Why does this thread exist? Frogboy suggested we create a monthly question post and agreed to write a dev journal answering the questions as well as possible.
Who is Frogboy? Frogboy is the user name of Brad Wardell, the CEO of Stardock. If anyone can get or provide an answer on anything Demigod related, Frogboy is that guy.
What should you post in this thread? Specific, constructive questions that haven't already been previously answered.
I will be making updates to this list as new questions are added. Even though we will initially have quite a few questions, the goal will be to get the list down to 10-15 questions.
Here are the new questions:
Are any of our balancing suggestions used and is there some way when we communicate ideas that we could get some feedback as to whether or not these will be implemented? For instance, here is a topic on changing flag locks to a 2 second lock, 45 seconds duration and a 60 second cool down http://forums.demigodthegame.com/367180/page/2. I believe this only involves a small change to the lua.
Why is experience given in pantheon to players that fight against AI only? In custom games, people do not receive experience for playing human v ai. Why is pantheon different? Is there any chance we could see a change as some people are using this to inflate their ladder ranking?
What is your top priority at this current moment? Clan Support? Modding? New Demigods? New Maps?
Does this game have any compression technology used in it? what is it, and can we improve it through modding of some sort?
- When is the patch with the 2 new demigods being released (ETA)?
Are there any current plans/will it be possible to bind mouse 4, 5, 6 etc. buttons to fucntions like all minions, special minions, hero, ping etc?
Would it be possible to bind my minions to groups, eg minion summoned by key 5, 6, and my special minions (ghosts, yetis, etc) could be grouped together, whilst my monks would have a seperate key to control, thus making offensive and support, or mele and range micro easier to control.
Does GPG consider everything perfectly balanced at this point regarding demigods stats/abilities, etc? Can we expect to see any balance changes anytime soon?
Does GPG have plans to add more skills to each Demigod or to buff skills that have low value? For example, Regulus's level 15 skill of deadeye is pretty useless in its current form (3% chance to stun enemies for .3 seconds)
You've mentioned on several occasions that Demigod wasn't designed to be a hardcore competetive game. Why was this decision made? And how have the design ramifactions of this decision made Demigod a better product?
Are any balancing changes going to be made with favor items?
Are you currently looking at adding voice chat to demigod? If not, is this something you'd be willing to do?
Fire Torchbearer's auto attack doesn't fire on the move. It has been previously said that a new attack animation would be needed for him to attack while moving. Is this still the "plan" or has it been dumped? When would this be put into Demigod?
Are you personally, as a player of DG, happy with the current state of Demigod? What needs changed?
Would you start putting some time into playing pantheon games in Demigod so that it might be more clear why many of us are frustrated with the way the system works?
What do you think of integrating the community for QA for future patches (just like with the overlays)? Is it conceptually possible?
Is anything currently in the works for team matches and automatches?
Can we get any more info regarding what bugs are being fixed or have been fixed for the next release?
Why was the decision made to replace the desync popup for an invalid gamestate message that has the game auto-exit. What is the purpose of the invalid gamestate error?
A few players can't join the Ready2Play beta anymore, is does not show up in Impulse. Is that intentional?
If you create a new account but never play online do you still sit there with 1,000 experience? A problem with the ladder seems to be that theres a vast number of people around the 1000xp mark who are inactive - often with only 1 or 2 games played. This seems to create a massive rift between people above 1000xp (who seem to be ranked top1000 or so) and people who fall below 1000xp, who are dropped down to rank 35,000 or so. Is there any chance that inactive accounts, or perhaps people with less than x games played, could be left out of the ranking? It would make it much easier to tell just how much better/worse someone is than you, rather than having to deal with this 35,000-large blob of dark matter.
can we expect QoT to be changed at all?
Here are the unanswered questions from last time around.
- If the only new maps we can expect are from the modding tools, will we be able to upload maps for other people to play somehow?
- Instant cast items are an issue at the moment because they 'stop' your previous action. Is there going to be a fix for this?
- Apart from the features that have already been confirmed to be 'on their way' are there any additional features that can be confirmed as in the works, or at the very least being talked about? Hints threw clever word use is an acceptable answer.
- With the Team Features on the horizon, are there any plans at either GPG or SD to push the advertising or promotion of Demigod further?
- Stardock/GPG, will you be giving the existing demigods new funny replies? At the moment only TB and Erebus made me seriously chuckle. And of course oak with : This armor itches (LOL!!!)
- Is SD/GPG willing to "officalize" and distribute community made maps, mods, items, demigods, and the like if they gain popularity?
- Say a mod that removed the catigorization gains more popularity than the vanilla game, would SD/GPG reconsider the catigorization then?
- when will first official tournaments start, and how are they designed?
- are there still any plans the make the game "server-client"... to make DG more playable for guys with small upload and less infected with lag problems ?
- Why is AI added to pantheon and skirmish in the beginning of a game if Demigod is supposed to be a competitive game?
- Is there any chance of being able to disable the camera angle resetting on death or being able to remap the camera function keys in the future?
- Is the rollover data error on flags under fog of war bug being looked at?
- Also is it just me or when playing a general do the select all minions, demigod and demigod and minions buttons not always respond on the first click?
- Is it possible to have a dynamic minion spawn rate that lowers the rate at which minions spawn from portals when the game is lagging?
- Are Sedna's minions going to get tweaked---> lowers mana cost and increasing their hp?
- Will Rook's Structural transfer get a look over because currently it is almost useless?
- Regulus's level 15 skills seem to be lacking. Any chance of updating these skills?
- Are random teams going to be supported?
- Would they (GPG or SD) be able to edit existing maps that are rarely played, such as Brothers and Mandala, into smaller, 3v3 Cataract sized versions?
- Are there ever going to be passive agressive enemies in new maps?
- Is SD / GPG aware of the shambler attack bug and its fix? http://forums.demigodthegame.com/358902
- Can we get the evasion cap (30%) removed or increased so we can try evasion builds such as HorseRadishes Can't touch Erebus build in the Strategy section?
- Is there a chance that the General/Assassin categorization will be removed as more hybrid demigods are introduced?
- Is it possible to update the language file for german users via impulse with the one located here? http://nokthra.impulsedriven.net/article/347922/A_new_german_translation_for_Demigod_hits_the_ground