The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Fences 2 beta demo video

By on June 6, 2012 6:39:52 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1478

This is my first shot at demoing Fences.  It also gives you an idea of just how compelling the new features are.

Locked Post 25 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 6, 2012 6:51:30 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Very nice Ideas

June 6, 2012 7:00:23 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Looks Good.

June 6, 2012 7:04:34 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Very nice upgrades to an all ready usefull program. 

June 6, 2012 7:05:15 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

The advantages of two screens on one. Finally get my shops organized. Pictures and files too. Excellent.

June 6, 2012 7:49:22 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Loving the idea of 'pages'. I'm also using xWidget which also have 'pages'.

But how will Fences' 'pages' work on a multi monitor setup?

I have Fences spread two different monitors (xWidget on a third).

June 6, 2012 8:48:30 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

WOW !! Can't wait ! This is going to be so handy when working on my skinning projects , won't have to click a zillion times to get to a particular folder or app.                 --- Ace ---

June 6, 2012 9:03:21 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I use Fences on multiple monitors. You can drag fences between them freely and move pages between them. Think of it like a book.

June 6, 2012 9:10:31 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Blends a Tiles feature there too. Well done.

June 6, 2012 9:20:50 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Will it be possible to set the 'pages' to up/down the monitor instead of left/right?

I have a bunch of (OD+) docks set as drawers at the right of my screen which is going to make left/right movement a bit tricky...

June 6, 2012 9:30:47 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I have a bunch of (OD+) docks set as drawers at the right of my screen which is going to make left/right movement a bit tricky...
Oh . .I don't think you'll have any issues considering  all the different ways to switch "pages" 

June 6, 2012 9:39:33 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Cool, thanks..

June 7, 2012 12:53:46 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

WOW!!  The page thing is freekin Sweet. 

June 7, 2012 7:06:57 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

WOW!!! I love these new features!!      Just thought I'd ask, do these new features work also on XP?  

June 7, 2012 7:25:39 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Will there be a beta download available, like it was with WindowFX5? I really cant wait to have Fences 2!

June 7, 2012 8:26:02 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

News about the beta will be coming soon.

June 7, 2012 11:16:29 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

-

June 7, 2012 11:23:03 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

I love the "Pages" idea too. I am really looking forward to the Beta2. I have been using Fences since the very first Beta:

http://www.wincustomize.com/explore/screenshots/23667/

and I could not imagine having a computer without Fences.

I repair - rebuild (and the sort) a lot of computers. I always add Fences for everyone. Those that knew nothing about Fences love the program. Those that I had previously introduced Fences to insist that I install it again. Several college students have told me that it really helps them stay organized with their classes and studies. Of course this interaction gives me the opportunity to introduce Stardock and all of its other wonderful products.

I am really enjoying FX5 too.

June 7, 2012 11:36:24 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Looking good.  The file view is something that's been sorely needed.  No more drilling to places you've already drilled to before a dozen times with Windows Explorer!

Now, got a burning question. How will it perform on a notebook like the Samsung N150 Plus?

June 8, 2012 8:21:48 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Quoting MarvinKosh,
Now, got a burning question. How will it perform on a notebook like the Samsung N150 Plus?
It should work like a dream.

June 9, 2012 9:28:54 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

Looking forward to the Beta with "bated" breath! This is gonna rock!

June 10, 2012 11:56:26 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums
The pages thing reminds me of the Android canvas, except it'll be much more useful on a desktop.
June 12, 2012 2:34:55 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

When will it be available?  Are you going to release a beta version on  control center for those of us who like to try the beta?  Looks like a very good thing; I would like to get away from the start menu; I have vision problems and the start menu, for some reason I haven't bothered to figure out, is very hard for me to see on some windowblinds setups.  I also have other handicaps which prevent me from spending as much time as I'd like to at the computer, so I depend heavily on things like Fences with different Windoblinds skins, usually darker skins which allow me to have a lot of contrast between letters and backgrounds, among other things....anyway, I am very grateful to Stardock for such wonderful products.  My preferences are like yours I believe, in that I do not like anything on my desktop -- usually -- but when I want stuff there, Fences has been an excellent way to pop them onto the desktop, then remove them when I am done with the desktop.  I have been using a "kludge" using Fences and two monitors, where I have a "bunch of" clusters of different fences which I put on my laptop monitor until I need them, then double click my desktop and drag sets of fences from it to the Dell 23" monitor I mostly use (IPS on that one is absolutely breathtaking!).  This is just barely better than not doing anything at all, but Fences2 appears to be the solution I have been waiting for, with its ability to have pages of Fences; now I won't have to make pseudo-pages on my smaller screen to slide over to my big screen when I need them etc.  So, you can see why I am impatient now that I have seen what fences2 will do for me!  I have been an Object Desktop subscriber since day one, which is the ONLY subscription I have ever kept more than one year!  Keep creating new and better products and versions, please.  You make life richer for people like me!

Larry Holmes

NOTE: Have you noticed what happens when you have a typo which leaves out the "n" in "fences"?  I just did and it gave me quite a good laugh, but it could be embarassing in some cases.  Just sayin'....)

June 13, 2012 4:06:25 PM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

With the addition of pages, I may begin to use fences more than just to toggle away desktop icons as I do now.  I can see replacing my OD+ nested stack docklet with fences I can easily shove to the side when not in use.  There would be too many for one desktop, which is why I don't just do that now.  The pages will expand my desktop real estate!

July 27, 2012 9:21:50 AM from WinCustomize Forums WinCustomize Forums

i agree with everyone Fences 2 is gonna rock. love the idea of the pages  

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000250   Page Render Time: