The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Achievements not saving correctly

By on June 30, 2009 2:50:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Goggris

Join Date 05/2009
+2

I see a lot of discrepancies on my achievement page and was wondering if this was a known issue that it wasn't saving right.

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/achievements/player/43213/

Things to note:

Regulus the Butcher

Kill 50 Demigods.

I've certainly killed waaaaay more than 50 demigods yet it shows only 8%.

Regulus the Master

Win 250 games.

I've won 31 games so far, most with Regulus and a few with UB.  How can this be 0%?

Regulus the Shopper

Buy 1000 items.

31 games so far, Buying about 6-7 items be game.  This should be 20%, not 1%.

Regulus the Veteran

Win 25 games.

This one should be unlocked but it shows it as 4%.

This is just a small sample - so what exactly is going on here?

Locked Post 43 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 30, 2009 4:03:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hm, this post wasn't there when I started writing my post about the same issue.

So yeah, good to know that others are aware of it.

July 3, 2009 1:42:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have this problem, lots and lots of achievments not updating. They were doing fine after 1.1 released, then stopped without warning. 500,000+ damage a game, lots of it from ROI, still 12% on the webpage. No other stats actually updating now I think about it.

July 3, 2009 1:53:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same issue!!!

July 3, 2009 2:25:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Dito here. 

July 3, 2009 3:05:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

So I think I figured my problem out...

It appears achievements only count for pantheon/skirmish (can this be confirmed by SD?).  The reason I was confused was because I hadn't played Regulus in pantheon/skirmish post patch, but I had some data from it that must have carried over from pre 1.1, even though achievements weren't saving on the website then.  I do see my achievements updating when I play with UB on pantheon/skirmish.

If this is the case, I think it's a silly design to only have achievements unlock via panth/skirmish.  I think any ranked game should count towards achievements.

July 4, 2009 4:18:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My achievments record fine if I play one character, lets say oak. But then if I switch demigod all the ahievements for oak disappears. So I only have acheivements for the demigod I was last playing all the others are gone...

July 6, 2009 4:25:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, I changed my mind - Achievements are broken.  Even if I'm just counting pantheon, my Unclean Beast should not have 0% of the way towards 250 wins.  2.5 wins gets me 1% and I've won about 15 or so post patch.

July 8, 2009 1:20:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same problem here, Lord Erebus killed 19 Demigods in a single game, plus several others in the mutliple games I have played, yet the:

"Kill 50 Demigods" reads out as 2%........................................

I was a huge supporter of Stardock, when the game released with these issues.... a few months ago.... is it really that hard to correct a tracking issue?

And we are all hoping for new maps and new demigods... lord only knows what issues those will bring....

Come on...

- Mord

July 9, 2009 12:27:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yup, I'm seeing this, too.  I got some Achievements when I first started playing and didn't notice any problems, but after my first weekend, I notice that most progress bars are not advancing and a couple are full, but not "complete".

I'm not trying to rib too hard here, but wasn't there something about a Gamer's Bill of Rights... 

-Zen

July 10, 2009 1:10:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Aye confirmed and most annoying.

July 12, 2009 12:50:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also confirmed; and I know what it's doing wrong (but not why) -- for any achievements that are "goal over time" and not specifically in one game, it will only count the first game you play as that Demigod.

This goes for the "win on all maps," "win X games," "kill X Demigods," and also such things as TB's "Deal X damage with Rain of Ice" and Rook's "Raise 100 towers using Tower of Power."

This is most noticable by checking random people's achievements on Pantheon and seeing that everyone is stuck at 12% for "win a game on every map as [insert DG here]."  12% (really 12.5%) is 1/8.

So if you get, say, 10% of the achievement done in your first game as that Demigod, it will remain stuck at 10% forevermore.  But if you actually fulfill the requirements in the very first game it will recognize it.  For instance if you've never played Rook then you play a game as him and raise 100 towers within that game, you'll get the achievement.  But if you raise 50 then it'll stay stuck at 50% even after subsequent games.

