The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: Monday update in the works

By on May 11, 2009 10:40:46 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

On Friday we released a new update that included the “breaththru” tech and got great results for those who were having match making issues. It had one logic bug that we’re fixing now (if you can’t connect to 1 person it’ll stop trying to connect to anyone else) which should make a significant difference.  The plan is to get that update up this afternoon (EST).

After today’s update the GPG and Stardock teams will be working on two different things.

The Stardock team has the developer of Raknet here in the office this week to help us improve the NAT facilitation code.  The Impulse team has come up with ways to make Demigod internally a client/server game without having to change Demigod as well as hooking up the game to the proxy servers. 

The GPG team is working on updates to encourage…better behavior by users in terms of dealing with people who disconnect along with some balance changes and some work on the in-game connectivity.

When that happens, we’ll probably release that as v1.01 and start the second epoch (stats reset, player stats reset with access to their first epoch stats in their account). 

This will be the end of the “Beta” patches (for the foreseeable future anyway) though as we don’t want to split the community.

Stay tuned.

+912 Karma | 119 Replies
May 11, 2009 12:30:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

It's already fixed in the beta and thus will be in the release.

I'm having trouble casting penitance on my opponent when I am fleeing him and he is chasing me. If I'm running away and then cast Penitance back at him on the run, my hero just stops and does nothing.

May 11, 2009 12:31:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Will investigate. They're supposed to be fixed.

I have the beta and it's worse for me, specially with Sedna, don't know why.

May 11, 2009 12:35:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Favor Items fixed
Favor points fixed

2) Some people are getting massive favor points values. Obviously way better than not working at so those of you who are getting it enjoy it while you can and I hope I don’t get into any games with you. Should be relatively easy to fix on Monday.

I've definately noticed the massive favor point influx, however, i have noticed that, despite getting all my old "lost" favor items back, i can't keep any new bougth ones.  For example, I bought the Symbol of Purity before, and then in the next game it was gone.  However, i was still charged the favor for the item.

Edit:  Damnitt, i give up trying to make the postl ook good with quote coding and stuff!

May 11, 2009 12:38:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lokideath,

Quoting Frogboy, reply 23

It does appear to be happening far less for me.  Instead of having it happen 5-10 times in a game I am lucky to see itonce.  What ever they did to minimize the occurance was progress but it is still there. 

May 11, 2009 12:54:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

Quoting DalzK, reply 14
Any word on if this fixes the annoying stuck-when-issuing-attack-command? or non-responsiveness when casting skill after issuing attack order? (happens only sometimes but frequent enough to be really annoying right now..)

Would be really cool when they fix it,...u need a really good movement espencially with regulus!

No they wont fix this.

This bug has been in since the start of the beta and they havent even mentioned anything about fixing it.

Was just about to say the same thing.  Needed to be fixed and it is.  People shouldn't be negative and pessimeistic when they are ignorant on a situation.

Edit:  See that some people are still having the problem.  I currently haven't had the problem at all since the beta ptch, but I have only playedf 4 or 5 games as regulus.

May 11, 2009 12:55:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

just for clarification what' going to happen to favor points when/if the patches fix everything? Will they be reset?

May 11, 2009 12:55:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I apologize if this was previously addressed, but are the frequent Fatal Error and Unhandled Exception crashes related to connectivity issues? If so, I assume the latest update which will fix the majority of connection errors will also solve these crashes?

I am generally able to join games and connect to all players quickly and painlessly. My only troubles are when I get computer-freezing crashes described above, usually when attempting to connect to a game or as a game is beginning.

May 11, 2009 12:57:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Three things (I have the beta patch):

- I can't find any games in Skirmish or Pantheon (even after 30-45min of wait, no games are found).

- Concerning favor points : I start each game with 1850 points, always, and I have to rebuy the favor items each game.

- Finally, the most annoying issue for me for the moment : LAG ! It's terribly annoying : I have a 20mbits connection, I live in France, and when I try to play with my friends (all living in France and with decent connections) in 3v3, it lags horribly. Each 3/4 seconds there's a 25ms freeze, sometimes a bigger spike, wich make the game really hard to play.

I tried to play games with other EU players, and I have (and they have) the same problem, with permanent and regular little lag spikes.

This really needs fixing asap.

Keep up the good work, and thanks again for this wonderful game.

May 11, 2009 12:59:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

finaly the end of beta i was getting really sad about it already connections work a charm in beta but you end up looking for a game for 2h+.

May 11, 2009 1:18:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Sythion,

Quoting muusbolla, reply 21

No, they are NOT fixed. Neither of them. I have the beta and I am still experiencing both of these problems.

Seconded. Sorry Frogboy, but it is absolutely not fixed.
ditto, sorry man. (I know you already replied, just wanted to add so that you knew it was more than a single instance) question for the other two posters who mentioned this, Do you play a lot of sedna? Is it happening for other demigods? I do, I may go try another demigod.

