I can just heal the "Silence" off of myself.

Well, if I've used those skills, then I'm on cooldown, which makes your Deep Freeze really not a Silence because I've done the stuff I plan on doing. I might need to wait a few more seconds before I can use my 7-second skills again, but meh, it really comes down to a 2 second Silence. 

If you do Deep Freeze - Rain of Ice - Frost Nova (if they keep coming) then:

Sedna just heals

Anyone else just backs off for 7 second seconds by a tower if you get an Early Deep Freeze.

Now it's a proper "Silence" but if you make the Cold Aura deal damage then it's another hundred damage or so to worry about.

December 14, 2009 5:26:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's an awesome skill if you plan for it.

I've screwed Erebus...seses before by counting to 13 after they used Bat Swarm. They are always cocky when they can just Bat out. Deep Freeze then at this point before he uses it and suddenly he has no bat swarm to run away with.

Works great with Heal, Shield, QoT Shield, hell, any ability. Just watch and count. They get the first one off but you can be damn sure they arnt getting the second one off as soon as the cooldown is up.

December 15, 2009 2:08:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's not a shabby skill by far, but the shatter damage is lacking when you consider the mana/micro cost of using all 3 skills, in addition to the fact that all those useful debuffs are consumed.

On another note:  gkrit, could you please include Sorian's fire TB autoattack fix?

December 15, 2009 10:56:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Important

Could you please include Sorian's fire TB autoattack fix?

December 16, 2009 12:11:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yes i will and ill put it in and put up a new version of this mod.

January 11, 2010 2:27:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Increase fire damage to 300/600/900/1200/ and 1700 with cold linked  No point in spending all those points if you're not going to get decent bonus damage on maximum.

Also make TB's base speed the fastest in the game.

January 12, 2010 6:09:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

make TB's base speed the fastest in the game.
NO. TB can easily be the faster DG. take anklet and wand of speed and no one can catch u in either forms because of the auras. TB is pretty decent right now. I might agree with this tho:
Increase fire damage to 300/600/900/1200/ and 1700 with cold linked.
Fireball is kinda weak and quickly looses its power agaist generals and HP stacking DGs.

January 12, 2010 7:53:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@izuz

You may be right about base speed, in the modified TB I've been playing with now, I've increased fire damage as said, increased slightly the area of circle of fire to 12 from 10, and have been playing with fire aura, instead of 5%/10/15, its 10/15/20 but that may be too much, so I may change it to 7/10/15.  I'm wondering if circle of fire or fire nova need slight dmg buffs, not sure yet.  But I knew fireball definitely needed a decent buff, with HP stacking and sigils TB just can't hang late game either fire or ice against top tier DG's.

January 13, 2010 6:18:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think fire TB does a lot of damage with all his skill. I mean fire nova throws entire creep waves and circle of fire destroys towers, and it can also be used as a defensive move to keep flags early games. Increasing the damage of any of these would be too much, especially that TB doesn't have much mana problem and can spam skills like crazy. fireball is weak and i agree with u to bump up the damage.

My personal opinion on TB (in this mod) is that he is pretty balanced and competitive. I wouldn't mind more dmg for fireball but I don't think we should change his other skills imho.

January 13, 2010 12:49:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"I wouldn't mind more dmg for fireball   but I don't think we should change his other skills imho."

Fireball definitely needed a buff, since the damage difference between ice and fire is not that great when you add in all the micro if you go total fire tb, not to mention the pathetic dmg payoff if you spent 4 points in deep freeze then got the synergy at the end. You haven't played enough TB.  His circle of fire for instance is very small and easily dodgeable, usually TB is the worst player on the team in team games he's too easily pushed out of lanes and he's the one rarely getting kills in a team game, that in itself is a major problem, he can't summon idols like generals so he has to fall back on damage output since he's so squishy it's rare you see tb go toe to toe with another demigod with autoattack hence his spells should carry him.

People should fear fire only tb like the fear UB  As I said so far I've been one of the only one that recognized his fireball was way too weak, it was such a good idea you stole it and posted it in the main thread haha. 

Base speed is contestable because of fire/ice aura's but a slight increase might be good, but maybe not needed with damage buffed fireball hence I've been playing with the idea and playing around with it.  I really like the tweak I've made so far to fireball, since healing sedna is such a nasty beast to take down it's nice to see that tb can put a bit more pressure on her with fireball.

I've been playing with the idea of hero specific favor items, therefore making balancing favor items much easier and giving diverse set of tools to different players so people don't all go for the same favor items (i.e. blood of the fallen, etc).

The thing that makes games great is having well designed limits and constraints you have to work within and not universalizing everything therefore making the game tactically deficient.

January 13, 2010 2:30:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just have to say that those aura changes are a trip straight up to crazy town.  TB already has a pretty strong early game.  Giving him permanent +20 hp/s would basically turn him into jesus.

January 13, 2010 2:52:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"TB already has a pretty strong early game."

Uhm no, if you think he's strong early game go play erb on prison 1v1 or vs ub and see how strong he is, I've been playing a few pantheon 1v1's and if you think TB is strong early game compared to all the top tier demigods, you are out of your mind.

January 13, 2010 3:47:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erebus can't touch a properly played TB until level 5, and even then it will cost said Erebus prohibitive amounts of mana to reach you and deal any reasonable damage.

If you expect to tank another demigod with TB, I think I can see why you might be having problems.

January 13, 2010 5:07:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"f you expect to tank another demigod with TB, I think I can see why you might be having problems."

But there is no other option in 1v1 but to tank directly which makes 1v1 for TB on maps like prison impossible against equally skilled players.  That's broken fundamentally.

Lets not also forget we have abundant statistical evidence that certain characters are objectively better then others based on the numbers alone.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000515   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.