The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] EREBUS

By on December 14, 2009 6:41:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

--MASTER THREAD CLICK HERE--

-----------------------------------------------------
# Erebus
-----------------------------------------------------

Version 1.21

Bite
- re-applied the armor debuff
- fixed tooltip

Bat Swarm III
- added description based on my buff to the ability
    - "Affect radius is increased." (by 2)
- reduced mana cost to 1125 from 1275.

version 1.2

Coven
- changed number of minions to 4/7/10

Bat Swarm III
- dmg increased to 650
- dmg radius increased to 6 from 3 (dont confuse this with range)

>> Its mana was just not worth the minor dmg increase. This last level
now has the potential to stop creep waves late game.

Bite
- removed the armor debuff from all levels

Coven
- the minion cap reduced to 5/7/9 (1 less minion per level)

Death Effect
- increased life steal to 20% from 10%
- increased effect radius to 20 from 10.

+32 Karma | 75 Replies
December 28, 2009 8:22:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

let him chill there i say. You can do way more important things if ur not standing in one spot. like push forward into their base, its one less person to think about if theyre just chilling in mist for the whole game...

December 28, 2009 9:13:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Trust me. It blows the game when giants come into play.

December 29, 2009 7:27:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cataract is not the whole world. lets take exile. one misting erebus at the flag closest to the cit and no giant will ever even touch your towers!

December 29, 2009 12:22:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've acctually never seen a mist erebus that knew what he could do, does anybody acctually have a replay or something that shows how much mist can do? Because in theory I can't even imagine that it would be effective, perhaps only as a anti-noob tactic.

December 29, 2009 12:51:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It ruined a really fun 4v4 back forever ago.

I don't have the replay. It only happened once, and if I remember correctly, I wished aids on the guy.

December 29, 2009 6:39:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
It ruined a really fun 4v4 back forever ago.

I don't have the replay. It only happened once, and if I remember correctly, I wished aids on the guy.

How did he ruin it? By not helping your team or making it impossible for your team to win?

December 29, 2009 6:45:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Was against me. Lev, at the intersection of grunts. Stopped then dead in their tracks for 10 minutes or so at a time. It was retarded. 

December 29, 2009 7:09:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Teseer, you say about all sorts of builds that ruin this game for you. What builds DO you agree with? Wimpy speed builds...? What? I mean, I can't think of any build you've said (other than your TB build, I'm guessing) that you've considered fun to play with or against. That doesn't "ruin Demigod for [me]".

Anyway, for perma-mist on Levi you need Cloak of Night, Plenor, Plate Visor and I think Vlemish. And roughly level 5/6 or so. For that cheap 3850 gold you can essentially perma-mist because of the +15 mps flag and the fact that there is a "bug" that allows you to stay in mist with out coming out even if you don't meant the +175 mps requirement. You need roughly a third of that.

December 30, 2009 9:06:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Teseer,
Was against me. Lev, at the intersection of grunts. Stopped then dead in their tracks for 10 minutes or so at a time. It was retarded. 

Maybe it was. But the enemy is still only 3, you could gank them up pretty bad. Unless you are saying you can't win 4v3?

January 1, 2010 10:06:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

teseer, you also said you seen it "once". i dont think that justifies why this skill would need to be nerfed. Did you ever consider changing your tactic when he misted all game? there are so many ways to overcome a mist ereb indirectly, you just gottqa work on it...

January 1, 2010 10:14:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol. Relax yall. 

The only builds I've complained about are the Erebus mist (I'm not saying it's overpowered, just dull to fight) and minion heavy builds.

I'm sorry I don't share everyone here's opinion. I'll work on that, I swear!  

When it comes to tactics, it was over 6 or 7 months ago, I hardly remember what happened other then the gayness. As soon as it started I pretty much didn't wanna play the match anymore. 

But lmao, gangin up here.

January 2, 2010 3:06:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol, sry if you felt you were being ganged on but i assumed that you felt it was OP and was in need of change, which im strongly against. Mist is fine, and if u can mist for a whole game then good on you for wasting money on equips just for that purpose.

January 2, 2010 9:30:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't feel it's overpowered.

Just in my openion, I don't feel someone should be able to become immune to everything for however long they want whenever they want.

January 2, 2010 3:19:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Infinite invicibility is always a bad thing regardless of the disadvantages it had.

What if there was a demigod who could take damage, was completely immune to everything but was unable to actually kill anyone (maybe he only did 20 dps and couldn't drop your hp to below 1).

Would it be overpowered? Not really. I mean, basically he would be useless in most 3v3 dogpiles. But, he could run around annoying the hell of one guy (also, he'd always be able to hold any flag since you wouldn't push him off, even though his dps would never allow him to push you off a flag either.) and be a general dick.

However it would be a Negative Playing Expierence to play against him since it would be this boring retard who just follows you around the map pew-pewing you for 20 damage that couldn't possibly killl you but is CONSTANTLY ATTACKING  YOU OMG

That is an issue with infinite invincibility. The fact of the matter is that this demigod would be soooo underpowered it would be stupid since the only thing he could do would be push towers with impunity and cap'n'hold any flag that was left undefended (including portals). Literally. Olnly thing he could do the whole game. But it wouldn't be fun to play against him or have him on your team.

January 5, 2010 10:12:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

WHY ARE YOU REMOVING ARMOR ??

January 5, 2010 12:54:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

keep are the armor debuff for bite. otherwise it not worth taking it.

January 5, 2010 1:09:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The armor debuff is for 3 seconds? thats like 1 hit from Erebus izuz I know if its a big fight it might matter but...

January 5, 2010 10:51:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shiro_Sol,
The armor debuff is for 3 seconds? thats like 1 hit from Erebus izuz I know if its a big fight it might matter but...

Creeps attack twice a second and the minion swarm also attacks rather quickly.

January 6, 2010 5:55:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

3 seconds is a long period of time when you are focus firing someone ! The armor debuff is what makes bite a nasty ability.

January 6, 2010 6:29:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Esuzu,
Maybe it was. But the enemy is still only 3, you could gank them up pretty bad. Unless you are saying you can't win 4v3?
I think he's saying the EB went to the opposite side of the map and permantently congested both creep lanes. Losing 3v2 or 4v3 when the side missing a person has full creep waves helping out isn't all that uncommon.

In fact it happens quite often on Cataract. It's extremely difficult to retake a portal when you're pushing against their giants even though your crystal is extremely close.

January 6, 2010 7:43:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have successfully removed LE´s invincibility via mistform in my mod.  Gkrit, your welcome to include it in your mod as well, I am pretty sure I documented all the changes that need to be made.  If not, you can compare code to determine the exact changes needed to be made.

In my mod, the mana cost was slightly reduced, his evasion was raised to something like 40% to take into account he loses the ability to autoattack while in mistform, or use any other abilities for that matter.

So, when he mists, he is immune to debuffs as before, and they get removed.  He can evade 40% of regular attacks but does not seem to evade ability damage.  He is no longer invisible, so he can be attacked without see invisible items.  Although he might be slighty harder to target because I kept the mesh graphics intact. (He is in mist form after all)

It ends up being a nice support ability as it does damage, makes him harder to kill (but not invincible) and increases health regen of everyone around him, him included (Again to account for his disadvantages of not being able to autoattack or use other abilities while misted).

Now, if not used right, it can be a death sentence to him.  Because he is vulnerable and unable to move for around 3 seconds while he is in mist form and while he shifts back to normal form.  Makes it alot more challenging to use and nowhere near invincibility but hopefully is still a nice ability for atleast killing creep waves and supporting your own minion army.

Should probably not be used if being focused though.  Check it out.

January 6, 2010 11:19:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Blackthorn77,

I have successfully removed LE´s invincibility via mistform in my mod.  Gkrit, your welcome to include it in your mod as well, I am pretty sure I documented all the changes that need to be made.  If not, you can compare code to determine the exact changes needed to be made.

In my mod, the mana cost was slightly reduced, his evasion was raised to something like 40% to take into account he loses the ability to autoattack while in mistform, or use any other abilities for that matter.

So, when he mists, he is immune to debuffs as before, and they get removed.  He can evade 40% of regular attacks but does not seem to evade ability damage.  He is no longer invisible, so he can be attacked without see invisible items.  Although he might be slighty harder to target because I kept the mesh graphics intact. (He is in mist form after all)

It ends up being a nice support ability as it does damage, makes him harder to kill (but not invincible) and increases health regen of everyone around him, him included (Again to account for his disadvantages of not being able to autoattack or use other abilities while misted).

Now, if not used right, it can be a death sentence to him.  Because he is vulnerable and unable to move for around 3 seconds while he is in mist form and while he shifts back to normal form.  Makes it alot more challenging to use and nowhere near invincibility but hopefully is still a nice ability for atleast killing creep waves and supporting your own minion army.

Should probably not be used if being focused though.  Check it out.

though i really dont like the mist ability since it can be abused very badly i think this is too big of a nerf.

i think at least an initial mana cost would be great for that ability. then you could even make the first 5 seconds cost no mana at all. also i would like to see the ability begin to cost more mana after a certain time or at least have it capped at 20 or 30 seconds. or the cooldowns of every ability which was on cd when mist was entered could be frozen during the mist time.

January 6, 2010 3:21:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I might have overdone it with the nerf but it was the only way I could make it more reasonable with my meager .lua knowledge.  I tried adding in a time limit but the problem lies with the way the skill is designed, it requires user imput for it to cancel the effect.

It would require a bigger rework to give it a time limit (which is what I really wanted to do in the first place).  The best thing I could come up with was removing the invulnerability/invisibility to prevent mist from being abused.

The other option I also tried to use before removing the invul/invis tags was the mana cost on starting the ability but the code doesn´t seem to recognize the mana cost for the start up ability in the first place. 

To compensate for removing the invulnerability/invisibility, I lowered the mana cost to 75 per sec for the initial rank and allowed LE to regen hp while misted plus the added regen he gives to allies is also given to him.  Then I added evasion of 40% on rank 1 and 5% each additional rank to help him withstand attacks while misted.  Since he cannot autoattack while misted, it was one way that goes with the character of the mist ability that I tried to even it out with the disadvantages. 

I may have underdone the compensation, but it was the only way I could rebalance it with my knowledge of .lua.  If someone could force a time limit on the skill I would be ecstatic.

January 6, 2010 5:28:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i think at least an initial mana cost would be great for that ability. then you could even make the first 5 seconds cost no mana at all. also i would like to see the ability begin to cost more mana after a certain time or at least have it capped at 20 or 30 seconds. or the cooldowns of every ability which was on cd when mist was entered could be frozen during the mist time.

all good ideas.

January 11, 2010 7:27:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

looks like i might have to do a few minor tweaks again on bite. I think mist might stay as it is. It can get a bit complicated with the code if we gonna put all these restrictions limitationsn to it etc.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.