The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Favor reset is totally ruined this evening.

By on June 24, 2009 4:59:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Raknor

Join Date 04/2007
+11

Whoever had the idea to reset favor:

Well done, you've totally ruined my day. I hope you're happy now.

Morons...

Locked Post 90 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 24, 2009 10:34:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Resetting favor was, I feel, a bad move. I feel I am being punished for something that I did not do.  The reason that has been given is that because some favor was not reported correctly for some games.  From reading posts on these forums, it seems the same thing is happening again after the patch.  It also seems that because the cause has not been fixed, the same thing may happen again sometime in the future.

I had spent 4000ish minutes (70ish hours) getting roughly 11k favor.  I do not relish the prospect of having to grind out that favor again.  I am not a fan of being forced to do something over and over again to get back to where I was to begin with.  As an example, in Call of Duty 4, I played online with some friends.  There was the option to reset your level from 55 back to 1 in order to get a fancy new icon next to your name.  Some of my friends said they enjoyed earning all their achievements over again and releveling.  I, however, chose to keep my five little stars because having to earn every weapon all over again was NOT my idea of a good time.

Taking away something someone has earned is, on the whole, something society sees as bad.  A better solution would have been to just give everyone some bonus favor to make up for any that had been inappropriately lost.  Those people that got a little bonus favor through errors in the system would be ahead, but really this would not have been such a big deal.  Those people that intentionally abused the system should be dealt with on an individual basis through warnings or bans.

In the future, I hope this will not happen again, or that it is handled a different way.  I'd be in favor of returning all the favor that was taken in this instance as well.

-- Tukulis

June 24, 2009 10:49:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Its not about "i cant win without favor item x", its about feeling proud you have x number favor items. Collecting them is half the fun and i was looking forward to ne (highly expensive) favor items in the future. resetting the items is like burning all your pogs and starting again. yes pogs. what of it?

June 24, 2009 11:30:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

STARDOCK - I don't really expect a response, but I will take exactly 1 shot at this.  I and many others asked if there would be a favor reset.  You guys didn't answer in any post I or anyone else I read made.  Surely at least 1 member of your staff saw the questions (as these were posts that your staff were active in), but there was no answer.  Why?  Why couldn't this be a poll or discussion amoungst the community?  I personally think you made a mistake going this route.  Why shouldn't this be a community discussion (you know, the people who spent their time earning the favor that was going to be removed)?  Can we have a discussion regarding this at all?  Some things you guys should just make you best decision on... but others, you should engage us.  Seriously... the economy's a shit storm and you decided it would be cool to take away my hard earned favor for some reason (no need to really explain yourself, btw... not like it isn't cool to just take shit people worked for away and smile).  Trivilize that if you want, but I could have spent that time doing anything at all, and you took it away without warning or discussion.  I even asked you if you were planning on taking it... and you apparently couldn't even tell me that's what you were planning on doing.  You're a great company and all, but burn us, and I, at least,  won't spend a dime on your shite again... and others just might agree. You share alot of information, but also choose to be as fucking quiet as a mouse on other topics.  stardock = consistent?

I'm sure other people have great points to add... but if you agree me with, echo my sentiment and I'm sure we'll get an answer.  Spare this thread the blah blah is favor is imbalanced on blank item, etc... but it I'm out of line, squelch my post to your hearts content.  Otherwise, I'd be thrilled to hear from Frogboy or someone on the SD staff.

June 24, 2009 11:49:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There's some serious need of L2P in this thread.

There was definitely something broken with favour early on. I had a few hundred favour and was saving up and then one day, boom, i had like 7k worth. And i am bet I am not the only one who randomly got favour for god knows what.

Pretty sure most people complaining got their favour that way also.

June 25, 2009 12:01:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If you had no fun with this game, why did you play it in the first place?

I've had lots of fun with this game; I don't know how I implied it otherwise. When I used the word "work," I meant that I put effort into achieving a goal. I had fun doing that. Now I have to do it all a second time. I'm not going to have fun doing it all over again.

June 25, 2009 12:16:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

*shrugs*

I only use the cloak.  At 2k it'll take a few games to nab it again, but those games are kinda fun, unique experiences.  I get to try a purse build for items again, the swift anklet, the blood, etc.  Usually before taking the next favored item I practice against the computer quick to see what it "feels" like.  The bright side is, for someone who's become very comfortable with a specific demiogod+favor+eq build, it's making the game fresh again.  Sure, I want my cloak NOW but it's just a dozen games or so... not so bad.

The reality is, yes, stats and favor were both borked and needed a reset to get sane values back, so I understand.

June 25, 2009 12:38:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Epiphenomenon,
I'm not going to have fun doing it all over again.

What's made the game less fun?

The lack of favour items due to the reset favour figures? If this is the case, and I'm not saying it is, does this mean the game was no fun until these items became available?

June 25, 2009 12:51:33 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Tukulis,

I had spent 4000ish hours getting roughly 11k favor.  I do not relish the prospect of having to grind out that favor again. 

Amazing, because by my math, there have only been 1728 hours since Demigod's release. Even if you accidentlly added an extra zero, that would still mean you played for roughly 5.5 hours every day since release. Call me skeptical.

I seriously can't believe people use the expression "worked hard" to describe their gaming achievements. The only achievements I have in gaming are the ones that I had fun doing. If playing Demigod (or any game, for that matter) wasn't fun for you to unlock all those items, why did you keep playing? And if it was fun, then this is a non-issue.

June 25, 2009 12:51:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh my, I guess I'll have to get the premade back together to grind some favor...won't that be fun for everyone.

June 25, 2009 12:54:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Frogboy's response:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/357324/page/1/#2275367

Frogboy "Yea it was intentional. The whole system was borked previously.

Now your achievements can be saved as part of your account.

This is a one time thing. We won't be resetting favor again in the future even in future epochs."

June 25, 2009 2:55:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A ladder reset is a totally normal event... in diablo people are looking forward to it, waiting anxiously to join the run for the first lvl 99 char.

Yeah but after the reset all your existing characters didn't get deleted.

This is a one time thing. We won't be resetting favor again in the future even in future epochs."

Good, I should hope not.

June 25, 2009 4:13:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had spent 4000ish hours getting roughly 11k favor

lol if you really need 4000 hours you reeeeeally suck man, i got my first 10k after my first week of demigod (at an average playtime of 3 hours a day) -edit- and no, i don't think that makes me awesome even if it sounds that way^^

and what the fuck do you need favor for anyway? when you bought all the favor items, what do yu do with your 20k-ish favor?

it would be so easy to farm favor that you can't tell me it's some kind of status symbol..(if you're into that take your ladder rank as an indicator for your virtual fame instead)

June 25, 2009 7:54:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes yes... It's a typo.  Hours = minutes.  Corrected.

And thanks for completely missing the entire point(s).  The point is, it's not fun having to earn all that favor AGAIN.  And that taking stuff from people is Bad(tm).  There was an alternative which I and many others would have found preferable.

-- Tukulis

June 25, 2009 8:16:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A few evenings ago, I got the penultimate favour item I really wanted. Do I care? Yes. Do I care that much? No. I actually in a way like the decision, strangely.

June 25, 2009 8:40:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Guess I'll have to save up another 750 for Blood of the fallen again. Oh the humanity.

June 25, 2009 8:42:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Raknor,
I couldn't possibly care less about the useless stats.

But for a competitive game the same set of rules need to apply to all players involved. That includes the same availablility of favor items for all players.

Some players having favor items and others not having favor items destroys the balance of the game. Now we need to wait a lot of time until all players have collected enough favor so that balance gets restored.
So you are saying that to make the balance right there should not be any favor items. After all, the players who play a lot are usually the more solid players overall. Now I still have yet to participate in an online game, but I know I will be at a huge disadvantage against experienced players. Now I also have the disadvantage of not having bonus items!

The bonus item system seems nice enough and in time it will be fair(ish) and it will make things more interesting, but then it would be better to let you pick an item at the start of every game without any cost involved and to make these items weaker overall.

June 25, 2009 8:52:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

O my gozor i must play wizout favor itemz im lost¡¡¡

Cmon guys... "working hard"? "farm again"? wtf... if u see that way videogames i recomand u to stop playing them or be a PRO and get money fo it.

If u feel that the sky is falling because u have not your pwnzor favor item just create/join games without favor items until u get your pwnzor favor item.

A good player adapts well to any situation if u fell that u are completely gimped because u dont have your favor item just ltp.

June 25, 2009 8:58:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well said.

If you think you'll lose because you don't have your favorite favor item then you probably would have lost to begin with. Those that have fun while obtaining the favor items will not complain. Those that qq because they "worked so hard and now I have to do it all over again" I have no sympathy for. Besides, what about all those people that got 1k+ favor for free, because of a bug? They'd probably qq about them getting all items for free too.

June 25, 2009 9:16:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Much harder was the reset in Stats for me, cause matchmaking now put me against all those Pros.

Man, i got owned hard yesterday. Sorry to all those who had to play with me.

June 25, 2009 9:30:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Expecting another reset sometime in the future, considering stats and favor still aren't recording a lot of the time...

June 25, 2009 9:40:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

/end rant

June 25, 2009 10:08:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Twifight, 800HP in the early stages of the game is the difference between being able to tank 3 nukes and not being able to tank 3 nukes. The reset means that for the next week or so I'm going to play with favor items off so that there's no chance I'm going to be playing with or against people who don't have access to either the anklet or the blood vial. People who play one or two games each evening are going to need time to catch up to the people playing 4-5 games every day.

I don't care that I lost the favor items or the favor points, I care that I now have to deal with turning favor on/off based on how often people who are in my lobby play in order to get a fair match.

June 25, 2009 10:35:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting chevelleking,
It's amazing how just because people pay money for a product, all decisions should revolve around them

Listening to the playerbase before making decisions will usually decrease the amount of displeased customers getting refunds, and get them more sales on future products.

Also there is so much wrong with most aspects of the game at the moment that everyone who paid money has a right to complain, it feels worse than a beta product in a lot of important areas.

June 25, 2009 12:39:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was starting to enjoy this game too.

Punishing everyone because a handful of people got extra favour is hardly fair.  I got extra favour for the first couple games (about 4 billion), then after that my favour went to zero, I lost all items, and I didn't gain favour for several weeks.  Finally I started gaining favour again and grinded about 50% of the favour items.

Losing them all is seriously NOT FUCKING cool.  Time for a long break from this game.

June 25, 2009 6:16:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Meh, fav items are bugged again. I've played a match in Panth, bought some item, then played a custom match and that fav item was still available for buying and my fav points were intact, like i never bought it before. This is getting absolutely RIDICULOUS. Ffs, i can say now that i HATE fav items, they should make them free for all and be done with them. They are a pain in the ass.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000485   Page Render Time: