The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Read First: Known/Reported Issues List (and some solutions)

By on July 18, 2009 9:10:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

kryo

Join Date 05/2003
+436

Please see this list before posting about any issues you may have experienced. Known issues with workarounds or special reporting methods are listed first. A list of known issues without workarounds can be found at the end of this post, and will be updated as we resolve them in updates or discover workarounds.

If you have a non-crash issue to report (for crashes, see the section below), please create a new thread for it rather than replying here. You may bring attention to issues that might have been overlooked here, but please do not start discussions in this thread. This thread is intended as a listing of previously reported issues, not as a support venue or soapbox, and may be moderated strictly if the need arises.

• Crashes (any)
    Resolving crash issues is one of our top priorities. If you experience a crash at any point, please download this zip file and run the .cmd file inside. It will gather a variety of debugging information and generate another zip file in My Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod\reports which you can email to [email protected] (please include any details about what you were doing in the game at the time that you can). They will attempt to reproduce the issue and pass the info on to the developers if they cannot help directly.

• Poor performance on machines exceeding the recommended requirements
    Research by GPG and some users has indicated that this seems to have two potential causes. The best known one is related to sound chipsets (usually onboard ones) being unable to cope with the game's sound demands and the simulation at the same time. While the sound system was reworked to reduce the load in a previous update, users with this issue may find that setting audio quality to low and disabling reverb in the options can help. In extreme cases, it may be necessary to disable sound entirely by adding /nosound to the end of the target line on your shortcut or start menu entry for Demigod. It has also been found that this issue can be caused by corrupt or damaged libraries in some cases. See replies #143 and #147 on this thread for further details on that.

• Demigod will not start (no error)
    If nothing happens at all when you attempt to run the game, the most common causes are Logitech webcam software (see here) and Comodo Defense+ firewall (see here).

• Demigod will not start, but gives a Direct3D error or says to update your drivers
    This typically means that your video card does not meet the game's minimum requirements. The game requires a video card with Shader Model 3 support (Radeon x1600 and up, Geforce 6800 and up). Most integrated video chipsets (as low-mid range laptops usually have) are not capable of running the game. If your video card does exceed the minimum requirements, make sure that your display supports a resolution of at least 1024x768. Resolutions smaller in either width or especially height are not supported.

• Demigod freezes at the map load screen with "[no text]" at the bottom
    This is caused by a corrupted preferences file. Deleting/renaming the Game.prefs file from My Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod should resolve this issue.

• You have logged in for multiplayer before, but are now told your login is incorrect
    This most commonly occurs immediately following a crash. It can take a few minutes for your old session to time out, after which you will be able to log in again. If this issue persists more than a brief span of time, please contact [email protected].

• Match is ended by an "Invalid Gamestate" message
    This message appears when a desync occurs. The match is terminated because the simulation is no longer identical between all players, which can lead to inconsistent or indeterminate outcomes. We are investigating reports that some users may be somehow causing desyncs to occur intentionally as a griefing tactic.

• Known unresolved issues
    Issues which we are aware of but do not currently have workarounds for are listed here.

• Ping times periodically spike in-game (despite sufficient upload bandwidth). (Link)
    • Rollover Data Error on flag tooltip while being captured behind fog of war. (Link)
    • Multi-game achievements fail to record progress properly. (Link)
    • Game result stats include players who joined and left lobby before match start. (Link)
    • Erebus can commit suicide by drinking own Poison Blood potion. (Link)
    • /noAI switch does not prevent AI matchups.
    • Pathing issues on Prison (example video) (Link)
    • Overlay friend chat buttons constantly reappear.
    • Current HP/MP decrease when dropping buff items (Link) (Fix)
    • Assorted replay playback issues (Link)
    • Forces of Darkness towers do not appear until war rank 4 on Zikurat (Link/Fix)
    • Queen of Thorns root attack animation issue (Link/Fix)
    • Sludge Slinger fails without feedback if not in range and facing target (Link)
    • Erebus’ Mist sometimes fails to deactivate when out of mana (Link) (Fix)
    • Sedna’s Silence debuff never expires under certain conditions (Link)
    • Sedna’s Silence ability can cause game sound to mute (Link)
    • Conflict with Ventrilo causes Demigod crashes? (Link)
    • In-game elapsed time display does not match actual time for no-stats grace period (Link)
    • Minion summoning buttons vanish under certain circumstances when selling Monk idol (Link)
    • Demigods can loot ground potions from long range under certain circumstances (Link)
    • Lobby join/part messages use host localization rather than current user’s (Link)
    • War score display at citadel shows average of both sides, rather than owner’s side (Link)
    • Torchbearer’s Fireball stops short of target and moves vey slowly under certain circumstances (Link)
    • Oculus’ Brain Storm has no visual effect without Mental Agility and does not remove debuffs (Link/Fix)
    • Oak Shield effects are not visible on Oculus (Link/Fix)
    • Oculus’ Electrocution talent does not stop regeneration (Link)
Pinned, Locked Post 61 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 4, 2009 12:04:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome, thanks.

August 4, 2009 3:38:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think rooks inability to set a tower on random occasions should be added.

This happens once and a while, you pick a perfectly clean peice of the map try to set your tower and it says "aborted" or something similar.

This is particularily annoying when you are trying to down a structure but not take the damage by setting a tower and the gods "abort" your attempt.

August 6, 2009 11:55:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And it was kryo. We had a smooth night of 5v5s again. Great!

Anyways, here is my pathfinding bug video.

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/360973

And the actual video...

http://www.xfire.com/video/10904e/

August 7, 2009 12:03:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Kryo, have you seen the issue with the new desync handling. It looks like the desync now ends the game instantly. What about adding a desync countdown before kicking the desyncing player. Again it sucks to end a game and this may be an exploitable area to force no loss.

We are having a conversation about it in this thread.

August 7, 2009 10:09:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The new desync handling is intentional, but if you can confirm any new issues arising as a result, I'll add them.

August 7, 2009 3:06:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am getting very weird graphic problems that I never use to have.  In midplay, the graphics go all blocky and the game locks up.  By minimizing and getting back to desktop, I can return to the game and continue, but the graphics happen again.  I never had this problem till after the last patch.  I played single player all the way through (tournament) with about 5 dg.  Now I am useing the QoT and I am haveing all these graphic problems.  Someone posted a fix for ATI cards, but I have a Nvidia 6800 with latest drivers.  I dont play at an extremely high resolution but these graphic glitches seem to happen more now and has made the game unplayable...  Guess I will wait for next patch to see if it fixes anything.....  Looked at some of the tech support forums and found that one sticky on fixing it... but it applies to ATI cards and I cant do what they suggest to fix....

Hope this is addressed.....

August 7, 2009 7:52:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please add to the list the broken "Sludge Slinger" trinket. When using it on an opponent who you are not facing it will get you stuck until you use a skill. (Link)

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this item is quite important in fights against certain Demigods.

August 8, 2009 4:13:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i dunno if this has been mentioned but i get a bug sometimes where some players are shown as "empty" in the lobby

August 8, 2009 5:29:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah that happened before the last hotfix too. The host simply has to Open and Close (or vice versa) a slot, or move the position of himself, then the players list will get updated for every player again. But this should definitely be added to the list.

August 9, 2009 12:55:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kryo,
The new desync handling is intentional, but if you can confirm any new issues arising as a result, I'll add them.

Kryo - from a stat reporting point of view, should the there be any record of the game ever happening if a desync occurs?  The 1 time its happened to me (about 15 min into a game with/against human players), there was no record of the game. 

August 10, 2009 8:57:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not sure, I'd assume though that it should at least report as N/A.

August 30, 2009 3:28:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

any ETA on the torch bearer autoattack fix?

is it really something that can't be hotfixed before you guys roll over 1.2?

August 31, 2009 7:02:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Serious +Minion Health Items Bug: Shamblers are summoned half-dead.

September 2, 2009 6:01:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Kryo - can we get the minion health items bug added to the thread CosMoe mentioned?  A link to the thread is here:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/362045

Here's the problem: 

When buying +Minion Health Items (Hauberk of Life, etc.) and using any General but Erebus, your minions have their original health when summoned and not the boosted health.

Here's the solution:

Apparently, when the Sigil buff was created, the developer used the Hauberk of Life item as a model. Part of the copied code was not replaced, and this caused the overwriting error. To fix the problem with the Sigil of Life:

Edit the Consumable Items file:

\lua\common\Items\Consumable_Items.lua

Change line 1274 from:

BuffType = 'CHEST040MINIONHEALTH',

to:

BuffType = 'CONSUMABLE110PASSIVE',

Regarding the torchbearer autoattack bug from your list, here is the solution:

Open the file MageFire_Character.lua.  Select lines 179/180/181 and paste in the following code:  

Code: c++
  1. ANIM_START_MOVING = { Duration = 0.2, TargetState = 'AttackRangedMove', CopyClocks = true, },
  2.             },
  3.         },
  4.         AttackRangedMove = {
  5.              SoundLoop = 'Forge/DEMIGODS/Torch_Bearer/snd_dg_torch_idle_fire_lp',
  6.              BaseAttackLength = 1.5,
  7.              Compositions = {
  8.                  {
  9.                     Animation = '/characters/Mage/animations/Mage_AttackFire_anim.gr2',
  10.                     Loop = false,
  11.                     EventOnCompletion = true,
  12.                     Events = {
  13.                         { name = 'torch_mode2_attack', time = 0.48, }, #sound
  14.                         { name = 'FireAttack', time = 0.5, },
  15.                         { name = 'attack_effect_01', time = 0.4, },
  16.                         { name = 'attack_effect_02', time = 0.6, },
  17.                     },
  18.                 },
  19.             },
  20.             Transitions = {
  21.                 ANIM_DONE = { TargetState = 'Idle',},
  22.                 ANIM_INTERRUPT =  { Duration = 0.2, TargetStateStationary = 'Idle', TargetStateMoving = 'Run', },
  23.                 ANIM_STOP_MOVING = { Duration = 0.2, TargetState = 'AttackRanged', CopyClocks = true, },
  24.             },
  25.         },

September 6, 2009 6:52:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Was the Valor Flag bug ever fixed?

September 10, 2009 7:38:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sound looping issue (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356935). This happens alot. Very annoying.

Move order is canceled when using effects (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356694). The move order is turned into an auto-attack order.

Nice listing of auto-attack related bugs (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356419)

Inaccurate health bar on zoom in (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/356347)

Mana/Health loss on item drop (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/360939)

Light/Dark capping all flags creates "Invalid Game State" error (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/362132)

Language for engine messages (xxx has left, xxx has joined...) in game lobby uses the hosts language setting (this should be the users language setting): my russian is a bit rusty!

Torchbearer: Respawns in Ice mode by default. This should be the last used mode (Fire/Ice)!

HAPPY HUNTING...

September 10, 2009 9:05:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shade,
Was the Valor Flag bug ever fixed?
It's not a valor flag bug, it's just a flag bug. The regen flags on Leviathan have the same issue.

September 16, 2009 5:50:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ntropy,

Mana/Health loss on item drop (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/360939)

I think I solved this.

• AdjustHealth and AdjustMana should work correctly
  • Sigil works like it did before (same applies to mana: Inspirational Flame)
  • Dropping items (they are Adjust=false) doesn't effect current Mana/Health

1. function MaxHealth( unit, buffName )
  2.     local oldMaxHealth = unit:GetMaxHealth()
  3.     local unitbphealth = unit:GetBlueprint().Defense.MaxHealth or 1
  4.     local newMaxHealth = BuffCalculate(unit, buffName, 'MaxHealth', unitbphealth)
  5.     unit:SetMaxHealth(newMaxHealth)
  6.     unit.Sync.MaxHealth = newMaxHealth
  7.     # Adjusts current health by the amount of the MaxHealth buff
  8.     local maxHealthAdjustment = newMaxHealth - oldMaxHealth
  9.     local currentHealth = unit:GetHealth()
  10.     # If we are decreasing max health, then apply the descrease
  11.     if maxHealthAdjustment < 0 then
  12.         if(Buffs[buffName].Affects.MaxHealth.AdjustHealth == true) then
  13.             if(currentHealth + maxHealthAdjustment <= 0) then
  14.                 unit:AdjustHealth(-currentHealth + 1)
  15.             else
  16.                 unit:AdjustHealth(maxHealthAdjustment)
  17.             end
  18.         else
  19.             if currentHealth > newMaxHealth then
  20.                 unit:AdjustHealth(newMaxHealth - currentHealth)
  21.             end
  22.         end
  23.     # Otherwise we are increasing max health. The bp tells us whether or not to adjust the current health
  24.     else
  25.         if(Buffs[buffName].Affects.MaxHealth.AdjustHealth == true) then
  26.            unit:AdjustHealth(maxHealthAdjustment)
  27.         end
  28.     end
  29.     #LOG('*BUFF: Unit ', repr(unit:GetEntityId()), ' buffed max health to ', repr(val))
  30. end

1. function MaxEnergy( unit, buffName )
  2.     local oldMaxEnergy = unit:GetMaxEnergy()
  3.     local unitbpenergy = unit:GetBlueprint().Energy.EnergyMax or 0
  4.     local newMaxEnergy = BuffCalculate(unit, buffName, 'MaxEnergy', unitbpenergy)
  5.     unit:SetMaxEnergy(newMaxEnergy)
  6.     # Adjusts current energy by the amount of the MaxEnergy buff
  7.     local maxEnergyAdjustment = newMaxEnergy - oldMaxEnergy
  8.     local currentEnergy = unit:GetEnergy()
  10.     # if we are decreasing the max energy then apply the decrease
  11.     if maxEnergyAdjustment < 0 then
  12.         if(Buffs[buffName].Affects.MaxEnergy.AdjustEnergy == true) then
  13.             if(currentEnergy + maxEnergyAdjustment <= 0) then
  14.                 unit:SetEnergy(1)
  15.             else
  16.                 unit:SetEnergy(currentEnergy + maxEnergyAdjustment)
  17.             end
  18.         else
  19.             if currentEnergy > newMaxEnergy then
  20.                 unit:SetEnergy(newMaxEnergy)
  21.             end
  22.         end
  23.     # if we are increasing the max energy
  24.     else
  25.         if(Buffs[buffName].Affects.MaxEnergy.AdjustEnergy == true) then
  26.            unit:SetEnergy(currentEnergy + maxEnergyAdjustment)
  27.         end
  28.     end
  29.     # LOG('*DEBUG: oldMaxEnergy ' .. oldMaxEnergy .. '\nnewMaxEnergy ' .. newMaxEnergy .. '\mcurrentEnergy ' .. currentEnergy .. '\nnewCurrentEnergy ' .. currentEnergy + maxEnergyAdjustment)
  30.     #LOG('*BUFF: Unit ', repr(unit:GetEntityId()), ' buffed max energy to ', repr(newMaxEnergy))
  31. end
September 23, 2009 4:23:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Damn Ntropy. GIVE THIS MAN A PAYCHECK!

September 23, 2009 11:20:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

plague not working with post mortem https://forums.demigodthegame.com/361394

to elaborate i think the only time post mortem will work once you pick plague is if the UB can kill the target in one hit (like the archers) before it's given a chance to be plagued.

October 16, 2009 3:06:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i dont host very often but this error happened twice to me yet. the game just hangs up while trying to host a game! no message, no crash, it just hangs and shows around 50% cpu in the taskmanager. i have waited 5 minutes and nothing happened.

first time it happened it was after i had kicked a player (the button still showed as pushed down). second time it was during typing into the chat!

ok another error i just experience the second time: i timed out for some other player and he timed out for me. thats really annoying cause he didnt time out for the others and we were stuck. i wanted to end the game so that the others would be able to go on playing but even that wasnt possible! i could concede and had to end the game by killing the process. i just hope that didnt cause a gamestate error since the game was fun so far... can there be anything done about this?

October 28, 2009 10:54:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,
Kryo - can we get the minion health items bug added to the thread CosMoe mentioned?  A link to the thread is here:  https://forums.demigodthegame.com/362045. 

Here's the problem: 

When buying +Minion Health Items (Hauberk of Life, etc.) and using any General but Erebus, your minions have their original health when summoned and not the boosted health.
Here's the solution:

Apparently, when the Sigil buff was created, the developer used the Hauberk of Life item as a model. Part of the copied code was not replaced, and this caused the overwriting error. To fix the problem with the Sigil of Life:
Edit the Consumable Items file:

\lua\common\Items\Consumable_Items.lua

Change line 1274 from:

BuffType = 'CHEST040MINIONHEALTH',

to:

BuffType = 'CONSUMABLE110PASSIVE',

Regarding the torchbearer autoattack bug from your list, here is the solution:

Open the file MageFire_Character.lua.  Select lines 179/180/181 and paste in the following code:  

ANIM_START_MOVING = { Duration = 0.2, TargetState = 'AttackRangedMove', CopyClocks = true, },
            },
        },
        AttackRangedMove = {
             SoundLoop = 'Forge/DEMIGODS/Torch_Bearer/snd_dg_torch_idle_fire_lp',
             BaseAttackLength = 1.5,
             Compositions = {
                 {
                    Animation = '/characters/Mage/animations/Mage_AttackFire_anim.gr2',
                    Loop = false,
                    EventOnCompletion = true,
                    Events = {
                        { name = 'torch_mode2_attack', time = 0.48, }, #sound
                        { name = 'FireAttack', time = 0.5, },
                        { name = 'attack_effect_01', time = 0.4, },
                        { name = 'attack_effect_02', time = 0.6, },
                    },
                },
            },
            Transitions = {
                ANIM_DONE = { TargetState = 'Idle',},
                ANIM_INTERRUPT =  { Duration = 0.2, TargetStateStationary = 'Idle', TargetStateMoving = 'Run', },
                ANIM_STOP_MOVING = { Duration = 0.2, TargetState = 'AttackRanged', CopyClocks = true, },
            },
        },

It will not let me save it, i am opening the file with notepad.  Is there some other program i have to open it with?  It says I cannot find the path, when i go into the bindata/characters/mage i do not see the LUA file anywhere.

October 29, 2009 10:48:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/357347/page/3/#2421415

Oak Shield IV bug

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369252

There's no valor flag on fortress mode for dark side

November 24, 2009 3:33:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Rook's shoulder mounted Tower of Light occasionally target fixes and refuses to fire at other targets when the original target leaves its range.

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/366694

November 25, 2009 6:04:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
  • I've fixed the Minions spawning with incorrectly less than max health when using minion hp buffs bug. (Link) error. The link describes the problem and includes a link to a mod that fixes it.
  • Additionally, the OP stickied list should be updated for 1.2.
  • mrappard fixed the Zikurat Tower bug (Link)
  • Using Sedna's Silence Ability causes speaker popping when using low fidelty sound quality.
Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000406   Page Render Time: