The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Favor reset is totally ruined this evening.

By on June 24, 2009 4:59:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whoever had the idea to reset favor:

Well done, you've totally ruined my day. I hope you're happy now.

Morons...

+10 Karma | 90 Replies
June 25, 2009 6:37:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Dead Ghost,
Meh, fav items are bugged again. I've played a match in Panth, bought some item, then played a custom match and that fav item was still available for buying and my fav points were intact, like i never bought it before. This is getting absolutely RIDICULOUS. Ffs, i can say now that i HATE fav items, they should make them free for all and be done with them. They are a pain in the ass.

Indeed.  I highly doubt people would keep playing WOW if their characters were reset back to level 1 at random intervals throughout the day.

The fact that this is apparently intentional is incredulous.  So stupid.

June 25, 2009 8:33:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, because this is a pay-to-play MMO. Excellent comparison.

June 25, 2009 10:53:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whoever had the idea to reset favor:

Well done, you've totally ruined my day. I hope you're happy now.

Morons...

Cry some moar! - TF2 Heavy

June 25, 2009 10:53:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZehDon,
Yes, because this is a pay-to-play MMO. Excellent comparison.

It's something very game effecting (Equipment and levels, or favor items) that you have to spend time playing the game to earn. It's hardly that bad of a comparison.

June 25, 2009 11:12:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually, it's a horrible comparison. With an MMO, you're paying to have a service provide - part of that service are your characters. They'd never be reset. Period. Unless you're confirmed to have progressed through exploiting systems in the game. The Demigod favour point reset isn't even close to this. The closest comparison in the MMO world would be when an expansion pack is released, it performs a Gear Reset as the standards that everyone strives for are raised. Or, when the leaderboards for PvP are reset when a new 'Season' begins, such as the Arena in World of Warcraft.

To the people who are complaining about all of their 'hard work' having gone down the tube - I'm guessing you guys hate playing older games where your character had 'lives'. Run out of lives, and you had to start the game over again. All of that 'hard work' and 'progress' gone down the drain - and, clearly, there's no point playing again because a game isn't something you play for fun, something that you enjoy, it's something to conquer and finish and move on from.

June 25, 2009 11:31:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If more favor items were useful to me I'd probably share your indignation, but let's be honest...  Staff of Renewal, Blood of the Fallen, Blade of the Serpent, and Cloak of Night are the only ones I care about and most people probably never use anything but BotF and the speed anklet.

If you can't stand playing against other players without your favorite favor item just host a few games against comps and get them back that way.  I played a UB game where I set the starting level to 20 and death penalty to the lowest setting and then just went to town for about 30 minutes.  I got about 450 favor points from the achievements I got.

I did the same with regulus and oak and by that time I had enough for the Staff of Renewal, which will tide me over while I do standard games to get my favor back up.

A character in an MMO takes months and years to build up, so it's really not comparable here.

June 25, 2009 11:50:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Dead Ghost,
Meh, fav items are bugged again. I've played a match in Panth, bought some item, then played a custom match and that fav item was still available for buying and my fav points were intact, like i never bought it before. This is getting absolutely RIDICULOUS. Ffs, i can say now that i HATE fav items, they should make them free for all and be done with them. They are a pain in the ass.

yup - fav items do not keep after you purchase... I believe its a known issue, but I haven't heard if they are going to/are addressing it.  Works fine for me ATM... get 2000 favor and I can purchase anything I want, period. 

June 26, 2009 12:01:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't see why they had to reset favor.  Resetting the statistics was to purge the losses-that-were-not-losses from the record.  I don't see what favor had to do with this.

How about this, I had half the Achievements unlocked for demigods I never played. I'm glad they are reset. I'd like to use Favor items I actaully earned through playing...not a bugged/borked system.

June 26, 2009 12:14:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Connatic,

How about this, I had half the Achievements unlocked for demigods I never played. I'm glad they are reset. I'd like to use Favor items I actaully earned through playing...not a bugged/borked system.

Good point, but what about all the shite we actually earned?  I just wish we'd have been informed in advance that with the stat reset, favor would be reset as well.  I'd have taken a week or so away from the game and not taken the time to try to earn more favor.  I truly don't think its the biggest deal in the world, but I think they should have taken the time to address this.  I see all of the pros for doing so but think it was done poorly.  Wouldn't have taken that much effort to make a dev journal about why they are doing this (read - in advance) and then locking that post down.  Anyway... its all moot as what's done is done. 

June 26, 2009 3:07:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As to the WOW comparison. WOW had honor, which was set back several times because of serverside problems correctly logging it. You wouldn't actually lose all gear but many people lost a good deal of honor. Many complained, but I don't remember anyone saying they didn't have fun playing PVP anymore because they lost honor. The "losing all gear" comparison is not correct as in WOW you'd lose 10+ items and gear is 50% of your characters damage.

June 26, 2009 1:49:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pacov,

Good point, but what about all the shite we actually earned?  I just wish we'd have been informed in advance that with the stat reset, favor would be reset as well.  I'd have taken a week or so away from the game and not taken the time to try to earn more favor.  I truly don't think its the biggest deal in the world, but I think they should have taken the time to address this.  I see all of the pros for doing so but think it was done poorly.  Wouldn't have taken that much effort to make a dev journal about why they are doing this (read - in advance) and then locking that post down.  Anyway... its all moot as what's done is done. 

It would have been hard to distinguished the earned from the unearned. It sucks to lose your favor, but, honestly I think we'll just have to get over it. Frogboy said it wouldn't happen again.

June 27, 2009 2:22:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Plus it's not like getting the Favor points saved up was a pain. You get it by playing the game. Playing the game is fun. What's the problem?

June 27, 2009 6:22:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We'll, favor currently being broken (eg rebuy the same item every match) actually resolves my concerns in the meantime... probably the first break/fix (if that's what it is) that's ever done that for me. I'm already up to 2k + favor so I can pretty much purchase anything I want until they fix that.  Like I said, its not a big deal, but would it have killed them to give us some heads up regarding this?  Pretty sure they decided in advance what they were going to do.

June 28, 2009 9:40:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Like I said, its not a big deal, but would it have killed them to give us some heads up regarding this? Pretty sure they decided in advance what they were going to do.

Eh...what would a heads up do? Besdies give someone on the forums a chance to start this thread before the patch was released?

June 28, 2009 11:21:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Or do something else with their time. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000140   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.