The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] OCULUS

By on January 17, 2010 1:17:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

-----------------------------------------------------
# Oculus
-----------------------------------------------------

Version 1.23

Bug Fixes
- Electrocution now works as intended
- brainstorm now removes debuffs (thx to ptarth and nzac working on it)

Blast Off I
- adjusted the dmg radius to equal the same as levels II,III and IV

King Of The Minotaurs - Minos

- added armor bonus of 50/100/150

King Of The Minotaurs - Archers
- added attack speed bonus of 3%/5%/7%

King Of The Minotaurs - Priests

- added mana regen bonus of 2/3/4

Sacrifice
- increased heal percentages to 20%/40%/60% from 20/30/40%
- increased heal radius to 15 from 10

Ball Lightning IV

- decreased mana cost to 720
- each level now increases in attack rate from 1.7 to 1.65/1.6/1.55
- increased max balls to 6, decreased summon amount to 3

Explosive end
- decreased dmg to 300 from 400

Im unable to get Brain Storm to clear target from debuffs, can anyone provide the code? thx

+32 Karma | 25 Replies
January 17, 2010 1:52:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

what does this ability do, i dont remeber atm?

January 17, 2010 1:53:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

did you seriously just buff Occ? Other than Ball Lightning. Which I agree with. But ffs.

January 17, 2010 1:55:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What's your fix for Electrocution? I tried to fix it back when he was first "added" to the game.

I'll try to check out the curing of debuffs. Should be able to compare to Sedna's heal, though.

January 17, 2010 2:19:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Apart from bug fixes occ is powerful enough as it is.

The only things that could be touched are ball lightning and the giving mana ability (removing debuffs at level 10 or possibly 5 could make the skill useful and still underpowered compared to others).

There is a reason that blast off 1 has a low aoe: its so occ can't farm an intrire creep wave and tele to saftey at level 1 (somthing that would be really nice to be able to do, but is very much overpowered).

January 17, 2010 2:23:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
Code: javascript
  1. #################################################################################################################
  2. # Func: Brain Storm
  3. #################################################################################################################
  4. function BrainStorm(abilityDef, unit, params)
  5.     local target = params.Targets[1]
  6.     local maxEnergy = target:GetMaxEnergy()
  7.     local currentEnergy = target:GetEnergy()
  8.     if currentEnergy + abilityDef.HealAmt > maxEnergy then
  9.         target:SetEnergy(maxEnergy)
  10.     else
  11.         target:SetEnergy(currentEnergy + abilityDef.HealAmt)
  12.     end
  13.     #Edit: Clear Debuffs
  14.     Buff.RemoveBuffsByDebuff(unit, true)
  15.     if Validate.HasAbility(unit, 'HOculusMentalAgility') then
  16.         Buff.ApplyBuff(target, 'HOculusMentalAgility', unit)
  18.         # Mana regain effects at targeted unit
  19.         AttachBuffEffectAtBone( target, 'Energize01', -2 );
  21.         # Casting effects on hand
  22.         AttachEffectsAtBone( unit, EffectTemplates.Oculus.BrainstormCast01, 'sk_Puppet02_staff_effects' )   
  24.         # Glow at base of Oculus
  25.         AttachEffectsAtBone( unit, EffectTemplates.Sedna.CastHeal02, -2 )
  26.     end
  27. end

You could try that i think it would remove debuffs like heal does but you will have to test it.

Buff.RemoveBuffsByDebuff(params.Targets[1], true)

is the added line.

January 17, 2010 3:05:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

im only just proposing these ideas, like other did to me b4 i posted em here. 

IMHO these minor buffs proposed seem to makes sense. Ill decide soon on whether ill implement these tweaks.

@nzac ive tried various ways, and none seem to work, even the one u suggested.

Need more opinions!

January 17, 2010 4:23:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

im fairly shure thats the line, i thought that was the right place for it

you could try using the line:

Buff.RemoveBuffsByDebuff(unit, true)

outside the if Has abiltiy statement, appears gpg may have rewritten the function for occulass so the input veriable are different. Ill edit the above code again.

You could also try changing 'unit' to 'target' also.

How have you been testing it, i could see if i can get it working.

January 17, 2010 4:37:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i looked at it again, and i missed the positioning of the code. Instead i replaced a line of Oculus code with the line from sednas to see if i could get it working that way. lemme know if u get it working though

January 17, 2010 12:59:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why the buff on "King of Minotaurs"? That's good enough skill as it is.

January 17, 2010 3:18:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/373678/page/1/#2506415

Ptarth has a solution here i think i am missing an end statement some where.

I still cant see why my second solution does not work.

January 17, 2010 3:30:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Give him the managain death effect if you can, and change sacrifice to something useful, but not overpowered. I'd stick some mana return on it or something, because right now it's kind of lackluster, especially for three whole points.

Regarding Blast Off, I'd give it the large AoE from start, but a lower damage progression coupled with a shorter recharge and lower cost, so it doesn't offer a nearly instant huge nuke coupled with CL.

January 17, 2010 9:25:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Esuzu,
Why the buff on "King of Minotaurs"? That's good enough skill as it is.

well, fixed figures arent as great as regenerative rates so as a way of complimenting the max mana gained i thought id add a very minor mana regen. Same goes for the other stats. Max health is nice but it only helps against burst dmg whereas if u have some armor behind it u can survive a little more melee/ranged dps. Thats just the way i think of things.

Quoting nzac,
https://forums.demigodthegame.com/373678/page/1/#2506415

Ptarth has a solution here i think i am missing an end statement some where.

I still cant see why my second solution does not work.

yeh ill have to look into it

Quoting The_Regicide,
Give him the managain death effect if you can, and change sacrifice to something useful, but not overpowered. I'd stick some mana return on it or something, because right now it's kind of lackluster, especially for three whole points.

Regarding Blast Off, I'd give it the large AoE from start, but a lower damage progression coupled with a shorter recharge and lower cost, so it doesn't offer a nearly instant huge nuke coupled with CL.

ill see what i can do with the death effect. mana gain makes the most sense also.
As for blast off, i think it might be fine as is. but ill see ... not too many changes though lol.

January 17, 2010 10:07:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok thx nzac for linking me to ptarth's post. Got it fixed. Was so easy and i tried to do it a harder way lol. 

February 4, 2010 1:39:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is a reason that blast off 1 has a low aoe: its so occ can't farm an intrire creep wave and tele to saftey at level 1 (somthing that would be really nice to be able to do, but is very much overpowered).

February 4, 2010 2:07:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please give Occ an interrupt.

February 4, 2010 7:35:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was thinking about the exact same thing ORION. Instead of making the blast off radius the same for all levels, maybe keep it as it is and give it a stun for .5/1/1.5/2 seconds for DGs and 2/3/4/5 seconds for creeps hit by blast off! it would make sense, I mean the guy litteraly jumps and smack his ass on the ground, he should be able to stun shit !

February 4, 2010 8:49:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol .... yeh but ppl r complaining about me makign him OP with minor buffs, so im not sure how an AOE interrupt will notmake him OP. im all for the idea btw but others seem to like him the way he is other than the fact that a few of his skills needed a couple of fixes.

i might even add the aoe interrupt to brainstorm. I'll see if i can get it to stun those around targetted ally. hmmm ... what to do...

February 5, 2010 5:36:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

how about giving chain lightning an interrupt effect for all DGs hit by the lightning without being stunned. This way he can be a tier 1 DG without buffing his skills ?

The only complain I have is the radius of blast off. please restore it back to its original value.

February 5, 2010 8:56:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

before i do that, i wanna just point out that you are using quite a large amount of mana just to use blast off so you would expect a fairly rewarding result.

also ... i just looked at the code in my modded version of occulus and i dont think i increased the effect radius of the "hit smaller units in the air". Im confused with the terminology they have used for this functionality (coz there are 2 properties in regards to this function). So if u want ... try it out. I think i only increased the radius of the direct dmging aspect of the skill.

February 5, 2010 9:53:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I found 1 mistake while testing Occulus: the little icons of the minion passive boosts don't display the new effects, but the tooltip of the skill does.

concerning the blast off radius, its not really game breaking. Its a good thing that you didn't change the "hit small units in the air". Occulus is already an excellent farmer starting level 1 with chain lightning. Unless the community see it as imbalanced Im fine with this change. I still maintain that Occ needs an interrupt.

**** maybe you should remove the first line of this thread now ****

February 5, 2010 11:25:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My only want for Oc would be to not have Explosive End trigger off resummoned balls (lol).

I think the ability is great but the fact that he can just resummon them to do the damage kills abilities to get away from it (like stuns)

But of course, that's justm e.

February 6, 2010 8:51:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@gkrit

I thought that those small buff icons on top of the health bar work exactly like the TB's form switch and auras icons, and I think that you were able to modify them in this mod. So how come it is different with Occ ?

About the interrupt, well since Occ is already very powerful I would think of giving to one of his active skills a chance to interrupt [& optionally stun]. example:

- blast off: Occ has 40/50/60/70% chance to interrupt DGs hit by blast off, [& optionally for levels 3/4 a 50/60% chance to stun DGs for 1/2 sec]. (just rough values)

I think its a new kind of skill that is not in the game currently. What do you think ?

February 6, 2010 8:59:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

not sure how i would code the chance rate for a skill. There is weapon proc but no skill proc that im aware of. So not sure how i would go about that one. I reckon there would be more tactical plays if brainstorm caused a stun time. Could be used to overcome a spit UB (since brainstorm can remove debuffs), and put him out of play for a short time and give ur ally time to escape if needs be. Hmmm ... still thinking but not sure if i should add anything coz there are so many ppl that would complain while others would like it.

As for the tooltips... i thought u were talkign about something else lol but now i know what ur talking about. Ill have this fixed in the next version.

February 6, 2010 9:00:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

double post .... :/

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.