The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] CrazyTown Package ver 0.8

By on August 19, 2010 10:35:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

CrazyTown is now a complete package and ver 0.8 is available here.

What do I mean by complete package? It includes other important mods to let you hit the ground running and have fun. If you want to play multiplayer, you're good to go without sorting through the cause of invalid gamestates. If you want to play singleplayer, skirmish AIs can let you try out the changes.

Inside
Enhanced AI with many new builds specific to crazytown
Enhanced UI Mod Package
Occulus Bugfixes from Uberfix

Many thanks to the modders who put these mods together- Ptarth, miriyaka, pacov, peppe, Bman, Chairmaya and Gunblob

*********************** Demigod Changes ver 0.8 ********************************************

Version 0.8 is a performance enhancement release. Mod files are trimmed down as much as possible to prevent unnecessary overwrites when the game loads.

DA
Base Speed 6.3
Warp strike is an interrupt
Elusiveness:  +5 to vision radius
Elusiveness Demon Speed Synergy: 1 point of Elusiveness protects 1 point of Demon's Speed from being snareable
Demon Speed = 5% Attack Speed per Level
Warp Area 1 = 350 damage, warp area II = 600 damage

QoT
Entourage: +10 damage + 100 armor +5% attack speed / level
Siege Damage = 750, 1250, 1750, 2250, Siege range = 25, Siege Cost = 400
Spike Wave Damage 400,650,900 wave 3 = 10 cooldown from 15
Mulch explosion is 0.5 seconds from trigger
Compost Damage Buff Progression = 6,12,18,36,54

Reg
DeadEye: Activated on Snipe
Impedance Bolt: Activated on Snipe
Mark of the Betrayer: Interrupt on Application
Scope Adds 8/12/16 to vision Radius
Fury Adds 5% movement speed when active
Maim Lasts 4 seconds

TB
Ice Nova Stun 1.3, 2.3, 3.3 seconds, transition delay set to 0.3 from 0.6, for a net stun of 1,2,3 seconds.
Snare on Frost Nova scales properly to be in effect for 4 seconds after the freeze is done on a demi-god
Frost Nova Will Interrupt a hero (cooldown is reset on skill / item if interrupted)
Transition to fire mode movement the same as ice mode now
Fire Nova Blinds for 3/4/5 seconds.

Sedna
Yetis: Damage +30 / level, Life + 400 / level
Inner Grace: 5% / 10% / 15% dodge
Life's Child = Proc on 50% life

Unclean Beast
Bestial Wrath Duration = 10
Unrelenting Wrath Duration = 15
Plague 1 = 20 Damage
Plague 2 = 30 Damage

Oak
Rally: Duration 10 seconds, so 2000 health and longer armor bonus.
Soul Power II & III = +5%, +10% attack speed

Rook:
Poison Arrow = slow 15%

LE:
Poison Blood II = 30 health per second

Occ- Ball Lightning
Cost 250, 375, 500, 625
Damage 35,70,105,140

****************** Item Changes

Duelist's: 2000
Armor of Vengeance: 2250
Crusader: 2500 + 3% chance
Groffling: 5% chance

Plate Visor: 50% mana
Theurgists's Hat: 15% chance, +100% mana
Vinling Helmet: 2500 gold +100% mana

Footman's Sabatons: 200 Armor
Assassin's Foot guards: 1250 gold
Iron Walkers: +600 Armor 1750 gold, speed trigger is 5.3
Desperate Boots: 2250: Health is under 50% - Dodge is +25%, speed is +10%

Wyrmskin: 750 gold
Gauntlet's of Despair: 600 gold
Slayers Wraps: 1750 gold
DoomSpite Grips: 2750, Cleave Size = 1.8, Proc Chance 50%
Fell-Darkur: 2750

Forestband = 550
Warlord's Punisher: 1750, CastItem animation= 1 sec (was incorrectly set at 2), Range 20
Twig of Life: 2250
Ring of the Ancients: 1750 Effect is a friendly DG aura
WarpStone: Instant: Cost 2750
Magus Rod 2250
Blood Stone Ring 1500

****************** Favor Changes

Goggles- Ranged Special effect Proc Rates the same as melee, 25% chance to do 25% critical hit
Magical Coin Purse: +2 gold per tick
Charm of life: Regen Aura = +10 health / second
Brillant Bauble- 15% XP bonus aura
Symbol of Purity: Heal 500 on use
Staff of the Warmage: +100% mana per second
Diamond Pendant- -10% cooldown is an aura
Amulet of Teleportation: Cooldown = 30
Cape of Mana: Cool Down = 30
Saam-El's cape: +10% speed
Wings of the Seraphim: Cool Down = 30

Poison Dagger: +15% attack speed
Mard's Hammer: +400 armor, +50 damage
Essence of Magic: Timer = 5
Furious Blade: 50% Cleave Attack, 10% attack speed

Totem of War: +20 damage; Aura All nearby allies: +5 damage +10% attack rate, +5% movement
Tome of Endurance +600 Life. +10 regen
Pendant of Grace" +5% movement, +5% attack speed
Blood Soaked Wand: 1 second cast, 30 second refresh

Angels
Damage = 90
Target Priority List 1: Cata 2: Hero 3: Everything

+39 Karma | 103 Replies
August 23, 2010 2:13:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_DD-shred_demon,

Quoting OMG_Epiphenomenon, reply 47I feel like the Amulet of Teleportation should be balanced by reducing the cooldown othe teleport. Giving it the cooldown of a teleport scroll makes it competitive with BotF.

agreed

This was one of the starting places... but really, what is amulet of teleportation giving you? Free TPs worth 250 a shot? 1 Free item slot? What are you giving up for this? More life (survivability) or more skill use (damage output). These are the favor items that are useable.

Aside from compensating for slow ass Rook, it's a marginal economic advantage. It allows you to TP about early game when you shouldn't be blowing TPs in favor of buying gear... but that quickly runs out when your enemy has 5 slots of the mainstay items and a good favor item and everyone can afford to be carrying TP scrolls for ganks/saves. At this point the enemy hands you your ass everytime you meet him because you are outgeared.

If you want to go the route, get Coin Purse, at least that allows you to gear up faster and buy cit upgrades.

So... from there, we have the line of thinking... well, what is good about normal TPs though? TPing in for ganks/saves! If we combine the above advantages with just a few improvements to the gank/save usage, we have an item that compliments the 2on1s in the typical 3on3 matches. We can go it one further and give it a dodge bonus for DGs with accessible dodge skills. (DA and Sedna now... dark light theme of gank vs save).

We end up with an item that gives you an advantage when performing ganks/saves that nobody else can do quite as fast.... but you pay for it. less life / damage output. Amulet of TP will not let you hold a lane against a DG geared for this, equally.

August 23, 2010 2:50:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

In its current form, Amulet is one of the worst items early and mid game, but one of the better ones end game. (also, it's really good on Mandala all the time Levi it is better on as well).

The reason Amulet is awesome is because you save so much ports, and you save an item slot that you can purchase Orb of Defiance with the money you've saved. 500 HP + 500 Armor + on-demand invul >>> 800 HP, 5 hps

The cooldown being too long is its major downfall. Dropping that to normal would go a long way.

I'm still concerned about minions being too powerful though .-.

August 24, 2010 8:48:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,

I'm still concerned about minions being too powerful though .-.

This is something real and good players need to expose with a few games. My lan buds are not tier 2+ players, but are decent enough to show that a minion build is not too strong but definitely not too weak like ODG. (Oak's problem is that his fly so he can attack all over the place, so he has a special problem)

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,
In its current form, Amulet is one of the worst items early and mid game, but one of the better ones end game. (also, it's really good on Mandala all the time Levi it is better on as well).

The reason Amulet is awesome is because you save so much ports, and you save an item slot that you can purchase Orb of Defiance with the money you've saved. 500 HP + 500 Armor + on-demand invul >>> 800 HP, 5 hps

The cooldown being too long is its major downfall. Dropping that to normal would go a long way.

It is a possibility, but I always figured from a 'fluff' sort of perspective, devices should be alot faster to use then a scroll. eg: I grasp the amulet around my neck and think where I want to teleport to vs. I unroll a parchment, read it, and am whisked away when I am done.

Amulet is plenty awesome as it is in CrasyTown (might be too good, so I will drop the cast time down), but as it is, if you need an emergency warp during amulet cooldown, you can still buy a TP. I do this a couple of times each game when I am rook 1vs1 on Crucible in ODG.

August 24, 2010 10:27:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Er, both the Amulet and scrolls use a shared cooldown, as of one of the first patches.  Unless you changed that in this mod.

August 24, 2010 10:34:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting miriyaka,
Er, both the Amulet and scrolls use a shared cooldown, as of one of the first patches.  Unless you changed that in this mod.

