The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[MOD] CrazyTown Package ver 0.8

By on August 19, 2010 10:35:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

CrazyTown is now a complete package and ver 0.8 is available here.

What do I mean by complete package? It includes other important mods to let you hit the ground running and have fun. If you want to play multiplayer, you're good to go without sorting through the cause of invalid gamestates. If you want to play singleplayer, skirmish AIs can let you try out the changes.

Inside
Enhanced AI with many new builds specific to crazytown
Enhanced UI Mod Package
Occulus Bugfixes from Uberfix

Many thanks to the modders who put these mods together- Ptarth, miriyaka, pacov, peppe, Bman, Chairmaya and Gunblob

*********************** Demigod Changes ver 0.8 ********************************************

Version 0.8 is a performance enhancement release. Mod files are trimmed down as much as possible to prevent unnecessary overwrites when the game loads.

DA
Base Speed 6.3
Warp strike is an interrupt
Elusiveness:  +5 to vision radius
Elusiveness Demon Speed Synergy: 1 point of Elusiveness protects 1 point of Demon's Speed from being snareable
Demon Speed = 5% Attack Speed per Level
Warp Area 1 = 350 damage, warp area II = 600 damage

QoT
Entourage: +10 damage + 100 armor +5% attack speed / level
Siege Damage = 750, 1250, 1750, 2250, Siege range = 25, Siege Cost = 400
Spike Wave Damage 400,650,900 wave 3 = 10 cooldown from 15
Mulch explosion is 0.5 seconds from trigger
Compost Damage Buff Progression = 6,12,18,36,54

Reg
DeadEye: Activated on Snipe
Impedance Bolt: Activated on Snipe
Mark of the Betrayer: Interrupt on Application
Scope Adds 8/12/16 to vision Radius
Fury Adds 5% movement speed when active
Maim Lasts 4 seconds

TB
Ice Nova Stun 1.3, 2.3, 3.3 seconds, transition delay set to 0.3 from 0.6, for a net stun of 1,2,3 seconds.
Snare on Frost Nova scales properly to be in effect for 4 seconds after the freeze is done on a demi-god
Frost Nova Will Interrupt a hero (cooldown is reset on skill / item if interrupted)
Transition to fire mode movement the same as ice mode now
Fire Nova Blinds for 3/4/5 seconds.

Sedna
Yetis: Damage +30 / level, Life + 400 / level
Inner Grace: 5% / 10% / 15% dodge
Life's Child = Proc on 50% life

Unclean Beast
Bestial Wrath Duration = 10
Unrelenting Wrath Duration = 15
Plague 1 = 20 Damage
Plague 2 = 30 Damage

Oak
Rally: Duration 10 seconds, so 2000 health and longer armor bonus.
Soul Power II & III = +5%, +10% attack speed

Rook:
Poison Arrow = slow 15%

LE:
Poison Blood II = 30 health per second

Occ- Ball Lightning
Cost 250, 375, 500, 625
Damage 35,70,105,140

****************** Item Changes

Duelist's: 2000
Armor of Vengeance: 2250
Crusader: 2500 + 3% chance
Groffling: 5% chance

Plate Visor: 50% mana
Theurgists's Hat: 15% chance, +100% mana
Vinling Helmet: 2500 gold +100% mana

Footman's Sabatons: 200 Armor
Assassin's Foot guards: 1250 gold
Iron Walkers: +600 Armor 1750 gold, speed trigger is 5.3
Desperate Boots: 2250: Health is under 50% - Dodge is +25%, speed is +10%

Wyrmskin: 750 gold
Gauntlet's of Despair: 600 gold
Slayers Wraps: 1750 gold
DoomSpite Grips: 2750, Cleave Size = 1.8, Proc Chance 50%
Fell-Darkur: 2750

Forestband = 550
Warlord's Punisher: 1750, CastItem animation= 1 sec (was incorrectly set at 2), Range 20
Twig of Life: 2250
Ring of the Ancients: 1750 Effect is a friendly DG aura
WarpStone: Instant: Cost 2750
Magus Rod 2250
Blood Stone Ring 1500

****************** Favor Changes

Goggles- Ranged Special effect Proc Rates the same as melee, 25% chance to do 25% critical hit
Magical Coin Purse: +2 gold per tick
Charm of life: Regen Aura = +10 health / second
Brillant Bauble- 15% XP bonus aura
Symbol of Purity: Heal 500 on use
Staff of the Warmage: +100% mana per second
Diamond Pendant- -10% cooldown is an aura
Amulet of Teleportation: Cooldown = 30
Cape of Mana: Cool Down = 30
Saam-El's cape: +10% speed
Wings of the Seraphim: Cool Down = 30

Poison Dagger: +15% attack speed
Mard's Hammer: +400 armor, +50 damage
Essence of Magic: Timer = 5
Furious Blade: 50% Cleave Attack, 10% attack speed

Totem of War: +20 damage; Aura All nearby allies: +5 damage +10% attack rate, +5% movement
Tome of Endurance +600 Life. +10 regen
Pendant of Grace" +5% movement, +5% attack speed
Blood Soaked Wand: 1 second cast, 30 second refresh

Angels
Damage = 90
Target Priority List 1: Cata 2: Hero 3: Everything

+39 Karma | 103 Replies
August 21, 2010 9:26:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
I would like to point out that everything that hedgie says is also my belief and I would also like to make it perfectly clear that fire nova should not be an interrupt. Making fire nova an interrupt would be absolutely rediculous.

One other thing that I highly disagree with is brilliant bauble no damage reduction please. Just make brilliant bauble's + xp higher than it is. Say like 40 % more xp.

Why?

August 21, 2010 10:38:28 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting awuffleablehedgie,
Yetis... 400 DPS might be enough. I'd have to experiment with it to make a judgement call. But, still. They cost sooo much mana even though 1710 is enough to keep them alive, I guess. Maybe it is just stuck in my head. Wild Swings always existing would make them worth it just for creeping, even if Siege Idols would normally still be better.

I've been using them in AI skirmishes at 240dps (300 with wild swings and magnificent presence) and 1000hp +400/level, 300 armor +300/level, and +5hp/s per level, and they're quite effective.  I think it would be overpowered to have them do more than 300dps, especially if you increase their durability (which makes more sense anyway).  I've then got Wild Swings increasing attack and movement speed 10% and doing full splash damage (instead of just 75%), and Inspirational Roar also adding 15% attack speed in addition to 15% evasion and speed.

The speed boosts really help keep them on target, unless it's a pretty fast DG like UB or Erebus, where the Yetis' minor movement difficulties come into player.

The armor (1200 max, 32% reduction) makes Healing Wind help them a lot more, and rewards you for actually staying close when using them to push a tower.  Also helps the efficiency of manual heals, which are worth using occasionally given the cost of re-summoning, and radically improves the effectiveness of the Twig of Life for the Yetis (when it's used, they gain something like 1600-2000 effective life at max level depending on other minion buffs).

Switching gold and celerity makes the mana side more interesting. A fun trick (but only doable on Light side) is walking AROUND the tower to cap the gold flag instead of pushing the tower. It makes speed builds a lot stronger early game. 

It also punishes light less once they get pushed back. Light is FORCED to NEVER leave the HP side EVER. Moving the gold flags to the other side forces more balanced gameplay style because you can't just forget that side forever. A team could give up the debillitating flag to make a rush for your gold flag. Or, a flag with the mana-per-second flag could potentially force off a team off of the debilitating flag. It's just much more exciting. And it fixes Regulus.

Ok, but keep in mind that once the Fortitude flag is converted to Regeneration, the health and mana flags become pretty evenly-matched in terms of desirability.  Both are helpful, maybe one more than the other, but on a per-build basis rather than just 'health is always better' with the Fort flag.  Because you can get % mana regen items, the rejuv flag actually becomes pretty desirable compared to the regen flag, whose flat 15/s becomes less vital later in the game.

Pounce isn't underpowered, as a skill. You can make a full build out of it and it can work fine. Heal + Pounce spamming is pretty powerful, for sure, in 1v1 skirmishes. You simply get a lot out of the very first point but not as much as other skills with each successive point. I tend to "under-pounce" and that has always been one of the flaws in my gameplay but pounce builds tend to fall behind other demigod DPS builds because you only have one skill tree that does damage while most demigods have two.

Fair enough.  The only boost I could possibly see to higher levels of pounce would maybe be a tiny reduction in mana cost to further cement its efficiency, but the cooldown is still its best feature, when you remember to use it often.

Longer form changes and Faster transitions are fine. Just makes him easier to play. I really don't think TB needs that much... Permafrost being shatterable is really the only thing I would do to him other than the quicker transitions and longer form changes.

Agree with all of this.  Doubling the form bonus duration to 30s would make single-type builds a lot less annoying.  I'll have a look at Deep Freeze, but it should be really simple to add Permafrost to the shatter check.

August 21, 2010 11:02:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

???

I'm fine with keeping Groffling as is (5%).
 You are going to be hit more often if you are:

- fighting a general. Most generals will have 2 monks, which have an attack rate of .6, off the top of my head. Erebus is the major exception because most Erebi get one point in Coven early on, which boosts their Nightcrawlers to 6, which an attack rate of .65. Add on top of this Siege Idols, or possibly Spirits/etc and you have lots and lots of things hitting you.

- are on a low-AoE character (you won't get hit if you kill them first. Eg, TB would be a poor choice for Vinling as would Rook)

- are more likely to be focused in a fight (Sedna, Queen) 

- are fighting autoattack builds (AA Reg, Ooze Beast)

- are a high-attrition Demigod with high regen (Sedna, Erebus)

Well... it is clear what they were thinking when balancing vinling
Vlemish 1750 - 15 mana per second
Vinling 3500 - At what point does this proc every 23 seconds to break even in mana regen? At what point does it proc every 11.5 seconds to make the cost break even?

What is not clear, at what point does it make sense to regen your mana off of damage?

Also, Gauntlets of despair is the hard counter to Vinling, so it is clear what they were thinking when they priced it at 1750.

I am have trouble thinking of a point at which any "real person" minion DG will continually proc Vinling for a prolonged duration of time before deciding to do something like STOP, get despair (600 gold in CrazyTown) and/or Warlord's Punisher (1500 gold and useable in CrazyTown).

The goal with vinling in crazytown: can we bring this item into a game situation where you are punishing your opponent for not doing something to stop you turning life into mana?

At what point does it make sense that you can wade into a massive number of hits to out spam your enemy?

I thought lots of armor and 5% proc rate. I decided last night that their might be a case for it to go to 4%.

Is putting it at 3% proc and 1750 gold making it a better item then vlemish in Crazy town? I think it might be about even with the proper gear to proc vinling safely. 4% at 1500 gold?  That is on the better side of the deal if you can be wading through 6 hits a second without having to disengage. If you take a skill burst from a demigod, you won't be doing that. 5% at 1500? When geared, walk into a tower/creep wave to change a bit of life into mana. Can you do this mid game? Yes... but I don't think the scenario you described is at all a possibility for a prolonged period of time vs a Demigod. Even after 60 seconds neither erebus was close to dead... the non-vinling LE would have decided long before that he should stop and change tactics, like get despair, warlord's punisher.

The real point in which vinling is useful? When can you proc the effect usefully when you are not engaged with a demigod? This is when you can change life into mana at a rate you can control.

I mean seriously, you can buy large mana pot and plenor to regen all your mana just fine without i) gearing to intentionally endure many hits and ii) risking kicking yourself back to base if you F-UP using vinling. So there is a clear risk vs gold expenditure equation in there.

1750 @ 2%
1750 @ 3%
1750 @ 4%
1750 @ 5%

or maybe

1500 @ 2%
1500 @ 3%
1500 @ 4%
1500 at 5%

Thoughts?

August 21, 2010 11:19:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting miriyaka,

Quoting awuffleablehedgie, reply 24Yetis... 400 DPS might be enough. I'd have to experiment with it to make a judgement call. But, still. They cost sooo much mana even though 1710 is enough to keep them alive, I guess. Maybe it is just stuck in my head. Wild Swings always existing would make them worth it just for creeping, even if Siege Idols would normally still be better.
I've been using them in AI skirmishes at 240dps (300 with wild swings and magnificent presence) and 1000hp +400/level, 300 armor +300/level, and +5hp/s per level, and they're quite effective.  I think it would be overpowered to have them do more than 300dps, especially if you increase their durability (which makes more sense anyway).  I've then got Wild Swings increasing attack and movement speed 10% and doing full splash damage (instead of just 75%), and Inspirational Roar also adding 15% attack speed in addition to 15% evasion and speed.

