The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] EREBUS

By on December 14, 2009 6:41:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

--MASTER THREAD CLICK HERE--

-----------------------------------------------------
# Erebus
-----------------------------------------------------

Version 1.21

Bite
- re-applied the armor debuff
- fixed tooltip

Bat Swarm III
- added description based on my buff to the ability
    - "Affect radius is increased." (by 2)
- reduced mana cost to 1125 from 1275.

version 1.2

Coven
- changed number of minions to 4/7/10

Bat Swarm III
- dmg increased to 650
- dmg radius increased to 6 from 3 (dont confuse this with range)

>> Its mana was just not worth the minor dmg increase. This last level
now has the potential to stop creep waves late game.

Bite
- removed the armor debuff from all levels

Coven
- the minion cap reduced to 5/7/9 (1 less minion per level)

Death Effect
- increased life steal to 20% from 10%
- increased effect radius to 20 from 10.

+32 Karma | 75 Replies
December 14, 2009 9:39:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

batswarm range and bites slowing affect could be reduced as well.

December 14, 2009 9:51:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I love that you're uppin the death effects.

I was working on some stuff too and really feel death effects should be a lot more noticable.

December 14, 2009 2:20:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd reduce the armor debuff, but remove... i don't know. 250/400/550/700 -> 150/300/450/600.

Poisoned blood I: make it +10 or +12 hps.
Army of the Night: 10% Inc Attack Speed and 10% Life Steal. (It's a level 15 spell)

December 14, 2009 4:09:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd also add a max duration on Mist, as well as increasing the cooldown. He can avoid WAYYYYY too much damage by misting every 10 seconds.

December 14, 2009 5:26:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd reduce the armor debuff, but remove... i don't know. 250/400/550/700 -> 150/300/450/600.

Dropping the Bite I mana cost to 150... compare to Heal: 600 hp for 375 mana. You can now get 2.5 Bite's off with the same amount of mana, which is 250 * 2.5 == 625 HP gained and 625 damage dealt which is stictly better than heal except for the fact you have to wait 3 cooldowns for it. I am aware that half-a-bite is no bite at all, so if you want to to get ignore that half, it is sitll 500 heal and 500 dealt.

December 14, 2009 11:20:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hedgie hes talking about the amour reduction not the mana cost. Edit: its a nurf not a buff

There are no major debuffs here (hes still pretty much as good as he was) but with no amour reduction squishy demigods have an easyer time retreating.

Still think the insentive to get bat swarm III should have been due to bat swarm II being nurfed (creating a difference between the two).

December 14, 2009 11:24:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Still think the insentive to get bat swarm III should have been due to bat swarm II being nurfed (creating a difference between the two).

Well with bite nerfed I disagree because you havve just deprived erebus of one of his "core" skills a must havve don't take away the other one cause w/o bite its not at op

December 14, 2009 11:51:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well with bite nerfed I disagree because you havve just deprived erebus of one of his "core" skills a must havve don't take away the other one cause w/o bite its not at op

All of erebus core skills are overpowered compared to other skills in general, you can nurf (in minor ways) quite a few of them and still leave him as one of the best if not the best demigods. I am not sugessing that level 1 swarm should be nurfed (though i do think it should be) just level 2 be brought down so it is between 1 and 3 (say 25 range).

December 15, 2009 12:08:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, bite did need a nerf, gj gkrit!

December 15, 2009 12:49:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well it was either removing the speed slow down of armor. I chose armor coz the slow down is bites complimentary effect.

and plus it made his skill so unique. thats y i chose that direction.

what im gonna ask for ppl to do now is put their suggestions after testing this mod down in dot points. this will make it easier for me and see where everyone is coming from in a much chorter time frame thanks. i will post this up in the master thread.

December 15, 2009 1:32:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The synergy of Bite's armor debuff with EB's minions should be kept, and a snare is crucial for a melee DG. If you want to nerf EB you should start with Mist and rank 1 Coven.

Changing Coven to 4/6/10 would make more sense to me, maybe 4/7/10 if you're not too worried about buffing the second rank. By the time you max the ability there's enough AoE to deal with them, it's the first rank that's problematic. What's really the point of removing 1 nightwalker from the upper ranks when  by that point they're going down nearly instantly outside of 1v1s anyway?

December 15, 2009 12:34:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree. 4/7/10 or 4/6/10.

December 15, 2009 5:34:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting HorseStrangler,
The synergy of Bite's armor debuff with EB's minions should be kept, and a snare is crucial for a melee DG.

December 15, 2009 7:56:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ill change this and put it in the v2 of the mod.

December 16, 2009 1:12:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree. 4/7/10

ive made a short list of changes to be in the next mod and this is apart of it.

December 16, 2009 1:47:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

>> Its mana was just not worth the minor dmg increase. This last level
now has the potential to stop creep waves late game.
Honestly I think it makes sense that this is one of his weaknesses if he doesn't spec into mist. He's the guy with the most annoying minion swarm and whom you need the most AoE damage to beat, I think he should suffer for it.

That being said, I do agree that it's a very underused ability, but that's at least partly because he's got so many other good ones.

December 16, 2009 9:49:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with Horse strangler and Esuzu.

Just lower bite's damage(and heal) get it back to pre-patch 0-> 650 damage max. Maybe lower bats range or better yet make up its CD, that way he can surprise gank people but when he does he can't just escape in an instant.

He's powerfull enough he doesnt need the best alpha strike in the game on top of the best minions an area stun(arguably the best late game) and a fucking warp. Oh and mist.

December 16, 2009 10:03:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

mist should cost more mana the longer it is active. some people only get mist1 and then can get out of every battle and stay that way like forever. that shouldnt be. make it double mana cost after 5 seconds and 4 times mana cost after 10 and so on...

December 16, 2009 8:09:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ive seen many ppl die when using mist. It allows the opposition to prepare themsleves for when you get out. Dont forget a reg can easily counter mist with planting mines on top of you. 

I dont see now why i should nerf mist if HorseStrangler and Esuzu are fully against me having nerfed Oaks shield 3. Is this a bit of favoritism i sense?

Mist can be a dangerous tool for the user if used incorrectly. Use it for too long and youll have trouble getting out of trouble. Dont forget guys, Erebus is a snaring tool, he cant dish out nice dps on his own like other demigods can.

It may be a 1 skill point investment skill line but it only serves as a solo survival tool. Invest in more points and ull suport your party while dishing out nice dmg to the opponent.

December 16, 2009 10:17:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The problem with mist is that you dont need any mana to activate it. So even if you have 50 mana, you can cleanse a spit and you only go into mist for 1s. I see this alot in LE vs UB matches. Mist should have a inital mana requirement, and maybe a minor reduction in mana per sec. The alternativ would be that removing all debuffs requires Mist III.

December 16, 2009 11:15:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like the utility of a debuff clear and dodging ability, I'd be sad to see the debuff removal go, especially given EB's current weakness to UB. As a combat tool I like mist and I think it's fine as-is. As a combat avoidance tool I think it's overboard, and if you think that mines counter it then you're not using it the way I'm talking about, and I likely have no issue with how you're using it.

December 17, 2009 5:25:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Decrease nightcrawler health by 200 as well?

Cause the main problem I have with nightcrawlers are their huge health packet

December 17, 2009 5:28:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erebus is a snaring tool? Cant deal damage on his own? HAHAHAH.

Ok while agree with shield III, this is bull. Nerf Erebus till his eyes bleed.

December 17, 2009 5:48:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,
ive seen many ppl die when using mist. It allows the opposition to prepare themsleves for when you get out. Dont forget a reg can easily counter mist with planting mines on top of you. 

I dont see now why i should nerf mist if HorseStrangler and Esuzu are fully against me having nerfed Oaks shield 3. Is this a bit of favoritism i sense?

The part of me wanting to nerf mist was an unsuccesful quote, edited it now so it looks correctly. The thing I wanted to quote from Obs was: "The synergy of Bite's armor debuff with EB's minions should be kept, and a snare is crucial for a melee DG." ... Sorry for that misshap. 

I don't think mist needs to be nerfed. Erebus needs it as it is today or he will be cannon fodder for example UB. Acctually I think you should refrain from nerfing as much as possible. And instead focus on buffing the weaker Demigods

I agree with the slight nerf to the minions though, they tend to be a bit too many.

December 17, 2009 9:09:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gkrit,

Mist can be a dangerous tool for the user if used incorrectly. Use it for too long and youll have trouble getting out of trouble. Dont forget guys, Erebus is a snaring tool, he cant dish out nice dps on his own like other demigods can.

It may be a 1 skill point investment skill line but it only serves as a solo survival tool. Invest in more points and ull suport your party while dishing out nice dmg to the opponent.

if you nerf one of the three best then you have to nerf all of them. btw. im completely against the oak shield nerf as well.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000125   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.