The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3

By on December 23, 2009 7:54:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Favormod offers over 60 new items (including 15 new summon-ables - Towers and Units), both achievement and standard shop items. All achievement( favor) items are each only 1 point to make it accessible to all. And all new units have been re-skinned. Several set items with unique effects have also been added. All items have their own unique icon and several new casting, buff and spell effects have been added.

Favormod also offers a wide range of abilities that are not available in vanilla Demigod. For more information pls watch the video at the bottom of this Post. 

For instructions on how to install mods see here:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369780

[Mod] Favormod - Revision - V2.3.3 - Yet More Bugfixes

http://www.mediafire.com/?zab21obvwkdj2ct

NOTE: it it highly RECOMMENDED that you use FAVORMOD with both Uberfix AND Enhanced AI -- these are all packaged in the auto installer below.

Or you can install Pacovs Community Mod Pack (includes this version of favormod) here - Self Installer:

RECOMMENDED DOWNLOAD - UPDATED daily, pls make sure version numbers match though.

http://www.box.net/shared/qf7lhj1zjl

Note:

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: This video does not accurately reflect the current version of favormod, it is missing most of the skins, new effects and spells as well as about 15 items.

WATCH in 720p

FavorMod 2.0D Video:

+47 Karma | 627 Replies
May 28, 2010 8:24:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, discovered this myself by in house games with friends.  But yes, that's roughly what we had 

May 30, 2010 1:14:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ok so if ppl are still playing this i will do some more balancing over the next week or so.

So far things that you would like rebalanced are

Optical Enhancement

Architects Mechanism

New Towers

Anything else atm?

June 1, 2010 4:12:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A lot of the other items aren't too bad tbh from my experience.  It's just the towers of doom that are the problem  

I have to thank you.  I've really enjoyed this mod so much   

I absolutely LOVE ALBATROSS!!!   

June 1, 2010 4:21:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I would like a mini reg that can throw out mini mines like that golem you have.

Peanuts unite!

June 1, 2010 10:22:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok here is what i have done:

Optical enhancement changed to

Perm Buff:

Damage 7%

Range Add .55

Duration effect: 10 seconds

Damage 50% increase

Restores 200 Tower Health

Architects mechanism:

Perm Buff: tower health + 150

Aura:

12% tower attack speed

4% tower regen

June 2, 2010 8:06:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

what about a mana cost increasing item?

June 9, 2010 3:19:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Currently working on a tower defence mod (taking code from semi finished enfos) so any further updates other than fixes will be delayed for a while. I  can post the above fix if you guys want me too, or change it to however you think would work best (give me balance suggestions for any part of the mod, i have only ever got to 3v3 once or twice before with my mod so you will have a better understanding than me).

MXX99 - Interesting concept! see what i can do for you .

Exx

June 9, 2010 6:49:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting MXX99,
what about a mana cost increasing item?

Would be sick for an item that when you activated it, spells cost more but did more dmg/had a longer effect.

June 9, 2010 7:11:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gravity Well
Speeds up the passage of time in the area where it is placed. Lasts for 30 seconds, has a 55 second cooldown.

All regeneration, move speed, damage over time abilities, attack speed, and cooldowns are increased for all nearby Demigods.

June 9, 2010 7:20:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oooh the opposite of ward of lag!

November 25, 2010 3:32:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok guys: Working on this some more

Nerfed Helm of fortune:

Now gives 3 gold per tick to user, and a 1 gold per tick aura

-- Fixed a bug where it was giving gold to minions.

Nerfed Thumper:

Now does 55 +5 damage per lvl  (was at 75+13 damage per lvl) 

AOE damage timer increased from 1.5 to 2 seconds

Stun immunity has been increased to 14.

cooldown increased to 60 seconds

energy cost reduced to 500

Also is fire tower OP and do the other tower upgrades need another nerf?

QUOTE PACOV: (Side note, if you get bored, we'd love to see some adjustments to your favor mod.  I was going to look into coding them myself, but if you have some time, super!  As it stands, we need to nerf thumper and the helm that gives gold.  thumper should either be flat out removed (the general rule is that people get VERY pissed if anyone uses thumper in game) or nerfed quite a bit.  Maybe silence every 10-14 seconds and removing the tower upgrade ability you cooked in... I really don't think it needs to scale as is. )

For new items: 

I am going to bring over some of the new units i created for enfos into summonable units. Will update as i do them.

These are:

armory

BloodlustYeti

HQueenMegaEnt

Nightmare

SilenceArcher

snarecat - Freezes STRUCTURES on weapon proc (chance 12%) for 7 seconds.  Does 100 damage per attack (1.25x standard catapultisauri attack rate) and has 700 health. 60 second cooldown, cost 500 mana, 2 Summoned at a time - 2 max

these units will be balanced for standard gameplay, but i will try to maintain their concept.

November 25, 2010 8:17:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also is fire tower OP and do the other tower upgrades need another nerf?

honestly not too sure.  My feedback is coming from a recent dg almuni night where we broke out favor mod for some fun times.  I just pointed out 2 things that stood out.  I don't remember fire tower being op, though.  

If you want to just release a quick new version with the changes to thumper/helm of fortune, though, I'm happy to test those changes along with the towers for you and we can see how they are in terms of balance. 

November 25, 2010 8:57:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Exxcentric, you should make an activated favor item that increases the damage you take from all sources for a certain amount of time, but gives you some benefit, perhaps really high attack damage, a move speed bonus, or a large amount of mana per second?

How about a speed ward as well as a polar opposite to the slow ward? 

November 25, 2010 9:11:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Side note... not to get you thinking about too many things at once   - but I was thinking a few days ago.  Why not have an item like a universal gadget, except it instead of healing a player/tower, it gives mana to a player (but still heals towers).  I'd think an item like that could be useful in some circumstances. 

November 26, 2010 12:20:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why not just buff UG so that it costs the same as it does now, but gives 500 mana, in addition to the +2000 HP 

8D 

And does mana burn of 500 if you use it offensively. 

That is:

If target == Friendly Demigod: 

target.currentHP += 2000

target.currentMP += 500

if target == Friendly Tower:

target.currentHP += 2500

If target == Enemy:

target.currentHP -= 650

target.currentMP -= 500 

It'd be a small buff to an underused item (but not terribly underpowered) that I wish we could see more use of. 

November 26, 2010 12:24:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok after a bit of playing, i think that snarecats (Armadillo's) will be very helpful in removing favour item towers and significantly reduce their impact on the battlefield especially on early waves, it also provides some new strategies for taking down enemy towers on the early levels.

With testing against AI Thumper is no longer an autowin for holding a lane and requires some movement backward and forward to make them successful. I think that changes should be sufficent.

Helm of fortune should be enough of a change.

"Why not have an item like a universal gadget, except it instead of healing a player/tower, it gives mana to a player (but still heals towers).  I'd think an item like that could be useful in some circumstances. "

Ok

Exxcentric, you should make an activated favor item that increases the damage you take from all sources for a certain amount of time, but gives you some benefit, perhaps really high attack damage, a move speed bonus, or a large amount of mana per second? 

How about a speed ward as well as a polar opposite to the slow ward? 

I will look into it, but i dont think that anyone will take this item unless it has a very significant buff.

Still working on new units

Exx

November 26, 2010 12:27:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well... do you think that would be worth it?  You make a reasonable case, though. UG's aren't all that widely used, but clearly do serve a purpose.  Your approach is probably better than mine (improving an item instead of adding another one that isn't super useful, but still serves a viable purpose).

Let's see... with my suggestion, does granting 2000ish mana or so to any dg make them op at 500 gold a pop?  I don't think so.  Support casters could use them to buff certain dgs (sedna/qot, etc).  Anyway, I don't think its op.

Your approach - def not op and makes the item a little more desirable.  Taking away 500 mana could have a decent impact early, and perhaps make this a more desirable item.  However, 500 mana is like next to nothing.  I'd think 1000 would be the magic number.  That can actually make it a great item to counter a rook early and increase staying power.  Late game its not that big a deal, but early game - well, it sounds like an item that could be a decent game changer - and add some fun.  What do you think?

November 26, 2010 12:42:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

500 mana is enormous against a Sedna, Erebus or Queen early game, especially when you consider the 650 damage on top of it (which would come out to a third of their health bar with Blood). 

Against Oak, UB, and so on, sure 500 mana isn't that huge of a deal. 

1000 mana is pretty much the entire level 1-3 mana bar, and that is gonna send them straight to base unless they purchased a mana potion. 

November 26, 2010 12:46:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1000 mana is pretty much the entire level 1-3 mana bar, and that is gonna send them straight to base unless they purchased a mana potion.

well... they'd still have their hp for the most part.  You also have to factor in that any character BUYING this item early is down 1 item, so it does offset some.  I really don't think it will run someone back to base, but it does change things quite a bit - and items that do that tend to get purchased.  I think 1k might be the right number.

That said, we could always create a simple mod of the gadget at 1k, play a tier 1 game, and see what the impact really is.  I don't think 500 mana is enough, but you might be right.

November 26, 2010 1:34:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^^ will have a look at some different options for that

got nightmares now working - no balancing done yet 

also going to implement Consumables from here:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/399748/page/1/#2815962

With some balance changes.

Still requiring implementation:

armory

BloodlustYeti

HQueenMegaEnt

SilenceArcher

November 26, 2010 1:49:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

2 other items to consider:

What about:

Demistify- Unsummon up to 2 units (chain effect) of an enemy  or unsummon up to 1 enemy created structures in range 12, cooldown 45, no mana cost, targeted.

Escapism - Casts invunerability (but you cannot move) for 3 seconds (Think Orb of Defiance). Following this the unit becomes invisible for 10 seconds provided you dont attack/cast an ability/use an item. Single targeted use, range 30. Cooldown 50, mana cost 300.

November 26, 2010 2:12:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Don't change Universal Gadget, some rediculous stuff can already be done with it and 500 mana is huge at low levels.

Totally remove thumper, its completely broken no matter how much you nerf it. That silence shit is rediculous let alone the damage, tping to it and the stun. You drop a thumper in a lane at level 1 gg.

November 26, 2010 3:08:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol it is VERY nerfed -- wait till you try it, i doubt it will be anywear near as gamechanging as before

November 26, 2010 12:24:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Vortex is funnier to use anyway

November 26, 2010 1:25:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Towers should be significantly nerfed, have not tested with vortex (have with both the other 2 towers) and changes seem to have brought these into line (if not making them slightly underpowered).

Comments appreciated

(note this features no new activated code - should just be the old items rebalanced).

Exx

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000235   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.