The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Read First: Known/Reported Issues List (and some solutions)

By on July 18, 2009 9:10:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

kryo

Join Date 05/2003
+436

Please see this list before posting about any issues you may have experienced. Known issues with workarounds or special reporting methods are listed first. A list of known issues without workarounds can be found at the end of this post, and will be updated as we resolve them in updates or discover workarounds.

If you have a non-crash issue to report (for crashes, see the section below), please create a new thread for it rather than replying here. You may bring attention to issues that might have been overlooked here, but please do not start discussions in this thread. This thread is intended as a listing of previously reported issues, not as a support venue or soapbox, and may be moderated strictly if the need arises.

• Crashes (any)
    Resolving crash issues is one of our top priorities. If you experience a crash at any point, please download this zip file and run the .cmd file inside. It will gather a variety of debugging information and generate another zip file in My Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod\reports which you can email to [email protected] (please include any details about what you were doing in the game at the time that you can). They will attempt to reproduce the issue and pass the info on to the developers if they cannot help directly.

• Poor performance on machines exceeding the recommended requirements
    Research by GPG and some users has indicated that this seems to have two potential causes. The best known one is related to sound chipsets (usually onboard ones) being unable to cope with the game's sound demands and the simulation at the same time. While the sound system was reworked to reduce the load in a previous update, users with this issue may find that setting audio quality to low and disabling reverb in the options can help. In extreme cases, it may be necessary to disable sound entirely by adding /nosound to the end of the target line on your shortcut or start menu entry for Demigod. It has also been found that this issue can be caused by corrupt or damaged libraries in some cases. See replies #143 and #147 on this thread for further details on that.

• Demigod will not start (no error)
    If nothing happens at all when you attempt to run the game, the most common causes are Logitech webcam software (see here) and Comodo Defense+ firewall (see here).

• Demigod will not start, but gives a Direct3D error or says to update your drivers
    This typically means that your video card does not meet the game's minimum requirements. The game requires a video card with Shader Model 3 support (Radeon x1600 and up, Geforce 6800 and up). Most integrated video chipsets (as low-mid range laptops usually have) are not capable of running the game. If your video card does exceed the minimum requirements, make sure that your display supports a resolution of at least 1024x768. Resolutions smaller in either width or especially height are not supported.

• Demigod freezes at the map load screen with "[no text]" at the bottom
    This is caused by a corrupted preferences file. Deleting/renaming the Game.prefs file from My Documents\My Games\Gas Powered Games\Demigod should resolve this issue.

• You have logged in for multiplayer before, but are now told your login is incorrect
    This most commonly occurs immediately following a crash. It can take a few minutes for your old session to time out, after which you will be able to log in again. If this issue persists more than a brief span of time, please contact [email protected].

• Match is ended by an "Invalid Gamestate" message
    This message appears when a desync occurs. The match is terminated because the simulation is no longer identical between all players, which can lead to inconsistent or indeterminate outcomes. We are investigating reports that some users may be somehow causing desyncs to occur intentionally as a griefing tactic.

• Known unresolved issues
    Issues which we are aware of but do not currently have workarounds for are listed here.

• Ping times periodically spike in-game (despite sufficient upload bandwidth). (Link)
    • Rollover Data Error on flag tooltip while being captured behind fog of war. (Link)
    • Multi-game achievements fail to record progress properly. (Link)
    • Game result stats include players who joined and left lobby before match start. (Link)
    • Erebus can commit suicide by drinking own Poison Blood potion. (Link)
    • /noAI switch does not prevent AI matchups.
    • Pathing issues on Prison (example video) (Link)
    • Overlay friend chat buttons constantly reappear.
    • Current HP/MP decrease when dropping buff items (Link) (Fix)
    • Assorted replay playback issues (Link)
    • Forces of Darkness towers do not appear until war rank 4 on Zikurat (Link/Fix)
    • Queen of Thorns root attack animation issue (Link/Fix)
    • Sludge Slinger fails without feedback if not in range and facing target (Link)
    • Erebus’ Mist sometimes fails to deactivate when out of mana (Link) (Fix)
    • Sedna’s Silence debuff never expires under certain conditions (Link)
    • Sedna’s Silence ability can cause game sound to mute (Link)
    • Conflict with Ventrilo causes Demigod crashes? (Link)
    • In-game elapsed time display does not match actual time for no-stats grace period (Link)
    • Minion summoning buttons vanish under certain circumstances when selling Monk idol (Link)
    • Demigods can loot ground potions from long range under certain circumstances (Link)
    • Lobby join/part messages use host localization rather than current user’s (Link)
    • War score display at citadel shows average of both sides, rather than owner’s side (Link)
    • Torchbearer’s Fireball stops short of target and moves vey slowly under certain circumstances (Link)
    • Oculus’ Brain Storm has no visual effect without Mental Agility and does not remove debuffs (Link/Fix)
    • Oak Shield effects are not visible on Oculus (Link/Fix)
    • Oculus’ Electrocution talent does not stop regeneration (Link)
Pinned, Locked Post 61 Replies +2
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
July 19, 2009 11:54:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

forgot the bug where the capture and subsequent loss of the 2nd +30% health negates your own flag's benefit. Recapturing the opponent's reinforcement flag, such that you again control both flags, only gives back the benefit of one of the flags.

So, in essence, once you capture his flag, if it is lost, it's like you lost both, and you only have the possibility of regaining one.

I double checked this right before I posted.

July 20, 2009 12:04:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, that's the Valor Flag bug.

I'm assuming the Sedna High Priest bug is a given or something?

July 20, 2009 1:16:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Added. If there are any threads discussing these issues in depth, let me know and I'll link them for reference.

July 20, 2009 2:49:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the thread! I hope we can get some official statements from GPG.

Valor Flag Bug Report(FROM BETA) Obscinator suggests it happens with all duplicate flags?

Valor Flag Bug Report

Sedna High Priests(change the 3 in 30 to a 2 and you're done.)

I also found a thread very similar to yours with a list of bugs https://forums.demigodthegame.com/358839

July 20, 2009 4:00:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Kryo, can we fix some of these things via the LUA files and send it to GPG/SD to integrate?

July 20, 2009 10:53:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Feel free to pinpoint the location in the LUA of a problem, but GPG would generally still address it themselves.

July 20, 2009 12:34:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't think it would be much of a problem for them to integrate it. They can just file compare the edited LUA to make sure everything is kosher and then check it in. This would save a lot of trouble (for them) and things would finally get fixed.

If you could ask them about it then it would be great, because then we can change documentation as well to better fit the game. Such as proper data for skills, items and so forth.

Like putting in range/melee proc rates, like fixing gloves of despair to show 8% attack speed increase, and so forth. If you give it a green then that'll be great.

July 20, 2009 12:42:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the "official" list.

Please take a look at the "unofficial" list, at least look at the Major Issues.

July 21, 2009 4:21:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fantastic post, hopefully people will let the TB auto-attack threads die now (which isn't to say I wasn't guilty of bumping it myself).

July 21, 2009 10:24:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the "official" list.

Please take a look at the "unofficial" list, at least look at the Major Issues.

Just repost the actual bugs here and see if Kryo can add them. It's not productive to reroute this post, which is excellent, to a balance wish list, which is what a large portion of what those 'issues' are.

July 22, 2009 4:11:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The /noAI switch isn't working. At least for most people, apparently.

July 22, 2009 5:24:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a great thread and I hope people read it.  Thanks for taking the time to put this together, Kryo!

Also - that crash CMD for gathering info will be EXTREMELY handy and save me some time when submitting reports.  Thanks to whoever coded that.

July 22, 2009 7:20:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have one for the list (maybe). Last patch when you joined the queue for pantheon/skirmish it told you how many people were in queue.  Now it says that you are the only player in queue no matter what, up until the moment you are able to get matched successfully with other players.

July 22, 2009 7:31:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can we fix the one where priests randomly decide to run and attack towers when getting the gold flag on cataract?

there was a thread about it somewhere..

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/359422

July 22, 2009 7:38:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Obscenitor,
I have one for the list (maybe). Last patch when you joined the queue for pantheon/skirmish it told you how many people were in queue.  Now it says that you are the only player in queue no matter what, up until the moment you are able to get matched successfully with other players.
That's already in the list.

July 22, 2009 7:49:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky,

Quoting Obscenitor, reply 14I have one for the list (maybe). Last patch when you joined the queue for pantheon/skirmish it told you how many people were in queue.  Now it says that you are the only player in queue no matter what, up until the moment you are able to get matched successfully with other players.That's already in the list.
Whoops, I read through it a couple times and didn't see it :/

July 24, 2009 10:04:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Minions can be hidden inside the enemy citadel and attack it.

ah erebus minion strat, how boring!

July 25, 2009 2:33:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

-deleted-wrong page

August 1, 2009 2:29:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

there is a bug with the Exile map with the Crystal.  basicly the crystal;'s AoE extends into the adjasent lane where only small demigods liek TB and regulus can access it.  here is the link:

Exile: Crystal Placement Bug/Exploit (Documents with pics)

thou not game breaking its still a bug that i thought u should know about.

August 2, 2009 6:07:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just make a comment to "tag" this in "my replies".  Nice to know you guys are keeping track of the bugs.

August 3, 2009 10:12:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
August 3, 2009 10:21:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We are aware of the proxy issue. It should be addressed in the hotfix this week.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000516   Page Render Time: