The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Wow they really want to keep there money

By on May 13, 2009 4:34:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

FallenHero

Join Date 04/2009

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Demigod. We apologize that you are not satisfied with your purchase.

Since your game was purchased at a retail location, it needs to be mailed to us for a refund. We need the entire retail box with all of its contents, your original sales receipt, and your name with address to process your return. We recommend making a copy of your sales receipt before mailing the original to us. Please mail everything to:

Stardock Corporation
ATTN: Returns Dept
15090 N Beck Rd
Plymouth, MI 48170-3770

Please write the following Return Merchandise Authorization code on your receipt:

The RMA code above is good for 15 days from the date of this email. We must receive your game within this time frame.

When we receive your game and find that everything is included and intact, we will issue a refund check for the purchase price of the game as shown on your receipt. Please allow up to 4 weeks after we receive your game for the check to reach you.

We recommend mailing the game via Parcel Post or Media Mail, whatever is the least expensive, as we cannot reimburse you for the shipping charges.

If you have any questions about this process, please let us know. Otherwise, reply to this message when you have mailed out the package so we can expect its arrival.

Regards,
Melissa
Stardock Sales Support

-----

never ever buying a game from you guys again

worst service ever

Why is the customer resposible if your the ones at fault

Locked Post 72 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
May 13, 2009 4:36:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Worst service ever for, you know, needing the box back? How'd you think it was going to work? You get money back but keep playing the game?

May 13, 2009 4:39:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stardock offering a direct refund for games not directly purchased from them is good customer service.  Asking you to pay return shipping costs isn't exactly unreasonable here.  With most games this isn't even an option.

As an alternative you could return the game to the place you purchased it from and see if they will offer you a refund.

May 13, 2009 4:39:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Uh, can you name one publisher that lets you take a game you bought at a store and send it back for a full refund? Any at all?

May 13, 2009 4:40:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Just send them your game, get your money, quit crying and get off these forums.

May 13, 2009 4:43:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

um.....i cant play the game so....? wtf

May 13, 2009 4:43:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Xan,
Uh, can you name one publisher that lets you take a game you bought at a store and send it back for a full refund? Any at all?

most of the games i buy work

na i would say all of them except this one

May 13, 2009 4:50:37 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You've already started about 5 or 6 threads saying the game won't play, sucks, etc. If you want your money back, send them your game, get your money back. End of story. No need to keep posting here.

May 13, 2009 4:56:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait. A game company is actually taking the game back and refunding you your money even though you bought it from a Retail location? I actually work in Retail, nine times out of ten, you're politely told to sod off and these guys are actually getting you your money back? What is the actual problem?

How is the Customer Service bad? The product isn't working as you hope and they're giving you a refund. They need proof you actually paid for the game. Since you no longer want it, you have to give back their product. So where exactly is the customer service terrible?

May 13, 2009 4:56:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sned me money for shipping and handling and find my recpit and then take away my freedom so i cant post here

yes i find it sad i must send back this game and its useless as a rock

and also wouldn't I be playing the game if it worked instead of posting on here

May 13, 2009 5:01:43 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Fallen89,
sned me money for shipping and handling and find my recpit and then take away my freedom so i cant post here

Well, look at this, not only does he fail at saying anything even remotely coherent but he's too broke to pay $3 to get $40 to $50 back. On top of that he's too stupid to keep his receipt for a game that he finds terrible right out of the box. Probably dropped it in the parking lot on his way to his bike cuz he was looking at QoT too long and got distracted.

May 13, 2009 5:03:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fallen89, you feel like a really spoiled brat, having everything served for you all the time. Wait until you get to start working! LOL

May 13, 2009 5:10:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The refund policy on retail copies has been clearly outlined to you in the email you received from Melissa.  If you are unwilling to take the steps above, then nothing else can be done and you have chosen to keep the game and not seek the refund.

May 13, 2009 5:10:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow fallen you really show your age (12) when you come here and make threads like this ...

Only a 12 yr old (in my book) would not know how buisness works. Why if you bought it at a retail store would they just send you money back without you sending the game back? You think they will just refund you the money and you keep the game to ... to either play it or either return to the retail store for more money?

Please go take a buisness class before you come waste my time by me clicking on your thread.

