The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod v1.3 is in testing

By on May 15, 2010 6:28:05 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Greetings!

GPG has submitted to us version 1.3 of Demigod for testing. It addresses a whole bunch of outstanding issues that have been reported.

GPG has intimated to us that v1.3 is the beginning of a new series of free updates to Demigod.  I will have more details next week as it goes through QA.

+897 Karma | 155 Replies
May 15, 2010 6:30:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yay.

Any chance you can be more specific about when next week?

May 15, 2010 6:35:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

a new /series/!!!

May 15, 2010 6:35:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

May 15, 2010 6:43:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome News

What are you doing working on a weekend, and you're a CEO of a company you shouldn't be talking to us peons:)!!!

Shame on you

Thanks for the update Frogboy

May 15, 2010 6:46:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Huzzah!!!!!

May 15, 2010 6:50:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wow, this is amazing!!!  Thanks Stardock and GPG.

May 15, 2010 7:12:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice to hear some good news!  Thanks for the update.

May 15, 2010 7:35:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Best. Fucking. News. Ever.

May 15, 2010 7:44:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yipee! big thanks to gpg and stardock!

May 15, 2010 8:06:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

May 15, 2010 10:45:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ax the P2P thing and give away a basic version of the game and you might just have a huge hit on your hands still...

May 15, 2010 11:00:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awe...Some.

The End. 

May 15, 2010 11:55:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting GM-MAGNUS333,
Ax the P2P thing and give away a basic version of the game and you might just have a huge hit on your hands still...

Like the demo with 4 out of the 10 demigods? 

May 16, 2010 12:58:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Like the demo with 4 out of the 10 demigods?

Exactly, except it needs to join the same player base as retail.

May 16, 2010 1:19:54 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Awesome.

I really thought the game had died in terms of support. I still play it offline (I've put in 18 hours and never once went online...I'm not sure whether my connection would ruin the experience for others) so I hope this adds maybe a map or two as well as tweaking the game more.

May 16, 2010 3:25:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A big thank you to Sorian who's doing the patching!

I have also spent a good chunk of this week working on Demigod fixes. Apparently Stardock has sent us a list of bugs they would like to see fixed, and I am happy to oblige. It gives me a reason to kick some AI butt with Demon Assassin on work hours. I did manage to fix a bug that has been bothering me since the last patch, which is nice. As per usual, I don't have a time frame. I am hoping a build gets put together tomorrow and then it will have to go through Stardock QA.

And of course a big thank you to Frogboy and the Stardock team for testing, keeping us up to date and sending the list of bugs to GPG!

PS:

May 16, 2010 5:32:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I so wish Sorian had like 2 weeks straight worth of being tasked with improving DG.  He's a really competent fellow and I'm sure would provide us with many enhancements.

Anyway, we are all excited about this news, but again, another nod to our modders in our community - I trust we will see that MANY of the fixes coming out in 1.3 will come directly from uberfix and our modders hard work. 

Even if all this patch consisted of was rolling in fixes that the community came up with, the patch would be a HUGE success. 

May 16, 2010 6:06:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yay !!! French community canardpc.com is very happy ! (Such a nice dev, this guy !)

/vwr

May 16, 2010 4:37:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How exciting

May 16, 2010 6:46:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

And suddenly, today just got better.  Take your time with this, we're in no rush

May 16, 2010 7:27:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just in time for summer. Bravo, Frogboy and Friends. 

May 17, 2010 12:45:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great news, thank you very much!

May 17, 2010 1:54:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

HEY FROGBOY!

Any chance you'll spill a few details from the change log? 

May 17, 2010 4:19:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Also please fix the big difference in SP Tournament normal and hard game. My 3 y old son can play in normal mode and win all games with any demigod. But hard mode is too hard even for me.

May 17, 2010 5:11:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kermo,
Also please fix the big difference in SP Tournament normal and hard game. My 3 y old son can play in normal mode and win all games with any demigod. But hard mode is too hard even for me.
There is nothing to "fix" here. You just have to try harder .

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000157   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.