Yes, if you use amulet, TP scroll goes on cooldown too and vice versa, but the amulet cooldown is longer, so a TP scroll will be ready before amulet is off cooldown.

August 24, 2010 9:07:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

They each still get their own timer?  I hadn't realized that.  I recall buying a scroll once while waiting for the amulet cooldown, and it was the same cooldown time as the amulet, but I guess that's not the case if you have a scroll in inventory already.

August 25, 2010 11:00:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The reason I know that a 30 sec cooldown on the Teleport Ammy is an excellent idea is because I made a mod for it once. The teleport amulet has significant rewards for players that have good map awareness. The more you pay attention to what is going on the more valuable it becomes. In comparison, BotF is rather boring in this regard. It doesn't reward you for paying better attention. Just giving AoT dodge doesn't add anything to gameplay.

A reduced cooldown doesn't just make it more powerful; it makes the game more exciting. Back before everyone figured out health stacking, I had /tons/ of fun playing teleport amulet Rook. Let me tell you, it's about 10 times more exciting than BotF Rook. The only reason I stopped playing it on 3v3 Cat was because BotF gave me too much staying power. When I reduced the cooldown to 30 secs it was easily a viable build again.

Free teleportation doesn't just "save you money" like a coin purse. It allows you to teleport at times when you'd never really consider doing it otherwise. I can teleport to make sure I never miss a creep wave. I can do a 3-man push down a lane because I know in a moment's notice I can teleport to the other side. I can use it as a ghetto potion and teleport back to heal. Shoot, if all of my teammates get it we can all teleport to one side of the map, rape that side, then teleport back to the other side. It doubles your mobility and makes all sorts of crazy stuff possible. It really does change the gameplay; it doesn't just save you money on teleports.

Also, from a "fluff" standpoint, reading a scroll versus grabbing an amulet should increase the cast time, not the cooldown time, so there should be no problem reducing the cooldown from the "fluff" standpoint.

I've also modded in a teleport amulet that allowed people to teleport to opponent's flags and/or buildings. That was fun if not extremely hard to balance.

August 25, 2010 12:42:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_Epiphenomenon,
The reason I know that a 30 sec cooldown on the Teleport Ammy is an excellent idea is because I made a mod for it once. The teleport amulet has significant rewards for players that have good map awareness. The more you pay attention to what is going on the more valuable it becomes. In comparison, BotF is rather boring in this regard. It doesn't reward you for paying better attention. Just giving AoT dodge doesn't add anything to gameplay.

A reduced cooldown doesn't just make it more powerful; it makes the game more exciting. Back before everyone figured out health stacking, I had /tons/ of fun playing teleport amulet Rook. Let me tell you, it's about 10 times more exciting than BotF Rook. The only reason I stopped playing it on 3v3 Cat was because BotF gave me too much staying power. When I reduced the cooldown to 30 secs it was easily a viable build again.

Free teleportation doesn't just "save you money" like a coin purse. It allows you to teleport at times when you'd never really consider doing it otherwise. I can teleport to make sure I never miss a creep wave. I can do a 3-man push down a lane because I know in a moment's notice I can teleport to the other side. I can use it as a ghetto potion and teleport back to heal. Shoot, if all of my teammates get it we can all teleport to one side of the map, rape that side, then teleport back to the other side. It doubles your mobility and makes all sorts of crazy stuff possible. It really does change the gameplay; it doesn't just save you money on teleports.

Also, from a "fluff" standpoint, reading a scroll versus grabbing an amulet should increase the cast time, not the cooldown time, so there should be no problem reducing the cooldown from the "fluff" standpoint.

I've also modded in a teleport amulet that allowed people to teleport to opponent's flags and/or buildings. That was fun if not extremely hard to balance.

All of the arguments made so far by everyone are good, and since I a trying to 'unsuck' a few of the item options in the trinket shop, there should be more mid game options for using amulet of TP. eg: Carry around wand X + Flag Lock and Sigil

August 25, 2010 1:31:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ugh, so my intahwebs is cut off again.

Will let ya'll know when I get it back, I wanna work with this!

August 30, 2010 2:30:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is there any reason that every demigod except Oculus gets a little improvement?  I'm not meaning his awesome skills that really don't need a buff. I mean the dodgy ones like Sacrifice (meh...), Lightning Blast (does this even work?) and ball lightning (would be nice if it had a use other than tower fodder before having 5 points in it when it suddenly becomes EPIC!!!).

August 30, 2010 4:02:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_DD-shred_demon,
Is there any reason that every demigod except Oculus gets a little improvement?  I'm not meaning his awesome skills that really don't need a buff. I mean the dodgy ones like Sacrifice (meh...), Lightning Blast (does this even work?) and ball lightning (would be nice if it had a use other than tower fodder before having 5 points in it when it suddenly becomes EPIC!!!).

He is going to need alot of work, and the other stuff was pretty trivial to implement so was done first. (just lots of easy changes).

But... this doesn't stop me from asking an opinion on this idea for Occ before I try.
I really want ball lightning to work as it was intended... to be able to pop into exsistnce anywhere in the summoning circle, instead of right next to occ... but this is real work with heavy balance considerations.

August 30, 2010 10:43:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not sure why you think that was intended, and it would be incredibly difficult to balance when combined with their death explosion ability (as they could be summoned across gaps to quick-kill towers).  However, from the code, it's obvious that they did want the lightning to advance / attack move toward the selected position, which they do not do because the wrong method was used.  That's why they're retarded and just sit there when there are no targets within a very short range.

The Uberfix 1.03 RC already has this fixed, and they work significantly better when you can just quick-summon them with an attack move target, and forget about them (unless through some miracle they actually win and survive).

Balance-wise, this change would greatly benefit from a longer targeting range (35-40 from uh, like 20 or whatever it is now) so they can be commanded to advance from a decent distance.  They also need a bit more speed, and either some DPS or HP (or a little of both), because they have none of either right now.

Also agree that Sacrifice and Lightning Blast need big boosts.  LB's proc should hit a lot more often, maybe for a little less damage, so it actually adds some consistent DPS to your minions and the grunts around you.

August 31, 2010 9:24:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting miriyaka,
I'm not sure why you think that was intended, and it would be incredibly difficult to balance when combined with their death explosion ability (as they could be summoned across gaps to quick-kill towers).  However, from the code, it's obvious that they did want the lightning to advance / attack move toward the selected position, which they do not do because the wrong method was used.  That's why they're retarded and just sit there when there are no targets within a very short range.

The Uberfix 1.03 RC already has this fixed, and they work significantly better when you can just quick-summon them with an attack move target, and forget about them (unless through some miracle they actually win and survive).

Balance-wise, this change would greatly benefit from a longer targeting range (35-40 from uh, like 20 or whatever it is now) so they can be commanded to advance from a decent distance.  They also need a bit more speed, and either some DPS or HP (or a little of both), because they have none of either right now.

Also agree that Sacrifice and Lightning Blast need big boosts.  LB's proc should hit a lot more often, maybe for a little less damage, so it actually adds some consistent DPS to your minions and the grunts around you.

Because there is a reticle like rooks towers, but it is very large, and simply moving them is also easily accomplished. Probably another bad balance decision that crippled a line of skills. eg: Stardock simply removes things without rebalancing them. Look at ring of the ancients, and DA's removed inivisibility abilities. Result: Crazy underpowered things after being "fixed". The design concept for OCC was a stand-off-ish demigod. Ball lightning also has limited duration.

August 31, 2010 5:15:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, but there's actual code in that ability for moving / autoattacking the ball lightning, and it simply doesn't work properly.  It's a huge stretch to say they were meant to teleport just because they have a reticule, when the reticule is currently used (if the code worked) for expediting their attack runs, which does make sense because of their limited lifetime and disposability vs normal minions.

They just need an actual attack move command, a longer command range, and more speed.  With ~7 base speed they could easily move to engage anything within a reasonable range, without the huge and obvious balance problems that come with teleporting 1600 AE damage plus their weapon damage anywhere instantly at level 15.   If you really don't think they live long enough, extend their lifetimes to 30s from 20.  Occulus does not need another long-range mega-damage nuke ability, he already has too many of those.

August 31, 2010 6:37:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting miriyaka,
Yes, but there's actual code in that ability for moving / autoattacking the ball lightning, and it simply doesn't work properly.  It's a huge stretch to say they were meant to teleport just because they have a reticule, when the reticule is currently used (if the code worked) for expediting their attack runs, which does make sense because of their limited lifetime and disposability vs normal minions.

They just need an actual attack move command, a longer command range, and more speed.  With ~7 base speed they could easily move to engage anything within a reasonable range, without the huge and obvious balance problems that come with teleporting 1600 AE damage plus their weapon damage anywhere instantly at level 15.   If you really don't think they live long enough, extend their lifetimes to 30s from 20.  Occulus does not need another long-range mega-damage nuke ability, he already has too many of those.

OK... so that brings us to the question, why build such limitations into a unit?

I suppose if you want to argue that you should not be able to control them (basically a fire and forget unit like rook towers, except they are on move attack to their target, then they just hover there).

Honestly, I would rather just have them summon like other minions instead of having to click twice to make them have a built in auto-attack which I will countermand probably the instant I cast them.

To also be clear, in my "summon anywhere" scenario, you do not get to control them... you summon them into existence and they auto-attack the closest target.

August 31, 2010 8:59:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Control isn't the problem with the long-range summoning, it's the fact that they can be made to do insane damage with the explosive death ability.  Remove or re-appropriate that, and then I can see the point-summoning being potentially balanced.

Also, making them non-controllable necessitates removing minion bonuses from them, and remember how terrible they were before they got minion bonuses.

Comparing them to Rook's towers is also silly, because they share absolutely nothing in common with them, while they are actually almost identical to normal general summons - they can move, be manually commanded, receive minion bonuses and aura buffs, and summon in the same groupings as all other general summons.  Nevermind that Rook's towers can't be summoned 20-25 units away.  It's a melee-range ability.

You should use the fixed attack move before you make a judgment about how useless it is.  Considering their limitations with respect to other minions, and how they need to be constantly re-summoned, I found the attack move to be an extremely convenient thing, especially when combined with a long ability range.  Summon them toward a tower or a creep wave, and go on about your business.  By the time you would need to micro them, they're either dead or expired.

September 1, 2010 10:01:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting miriyaka,
Control isn't the problem with the long-range summoning, it's the fact that they can be made to do insane damage with the explosive death ability.  Remove or re-appropriate that, and then I can see the point-summoning being potentially balanced.

Also, making them non-controllable necessitates removing minion bonuses from them, and remember how terrible they were before they got minion bonuses.

Comparing them to Rook's towers is also silly, because they share absolutely nothing in common with them, while they are actually almost identical to normal general summons - they can move, be manually commanded, receive minion bonuses and aura buffs, and summon in the same groupings as all other general summons.  Nevermind that Rook's towers can't be summoned 20-25 units away.  It's a melee-range ability.

You should use the fixed attack move before you make a judgment about how useless it is.  Considering their limitations with respect to other minions, and how they need to be constantly re-summoned, I found the attack move to be an extremely convenient thing, especially when combined with a long ability range.  Summon them toward a tower or a creep wave, and go on about your business.  By the time you would need to micro them, they're either dead or expired.

Honestly that makes little sense.

Summoning them for attack move takes 2 clicks. It takes 4 if you want to include all your minions and pick a target or issue an attack move.
Summoning normal Minions and issuing an attack move takes 2 clicks, and you attack with all your minions and can pick a target if you want. They will also automatically engage close enemies if you do not issue them any orders.

It is not useful, and I honestly don't see it having been designed that way intentionally. There is something missing in the way that ball lightning were meant to behave or they wouldn't have gone through all that trouble to make a broken skill.

September 1, 2010 3:18:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Even if you're using the special summon select key, it still saves at least 2 clicks and a decent amount of time.  It also means they're advancing the instant you summon them, and you don't have to change your current selection.

You're still dancing around the core issue, which is that they'd be completely overpowered (making Occulus insanely overpowered given all his other abilities) if they could be distance-summoned with explosive end.  They're plenty useful when they're made fast enough and damaging enough and you don't ever have to micro them.

Lots of games have lots of broken things.  Occulus was a free addon for a game that had already been out for months that wasn't selling well or receiving much hype, made by a developer who was already focusing 100% of its attention on another game.  Several of his abilities do not work correctly, due to lack of testing / support, but it's always obvious from the code and the description what they were meant to do.

I can assure you, from a programming perspective, that it would be incredibly trivial to have made the ball lightning behave like Rook's towers - a lot easier than getting them to attack move upon summon.  Yet they otherwise behave like normal minions, not Rook towers, and nowhere in the code or the description is it ever implied that they should teleport in at range, and in fact there's a whole lot of evidence to support the contrary (including the attack speed aura they're supposed to have, but don't - if they were meant to be suicidal long-range bombs, that is not something that would have ever made it into their design).