The speed boosts really help keep them on target, unless it's a pretty fast DG like UB or Erebus, where the Yetis' minor movement difficulties come into player.

The armor (1200 max, 32% reduction) makes Healing Wind help them a lot more, and rewards you for actually staying close when using them to push a tower.  Also helps the efficiency of manual heals, which are worth using occasionally given the cost of re-summoning, and radically improves the effectiveness of the Twig of Life for the Yetis (when it's used, they gain something like 1600-2000 effective life at max level depending on other minion buffs).

You need to change your skirmish AI to buy BS1(or attack strength 1, whatever you want to call it, it is described as Building Strenght in the citadel lua file).
Although this is a big change from ODG, BS0 is clearly broken, and minion Oak is still over the top against the BS0 splash.

August 21, 2010 11:49:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Actually I've got the AI buying building strength in response to Priests, and I had totally forgotten about the whole splash damage thing and hadn't fixed it.

Looking at CitadelUpgrades.lua, it's doing -90/70/60/50% splash with BS 1/2/3/4?  I guess that means it's doing full splash with 0?  And then you lose 90% of that at 1.  Haha, great job GPG.

What's the consensus on fixing this?  Remove tower splash entirely at 0 (easily doable), or remove the splash mult from the buffs?

Edit: It's also possible to set the base splash for the towers to something else (say, 50%) and then incrementally improve it to 100% in the upgrades.

August 21, 2010 8:54:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
reply 25
I would like to point out that everything that hedgie says is also my belief and I would also like to make it perfectly clear that fire nova should not be an interrupt. Making fire nova an interrupt would be absolutely rediculous.

One other thing that I highly disagree with is brilliant bauble no damage reduction please. Just make brilliant bauble's + xp higher than it is. Say like 40 % more xp.

Why?

why what?

August 21, 2010 9:04:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_ZEX,

Quoting LORD-ORION, reply 26

Quoting OMG_ZEX,
reply 25

Why?

why what?

The reasons why you believe these things. I am not being belligerent. I want technical details on why 10% damage decrease is bad. (eg: The obvious case is UB on mana side cata hitting 15),

Why is TB firenova interrupt rediculous? My argument against: Fire TB is not Tier 1. FireTB has a way to block 1 spit if he times it right. FireTB can block an item use.

August 21, 2010 9:40:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not every demigod has to be 'tier 1'.  TB can do massive, massive amounts of damage in a multi-demigod fight, especially mid-game.  That doesn't mean he can always stand up to a tank DG like UB in a 1 on 1 fight without using circumstances (creeps, frost abilities, etc) to his advantage.

The same is true for Reg.  He needs a boost, no doubt, but making him able to stand and tank against UB, Oak, Erebus, etc should not be the goal.

Speaking of Reg, I implemented Snipe triggering MotB.  It's pretty hilarious, especially if you also have the 100% chance for Deadeye stun and Impedance Bolt on Snipe-- you know, should you manage to get Reg past level 15.  It gives him an expensive, long-cooldown, two-part nuke that can do about 1600 damage at once (at max snipe range), provided the target DG doesn't burn off MotB with a pot or sigil first.

Best part is that it doesn't require boosting MotB itself at all.  Just makes it a more reliable skill for putting out some burst ranged damage.  Here's the code, non-destructive as always: http://pastebin.com/wuzy5cuY

Also did TB Permafrost shatter, although I haven't tested it yet.  http://pastebin.com/pCayy6rj

Knocks potential damage with Fire&Ice up to 1700, from 1275, or 1300 from 975 without.  I'm not totally convinced that this won't be too powerful, but then again, it needs (and consumes) all four buffs on the target, letting it move freely for at least several seconds before Permafrost kicks back in again.

August 21, 2010 9:48:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting miriyaka,
Not every demigod has to be 'tier 1'. 

Yes... 1vs1 is a consideration of this mod.

I am not saying fresh TB should be able to push fresh UB from a flag, but if UB messes up, fire TB needs a way to punish him. eg: Interrupt the 1st spit if you are telegraphing that intent.

But there is a specific reason why Coin Purse has +2 gold. I am thinking crucible when you cant push a 'tank' DG off the gold flag. You can play cat and mouse with the 2 flags adjacent to the creep lane for warscore, and keep up gold production while not owning the gold flag.

August 21, 2010 11:42:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ok, but keep in mind that once the Fortitude flag is converted to Regeneration, the health and mana flags become pretty evenly-matched in terms of desirability.  Both are helpful, maybe one more than the other, but on a per-build basis rather than just 'health is always better' with the Fort flag.  Because you can get % mana regen items, the rejuv flag actually becomes pretty desirable compared to the regen flag, whose flat 15/s becomes less vital later in the game.

I wouldn't do mana regen and health regen. Do mana regen (instead of mana) and Debilitating (extra damage). The fact that what side of the map is more important changes from build to build is a good thing.

---

You cannot "counter" Vinling. You have no idea whether he has Vinling or not. Glove of Despair is a gamble. If your opponent got Plenor, Despair is basically useless. If they got Vinling, it's slightly more useful but since Despair doesn't AWARD you the drained mana... doesn't really matter.

Vinling should be 2500 at 5% or 1750 at 3%. It's superior to Plenor, for sure, but it's only circumstantially better than Vlemish.

Tower splash should either be 50 and increasing up to 100% with upgrades, or it should be 100% and not improved by upgrades (besides the size of the splash and the base damage being improved).

August 22, 2010 12:06:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You have no idea whether he has Vinling or not.

There is supposed to be an effect "EffectTemplates.Items.Helm.GlowingFaceguardProc" but I don't see any noticeable effect, so this is something to look into.

I always thought you could see the +350 blue text, but I haven't specifically tested this from the perspective of the enemy side  for this mod. I will look into this before the next build.

Vinling should be 2500 at 5% or 1750 at 3%.

Possibly.

Tower splash should either be 50 and increasing up to 100% with upgrades, or it should be 100% and not improved by upgrades (besides the size of the splash and the base damage being improved)

I sometimes think they simply implemented the scale values backwards. I will try and test reversing the current implementation values and see what happens.

August 22, 2010 12:16:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

No, they're not backwards, as the amount increases with each upgrade (10%, 30%, 40%, 50% from -90%, -70%, -60% and -50%).

I tried it at -50% base via blueprint change, but I don't think it was working.  Not sure why.

And no, nobody else can see the floattext for mana and health, and damage is only displayed to the two parties involved.

August 22, 2010 12:29:06 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting miriyaka,
No, they're not backwards, as the amount increases with each upgrade (10%, 30%, 40%, 50% from -90%, -70%, -60% and -50%).

Negatory

The AoE is increasing, but the central beam should remain constant. So splash % should start high and decrease as AoE increases.

eg: At the final 2.5 AoE and .25 damage multiplier it should be doing 50% damage, but at AoE 2.0 and .2 damage multiplier, it should be doing 60% damage, not 40%. This is how Supcom and TA work for edge effect.... so I am thinking it is the same for DG.

August 22, 2010 11:39:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm not really sure what you're referring to?  Supcom had absolutely no AE damage variance, it was always 100%.  There's absolutely nothing in the code that would or could vary AE damage, and the engine's DamageArea function does NOT reduce damage based on radius from the center.  It damages all affected targets equally.

Also, DamageRadius has absolutely nothing to do with DamageSplash mult, other than that some of the former is needed for the latter to have any effect.  If the weapon does 300 damage and has a total DamageSplash of -0.5, its AE damage is always 50% of 300, no matter how far away from the center the target is (so long as it's within the DamageRadius). If the weapon's damage is increased by DamageRating or (DamageBonus in the case of towers and creeps), then the splash mult modifies the new value.

What might not initially be clear is that SplashMult starts at 1, and a buff that does -0.9 like BS1 is added to this, resulting in a remainder of 0.1 or splash damage that does 10% of base weapon damage (as modified by DamageBonus or DamageRating).  So the progression of -0.9, -0.7, -0.6, -0.5 is removing 90, 70, 60 and 50% of all all splash damage (which again, does not vary by distance) leaving behind 10, 30, 40, and 50%.

It isn't entirely clear what their intent was with these settings, other than that they didn't really take the base ToL damageradius into account, and that they were meant only for the archer towers.

I haven't tested it extensively, but a blueprint splashmult of 0.5 doesn't seem to be having any affect.  I don't see any reason in the code why it wouldn't, but if it doesn't work, one way to implement -50% base splash would be to add that to the three tower strength buffs (low, normal, high) and then use positive buffs in the upgrades to incrementally remove the splash penalty.

Are we even entirely certain that the splash damage is being reduced by building strength in unmodded Demigod?  Again, the code looks solid, but I don't ever recall seeing reduced damage from splash on the ToLs.

August 22, 2010 11:50:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting miriyaka,
I'm not really sure what you're referring to?  Supcom had absolutely no AE damage variance, it was always 100%.  There's absolutely nothing in the code that would or could vary AE damage, and the engine's DamageArea function does NOT reduce damage based on radius from the center.  It damages all affected targets equally.

Also, DamageRadius has absolutely nothing to do with DamageSplash mult, other than that some of the former is needed for the latter to have any effect.  If the weapon does 300 damage and has a total DamageSplash of -0.5, its AE damage is always 50% of 300, no matter how far away from the center the target is (so long as it's within the DamageRadius). If the weapon's damage is increased by DamageRating or (DamageBonus in the case of towers and creeps), then the splash mult modifies the new value.

What might not initially be clear is that SplashMult starts at 1, and a buff that does -0.9 like BS1 is added to this, resulting in a remainder of 0.1 or splash damage that does 10% of base weapon damage (as modified by DamageBonus or DamageRating).  So the progression of -0.9, -0.7, -0.6, -0.5 is removing 90, 70, 60 and 50% of all all splash damage (which again, does not vary by distance) leaving behind 10, 30, 40, and 50%.

It isn't entirely clear what their intent was with these settings, other than that they didn't really take the base ToL damageradius into account, and that they were meant only for the archer towers.

I haven't tested it extensively, but a blueprint splashmult of 0.5 doesn't seem to be having any affect.  I don't see any reason in the code why it wouldn't, but if it doesn't work, one way to implement -50% base splash would be to add that to the three tower strength buffs (low, normal, high) and then use positive buffs in the upgrades to incrementally remove the splash penalty.

Are we even entirely certain that the splash damage is being reduced by building strength in unmodded Demigod?  Again, the code looks solid, but I don't ever recall seeing reduced damage from splash on the ToLs.

That's not what I understand.
It is an Edge Effect.
Aoe 2.0 at 60% means do 60% damage at the edge, and then scale up to 100% as you approach the center, This is why It should stay high and decrease as AoE increases. AoE 2.5 at 50% would do roughly the 60% damage at the 2.0 area distance (same as the upgrade before it), as it scales up towards the middle 100% damage.

August 22, 2010 11:53:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Welp.  ToLs are NOT affected by DamageSplash.

Here's the relevant code for BeamWeapon.DoDamage:

Code: c++
  1.         if data.Radius and data.Radius > 0 then
  2.             DamageArea(data)
  3.         elseif data.Amount and targetEntity then
  4.             DealDamage(data,targetEntity)
  5.         end

And here's the relevant code for Projectile.DoDamage:

1.         # Damage the target
  2.         if data.Amount and targetEntity then
  3.             DealDamage(data,targetEntity)
  4.         end
  5.         # Damage the area, ignoring the target
  6.         if data.Radius and data.Radius > 0 then
  7.             if targetEntity then
  8.                 data.IgnoreTargets = { targetEntity } # don't hit this guy again, we already got him
  9.             end
  10.             data.Amount = data.Amount * (data.SplashMult or 1)
  11.             DamageArea(data)
  12.         end

In other words, beam weapons do not account for reduced splash damage at all.  They're totally unaffected by the SplashMult in their DamageData, since that field isn't used by DealDamage, and as we can see in Projectile, has to be implemented in lua.  So while the DamageRadius increase is affecting ToLs, the DamageSplash is only affecting archer towers, forts, and trebuchets.

In the case of trebuchets, if it is affecting them, their script should probably be modified to ignore SplashMult (trivial), or the DamageSplash buff affect should be removed entirely.

August 22, 2010 11:56:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,

That's not what I understand.
It is an Edge Effect.
Aoe 2.0 at 60% means do 60% damage at the edge, and then scale up to 100% as you approach the center, This is why It should stay high and decrease as AoE increases. AoE 2.5 at 50% would do roughly the 60% damage at the 2.0 area distance (same as the upgrade before it), as it scales up towards the middle 100% damage.

There's absolutely nothing to support this, though.  Look at the code I posted: SplashMult is a flat modifier to all DamageArea damage, implemented in lua. There's no engine magic with SplashMult.

In FA, DamageArea does 100% of the data.DamageAmount provided to every target within range.  It does this in Demigod too, because ability damage uses DamageArea as well, which would mean an ability like Blast Off, Mark of the Betrayer, or Circle of Fire would do greatly reduced damage at the edges, which we know to not be the case.

To reinforce the point, here's the MeleeWeapon implementation:

1.         DealDamage(data, target)
  3.         --snip
  4.         if self.ModdedRadius > 0 then
  5.             data.Amount = data.Amount * self.SplashMult
  6.             --snip
  7.             DamageArea(data)
  8.         end

Same deal.  Does damage to the target, then modifies data.Amount by splash mult, and does area damage.  Also interesting in this snippet is that melee weapons cannot have blueprint-specified radius damage; there is no accounting for bp.DamageRadius, only ModdedRadius set by buffs / other code.

August 22, 2010 12:39:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A lot of the changes here are good.  One point though, people thought citadel eating minion oaks were annoying before, and now this...

Hauberk: 1500

Theurgists's Hat: 750

Fell-Darkur: 2250

Forest Band: 450

Twig of Life: 1500

Did a quick test run against AI on normal settings.  Eating the citadel is much easier and faster now.

August 22, 2010 1:09:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OMG_DD-shred_demon,
A lot of the changes here are good.  One point though, people thought citadel eating minion oaks were annoying before, and now this...

Hauberk: 1500

Theurgists's Hat: 750

Fell-Darkur: 2250

Forest Band: 450

Twig of Life: 1500

Did a quick test run against AI on normal settings.  Eating the citadel is much easier and faster now.

The AI doesn't update towers yet or choose anti-minion items when it sees what you are doing. This will be fixed, but maybe not next build as this is as much work as making so many changes.

If you are fighting a human pulling this crap, level up both tower upgrades. You can also armor up easily and pick some new threats against Cheeze oak. Like Warlord's Punisher (for minions) and warpstone so you can get on him.

This is not to say that you can shut down a pure minion Oak build, but it should be better then what happens in ODG, especially if your whole team is wielding warlord's punisher, because then he needs to be smart in attacking.

There is also the possibility that my understanding of how tower splash works is wrong and this will for sure be looked at next build.

August 22, 2010 1:38:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Beam weapon splash, and thus ToL splash, is absolute.  So if you're making modifications to the DamageSplash buffs, that's fine, just remember that it won't affect ToLs.  If you get the chance, test its effects on Trebuchets - but I'm pretty sure it will affect them, and that they need to be made immune (in the Uberfix, probably).

August 22, 2010 2:34:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, just felt the need to give heads up on the massive buff this mod gives to minion players, that's all

August 22, 2010 3:19:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I feel like the Amulet of Teleportation should be balanced by reducing the cooldown on the teleport. Giving it the cooldown of a teleport scroll makes it competitive with BotF.

August 23, 2010 5:01:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
  1. I'm still really busy with things, but I'm somewhat around.
  2. MeeleeWeapon.lua does define blueprint damage AOE. See line 22: self.ModdedRadius = bp.DamageRadius or 0
  3. Hedgie has made a lot of balance suggestions in the Uberfix thread that I blew off due to the bugfix only policy. I'd suggest rereading them to refresh yourself to avoid rehashing many things.
  4. IIRC LO's interpretation of EdgeEffect comes from TA. That might be what is confusing things.
  5. QoT is still underpowered.

August 23, 2010 9:04:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,

QoT is still underpowered.

Details why?

August 23, 2010 1:11:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting LORD-ORION,

Quoting Ptarth, reply 48
QoT is still underpowered.

Details why?

Reduce the mana cost of spike wave, ground spikes and uproot so she can spam skills a little easier making open form a bit more viable due to reduced mana dependency. 

Quoting OMG_Epiphenomenon,
I feel like the Amulet of Teleportation should be balanced by reducing the cooldown on the teleport. Giving it the cooldown of a teleport scroll makes it competitive with BotF.

agreed

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000484   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.