DG Community - we are in the process of organizing a Demigod 2v2 tournament. This tournament is open to all that would like to participate, but does require that you follow this thread for updates, etc, as the majority of the communications including brackets will be published here.
This thread will provide the latest tournament rules, 2 man teams that have registered, and individuals that are looking to be a part of a team but do not currently have a partner. If you'd like to participate and don't have a team, indicate so here. Then, make efforts either in this thread or via pm to form your own team. If you are unable to form a two man team, don't worry. All of the individuals that have indicated that they'd like to participate and were not successful at forming a 2-man team will be randomly placed into teams on the cut off date.
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
- You may only select characters as indicated in the grid below:
- Each match in the tournament will be the best 2 out of 3 games
- All matches will be played on cataract with default settings (the only exceptions being AI HP on Very High and AI Gold/XP on low)
- After teams are formed, they will be randomly placed into a bracket to determine who will fight who. Everything will be random initially in round 1. In the following rounds, the winners from one game will play the winners from another based on location in the bracket starting from the top on to the bottom.
- Each team will play 1 round on light side, then 1 round on dark side. If there is a 3rd round, the team that had the fastest win in game 1 or 2 gets to pick the side they want to be on (keep in mind the following rule).
- The team that is on the dark side must pick their characters and ready up first. Then the light gets to pick and the dark side does not have a chance to adjust their characters.
- To track your wins, you must do the following - post the replay at gamereplays.org. If you have issues with gamereplays, upload the file to rapid share and provide us with a link. Also, provide a link to the match in the pantheon and let me know if its a win or loss. The winning team should do this for each and every match.
- UberFix 1.02 must be used (http://forums.demigodthegame.com/374315). UberFix is a mod that simply fixes many of the bugs in Demigod. Check the modding forum for everything that is fixed by UberFix 1.02.
How will we handle crashes:
If there is a game crash, the players involved in that match should see if they can come to a consensus on the probable outcome of the match. If there is no clear winner, the 2 teams should replay the match using the exact same demigods and sides (light/dark). If there was a clear winner at that point in the game, then that team should be awarded the win. If the 2 teams disagree on the outcome, a third party will review the replay of the match and render a decision. Be aware that the 3rd party must agree that a specific team was going to win or the results will be thrown out and the match redone.
How we will handle invalid game states:
The lastgamereplay file is still created in the event of an invalid game state, so it is still possible to review the results of a match. In the event of an invalid game state, players should attempt to resolve the issue exactly the same way as game crashes. If you believe foul play occurred, submit the replay along with any screen shots, etc, as evidence and we will review. If there is a CLEAR consensus that a team is willingly triggering invalid game states, that team should be disqualified after a thorough review of the facts. Please be reasonable, though. We all know that Demigod has its bugs and its still pretty easy to encounter an invalid game state even if no one has intentionally triggered it. If your game does crash, it might be advisable to take a screen shot of the crash as proof.
Also be aware that we know invalid game states can occur without any foul play.
Outside of prestige in our small community, there is also a cash prize thanks to community contributions.
Currently, the total amount pledged for this tournament is $199.95. Of that $199.95, I have received $99.95. If you would like to contribute to the pot, please pm me and I'll get you the needed info to send me a payment. If individuals do not come through on their pledges, I will not be personally covering the difference. My goal is to collect the pledged amount before the tournament starts and I will be providing updates as I receive the pledged money.
Please thank our contributors and consider contributing to the prize yourself.
Round 1a/1b results are here: http://forums.impulsedriven.com/380837