The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3

By on December 23, 2009 7:54:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Favormod offers over 60 new items (including 15 new summon-ables - Towers and Units), both achievement and standard shop items. All achievement( favor) items are each only 1 point to make it accessible to all. And all new units have been re-skinned. Several set items with unique effects have also been added. All items have their own unique icon and several new casting, buff and spell effects have been added.

Favormod also offers a wide range of abilities that are not available in vanilla Demigod. For more information pls watch the video at the bottom of this Post. 

For instructions on how to install mods see here:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369780

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3 - Yet More Bugfixes

http://www.mediafire.com/?zab21obvwkdj2ct

NOTE: it it highly RECOMMENDED that you use FAVORMOD with both Uberfix AND Enhanced AI -- these are all packaged in the auto installer below.

Or you can install Pacovs Community Mod Pack (includes this version of favormod) here - Self Installer:

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOAD - UPDATED daily, pls make sure version numbers match though.

http://www.box.net/shared/qf7lhj1zjl

Note:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: This video does not accurately reflect the current version of favormod, it is missing most of the skins, new effects and spells as well as about 15 items.

WATCH in 720p

FavorMod 2.0D Video:

+47 Karma | 634 Replies
December 2, 2010 4:03:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UPDATEY! Revison 2.0D

December 2, 2010 5:55:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok for now i am going to follow the pattern used by skirmish ai and do regular small updates. This will assist in balancing

exx

NB: What do you think about renaming the mod [Item Expansion Pack]? 

New Changelog

FIXED: Replicator movement speed has been increased to 6.5. Before any demigod that was moving faster than 6 would be slowed to the speed of their minions if they performed an ALLUNITS movement order.

Balance Issues:

Currently overhauling nightmare and Megaent Code

Ok Nightmare Will now only attack structures with its Aura ability (this includes All flags). However, all units caught in the blast wave will take damage. Ability now works off these stats:

AbilityBlueprint {        

Name = 'RainFire',  

AbilityType = 'Aura',

TargetAlliance = 'Any',    

AffectRadius = 16,    

TargetCategory = 'STRUCTURE',  

AuraPulseTime = 20,   

RangeMax = 15, 

Cooldown = 14,  

AffectRadiusI = 10,    

NumFireBalls = 9,  

NumWaves = 2,    

DamageAmt = hero:GetLevel() * 2 + 17

Note that this will only damage enemy units

(note that this starts at about 300 damage  and levels out to be about 1200 damage across 4 waves at level 20 (2 per nightmare every 10 seconds); However, as this ability can ONLY target structures (including flags) and not directly attack enemy heroes, i dont not see this as too OP) -Also this item is VERY weak on prison and other maps where creeps do not pass directly under the flag .

Mega Ent

AbilityType = 'Aura',

AuraPulseTime = 10,      

AffectRadiusI = 12,  

DamageAmt = hero:GetLevel() * 12 + 17

FIXED : Also working on unversal health/damage scaling for all minion units.  Done

Units will now start off with between 550 and 750 health. Units will do base damage of between 15 --> 40

Depending on the unit they will gain the following buff: ( all but angels/hellfire/seige commandos/replicators have the first buff)

Health Scaling = 95 *  herolvl

Damage Scaling  = 3 *  herolvl

or

Health Scaling = 75 *  herolvl

Damage Scaling  = 2 *  herolvl

Fixed Armadillo attack rate increased by 15% and tower freeze effect rate increased by 2% up to 14%

Rebalance Exp minotaur to 2 per summon due to new changes with health/damage scale. Increased attack speed 2x (0.3--->0.6)

December 2, 2010 1:29:18 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Good stuff... I'm still a few days away from being able to do any testing on this, but should be able to soon.  really hoping to get some folks to play test this and call out balance concerns, etc, first. 

December 2, 2010 11:44:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Good stuff... I'm still a few days away from being able to do any testing on this, but should be able to soon.  really hoping to get some folks to play test this and call out balance concerns, etc, first. "

Cheers Pacov, appreciate at any help i can get

I am working on balancing atm, and only have vortex left to go.

New units are probably slightly underpowered, but their scaling will ensure they remain useful lategame and will be situational (ie cats will be good if team is using towers, while bloodlust yetis seem to prove useful against teams with lots of stun (my test was vs tb, LE and rook). Replicators offer a new and prbly the most viable choice out of this wave of favor items

I have also made the following changes:

FIXES:

Mega ent will now fire of ground spikes if it detects an enemy structure in range (includes enemy flags to ensure that the ability goes off as much as possible). 

Ring of Despair tooltip has been fixed - will now show the tooltip correctly

Silence archers have had a damage reduction to account for the fact that there is 4 of them.

Unit buff (ie the buff that alters health/damage for level scaling) has had a icon fix (now displays an icon of the health crystal) to make it more visually distinguishable.

Assassins Embodiment has had a 5% increase in Dodge % to better reflect its price (5 --> 10%)

Extensive testing (balance and bugfixing) with new sets. All seem to offer viable low health builds that are susceptible to spike damage but do well against high health demigods if played using skirmish tactics (ie hit and run). I am not sure how these will hold up under multiple ppl conditions so if possible can you pls check these first. (free forum karma to everyone for testing lol)

Final Fix: Made the achievement shop work better, however i can still not get the assassins favor tab to light up when selected.

UPDATE 2.0E will be released shortly

December 3, 2010 1:11:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UPDATE

December 3, 2010 4:50:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

after I download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?26g187ekdrsgwgs

how do I install it????????????

December 3, 2010 5:33:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

unrar (i think all zip programs should be able to do this if not get winrar its only 3mb and a very nice application) in mods folder as per usual. Dont have software installed to do autoinstaller atm

December 3, 2010 7:33:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think cow just has problems installing the mods.  I installed using your rar file just fine (and did a quick 30 sec test), so your compile looks good.  This mod worked fine with uberfix/ai skirmish as well. 

December 3, 2010 9:28:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

got a game in - some feedback - going to start combining mod tests... used uberfix, skirm ai .26j, and favormod 2.0E.

I tested armadillos.  First impressions... a little on the large size, but I don't think that's really a problem (might be best to check and see if they interefere with any dg or creep pathing at that size... nothing really stood out to me there.

As far as balance - at 1 pointed, after about 50 hits and not a single tower freeze, I was thinking maybe there was a problem.  But then, I have about 10 continuous freeze effects.  Balanced seemed pretty reasonable to me.  Not super powerful and pretty weak early game, but could prove useful and its a good addition to the mod. 

December 3, 2010 9:33:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

did a quick 2nd test, but don't really base too much on this - tried out nightmares... at first, they didn't seem too powerful (certainly look it though with your crazy rain of ice)... but the 7% evasion aura... I think that might be a problem - will have to play it a bit more, but that means I can send one of these guys to my allies on the other side and they get an evasion buff... just thinking about evasions builds... this could be nothing, but combined with any favor items you dreamt up that give an evasion bonus, could be rough.  Wouldn't change this until we try it out in a real game, though.

December 4, 2010 4:40:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
  • Claymore mines do not work properly. They do absolutely no damage and never impart the stated attack speed buff.
  • upon use the graphic for combat blink pot turns black
  • combat stun pot needs to have a cost increase, I would say 700 gold
  • also combat stun pot seems to only work when facing enemies and I also got stuck in a spot unable to move until I used another consumable
  • I do not agree with assassins being able to us general favor items and vica versa
  • slow ward should not slow the user and friendly units in the area other wise there is no point in taking the ward. I would also suggest a slow decrease of 25% instead of 50% now that it only affects enemy units.

I have had a great time so far playing the mod! thanks for putting in the time!

December 4, 2010 5:14:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

slow ward should not slow the user and friendly units in the area other wise there is no point in taking the ward. I would also suggest a slow decrease of 25% instead of 50% now that it only affects enemy units.

I disagree on this one.  Unless he's changed it, the team that casts the ward receives a heal bonus as well.  Consider what happens if everyone on one team gets this favor item and casts them in a timed manner if the slow effect is not universal... it results in almost certainly 1 kill, if not killing the majority of a team.  I think the all slowed factor is best and I have used this item in the past for escapes and kills.  If I'm 2 steps ahead and drop this, even if I am slowed as well for a couple of seconds, the enemy is slowed for 4 seconds if they want to pursue me and likely won't catch me.

December 4, 2010 5:14:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

idk about 700 for the interrupt pot.. but 300 seemed very cheap.  Maybe 500 like a sigil so it feels like it costs more.

The interrupt pot also requires you to be facing the target.

The text for claymore mines also doesn't make sense.  lvl 7: 6 mines created, lvl 10: 3 mines are created.

The crystal idols that shield seem very weak even with the scaling.  

Despair set totally not worth it.  Significant auto attack time barely drained mana from enemy at all.. plus it requires 3 slots to gain relatively nothing in return (ya you get reduced cd's.. but with no mana or hp on any of the 3 items other than 350 total mana, you need hp still, and then you don't have mana for ability usage.  So you just run out of mana really quick anyway).

December 4, 2010 5:16:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maybe 500 like a sigil so it feels like it costs more.

hmm... I'm wondering how this played out why you folks think 300 is cheap.  I'm guessing this must be an instant cast interrupt.  If so, then I tend to agree with 500.  700 sounds a bit much... what would you rather have, a sigil or an extra interrupt... 

December 4, 2010 5:24:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_pacov,

slow ward should not slow the user and friendly units in the area other wise there is no point in taking the ward. I would also suggest a slow decrease of 25% instead of 50% now that it only affects enemy units.

I disagree on this one.  Unless he's changed it, the team that casts the ward receives a heal bonus as well.  Consider what happens if everyone on one team gets this favor item and casts them in a timed manner if the slow effect is not universal... it results is almost certainly at least 1 kill, if not killing the majority of a team.  I think the all slowed factor is best and I have used this item in the past for escapes and kills.  If I'm 2 steps ahead and drop this, even if I am slowed as well for a couple of seconds, the enemy is slowed for 4 seconds if they want to pursue me and likely won't catch me.

Well, if it's like other buffs in the game, neither the heal effect or the slow effect would stack (only ones that I know of that stack are beast abilities)

Also, I think a 30% slow only for enemies would still keep the spirit of the favor (although potentially op with ganks)

December 4, 2010 5:33:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, if it's like other buffs in the game, neither the heal effect or the slow effect would stack (only ones that I know of that stack are beast abilities)

Consider your entire team slowed back to back though while the other team moves at full speed (I'm not talking about mega slow, I'm talking about consecutive slows).  I don't remember how long the effect is, but I'm thinking it was like 5 seconds.  So, if 3 dgs got that, then that's 15 seconds of slow... and just a matter of conserving interrupts to keep the other team from porting out.  Anyway, I just think it creates a situation where this team went this item, now we ALL have to go this item or else.  Any dg mid game would need what... an orb, a sigil, and a big health pot to live through that... and even that, thats only possible if interrupts wouldn't be timed well. 

December 4, 2010 6:22:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thanks for the comments guys i REALLY appreciate it. +1 for all!.

Planned fixes:

Claymore bugs has been identifed - will fix soon ( i think i got halfway with this in V1.8 and forgot about it lol). Also plan to do a code cleanup of this item so it works more efficently.

Remove Evasion Buff from nightmare

Stun potion not working properly - Requires Facing --> increase cost to 450, casting time increased to 1.25 seconds.

No cooldown icon for potion of blink (when you have more than 1)

The crystal idols that shield seem very weak even with the scaling --> will add a scale to user level and then change the TB fire aura buff to this unit to be a multiplier. This should make it more effective.

A note about how slow ward works: (let me know if you still think that it needs changing)

Slow ward passively prevents your movement speed from ever reaching below -20%

When activated slow ward will slow everyone by 50%. However, the maximum a unit can be slowed (IIRC) is 40%. Therefore the addition of this debuff onto a unit will effectively negate boots of speed (if he has them) and ensure that the unit speed is reduced to the threshold.

this gives you a 20% speed advantage while in the ward.

This items original concept was to have a team of demigods with ward and Sam-eels Cloak which could gank the other team while in slow ward (but forcing them to give up BOTF for this advantage).

It is also effective at keep enemy demigods contained within tower farms.

do not agree with assassins being able to us general favor items and vica versa.

This was done because it has been requested several times over. But i am happy to revert the change if you guys dont like it. Personally with 3 more pages of favor items to pick from i cant see the harm in removing the General/Assassin distinction between the demigods when selecting items.

Despair Set:

Can i get more information on your test with these? 

Just a bit of info on how i use them:

Demigod: TB/QOT/ Reg (snipe mines)

Favor item: Wraith Gloves (mana source)

Initial Purchase: band + helm

Strategy: Form switch as much as possible with TB stay in closed with QOT

Take more health (nimoth) then add set items getting warlords punisher last.

--> skirmish alot dont commit, your job is to make them goto the crystal/ use consumables not to get kills. LE, rook and sedna are prime targets 

Exx

December 5, 2010 12:03:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

looks like there have been a few 3v3 favor mod games tonight.  Hopefully some feedback will be incoming. 

December 5, 2010 2:17:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Weirdness/ bugs/ oddities/ Balance etc....

• On use wand of wastes sometimes causes user to become stuck and unable to move making this item unusable
  • Two way mirror appears to be slightly over-powered as there is no real drawback to use. A player isn't punished for swarming into a group of 2-3 people because he will be swarmed back out regaurdless if he is stunned or interrupted. I suggest a increase in cooldown to purhaps 45 seconds (this might be enough to balance it alone). Without touching the cooldown  I think that one of the following things should be done; if interrupted during the time that inbetween swarms that the effect ends and does not get the return. If that defeats the idea of the "two way" effect I suggest a slow on the user upon the return swam perhaps a 30%-50% movement speed reduction. If that is not diserable I suggest a reduction in range of the forward swarm.
  • The larger creep units like Armadillos look rediculous at the size that they are currently at and they appear to not do enough damage. Zen_God however enjoyed the enormous size of the Armadillo and hopes it doesn't get changed. A larger scaling of damage or a higher initial attack need to be implimented. The armadillos imo should do more damage then cats at warrank 8.
  • Merlins magic missile increase Auto attack range, is this intended? It also looks very weird on melee characters attacking something thats several feet away. On a side note AA reg with this and 3 points in scope is fucking awesome.
  • Experience Minotaur seems to not work when minotaurs are split, the buff disappeared on occasion from the UI I would also like to see an increase in dps on this unit.
  • A cooldown reduction on the Hellfire is diserable as it is very hard to get out all 6 at the same time without losing one or more.

One a side note it been very hard trying to explain to people how to download and install this mod because of the RAR file nature. If you could make a tutorial or change the file extension to an .exe and have a self installer that would be benefitial to the computer unsavy.

December 6, 2010 5:51:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Some very nice notes there guys thanks for taking the time to give some feedback (note all the damage/health of minions was changed last patch so all notes on this is very welcome!)

Some more fixes:

Wand of wastes will be investigated for bug. (no idea what is going on there lol).

Edit: I cannot replicate this, could i get more details .

Two way mirror will have cooldown increased as suggested. If in the next build you guys want it further changed just say so.

Armadillo's --> i like the size they are now, how about a 10% decrease and we will see what you think . Also damage is very low to prevent overuse (you must remember that you can have these from the start of the game (favoritem). With a demolishers/Oak minion build, i was able to push all the towers on cataract but the ones around the citadel by WS 5 against ai. I will however add another buff (scaling) that increases damage done to 'STRUCTURE' so they are more effective lategame.

Merlins Magic missile was always intended to increases all AA range (yere i know it looks silly lol). If you like i can make it assign bonus range to 'RANGED' demigods?

Experience Minotaur will recieve a damage buff. 

Note: All units that are in favormod have had 'Aura Pulse Timer reduced from '1' to between '5-10' to reduce cpu load at peak times (ie when it tries to buff a million grunts/minions/demigods all at once. The buff disappearing would probably be caused by you moving outside the range of the unit when it goes to rebuff. I will double the time on XP minotaur buff and other similar buff types to account for this change (ie if you miss the first one you will maintain your buff until you can get a replacement one the next time the aura 'procs' (this will be for friendly units only, enemies will maintain the current length of all debuffs for balance reasons OR i can change it back to how it was before (up to you guys and how you comps handle the mod .

Hellfire cooldown will be reduced.

Prevous versions of the mod had an auto installer. However due to a computer virus i had to format and no longer have the software. I will have a dig around and see if i can find it --> i will try to release all new versions in .exe format.

Edit: 

(^^ at above: BTW i just wanna say that my comp is safe now, i have 2 different antivirus active and a number of spyware/malware autoblock tools.

Virus got onto my computer off a usb my gf plugged in which she had used an uni.... when she ran a corrupt .exe file

anyway caught it straight away and it was before i came back so nothing to worry about. )

However, you will still have to manually delete the old version of the mod before you can install the new one (i dont want to be responsible for an autouninstaller going wrong lol.

Cheers again for all the help!

NB: I have 39 downloads of the new version in about 72 hours! For such a small community i am going to call that a win lol.

!!!!!!TY to everyone out there who has downloaded and tried it out!!!!!!!

Exx.

December 6, 2010 10:09:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Exxcentric,

Some more fixes:

Wand of wastes will be investigated for bug. (no idea what is going on there lol).

Edit: I cannot replicate this, could i get more details .

if this happens in another game ill try to get a replay up on gamereplays and link it here. It is a shame because this item is bad ass when used with a fire tb, oculus etc...

December 6, 2010 2:27:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok all reported issues have been resolved:

Some notable changes

Merlins magic missiles have been changed so it will no longer affect melee demigods

Remove Evasion Buff from nightmare

Hellfire cooldown reduced to 25

removed a couple of potential problems with wand of wastes. (i think i know what was causing the problem - it had a timer of 0.8 second window (for the lightning animation to occur; 0.1 second per chain, max 8 chains; for you to do damage in, during this time it would freeze the demigod if any of the 8 units the item had targeted at the activation of the chain died. So i have reduced the timer to about 0.1 sec total and reduced the number of chained units from 8-->5

I think that i have resolved the stun potion problem, and rebalancing has occured as stated above.

Base damage of Armadillos increasedBase Health decreased by 100

Increased armadillo capablity to move through units

No cooldown icon for potion of blink

rewrite of crystal idol -- > now does shield of % demigod health -- scales very simarly to monk line. (8,12,14,16% Maxhealth)

rewrite of the claymore mine code (is this balanced enough or would you like it nerfed): All lvls do -350 armor per mine

lvl 1-5 mines do :  DamageAmtA = 150 + 25 * herolvl (1 summoned per use)

lvl 6-10 mines do : DamageAmtA = 200 + 12.5 * herolvl (2 Summoned per use)

lvl 11-20 mines do : DamageAmtA = 275 + 8 * herolvl (3 summoned per use)

A whole bunch of bugfixes/tooltip fixes/small balance changes were made (lol 2 many 2 list).

Now working on Despair set and will try to get in a couple of new items before patch update.

December 6, 2010 10:27:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Albatross

• First off this guy needs a cooldown reduction like that of the hellfire fix.
  • Secondly these guys going into melee mode and try to attack melee range. This causes them to die needlessly to towers over and over again. I wouldl like for these guys not to go dive bombing enemy creeps but float above and rain down there electricty.

Otherwise fuckng awesome sound effects and crazy chainlightning fun.

Blood Lust Yeti

• This guy is dying to look bad ass, make him black and red. Speaking of which some of our other poor minion friends look like there bland in game counter parts, would be nice to see some new colors thrown on our old friends
  • This guy has a bug, I was at level 7 and my yeti had 1560 hp about (no sigil no hueberk on me). Check my minions health again at level 9 to see how badass they became and saw that my poor yeti only had 1000 max hp, just when I thought he was getting viable. I checkd to see if hold hp flag would fix this but no change in yeti hp. So something funkadelic is going on.
  • I think these guys need a small dps increase maybe something like 30-35 base damage like a monk

Replicators

• Love this guy great concept, healing towers is great.
  • He has same issues as mister blood lust yeti, hp doesn't scale properly and hp that did scale all together disappeared about level 9. Went from 900 hp to 600 and stayed there the rest of the game.
  • Needs an hp buff IMO needs to be about 900 at level 5 and scale up from there, attack is unimportant as these guys are just around to heal
  • Replicators caused sticky lightning on occasion
  • Would love to see these guys in dressed up in black instead of white.

Silence Archers (forgot the name ....)

• Love these guys nice units
  • Got the cooldown right
  • Range needs to be reduced on these guys so that towers can kill them, right now if placed properly they can attack outside tower range and kill a tower faster then dems
  • The silence part of these guys seems to not be working properly, A saw a silence proc and the queen it hit changed forms
  • AoE damage is in question, I auto attacked towers with these guys for several minutes procing on towers and I couldn't tell if the damage was being done or not, may just need a better eye then mine
  • These guys experience the same hp reduction issue as the rest. I believe that this might be due to buying hp + items for minions making there base hp back to its orginal format and erasing the hp gained according to your scale. I would check over all of your minion units because I am sure they all have the same issue.

Love the color and size of these units. Great job.

December 6, 2010 10:37:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

tooltip prob - static orb says gives you +5 movement speed... figured... yeah... I think I will take the item that gives me +5 to move speed

its just 5% bonus though.

wand of wastes tooltip = +nil health

helm of fortune tooltip doesn't make much sense (eg I don't know exactly what it does based on tip).  says +1 gold and +5% xp... then says +3 gold.

cow requests that bloodlust yettis have a diff color - red perhaps.

December 6, 2010 10:48:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok i will see what i can do

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000546   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.