Not sure what happens if you partially fulfill it, then get the full amount required in a later game.

This bug does not affect achievements that can only be obtained during the course of one game, such as "Win a game as ____" or "Do X damage with [attack] in a single game."  It's only for those that save your progress over multiple games.

July 30, 2009 8:59:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bump!

We need this fixed for Christ sake...

July 31, 2009 1:01:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Will they be including a fix for this in the 1.2 patch?

August 8, 2009 10:55:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I posted same thing about this, it seems that the achievement jsut record one time when u do it. I killed like 8-10 demigod on a game and now, each demigod i kill doesnt count. I tested it in pantheon and i got the same thing. I dont know for you but when i open demigod, in achievement i have done nothing and i have 150 favor item. But when i log on Internet i have the same achivement as before, without update.

August 10, 2009 8:47:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have noticed the same thing going on.  Whenever I try a new DG I can get acheivements, but only in the first match.

I know for sure that I have gotten several others, but since it wasnt the first time playing that DG I didnt get them.

I think I know what is going on, it sounds like the file that saves the info is stuck in a "read only" state, and cant be undone.  That is if it saves all the info for each DG seperatly.

August 18, 2009 3:49:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bumping to make sure Devs know about this. Anyone seen them mention a fix is in the works, or at least SD acknowledge that achievements do not work?

August 18, 2009 10:48:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's been in the sticky for some time.

August 23, 2009 2:49:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My problem with achievements is:

I play TB and I won the achievment "put 150 demigods in deep freeze" but I had to quit the match before its finished.When I entered again I looked at my achievements and noticed that the border of that achievement was dark,although I had put 150 demigods in deep freeze.The bar is full, but it gave me no points and the achievement is not moved up where the other completed achievements are,instead of that the achievement is down with the uncompleted.What should I do?

August 23, 2009 4:55:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks Kryo.

September 3, 2009 7:09:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same for me. My achievements dont save the "win 25 games" is still at 3%!!! My favor points dont save either. I made a post at https://forums.demigodthegame.com/362523 about the same issue.

September 4, 2009 6:29:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have the same problems with the achievements like primz. It seems that the achievments only save once.

In Singel player there is another issue. The bars in the achievements overview seem to update correctly, but the ones that you gain over time won't be highlighted. e.g I didn't get my "kill 50 demigods" achievement, while the bar of the "kill 500 demigods" is half full.

September 8, 2009 5:08:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

not sure about that saving only for one dg, but only if i win by destroying citidel, holding flags etc so by making mission objective. But if i do win by concade there are no resaults at all in mine stats, so maybe problems is in this.

September 26, 2009 7:11:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"In Singel player there is another issue. The bars in the achievements overview seem to update correctly, but the ones that you gain over time won't be highlighted. e.g I didn't get my "kill 50 demigods" achievement, while the bar of the "kill 500 demigods" is half full."

Yes, I've also noticed this. The achievement just isn't awarded when the bar is maxed out. I'm sure it used to work OK in the earlier game builds.

Is there any fix/workaround for this?

September 30, 2009 3:00:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Same problems with the Achievements here, quite annoying. It also never registers for me something like "Defeat a Demigod 10 levels lower than you".

I also wanted to say that I once started a singleplayer Tournament game and accidentally chose the Queen of Thorns (I wanted to play with Sedna), so then from within the game I pressed F10 (Immediately after the "camera tour" you get in the beginning) and chose "End Game" and I got the Achievement of completing a game

October 3, 2009 10:01:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been looking aorund these last few days to see why my SP achievements aren't finalizing. I did get a couple of them pop up when completed, but I have quite a few that are at 100% and not achieved.

A few that come to mind are the light tower, the structural transfer, kill 50 demigods and win a game on every map. I can see the other ones building up like the damage one and the money one, but those will not trigger.

Is it beacuase I'm playing SP skirmish or are there some exclusive SP only achievements? I've been looking around all over the place (and i've hit quite a few dead fansites..heh) and I think the above posts represent what I'm having.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help out with this.

Cheers!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000781   Page Render Time: