The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] SEDNA

By on December 13, 2009 5:28:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

--MASTER THREAD CLICK HERE--

-----------------------------------------------------
# Sedna
-----------------------------------------------------

Version 1.21

Bug fixes
- fixed tooltip for inspiring roar so that it shows

Inspiring Roar
- increased minion buff duration for 7 secs.

Army Bonus: Magnificent Presence II,III
- increased minions max health benefit to 200/300

version 1.2

Inspiring Roar
- removed minion evasion
- added minion buff increasing their attack speed

Life's Child
- changed trigger percentage to 40%

Inspiring Roar
- increased minion evasion benefit to 25% from 15%.

Horn of the Yeti
- decreased mana costs to 175/400/575/850
- dmg for lvl2,3,4, increased to 9/18/27

Wild Swings
- splash dmg does an additional 10% dmg instead of 25% less dmg.

Death Effect
- increased heal amount to 500
- increased effect radius to 15

+32 Karma | 13 Replies
December 14, 2009 2:02:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Plus buff the amount of armor Sedna gains per level:

Comparing her to the other melee  (high-tier, doesn't include DA) melee chars at level 20 with NO items or abilities on:

Erebus: 4405 ( 5964.37 Modified Armored Health )

UB: 4115 (5897.618 Modified Armored Health)

Oak: 4360 ( 5886 Modified Armored Health )

Rook: 4750 ( 6000.2 Modified Armored Health )

Sedna: 3785 ( 4993.172 Modified Armored Health )

I'm okay with her having a smaller HP base, after all, she does have Heal as well as massive hp regen.

Sedna with a Scailmil:

3785 ( 5901.572 Modified Armored Health )

I think that's maybe a bit too much of a buff (a full +600 Armor). So make it 400, which would be about 5600 effective HP. That's just increasing her armor per level by 20, not much of a buff since that is less of an increase than Improved Attributes (25).

Another issue is that Sedna has no scaling defense, unlike other melee characters.

Erebus has mist (1 point increases its usefulness as debuff skills become stronger), batswarm (getting away from stronger demigods always useful)

Oak has Shield (obvious), DJ (DJ heals more with larger creeps)

Rook has towers (not as good scaling defense as others because of catapults, but if you have catapults as well then your catapults will focus fire their catapults down first).

UB has Ooze, which reduces his damage taken, then also Acclimation.

Sedna has heal, which is no doubt powerful, but doesn't scale very well when you start getting hit with giants and 1000 damage nukes. Erebus also has a strong healing attack but he has high Armor as well.

Simply increasing her armor will not give her scaling defense, but it will make her more useful around level 15 sinc e she has difficulty taking on any high-tier demigod at those levels (though she can take them on at lower levels, which is good).

December 14, 2009 2:31:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yeh OMG i cant find the code that controls the base stats!!!!

anyone know where i could find these?

yeh i know what ur talking about, i would change quitye a few of these stats if i knew where they were but im having toubles finding them.

December 14, 2009 4:18:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Name = '<LOC UNIT_NAME_0033>Sedna',
    Physics = {
        MaxAcceleration = 100,
        MaxBrake = 100,
        MaxSpeed = 6.0,
        RunSpeed = 11,
        MaxSpeedReverse = 0,
        MotionType = 'RULEUMT_Land',
        RotateOnSpot = false,
        StandUpright = true,
        TurnRadius = 0,
        TurnRate = 450,
    },
    SelectionCenterOffsetZ = 1.45,
    SelectionSizeX = 3,
    SizeX = 4,
    SizeY = 4,
    SizeZ = 7,
    Stats = {
        MaxHealth       = 1600,
        Armor           = 380,
        MaxEnergy       = 884,
        RateOfFire      = 0,
        DamageRating    = 155,
        Regen           = 2.82,
        EnergyRegen     = 2.76,
        Primary = 'Magic',
    },
    Steering = {
        AttractCoeff = 6.0,
        RepulseCoeff = 30.0,
        Manual = true,
        Category = "Hero",
    },
    StrategicIconSize = 0,
    VO = {
        Lobby = 'Forge/VO/Sedna/snd_VO_dg_sedna_lobby',
        TournamentVictory = 'Forge/VO/Ann/Ending_Victories/snd_vo_Announcer_Ending_Victories_Sedna',
    },
    Weapon = {
        {
            AttackAirAction = 'AttackAir',
            AttackAirMoveAction = 'AttackAirMove',
            AlwaysRecheckTarget = false,
            BallisticArc = 'RULEUBA_None',
            CanDamageReturn = true,
            CanFireWhileMoving = true,
            CollideFriendly = false,
            Damage = 0,
            DamageDelay = 0.3,
            DamageFriendly = false,
            DamageType = 'Hero',
            DisplayName = 'Cat Attack',
            FireTargetLayerCapsTable = {
                Land = 'Air|Land',
            },
            FiringTolerance = 360,
            HeadingArcCenter = 0,
            HeadingArcRange = 45,
            IsMelee = true,
            Label = 'MeleeWeapon',
            MaxRadius = 6,
            RateOfFire = 0.67,
            SlavedToBody = true,
            TargetCheckInterval = 0.2,
            TargetPriorities = {
                'ALLUNITS',
            },
            TargetRestrictDisallow = 'UNTARGETABLE',
            WeaponType = 'Sword',
        },
    },

December 14, 2009 5:15:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NO, DO NOT INCREASE ARMOR ON SEDNA.

December 14, 2009 5:44:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

where did u find that code abuggered, give me the folder directory plz lol

December 14, 2009 5:46:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

if you want to mod base stats look for the thread on modifying unit.bp files. Stat increases per level are in another file though.

December 14, 2009 6:37:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

how do u open bp files?

December 14, 2009 2:22:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
how do u open bp files?

those are text files... any editor... like notepad++

December 14, 2009 2:39:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

increase yeti hp pls as well!

December 14, 2009 3:04:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One thing I would look at would be to make Wilk Swings availible a lot earlier.

I think the fact that she only gets 4 minions compaired to 9/10 that they should have better anti-grunt properties. Hell, even QoT's awful minions do a line of dmg.

Maybe make the 3rd lvl and higher have it? Maybe 2nd?

December 14, 2009 5:07:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
NO, DO NOT INCREASE ARMOR ON SEDNA.

Increasing the amount of armor she got per level (rather than just giving her +200 armor at the start) is barely significant. By level 10 she would only have +4% mitigation than she does now. That is not a large amount of damage.

If she had 20% mitigation before this change, and you had 250 Weapon Damage, each hit would drop her by 200 damage. With 24% mitigation it would be 190. Since you only attack once every 1.2 seconds or so, this comes out to roughly +8 hps BUT ONLY IN COMBAT. If you won by 400 hp in a /50 second/ CONSTANT engagement, well, now it would be tied. And that's assuming no one uses any skills since Armor doesn't effect  how much damage you take from skills. That is not a terrifying buff.

By level 20, she would have a full +8% mitigation which puts her on the SAME LEVEL (except Rook, who has a massive health pool to balance and would still have more effective HP) as other melee demigods. Before then she would still be weaker then them. Just not as much as she is now.

I'm not trying to buff Sedna's early or mid game, even though it would see a hardly-noticeable buff. I'm trying to make her more useful in Level 13+ fights since currently she has the HP pool of a ranged character at level 13, which means that she will be targeted in a 3v3 dogpile. Sure, she has a heal button, but that only works once every 3 seconds. I'm okay with her having a low hp pool, but after level 15 or so she simply cannot fight another Demigod 1v1 assuming there are giants on the table (and no, that's not fighting in a creep wave. That's fighting on top of the hp flag with both creep waves equal and hitting eachother/the demigods). The only good demigods she can partner with well last game for 2v2's are Oak and UB. UB has a massvie HP pool and she can hide behind him and  heal him like crazy. With Oak she can actually engage, take damage, heal once, heal twice, get shielded, heal a third time. As I just said, in 3v3 dogpiles, she will always be targeted (since she has the small hp pool and is more suscepitable to BURST damage, which increasing Armor doesn't affect) and wont' be able to get more than a few heals off.

Sedna's weakness is lack of effective AoE (which means she can't deal with creeps/minions as well as others), low damage output for a melee demigod (in exchange for high regen). She currently is the only melee demigod who is rather ineffective late game.

Oak has Shield,

Rook is admittiably weaker late game because he has less times to set up a tower farm and enemy creeps tear it up, but he still can defend a locked friendly or a locked enemy portal flag better than everyone else but I still want to improve Rook's late game as well sooooo,

Erebus has Mass Charm which stuns enemy creep waves for 9 seconds allowing his to royally screw stuff up (also Mist is scaling and currently Bites' armor debuff is scaling as well),

UB has Ooze which is a scaling defense and is also a DPS machine.

DA has Shadow-Swap (Level 15 range is absurd) and then most of his active skills do insane DPS. He still can't 1v1 anyone particularily well but that is nothing special

Currently the only decent ranged demigod late game is Torch, and that is because of his insane creep-control. Cold Aura slows enemy creeps, Fire Aura strengthens his own, and many of his attacks are AoE to begin with.

I'd like to fix that and I /really/ don't think anyone's weakness should be "sucks ass late game". It doesn't have to be "WTFPWNT AWESOME late game" like DA or UB (with Acclimation). That is how the Queen is, and how Reg is, and look how popular they are to play? Of course, Sedna isn't an epic-fail late game like Queen or Reg but she still isn't on par with other melee characters late game. Giving her a small + armor/level bonus does this.

Edit:

I've been mostly looking at Effective HP as the medium for balancig this, since it is the most convient for me to look at. Of course, Effective HP doesn't take into account burst damage, which means that real-HP is typically much closer to the amount of damage you take before you die than Effective HP. Since Sedna has such a small HP pool, while I was playing with increasing Armor, a more drastic increase was making a smaller change. Looking at the raw numbers other demigods have, however, would bring Sedna to have a bit high Armor, more than I anticipated.

What I would do is increase both Sedna's and Rook's armor values by 5 per level, rather than what I was saying, by 10. I still think that Sedna needs some help Level 15+ but it doesn't look like just increasing her armor to bring effective HP into line with the rest of them is the way to do it.

December 14, 2009 11:12:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sedna has heal, which is no doubt powerful, but doesn't scale very well when you start getting hit with giants and 1000 damage nukes.

maybe heal could give debuff immunity for X seconds?

April 5, 2010 4:29:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Could adding an evasion to Sedna's Inner Grace help her late game, do you think?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000265   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.