The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Proxy Problem

By on August 1, 2009 9:10:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey everyone.

I don't know if you're doing maintenance or something, but the proxies are screwed right now (Aug. 1st 2pm GMT). They usually add around 100ms to people's pings. Currently they add about 700ms. No, it's not just me, everyone appears to be affected.

+4 Karma | 10 Replies
August 1, 2009 9:31:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
I noticed high ping with someone i was proxied to yesterday. Just the one time though.
August 1, 2009 4:45:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

signed. i see this all over the place for the last days.

August 3, 2009 1:58:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

have same problems ! when im connected to someone with proxy its about 700ms ! it really sucks

August 3, 2009 10:08:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Signed.

This bug just surfaced recently and is ridiculous. Anyone who's proxied will have about 700 ping to at least one person on my 5 man team. 5v5's are literally impossible right now. Even 3v3's are difficult to get going.

In its current state the game is all but unplayable. This bug needs to be fixed.

August 4, 2009 3:39:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

4 days later I've found out it's been going on for a full week, that the problem has been known and had a fix pending longer than that, and that there are no known workarounds.

... I wish the company I worked for tolerated a work ethic like that.

Still, let's try to be constructive. I'm almost certain that one of the beta patches, back before the proxies went up, let players try to use the host as proxy. If that's still possible, and if it's possible to prioritise that over using SDs proxies, does anyone know how?

At least for people capable of coordinating their games through skype, vent, teamspeak or whatever, that could be a tolerable temporary fix.

August 4, 2009 11:13:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I play with a guy regularly who connects fine to me but almost always proxies to others.  It's getting to the point of being unplayable with him as EVERYTIME someone enters a lobby, I'm just waiting to see him get proxied to someone... then to hear that he's got a ping of over 500 to so and so... and then being unable to play with people.  It's taking SUBSTANTIALLY longer to get games going because of this issue.  I decided to call it a night after a 20 minute search for a game without proxies.  I saw a post from Kryo indicating that the proxy issue would be resolved when the hotfix went live (due sometime this week), but this has been going on for a little too long IMO.  Going to be very disappointed if the problem persists after the hotfix.  So... hoping the QA is finished and the hotfix goes live tomorrow. 

August 5, 2009 5:07:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Signed.

That problem is really annoying. Hoping the fix would come soon.

August 5, 2009 1:27:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just spoke with Yarlen in chat

1:23 PM <pacov> any word on hotfix release (proxies)?
1:23 PM <Yarlen> I believe we're aiming for Thursday
1:24 PM <pacov> great... thx for the heads up

So, no guarantees, but that's what they are shooting for. 

August 5, 2009 2:45:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

day nr 3 im tryin to play a game bu cant find one withour havin proxy problems ! i give you 2 days or i ll stop playin this game ! its ridiculous

August 6, 2009 1:20:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Still sounds like today (thursday) is the day for the hotfix... *fingers crossed*

Update - Yarlen confirmed.  Hotfix is out today.   Looking forward to seeing the change log. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001297   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.