The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Favor reset is totally ruined this evening.

By on June 24, 2009 4:59:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Raknor

Join Date 04/2007
+11

Whoever had the idea to reset favor:

Well done, you've totally ruined my day. I hope you're happy now.

Morons...

Locked Post 90 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 24, 2009 5:03:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

qq more, its takes a few games, and half of them suck so you basically need 4 to 5

you can easily farm them too if you want, go make a game , put on easy ai, put on fast, start with ton of gold, and crush the enemy

June 24, 2009 5:06:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting woca,
qq more, its takes a few games, and half of them suck so you basically need 4 to 5

you can easily farm them too if you want, go make a game , put on easy ai, put on fast, start with ton of gold, and crush the enemy

Farming doesn't work anymore.

June 24, 2009 5:09:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

well it looks like op is just gonna have to play a bit

June 24, 2009 5:12:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And whine some more also

June 24, 2009 5:16:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well done, you've totally ruined my day. I hope you're happy now.
I'm happy now.

June 24, 2009 5:21:47 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

multiplayer favor and single player favor are different

June 24, 2009 5:21:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, I am very agitated that they reset favor.  There was no real reason to do this.

I can see resetting favor for Pantheon, or Skirmish, but you shouldn't reset favor for Custom Games.... that's asinine...

June 24, 2009 5:22:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Got my favor back now. One extremely painful and atrocious evening. Total waste of time. Instead of enjoying Demigod I had to work to get my favoritem.

Good night.

June 24, 2009 5:24:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't see why they had to reset favor.  Resetting the statistics was to purge the losses-that-were-not-losses from the record.  I don't see what favor had to do with this.

June 24, 2009 5:26:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah i agree why did they need the favor reset. I mean I had around 8k in favor items and that took me several weeks to get that. I have a differant favor item for each character and now i have to start over all the way.

June 24, 2009 5:27:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Raknor,
Got my favor back now. One extremely painful and atrocious evening. Total waste of time. Instead of enjoying Demigod I had to work to get my favoritem.

Good night.

Um...why couldn't you do both at the same time?

Quoting InfiniteVengeance,
I don't see why they had to reset favor.  Resetting the statistics was to purge the losses-that-were-not-losses from the record.  I don't see what favor had to do with this.

I agree but getting this worked up about it is a little over the top.

June 24, 2009 5:30:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, I'm attuned to a specific strategy. I can't play competitively if I am not allowed to do what I do best.

June 24, 2009 5:34:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I agree but getting this worked up about it is a little over the top.

Cuz it's the STATS man!!!! If we have to rebuild to get our favor items we don't have a leg up on the COMPETITION and our STATS are in jeopardy. We could get a LOSS on our record for pity's sake!!!!! Think of the STATS!!!!!!!

June 24, 2009 5:43:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with the OP and now im not too happy with all my favor being gone

June 24, 2009 5:44:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I couldn't possibly care less about the useless stats.

But for a competitive game the same set of rules need to apply to all players involved. That includes the same availablility of favor items for all players.

Some players having favor items and others not having favor items destroys the balance of the game. Now we need to wait a lot of time until all players have collected enough favor so that balance gets restored.

June 24, 2009 5:44:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know some of you are not in favor of us resetting the FavorPoints but because of earlier builds the favor point system was all messed up.  Many people did not receive favor points they should have earned and some earned points they should not have.
Because of this we felt that it was in the best interest of the masses to reset the favor points and put everyone back on an even playing field.  Once you get your favor points back up and buy your favorite item you can go back to squashing your enemies as normal.

June 24, 2009 5:45:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you can't play competatively because you don't have one specific favor item then I suggest you need to get better. 

I could care less that favor is reset.  Big deal.

June 24, 2009 5:46:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Raknor,

No, I'm attuned to a specific strategy. I can't play competitively if I am not allowed to do what I do best.

Ah, the true sign of someone that lacks skill..

June 24, 2009 5:49:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It took me over a month to get all of my favor items. I'm taking a break, and I'm not sure if I'll come back. I put a lot of hard work into this game, and it was completely put to waste.

June 24, 2009 5:53:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not a fan of the decision either (and how we couldn't get the pubs to say a thing about it prior to today), but I guess I'll have to spend some time getting it back... I, too, wish I hadn't invested so much time in the first place to unlock favor only to have to do it again... meh.  I'd imagine we'd see some agreement in the community regarding this, but what's done is done. 

June 24, 2009 5:57:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's increadibly stupid to reset it, is this going to be a regular thing now? How often is this shit going to get reset?

June 24, 2009 6:00:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Anything that you need to "unlock" in an online multiplayer game must always be preserved or else many people will simply leave rather than re-earn them if you strip it away.

Sadly I think that is about to occur.

June 24, 2009 6:02:19 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
It took me over a month to get all of my favor items. I'm taking a break, and I'm not sure if I'll come back. I put a lot of hard work into this game, and it was completely put to waste.

Wow. I am truly speechless here. Trying to collect my thoughts on this idea of putting in some hard work in a game. Really? Is this REALLY the case for some people? They feel like they have 'worked hard' to get their Favor and their Stats and when it is erased they want to take a 'break'? I just don't get it. This is a game folks and as such it is meaningless except for a brief escape from reality or to relax and to ultimately just have fun.

Let me sum up:

IT is a game
it IS a game
it is A game
it is a GAME

It will not help you to get a job by putting in hours on this game.
It will not help you to build muscle by putting in hours on this game.
It will not get you into the best schools by putting in hours on this game.
Doesn't bring you fame, fortune, true happiness, or love.

Doesn't get you any of those things.

If a game ever becomes about 'work' for you then you should uninstall it, turn off your computer, pick up a book and read, or pick up an instrument and play, or pick up the phone and talk to someone. ANYTHING.

It's about getting a life. Not making the game your life.

June 24, 2009 6:06:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting T-Man,
I know some of you are not in favor of us resetting the FavorPoints but because of earlier builds the favor point system was all messed up.  Many people did not receive favor points they should have earned and some earned points they should not have.
Because of this we felt that it was in the best interest of the masses to reset the favor points and put everyone back on an even playing field.  Once you get your favor points back up and buy your favorite item you can go back to squashing your enemies as normal.

Frogboy mentioned in his 1.1 post that stats along with favour points had been reset with the launch of the "second epoch".  Do you know if favour points will be reset with the launches of future epochs?

June 24, 2009 6:13:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

favor was parts of the stats, so when the stats are resetted favor should be too, makes perfect sense.

if you scared that you don't have enough favor for the competition, simply play 2-3 "no favor items allowed"-games

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time: