The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

PC Gamer wins!

By on September 1, 2009 7:38:36 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Pain. So much pain.  PC Gamer schools Stardock at Demigod.  There is something…wrong with that.

+912 Karma | 28 Replies
September 1, 2009 7:41:36 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

that was very nice to let them win.

September 1, 2009 7:46:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You lost two in a row?  I'm saddened. 

September 1, 2009 8:07:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We all know what that means:

An epic 17-page battle report (including songs about their bravery and herosim) in the next print issue.

September 1, 2009 8:17:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

WTB replay

September 1, 2009 8:56:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You didn't just lose, you were slaughtered.  Clearly PCGamer has been practicing.

September 1, 2009 8:57:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's too bad, Frogboy. I really wanted y'all to beat those clowns, especially given the titles of some of the games that PCG_Norman has played in:

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/899966/player/25843/

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/899955/player/25843/

Anyhow, maybe another time, another map....

September 1, 2009 9:03:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good try guys...  PCG is on top of their game tho.

September 1, 2009 9:20:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting the_hunger,
That's too bad, Frogboy. I really wanted y'all to beat those clowns, especially given the titles of some of the games that PCG_Norman has played in:

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/899966/player/25843/

http://pantheon.demigodthegame.com/game/899955/player/25843/

Anyhow, maybe another time, another map....

Wow.  I'm sure that isn't to be taken seriously, but it is in very poor taste.

September 1, 2009 9:53:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This is just wrong!

September 1, 2009 10:54:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Either win or lose, its a win, Demi-God gets more press and Stardock makes more sales!!  Brad is happy, PCG is happy, players are happy!! 

Sounds like a wonderfully fun time!!  All around sporting comraderie 

I have DG, but have only played single player so far, im not good enough for online play, but you know, it would be cool to sign online and see the matches, you probably have that, i havent looked close enough yet. I will have to though, it sounds like it was a blast!! 

Good Try Brad and Company anyway!!  Maybe at next years reunion SmashUp Rematch though, think?

-Teal

September 1, 2009 11:49:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

HEY!! Who owns that red sports car?  It parked on TWO spaced, one of which is the handicapped space. 

Sorry, but aside from seeing abandoned shopping carts on the curb, double-spaced parked cars is kind of a pet peeve of mine....

Anyway, its OK to "let" the PC Gamer team win....

September 2, 2009 12:38:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

[joke]

"Hi Brad, this is the President of the United States of America, Barack Obama. I heard about your match, and wanted to weigh in on this important issue. Now, before I make any comments, let me just say that I believe we can all agree that this loss, this set back is in part due to the failed policies of the Bush Administration and here in Washington, we understand that point and will work together with SD to ensure that hard working Americans are well taken care of in the wake of this unforseen series of events."

"Now, in response to this lost, I can only summise that the Bush Administration lacked the foresight, the capability and the will to act to avoid such a disaster. Let me assure you, we're working as hard as we can to correct this issue and ensure that no American family will lose their houses, their livelyhoods or their cars as a direct result of the outcome of this match and that steps are being put in place even as I speak to avoid such a disaster ever occuring again, or to lessen the blow dealt to the American people"

"Now, to those doom sayers out there, let me address you personally; I love this country and I will continue to love this country until I am decleared medically dead, and even then my internal organs will be donated to help keep people who love this country and who continue to do so alive longer so that they too can love this country in my stead, Now --"

"Er.. wow, thanks for popping in and all, Mr President, but... and I hate to interupt, but I think despite your best intentions you've actually gotten a little bit Off To--"

"..."

"Excuse me, Mr Wardell, could you please come with us? It'll only take a moment"

[/joke]

September 2, 2009 12:39:23 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

That's Brad's car.  You can park however you like when you are the CEO.

September 2, 2009 12:57:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You guys lost badly, it wasn't even a close game.  So both gpg and stardock lost.

September 2, 2009 1:20:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ehh, good to know that they spend more time working on their games than playing them.

September 2, 2009 1:27:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Indeed, pseudomelon.

September 2, 2009 4:37:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It looks like Frogboy wasn't doing too bad. What's those names I see on the right side of the screen? Playing with an updated game?

September 2, 2009 4:46:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Othello,
It looks like Frogboy wasn't doing too bad. What's those names I see on the right side of the screen? Playing with an updated game?

you have no friends?

those are impulse messages from friends.

September 2, 2009 5:59:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You should get the best premade in the DG community to play them next

Maybe have a little Mini-tournament some weekend, take applications for teams and have a round robin style playoff. Then the winners get to play PCG

September 2, 2009 8:10:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

PC Gamer is full of doo doo heads. We win.

September 2, 2009 9:53:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

0-7 with UB?  ummmm

September 2, 2009 10:02:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Im guessing  PCG's team was speed stacking with pen from the Oak, So oak would engage, the other 2 would come screaming round the corner, and someone on frogs team would die.

September 2, 2009 1:59:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good effort guys.  Though, I think you could have used a sedna on your team

September 2, 2009 7:02:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol its me on right part of screenshot

September 2, 2009 7:22:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Noobs! j/k

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000297   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.