The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Warlock – Master of the Arcane (New Fantasy 4X Game in World of Majesty)

By on August 30, 2011 4:42:26 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Some new information is coming out on a future Fantasy TBS 4X game called Warlock – Master of the Arcane. The game is set in the same world as the Majesty series. There isn't lots of information out, but we do have some WIP screens and concept art. The weird thing to me is that they are saying Q2 2012, but there doesn't even seem to be a site for the game yet, just a tiny forum at Paradox.

Anyways, I really like the Majesty games, although they have never lived up to their billing of 'Fantasy Kingdom Simulator' and are really more 'Hero  Influencing Simulators.' I really wish that those games would expand the 'Kingdom Simulator' bit to provide a wider range and depth of gameplay. The idea of a 'Fantasy Kingdom Simulator' has always been one of the things I have wanted Elemental to be.

1C has a strong list of games including Majesty, King's Bounty, Men of War, and others. Not sure about the exact studio doing this game.

I'll be interested to see how this develops. The more the merrier, I say!

The below link is for one of several small articles out there, and includes a gallery of screen shots.

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/new-turn-based-strategy-game-announced-warlock-master-of-the-arcane.htm

+5 Karma | 148 Replies
December 18, 2011 10:04:27 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Magog_AoW,
I'm in the closed beta for Warlock:MotA. Starts tomorrow.

This will be interesting.

I was thinking of joining that but Paradox asks way to many questions of beta testers, it scared me off. I am also in exams right now and want to focus on FE when it comes out.

From what I have seen W:MotA looks good, but it almost seems like a fantasy mod for CivV. With its hexes, single unit per hex and tile improvements. Hard to say without playing it though.

December 18, 2011 10:33:05 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

If you're allowed, please do share what you think of it Magog, I'm quite curious.

December 18, 2011 11:39:57 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Bah i applied but not ever an answer from them, that sux

December 18, 2011 12:10:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I've had enough bad game experiences with Paradox betas that I am just going to wait for release and see what happens.

December 18, 2011 3:59:08 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Magog_AoW,
I'm in the closed beta for Warlock:MotA. Starts tomorrow.

This will be interesting.

Any chance we could talk you into giving us your impressions?

December 23, 2011 7:27:30 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

This game should still be on your upcoming-games-to-keep-an-eye-on list.

January 8, 2012 12:26:55 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Magog_AoW,
This game should still be on your upcoming-games-to-keep-an-eye-on list.

Something more please Is it a decent 4X turn-based fantasy strategy game? A real competitor for Fallen Enchantress? Or just a standalone Civ V mod? It definitely looks like one!

January 8, 2012 1:17:31 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I am watching this. If its decent or better I will buy to support the 4x movement

January 8, 2012 2:42:17 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I was supposed to be working on a preview of this. Sadly, it hates my video card. But you should see articles popping up everywhere, there's a beta going on and Paradox distributed preview builds two weeks ago.

January 8, 2012 9:10:49 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting unacomn,
I was supposed to be working on a preview of this. Sadly, it hates my video card. But you should see articles popping up everywhere, there's a beta going on and Paradox distributed preview builds two weeks ago.

I will read the articles, but I'd like to hear an opinion of Age of Wonders and Elemental fans/supporters.

January 8, 2012 7:25:49 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Competitor for Fallen Enchantress?  I'll happily buy both, if both are worth it!

January 8, 2012 9:48:07 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

The more games in the TBS genre the better off we all are.

January 9, 2012 2:39:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yes. Looking forward to both games. I'm also interested in hearing impressions from Age of Wonders players as I still consider this the best turn based fantasy game and would dearly love FE and/or Warlock to knock it from its lofty pedestal.

January 9, 2012 3:10:20 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting Frogboy,
The more games in the TBS genre the better off we all are.
Provided they are decent and the players are treated fairly. I don't think the release of SotS 2 was very beneficial to the genre, for instance.

January 10, 2012 11:50:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

WOW,

share some info.

I love the graphics, from what I could see. They look nicer then the first things we saw from FE.

January 10, 2012 12:13:19 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm really looking forward to this game.  It looks pretty neat to me.  Too bad I am not allowed to buy another game for the whole year.  I live under the dictaorship of a 5'4" 125 pound tyrant, who says that my back to back $150 CE game purchases show that I am irresponsible and not dedicated to saving for our wedding 

But, I still have tons to do in Skyrim and SWTOR, and I have E:FE coming for free.  But Crusader kings, Mass Effect 3, and this game would have been nice...

January 10, 2012 12:42:07 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting athelasloraiel,
WOW,

share some info.

I love the graphics, from what I could see. They look nicer then the first things we saw from FE.

I like FE graphic style very much. Except faces. Some of them are almost unbearable to look at (the worst one so far: click). Please fix this!

January 10, 2012 12:46:00 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Not sure which face you linked, as I can't see from work, but the ones with the blackeye where the worst for me.  

January 10, 2012 12:47:57 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Quoting athelasloraiel,
s,

The graphics look like a mod to Civ V.

January 10, 2012 1:11:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Lord Xia,
Not sure which face you linked, as I can't see from work, but the ones with the blackeye where the worst for me.  

Red face. Weird lips. Freakish yellow eyes. 

January 24, 2012 7:04:20 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm usually a Paradox groupie but find some of their fans to be delusional. I am interested in Warlock like others and have been lurking over at Paradox and came across this thread:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?580579-Warlock-against-Fallen-enchantress

I love this quote:

It's too late for Elemental. Stardock might regain a small amount of reputation, but they won't have a chance against Warlock, which has been semi-established through the Majesty games.

This by a Hearts of Iron 2 modder mind you from the publisher of SOTS2.

January 24, 2012 7:07:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hmm. That's a little depressing to read. I wonder how wide spread that view. And yes, I get the irony given HOI2's difficulties.

January 24, 2012 7:24:15 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Don't listen to them. This game will speak for itself. It is already infinitely more enjoyable than it's predecessor and I believe it will really make an impact.

January 24, 2012 11:32:34 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

From Warlock's forums: 

And quite honestly after putting a significant amount of time into the FE beta, the only things that have changed since WoM are very shallow cosmetic fixes and additions.

This is so obviously not true. Why those fanboys are doing this? ;( It would be terrific if BOTH GAMES were great. Like you said Frogboy "The more games in the TBS genre the better off we all are."

January 24, 2012 11:52:29 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'll definitely be getting Warlock as well as playing FE. Looking forward to both. To be honest, Warlock will need to be pretty damned special to compete with Fallen Enchantress. Totally agree that the more games in this genre the better for everyone.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000516   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.