The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Request: Post-Game

Return to Lobby plz.

By on May 9, 2009 9:03:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As with all the great fixes (including the movement bug after using a skill, woo!) I have a simple request for the multiplayer set-up.

Instead of getting kicked out to the title screen, can we please return to the game lobby with all the same players ready to go for a new match and for post-game banter? It'll make it easier to get another game going again and can strengthen comradre between allies and rivals.

+8 Karma | 28 Replies
May 9, 2009 9:15:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nice idea...

May 9, 2009 9:26:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah good idea.

Keep this bumped for Dev attention.

May 9, 2009 9:32:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Bumping for a GOOD IDEA

+1 karma!

May 9, 2009 9:36:41 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

While we're at it, one other small suggestion: A way for team's in the lobby to talk to eachother without the other team seeing. If we have the same group of people playing together a few ames in a row it would be nice if teams can adjust strategies and/or DG's in private before the game starts.

May 10, 2009 12:02:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

someone already posted this, but still great idea also you kerzain.

May 10, 2009 12:53:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kerzain,
While we're at it, one other small suggestion: A way for team's in the lobby to talk to eachother without the other team seeing. If we have the same group of people playing together a few ames in a row it would be nice if teams can adjust strategies and/or DG's in private before the game starts.

I thought that this was possible already.  I swear to god that I saw somebody do it once, but I didnt know how they did it and I've never really cared enough to try and figure out myself.  Maybe I'm just going insane though.

May 10, 2009 1:00:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also maybe if we could close the score borad that opens after someone wins, cause sometimes i just want to say a couple of things before leaving but i cant cause i cant see the chat through that window.

May 10, 2009 1:10:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is a fantastic idea!

May 10, 2009 5:36:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks for the Karma guys. I did have a brief look over the forum to see if it was already posted and didn't see anything right away.

Also, now this is just wishful thinking, but. Wouldn't it be nice to get a new Demigod every other month? That'd be hot. =D

So yeah, all for going back to a Lobby so we can have rematches with players who were civil and good sports! Might even get more people to make friends on Impulse's new friends list community thing.

May 10, 2009 5:53:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LordCarlos,
Also maybe if we could close the score borad that opens after someone wins, cause sometimes i just want to say a couple of things before leaving but i cant cause i cant see the chat through that window.

Yes this is something that I would like to request. It's very frustrating not to be able to say anything at the end of a game. This is definitely a big UI oversight. Please fix it asap!

This in addition to the OP's suggestion would make it a much improved experience.

May 10, 2009 6:55:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Instead of getting kicked out to the title screen, can we please return to the game lobby with all the same players ready to go for a new match and for post-game banter? It'll make it easier to get another game going again and can strengthen comradre between allies and rivals.
This would be epic! I would like to see this option for Pantheon and skirmish too if possible. I played a very fun game yesterday and was sad when I had no opportunity to chat after the game or offer the other team a rematch.

Needless to say:

May 10, 2009 6:55:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After you guys are done fighting bees and taking a weekend off, please implement this.

May 10, 2009 7:01:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Karma from me too.

This is a great idea and I hope it is given due consideration to be implemented

May 10, 2009 7:37:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good idea! 

May 10, 2009 10:05:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

May 10, 2009 10:24:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tremendous idea, Stardock guys you should be pushing GPG for this (obviously after a few current high priority items) as after game talk builds stronger relationships between players leading to a happier, longer lasting community

June 10, 2009 8:55:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mind if I bump this? As I play more and more I feel this is a big issue/feature that should be added.

June 10, 2009 8:59:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good idea, has been brought up before and commented on by an SD.

i thought chaos was banned? welcome back

June 10, 2009 9:22:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i thought chaos was banned? welcome back

Necrothread.

June 10, 2009 9:38:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ohh heh didnt look at the dates lol... i feel retarded.. guess i'll fit in with all the other forum trolls.

June 10, 2009 10:41:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

unban chaos and give his game back for free plz.

June 10, 2009 11:07:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thias is a great idea. Another small suggestion: Could chat lay on top of stats, instead of underneath it? Post game banter is often obscured by the scoreboard.

June 10, 2009 11:21:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It'd be nice to have as something inside Game Options so you could choose to have it happen or not. 

June 10, 2009 11:32:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think this would be a great feature. 

June 10, 2009 11:54:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nice idea

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000672   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.