May 13, 2009 5:10:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting NeoVain,
Fallen89, you feel like a really spoiled brat, having everything served for you all the time. Wait until you get to start working! LOL

na I'm just broke man....just like most of America and I regrett investing my last bucks into this

lol you guys are great... not one forces you to reply or look at what i post

May 13, 2009 5:15:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zoomba,
The refund policy on retail copies has been clearly outlined to you in the email you received from Melissa.  If you are unwilling to take the steps above, then nothing else can be done and you have chosen to keep the game and not seek the refund.

I am more unable to take the steps...then not willing

May 13, 2009 5:17:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

waste my time by me clicking on your thread.

um....u clicked

I didnt bring you here

way to go demigod the game sucks so does the community

May 13, 2009 5:22:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You did bring me here by posting on these forums. I figured id help but i find out its some 12 yr old who doesn't know how a buisness works.

Lost your receipt and can't take it back to the store? Sounds like a 12 yr old mis-placing shit to me. I still got the receipt in some of my game boxes from 5 years ago. I put it in there when i bought it and left it there. U buy a game and less than a month later lose it and get pist when u can't take it back to ur retail store? Cry more kid learn buisness.

And yes YOU pay shipping if you want your money back. Take it as a lesson learned ... You prob play this game on a Pentium 2 and hence why you can't even run the thing

May 13, 2009 5:23:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol so your claiming your trying to help me by calling me 12 lol

um....gj

thats some big help ima remember this awesome help forever

lol your just flaming me I'm not going around calling people 12

or going to every post and saying this game sucks

no i keep to my own threads

so gtfo

May 13, 2009 5:27:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Makerz,
You did bring me here by posting on these forums. I figured id help but i find out its some 12 yr old who doesn't know how a buisness works.

Lost your receipt and can't take it back to the store? Sounds like a 12 yr old mis-placing shit to me. I still got the receipt in some of my game boxes from 5 years ago. I put it in there when i bought it and left it there. U buy a game and less than a month later lose it and get pist when u can't take it back to ur retail store? Cry more kid learn buisness.

And yes YOU pay shipping if you want your money back. Take it as a lesson learned ... You prob play this game on a Pentium 2 and hence why you can't even run the thing

so you are a stardock employee?

honestly from what your saying your the one acting 12

there been no help from u...just insults...its sad

May 13, 2009 5:30:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

95% of the time retail won't let you return a game (and without a receit, FORGET IT).  SD posts EVERY day; has already given more updates in less than a month than most game companies give in a games entire lifespan; lets you return their games for a refund (yes, you have to pay the shipping ).  And figures if you hate the game so much, and returned it, they should not have to keep you on THEIR forums.  I use to work in retail and the best thing to do with customers like you it to give them their refund; get them out the door; and if they cry "I'll never shop here again", say "We were hoping you would'nt". 

You think if you were able to get a refund at a retail store they let you sit in the store and cry/wine/complain about the game for anouther month or two?  No, they'd say "you got your refund, now get out".

If you can't even afforad $3, then how can you affoard your computer; monitor; or monthly ISP?  Or are you one of those people that is always complaining about the econemy/prices of things, but always seems to have plenty of beer/cigerettes. . .

May 13, 2009 5:31:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you have lost the receipt and/or are not willing to pay the ($2-$3) shipping cost, there is nothing more we can do for you.

May 13, 2009 5:32:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I honestly doubt your sincerity when you say you can't pay $3 to ship a box back that you paid $40 for a few weeks back. If money is so tight, you should probably re-evaluate your spending priorities because gaming is generaly an expensive hobby.

That, or you can stop making crap up just so you can whine on the forums and look like an idiot. Your choice

May 13, 2009 5:32:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm going to assume that you lost the receipt and the box based on your post. If that is true, then I'm sorry to say that you have no right to complain or blame Stardock, as this policy applies WHENEVER you buy something. Without the receipt how do they know that you actually paid for the game or bought it there? You could have stolen it or bought it from a different store.

If what I assumed is correct then you can only blame yourself. If it isn't then I stand corrected, although you still shouldn't have a problem.

May 13, 2009 5:36:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fallen89, there seems to be something wrong with your keyboard. Your words are missing letters, capitalization and your sentences are missing punctuation and many of them start or end with "lol".

May 13, 2009 5:40:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spooky,
There seems to be something wrong with your keyboard. Your words are missing letters, capitalization and your sentences are missing punctuation and many of them start or end with "lol".

*hands Spooky a yummy cookie*

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time: