The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Unclean Beast to powerful?

By on August 26, 2009 1:23:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It always seems that most players use the unclean beast and are nearly all powerful. I mean when ever i stack my armor it doesnt seem to help against that damn poison spit of his.

Does anyone else feel this way?

+1 Karma | 65 Replies
August 28, 2009 7:33:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JuareZz,
Nerf HP items, or buff dps items. UB is too strong because HP items make him too hard to kill.

All characters can use the sigil.  Do you use the sigil?  (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/360195

I can solo kill a UB early/mid/late game with several different builds.  Any character that is constantly fed kills and knows a halfway decent build will eventually overpower anyone. 

Nerfing HP items won't do all that much to help you as all of the items will still be available to other players.  I don't believe the UB is OP and I certainly don't see a need to nerf HP items to somehow make the beast less powerful.  Just try using sigils... there are still ALOT of people out there who do not. 

August 29, 2009 9:04:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The UB needs to be powerful because he cannot surprise any one. There are several Dgs that can surprise you and then pick up the kill. The UB can just get in your face and survice long enough to slay you where you stand.

Given the fact that this is the UBs role I am surprised to see that UBs power is used as an excuse as to why he should be nerved. If you see an UB, just run. Take the spit damage if you must, but run! Fighting it out toe-to-toe with one of the strongest melee DGs is a mistake unless you have support from a teammate or you know exactly what you are doing.

August 29, 2009 8:42:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nerf HP items, or buff dps items. UB is too strong because HP items make him too hard to kill.
Seriously man, give it up. UB's strength comes from dealing insane damage inside of a stun, reducing HP is NOT going to hurt UB relative to other DGs, it's going to magnify his early fight burst damage.

August 29, 2009 8:45:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The UB needs to be powerful because he cannot surprise any one. There are several Dgs that can surprise you and then pick up the kill. The UB can just get in your face and survice long enough to slay you where you stand.
Name two. Erebus surprises people, everyone else just wades into a fight, which by the way UB is much better at than most with his innate 6.3 speed and his movement speed enhancing skill.

August 30, 2009 6:03:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shurdus,
If you see an UB, just run.

Video game balance at its finest.

August 30, 2009 1:12:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Video game balance at its finest.

lolz

August 31, 2009 6:16:33 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

It always seems that most players use the unclean beast and are nearly all powerful. I mean when ever i stack my armor it doesnt seem to help against that damn poison spit of his.

Does anyone else feel this way?

unclean beast is way to good , his attacks are to powerful

September 18, 2009 7:58:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

He's not OP, just easier to play than the others.

Go ooze, right click, guy dies, talk shit, repeat.

but yeah, if you see ooze, get a wand of speed. run away.

see spit? use level 3 sedna heal, erebus mist, oak shield before a spit, or oak shield lvl 3 after spit to be clear of the dmg. It does it's damage over time, so just don't sit there and take it.  Organzie your team so players that can counter spit are on the beast side of hte map.... and players that are good against ooze are on the beast side of the map etc.

All you need to counter anything in this game is team work, and items.

Overall, erebus is the biggest peice of shit ever, if u want to complain complain about him haha.

P.S. I play random proficiently, every dg is broken in their own way. but lvl 2 bat swarm = thank you for the portal flag - meet my friends the giants. thats a game breaker.... that and at level 1 with priests he can 2v1 the heath flag on cat while your other 2 demis rape their tower and cap their gold mine flag early. oh well. His "balance" is that at higher levels the returns on level gain diminishes. But games wont go to level 20 if you have a decent ereb on your team. plus.... you have oak for that late game shit. I call oak the "game timer" if you don't win by the time oak gets a decent level.... its over. haha hurray DG!

September 18, 2009 8:13:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

see spit? use level 3 sedna heal, erebus mist, oak shield before a spit, or oak shield lvl 3 after spit to be clear of the dmg.

that is wrong. always shield after spit to remove the DoT, it doesnt matter what lvl shield is it will still remove it.

September 18, 2009 10:58:45 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If you can name one other Demigod that has self-stat increases, aoe, dot, speed debuff, movement speed, AND stun... all rolled into one package, than you can make a comparison and say UB is not OP... but until there is one other character that comes even close to being that versatile and that only has to worry about armor/hp stacking all game to hit 9,000 HP in a fight... than I'd say UB is very very very OP. I can't even play UB because it is so OP and easy to play, it is just not any fun.  UB needs to be whacked with the gimp stick and beat with it a few more times while it is down!

September 19, 2009 2:26:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd like to see spit nerfed in damage, but not removable since the current "balance" gives some DGs the short end of the stick (item or eat lots of damage).

Nerf grasp also (probably shorten duration a bit), since ooze/spit still ticking make it imba.

September 19, 2009 3:15:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UB is fine. Every character can be broken, this reminds me of the pyro threads on steam, all noobs do is bitch about the pyro even though it's blatantly clear it is the demo with the balance issues.

September 20, 2009 1:36:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i have played with ub quite a bit, and by playing with him i learned how to kill him. he really isnt that overpowered. if anything, erebus>ub powerwise. and, in my opinion, hybrid UB is the way to go. spit for range and harassing tb/reg, and ooze to farm grunts and ooze for farming grunts and a melee damage boost.

1)ooze

2)spit

3)hold

4)spit and ooze

5)grasp

ot: if you want to get under UB's skin, go with a range character or tower rook. be creative

September 20, 2009 9:25:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I always thought an Oak and LE could easily beat a UB and Sedna combo...

Need to retry tactics methinks

September 20, 2009 10:01:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UB isn't overpowered... he just doesn't need so much micro, and is easier to master. Erebus and generally minion builds will own him easily. So will Sedna, until very late game.

September 20, 2009 11:23:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ntropy,
UB isn't overpowered... he just doesn't need so much micro, and is easier to master. Erebus and generally minion builds will own him easily. So will Sedna, until very late game.

I read a lot os posts on this forum, ntropy, man, u speak the truth a lot bro.

September 20, 2009 11:17:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

agreed.

September 21, 2009 12:36:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erm, Ooze with Post-Mortem and Nature's Reckoning will own an Erebus minion build. In nearly every game I play it's my job as UB to clear out the minions. It's important to get some armor to handle the auto-attack damage from the minions. I ALWAYS take post-mortem at level 6 with all of the minion builds running around. Post-Mortem is the key factor to defeating minion builds. If Post-Mortem stacked with plague, I'd take plague too. UB is a counter to Erebus' minion builds, not the other way around. If anything, Erebus counters spit by misting, but the cd is twice as long. This means every other spit will get through.

Rook can do a decent job of countering UB. In a melee fight, Hammer Slam 4 and God Strength are very dangerous. Slow-stacking Reguluses can do a decent job of countering UB as long as it's a 2v2 fight, and anyone can buy an Orb of Defiance to counter spit. Sedna with priests are a decent counter, too.

September 21, 2009 6:00:23 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UB can only be decently countered by 3 Demigods. Oak, Sedna and Lord Erebus. (3 of the 4 toughest DGs... guess who the other is)

Although QoT can use bramble sheild if she even goes close to UB she is screwed

Regulus doesnt have the health or attack to defend himself even if he sits and shoots from afar

The Rook will have his hammer slam stunned and wont be able to run away although he should be able to defeat a UB 1v1 later on if used with tower and healh stacking

TB... You just have to use him right. Avoid using ring of fire as direct offence as you just let him get to you. Apart from that just stay back and bombard with magic

September 21, 2009 10:37:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HP items are fine, learn to play around them, you are doing it wrong if you try to go toe to toe with a health stacking beast, with ooze and a spit DOT on you. you are asking to be raped, if you have lost like this, you deserve to lose.

September 21, 2009 11:59:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"to" powerful.

September 21, 2009 12:37:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm no pro, so I like to play UB since it´s easier. But I always have problems when I'm against an Ice TB. There was this guy with ice Tb and Poisoned Dagger, I just couldn´t get near him.

Maybe it´s my own fault, I go Spit + Ooze + healt stack, but Ice TB debuffs seems to be able to handle it well.

September 21, 2009 5:22:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

UB IS imba!

ooze + spit + autoattack can reach 500dps at lvl 7. no other dg can mow toons down like ub can.

i mean f*** minion ereb or whatever. sure they can be a pain in the ass sub lvl 7, but after that, if they see uuze/spit ub they run like everyone else.

at this point, i feel obligated to play ub when my teammates dont choose that dg, since otherwise chances of winning are much lower all else being equal.

September 21, 2009 9:35:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The unfortunate thing for arguments about game balanced, is that they are almost always initiated by people with very little credibility or thought.

I mean, UB is one of the best DG's, it may even be he's too powerful.  But when the opening argument is something like "Spit is 2 gud, my armor desn't help!" very little time is spent rebutting the point.

My general opinion is that the Beast/Sedna combo is, or has been, the best, and win more often than any other 2. It is simply a bit more efficient than others. Beast's spit is good, though I think not a game breaker in and of itself.  Combine it with either speed difference gear (Slow them, or speed you) or ooze/grasp control, and I think it is arguable to say that he is better than he ought to be.

Does that mean he wins 100% of the time?  No, but the mid 60's in percentage is generally a substantially larger advantage than it looks.

September 21, 2009 10:01:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I honestly believe rook/EB counters or at least UB/sedna pretty well as long as you don't let them get any early kills.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108436  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.