The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Epoch 3 starts next week

By on December 1, 2009 9:11:56 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

Next week Demigod will begin its third epoch. Part of that will likely include the availability of Oculus.

Each epoch means the zeroing out of the stats. You keep your Favor points but everything else resets. You can still access your epoch 1 and epoch 2 stats on the pantheon but it’s a great way for people to start with a clean slate online.

I’ve been playing Oculus online.  I have some suggestions on him but he’s a serious damage dealer to grunts though.

Locked Post 37 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 1, 2009 9:35:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

huzzah!

December 1, 2009 10:03:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the heads up!

December 1, 2009 10:32:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oculus is an AoE machine!!

quick question: Why isn't DA available for single player mode?

December 1, 2009 10:39:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awsome! AS far as i can tell, Doc oc is a heavy Damage dealer, yes! He is very skilled at clearing out waves of creeps, and can drop your HP quite fast. I wonder, him VS DA? How would that work, because they both deal massive amounts of damage! Well, that is great to hear Frogboy.

December 2, 2009 1:51:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Izuz,
Oculus is an AoE machine!!

quick question: Why isn't DA available for single player mode?

My guess is you've got Vista or Windows 7. Check out this thread for info on how to enable Demon Assasin in single player: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369993

December 2, 2009 2:57:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thankx !! that solved my probelm

December 2, 2009 5:09:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He's friggin OP....750 damage to 10 targets + 600 Aoe, he an take out an entire creep wave with giants....

December 2, 2009 5:25:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Archon_Saar,
He's friggin OP....750 damage to 10 targets + 600 Aoe, he an take out an entire creep wave with giants....

Who? Oculus? 750 damage and 600 damage is piss poor in a direct fight. If you think 750 damage with a limit of 10 targets and a very short ranged AoE that does 600 damage is overpowered, I shudder to think of your opinion on TB.

December 2, 2009 5:31:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've tried many oc builds against AI, hopefully there are some improvements to his balls of lightning and 1v1 dmg.

December 2, 2009 7:13:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ,
Next week Demigod will begin its third epoch. Part of that will likely include the availability of Oculus...

Great!!

By the way, Frogboy: I've sent you a PM on [read private stuff here]. Please, have a look at it. Thanks.

December 3, 2009 2:31:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please fix the Fire TB AA bug and minion health bugs before Epoch III.

December 3, 2009 3:46:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Please fix the Fire TB AA bug and minion health bugs before Epoch III."

Very good point. No point reseting stats if the game is still filled with bugs and exploits.

I have noticed huge increase in disconecting of players and myself since 1.2 I also noticed that if you will leave the game before ur citadel gets destroyed game might not show in ur game list.

I would love to see stats reset pospone in order to fix those important issues that makes this game so hard to be competive.

December 3, 2009 4:43:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Very good point. No point reseting stats if the game is still filled with bugs and exploits.

Disagree.  I don't want to come off completely negative, but this game will always have bugs.  I'd love to see them fixed.  But if the prerequisite for a stat reset is the bugs being fixed, we won't ever see a stat reset. SD hasn't discussed or mentioned a hotfix to incorporate Sorians TB AA fix or any of the other fixes the community has created (towers on zikurat, mute working in games, minion health bug, etc).  I believe that issuing a stat reset for SD is a pretty simple process on their end and doesn't require much work.  At best, if we get a stat reset, people who rose to the top playing pantheon against AI's will drop down as they are no longer included in the game.  I'd enjoy a fresh start as well.  People will continue to find ways to exploit the game with or without a reset.  I think that was a bit of the lesson when the last stat reset took place.

December 3, 2009 10:32:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Unfortunately, the link to how to enable the Demon Assassin in single player is no longer accessible; either that or the entire thread vaporized from the sheer weight of people staring at it intensely.

I'm betting the former.

December 3, 2009 10:42:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting SquidLord,
Unfortunately, the link to how to enable the Demon Assassin in single player is no longer accessible; either that or the entire thread vaporized from the sheer weight of people staring at it intensely.

I'm betting the former.

Here's one of the topics https://forums.demigodthegame.com/369980

December 4, 2009 1:36:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov:

... I don't want to come off completely negative, but this game will always have bugs.  I'd love to see them fixed.  But if the prerequisite for a stat reset is the bugs being fixed, we won't ever see a stat reset. SD hasn't discussed or mentioned a hotfix to incorporate Sorians TB AA fix or any of the other fixes the community has created (towers on zikurat, mute working in games, minion health bug, etc).  I believe that issuing a stat reset for SD is a pretty simple process on their end and doesn't require much work.  At best, if we get a stat reset, people who rose to the top playing pantheon against AI's will drop down as they are no longer included in the game.  I'd enjoy a fresh start as well.  People will continue to find ways to exploit the game with or without a reset.  I think that was a bit of the lesson when the last stat reset took place.

I also agree with this.

December 4, 2009 10:20:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You had some epic chain lightnings on me the game we played Mr. Frog.

December 7, 2009 4:51:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its next week.

December 7, 2009 5:00:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You're next week.

December 7, 2009 5:01:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
Its next week.

u sure? If so SWEET!

December 9, 2009 8:55:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

UB and TB are on forces of light?!?!?!?!

Oak and Sedna are on Forces of Darkness?!?!?!?

What?!?!?!?

December 9, 2009 9:00:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

What?!?!?!?

Epoch III, Generals vs Assassins

December 9, 2009 2:15:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
ROTFLMAO!!!!!

What?!?!?!?

Ye i think its a good idea, so not everyone will just play darkness only to have ub and erebus.

But now guys, WHERE IS OCCULUS ???

Was it not, epoch3  AND occulus ? =p

December 9, 2009 11:45:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Epoch III, Generals vs Assassin

Without general support UB is only credible demigods the Assassin have.

Without ballancing this is going to be the shortest Epoch ever due to complaints.

Without monks even UB does not stand up to the top Generals (theorycrafting here).

I guess we are going to find out if UB, reg and tb are a half decent team togther then. Or gpg might be put under preshure to make some worthwhile ballance changes.

I know this should be a really cool idea but its just going to kill pathanon for the epoch. Someone please prove me wrong.

Edit: forgot rook could also be ok here, but seriouly without monk regen every Assassin will be able to forced out the lane rather quickly.

December 10, 2009 12:26:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting nzac,

Epoch III, Generals vs Assassin

Without general support UB is only credible demigods the Assassin have.

Without ballancing this is going to be the shortest Epoch ever due to complaints.

Without monks even UB does not stand up to the top Generals (theorycrafting here).

I guess we are going to find out if UB, reg and tb are a half decent team togther then. Or gpg might be put under preshure to make some worthwhile ballance changes.

I know this should be a really cool idea but its just going to kill pathanon for the epoch. Someone please prove me wrong.

Edit: forgot rook could also be ok here, but seriouly without monk regen every Assassin will be able to forced out the lane rather quickly.
nuh uh.. life steal! Trust me, the assassains will fair fine. Can you remember any multiplayer games, where your entire team was assassins? I can remember many of those, and we did fine. It lies in skill, not monks.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.