May 11, 2009 1:25:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Please fix that attack/ability/stuck demigod bug, that it's still in the latest beta patch. This is what i would call a critical gameplay bug. I'm surprised that Frogboy didn't know about it and thought it's fixed in the beta, as they are numerous posts and threads saying that it's not fixed. I don't want to be rude, but is Frogboy the only one who is keeping an eye on this forums and transmits all the forum feedback to GPG?

May 11, 2009 1:31:01 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Does this patch resolve the fact that after a month or so i still am not able to start up the game?

Not trying to sound mean or anything, it's just starting to get harder

May 11, 2009 1:33:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting theubersmurf,

Quoting Sythion,
reply 22

Quoting muusbolla, reply 21

No, they are NOT fixed. Neither of them. I have the beta and I am still experiencing both of these problems.

Seconded. Sorry Frogboy, but it is absolutely not fixed.ditto, sorry man. (I know you already replied, just wanted to add so that you knew it was more than a single instance) question for the other two posters who mentioned this, Do you play a lot of sedna? Is it happening for other demigods? I do, I may go try another demigod.

I've had it happen with sedna heal, and QoT bramble shield. I've also had an issue with summoning spells where the casting animation goes off, but nothing gets summoned, no cooldown is highlighted, etc. I've also had move/attack commands fail, but that could just be lost UDP packets.

edit: Meant bramble shield, not thorns.

May 11, 2009 1:36:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

@irongekko

You have any Logitech devices?  Especially a webcam?  I had to uninstall it to play

May 11, 2009 1:38:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Heal is bad for me particularly, I can usually fix it by moving a bit first, but it will often fail, often several times in a row...and usually someone ends up dead. hmm, I've been playing exclusively sedna for a while now, which is sort of why I asked.

May 11, 2009 1:42:55 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

How 'bout a nice tunneling now to improve ping?

By tunneling I don't mean portforwarding or router stuff, but connectiong to high-ping players via other players, given that sometimes thet have lowest ping on them. It's been already used in other programs such as Garena and i think Gameradar.

ie: I'm in Spain, player 2 in USA, p3 in Japan. My ping to Japanese guy is 250+, but USA player has 110 on both of us...he could send both his and  japanese's data.

May 11, 2009 1:44:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting pakoito,
How 'bout a nice tunneling now to improve ping?

By tunneling I don't mean portforwarding or router stuff, but connectiong to high-ping players via other players, given that sometimes thet have lowest ping on them. It's been already used in other programs such as Garena and i think Gameradar.

ie: I'm in Spain, player 2 in USA, p3 in Japan. My ping to Japanese guy is 250+, but USA player has 110 on both of us...he could send both his and  japanese's data.

This, once connectivity issues are working acceptably.

May 11, 2009 1:48:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not sure if it helps--

but the attack command still freezing happened with me and Unclean Beast--didn't seem to happen with anyone else in Beta.

May 11, 2009 1:59:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice! First post!

Keep up the great work guys, i´m really looking forward to this patch going live to unite the beta community with the "non-beta" game community again, since its really hard to get a pantheon game going right now with the split communitys!

Also the changes seem to head in the right direction!

Any word on if this fixes the annoying stuck-when-issuing-attack-command? or non-responsiveness when casting skill after issuing attack order? (happens only sometimes but frequent enough to be really annoying right now..)[/quote]

Quoting DalzK,

No they wont fix this.

This bug has been in since the start of the beta and they havent even mentioned anything about fixing it.

[quote who="Frogboy" reply="20" id="2199146"]

does this include the forced stopping when using instant items such as wand of speed?

May 11, 2009 2:14:11 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It seems that the bug where you would click to auto-attack and your DG wouldn't respond is fixed.

There seems to be a seperate bug that makes casting targetable spells uncastable until you move and then recast. This one has not been fixed.

May 11, 2009 2:35:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It does appear to be happening far less for me. Instead of having it happen 5-10 times in a game I am lucky to see itonce. What ever they did to minimize the occurance was progress but it is still there.

i only see it once every couple of games.

May 11, 2009 2:43:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lokideath,

Quoting Frogboy, reply 23

Yeah seriously. Sedna is horrible with it like literally every 5 casts fails. Ive had it fail 5 times in a row b4 to ... on the 6th times of moving .. hitting the skill and clicking the player it finally went off but by then it mine as well not even gone off cuz they had to pot ...

May 11, 2009 2:58:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Frogboy,

I can second this.  I have still gotten the "I can't do that until u tell me to move first" bug quite a few times with the beta. 

May 11, 2009 3:03:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting amasokin,
Three things (I have the beta patch):

- I can't find any games in Skirmish or Pantheon (even after 30-45min of wait, no games are found).

I have the same issue.  I am hoping it will be resolved, figured it was due to the beta nature.

May 11, 2009 3:05:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kisan-,

does this include the forced stopping when using instant items such as wand of speed?

Last I checked, wand of speed still causes you to stop.  That should also be fixed.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000828   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.