The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod Epoch 3 starts next week

By on December 1, 2009 9:11:56 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

Next week Demigod will begin its third epoch. Part of that will likely include the availability of Oculus.

Each epoch means the zeroing out of the stats. You keep your Favor points but everything else resets. You can still access your epoch 1 and epoch 2 stats on the pantheon but it’s a great way for people to start with a clean slate online.

I’ve been playing Oculus online.  I have some suggestions on him but he’s a serious damage dealer to grunts though.

Locked Post 37 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
December 10, 2009 12:55:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nuh uh.. life steal! Trust me, the assassains will fair fine. Can you remember any multiplayer games, where your entire team was assassins? I can remember many of those, and we did fine. It lies in skill, not monks.

So that would be: monks + skill >> skill > monks. Though i dont play aggressive enough to the most benifit out of all Assassins i have never felt like i was going fine with a full team of them.

Not having monks means that you have no regen so you have to go back to crystal or waste large ammounts of cash to get health back. Minion builds are going to slaughter the week assassins and the rest will still have trouble playing against them.

Its not just the monks 2 out of 3 of the top demigods are generals and UB builds gernally factor in a bishop to beet LE/Oak(/Sedna) rook will die because minnions are now vaible. There are probably a few more bs strateries that generals can no do since no general is there to conter them.

Hopefully Epoch 4 is only 6 weeks away (or just to the end of the tourniment) or ballance attempts are made by GPG.

December 10, 2009 12:47:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,

Quoting nzac,
reply 24

Epoch III, Generals vs Assassin

nuh uh.. life steal! Trust me, the assassains will fair fine. Can you remember any multiplayer games, where your entire team was assassins? I can remember many of those, and we did fine. It lies in skill, not monks.

Ha Ha you told a funny

December 10, 2009 9:44:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Assassains are fine dude. UB and rook can heal  themselves, DA has evade and teleport, TB has aoe, meaning he can slaughter in numbers, and reg has long range and aoe! Assassains would fair gr8

December 11, 2009 3:18:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,

lets imagine 2v2 where we have erebus and oak versus ub and rook for example

imagine the generals having all idols (6*2 minions) + couple of their own minions (6*2)

then you two have 2+12+12 against you, and you know that minions don't really suck

i would really like to see how you would "skill" that situation

of course it takes skill to get to the minions and money for them but it is clear that generals have always one thing more than assassins. or 12. or 24.

December 11, 2009 8:30:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UB + Rook is good. Probably the best thing going for assassins.

Chain stuns

eg: Bowling ball from a distance lets UB get on you, when you turn tail to run you get grasped. 

Everything else other than that has been a push over...

LOL, and Reg... wow, with everyone having priests, he really shows his late game weakness. He just can't hurt you unless you step on 6 mines.

December 13, 2009 12:00:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,
UB + Rook is good. Probably the best thing going for assassins.

Chain stuns

eg: Bowling ball from a distance lets UB get on you, when you turn tail to run you get grasped. 

Everything else other than that has been a push over...

LOL, and Reg... wow, with everyone having priests, he really shows his late game weakness. He just can't hurt you unless you step on 6 mines.

hmm hmm.. let me see

ah!

http://coreoc.mine.nu/ti/sc&dg/demigod/v1.2/2009_12_13_18_54_50_Prison_Multiplayer.DGReplay

if that's the best assassins can do then its kinda lame

of course our opponents maybe did some stupid things but anyway. look at erebus raping.

it was fun game though . ub even asked us to concede because our defeat was so obvious

December 13, 2009 4:05:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ub has ooze, meaning those minions will all slowly die, and they cant attack as frequently. Rook can make a tower farm, and get independant attacking weapons. Or, hammer slam!

December 13, 2009 8:11:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't see how assassins can beat a Sedna and Oak.

December 14, 2009 1:58:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting rainland,

hmm hmm.. let me see

http://coreoc.mine.nu/ti/sc&dg/demigod/v1.2/2009_12_13_18_54_50_Prison_Multiplayer.DGReplay

if that's the best assassins can do then its kinda lame

of course our opponents maybe did some stupid things but anyway. look at erebus raping.

it was fun game though . ub even asked us to concede because our defeat was so obvious

Hey, that's not a fair game, and you know that The rook was pretty fresh (I mean, as in noob-fresh), and he admitted so freely. Of course the UB alone (me ) didn't stand a chance against you, so the whole game was spent just by me explaining him some of the basics one might look for when playing DG.

I can't tell about the general ass vs. gen matter, but this for sure is not an example of two assassins cooperating effectively

December 14, 2009 3:53:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,
Ub has ooze, meaning those minions will all slowly die, and they cant attack as frequently. Rook can make a tower farm, and get independant attacking weapons. Or, hammer slam!

you want me to name all generals' skills? i know very clearly what they have, and thats just not going to be enough to win the game

Quoting ToranBrades,

Hey, that's not a fair game, and you know that The rook was pretty fresh (I mean, as in noob-fresh), and he admitted so freely. Of course the UB alone (me ) didn't stand a chance against you, so the whole game was spent just by me explaining him some of the basics one might look for when playing DG.

I can't tell about the general ass vs. gen matter, but this for sure is not an example of two assassins cooperating effectively

yeah i know gg anyways

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
I don't see how assassins can beat a Sedna and Oak.

seconded

December 15, 2009 5:22:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting UncleanBeast,

Horn of Battle negates all of these

December 15, 2009 7:12:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

minion`s role not to kill but to weaken an enemy. ub can do nothing when 2 demolishers hit it by 100 every second. it have to turn ooze on or run away. both ways are inconvinienyt for ub. Ooze is pretty good when a monk heal ub but without heal... a waste of hp and a trip to crystal

---

Minions negate towers too. demolishers or pack of souls/crawlers

---

horseradish is right, generals are stronger

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.