The same is true of DA's supposed invisibility abilities - impossible to balance, and the game doesn't support invisibility well at all.  It didn't work well in FA, and in Demigod they still haven't changed the 'feature' of the moho engine that allows units to pursue their targets even when they don't have viz on them, thus invalidating cloak/invis - if you don't believe me, go look at the 30+ page thread in the FA mod support forums and look at all the insane things we're STILL trying to do to get cloaking to work right.

September 3, 2010 10:38:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting miriyaka,
Even if you're using the special summon select key, it still saves at least 2 clicks and a decent amount of time.  It also means they're advancing the instant you summon them, and you don't have to change your current selection.

You're still dancing around the core issue, which is that they'd be completely overpowered (making Occulus insanely overpowered given all his other abilities) if they could be distance-summoned with explosive end.  They're plenty useful when they're made fast enough and damaging enough and you don't ever have to micro them.

Lots of games have lots of broken things.  Occulus was a free addon for a game that had already been out for months that wasn't selling well or receiving much hype, made by a developer who was already focusing 100% of its attention on another game.  Several of his abilities do not work correctly, due to lack of testing / support, but it's always obvious from the code and the description what they were meant to do.

I can assure you, from a programming perspective, that it would be incredibly trivial to have made the ball lightning behave like Rook's towers - a lot easier than getting them to attack move upon summon.  Yet they otherwise behave like normal minions, not Rook towers, and nowhere in the code or the description is it ever implied that they should teleport in at range, and in fact there's a whole lot of evidence to support the contrary (including the attack speed aura they're supposed to have, but don't - if they were meant to be suicidal long-range bombs, that is not something that would have ever made it into their design).

The same is true of DA's supposed invisibility abilities - impossible to balance, and the game doesn't support invisibility well at all.  It didn't work well in FA, and in Demigod they still haven't changed the 'feature' of the moho engine that allows units to pursue their targets even when they don't have viz on them, thus invalidating cloak/invis - if you don't believe me, go look at the 30+ page thread in the FA mod support forums and look at all the insane things we're STILL trying to do to get cloaking to work right.

I will try your ball lightning fix for the next version. Thanks for that in the test version of uberfix.

September 4, 2010 12:36:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's especially nice once you have explosive end, some serious mana regen, and a celerity flag + cooldown item.  You can basically use them as two-click fire-and-forget mobile bombs that will almost assuredly explode on something, especially if you have some minion speed items as well.

January 29, 2011 9:49:05 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

** Start of Version 7 Discussion waypoint **

February 3, 2011 3:33:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ver 6 Favor Item things to try that are fun (let me be your tour guide)

1) Diamond Pendant + Staff of renewal on a lane pair of DGs.
2) Furious Blade DA / Besital Wrath UB with furious blade
3) Brilliant Bauble DG paired with Rook for health side lane.
4) Yeti / Shambler builds using Staff of the warmage
5) Pure Open QoT (think of yourself as mobile artillery support) with cape of mana (close when you use this)
6) Any ranged DG with goggles
7) Shield support QoT with wings of the seraphim or cape of mana
8) 1v1 Crucible + Coin Purse with Reg / QoT / DA vs a real demigod

February 13, 2011 11:17:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

New things to play with in ver7

1) Firenova reduces vision range for 3/4/5 seconds

Basically, when you are blinded you can see only right infront of you.

The idea is for this to be a way for squishy fireTB to be able to avoid return damage( eg. a spit) At the beginning of the battle it probably wont make a difference because the UB has already ordered the spit on you. (think reg sniping after you disappear into the mist). However, now start counting the spit refresh. When it's time for another spit, blind, fireball and withdraw. If he can't see you, he can't spit on you.

2) Angels targeting CATA primary.

Think when cata are put into play and the enemy is not WarRank 8 yet, but can field angels.
If you don't escort your waves, eventually there is a pretty big buildup of angels. After 3,4 waves, they become a significant threat to unescorted cata. eg: Your cata eventually push to their towers, and with 6+ angels dive bombing them, they go down pretty quick.

February 13, 2011 4:30:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

hey - quick thought in case you don't already have something like this in your code:  check my enhanced ui mod's mod_info.lua file.  At miri's suggestion, I added a few lines of code so that you couldn't have the original ui mods active if you were using my version.  As you are using a customized version of the enhanced AI, you could make it so that no one could have the current enhanced AI loaded if your mod is loaded.  Just a thought in case you don't already have that in place. 

February 13, 2011 5:29:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is also now completely incompatible with the UberFix, and will overwrite all of the UberFix's changes and break most if not all of its UI support additions.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000671   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.