The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

April 2010 2v2 Demigod Community Tournament - Rules and Registration

By on April 6, 2010 10:46:04 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

pacov

Join Date 02/2008
+182

DG Community - we are in the process of organizing a Demigod 2v2 tournament.  This tournament is open to all that would like to participate, but does require that you follow this thread for updates, etc, as the majority of the communications including brackets will be published here. 

This thread will provide the latest tournament rules, 2 man teams that have registered, and individuals that are looking to be a part of a team but do not currently have a partner.  If you'd like to participate and don't have a team, indicate so here.  Then, make efforts either in this thread or via pm to form your own team. If you are unable to form a two man team, don't worry.  All of the individuals that have indicated that they'd like to participate and were not successful at forming a 2-man team will be randomly placed into teams on the cut off date.

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED

Tournament Rules:

• You may only select characters as indicated in the grid below:

• Each match in the tournament will be the best 2 out of 3 games
  • All matches will be played on cataract with default settings (the only exceptions being AI HP on Very High and AI Gold/XP on low)
  • After teams are formed, they will be randomly placed into a bracket to determine who will fight who.  Everything will be random initially in round 1.  In the following rounds, the winners from one game will play the winners from another based on location in the bracket starting from the top on to the bottom.
  • Each team will play 1 round on light side, then 1 round on dark side.  If there is a 3rd round, the team that had the fastest win in game 1 or 2 gets to pick the side they want to be on (keep in mind the following rule).  
  • The team that is on the dark side must pick their characters and ready up first.  Then the light gets to pick and the dark side does not have a chance to adjust their characters. 
  • To track your wins, you must do the following - post the replay at gamereplays.org.  If you have issues with gamereplays, upload the file to rapid share and provide us with a link.  Also, provide a link to the match in the pantheon and let me know if its a win or loss.  The winning team should do this for each and every match.
  • UberFix 1.02 must be used (https://forums.demigodthegame.com/374315) UberFix is a mod that simply fixes many of the bugs in Demigod.  Check the modding forum for everything that is fixed by UberFix 1.02. 

How will we handle crashes:

If there is a game crash, the players involved in that match should see if they can come to a consensus on the probable outcome of the match.  If there is no clear winner, the 2 teams should replay the match using the exact same demigods and sides (light/dark).  If there was a clear winner at that point in the game, then that team should be awarded the win.  If the 2 teams disagree on the outcome, a third party will review the replay of the match and render a decision.  Be aware that the 3rd party must agree that a specific team was going to win or the results will be thrown out and the match redone.

How we will handle invalid game states:

The lastgamereplay file is still created in the event of an invalid game state, so it is still possible to review the results of a match.  In the event of an invalid game state, players should attempt to resolve the issue exactly the same way as game crashes.  If you believe foul play occurred, submit the replay along with any screen shots, etc, as evidence and we will review.  If there is a CLEAR consensus that a team is willingly triggering invalid game states, that team should be disqualified after a thorough review of the facts. Please be reasonable, though.  We all know that Demigod has its bugs and its still pretty easy to encounter an invalid game state even if no one has intentionally triggered it.  If your game does crash, it might be advisable to take a screen shot of the crash as proof.

Also be aware that we know invalid game states can occur without any foul play.

Prizes:

Outside of prestige in our small community, there is also a cash prize thanks to community contributions.

Currently, the total amount pledged for this tournament is $199.95.  Of that $199.95, I have received $99.95.  If you would like to contribute to the pot, please pm me and I'll get you the needed info to send me a payment.  If individuals do not come through on their pledges, I will not be personally covering the difference.  My goal is to collect the pledged amount before the tournament starts and I will be providing updates as I receive the pledged money.

Please thank our contributors and consider contributing to the prize yourself.

Bracket: 

Round 1a/1b results are here:  http://forums.impulsedriven.com/380837

Locked Post 508 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 6, 2010 11:04:27 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

cow/teseer - seeing as the tourney is being pushed back another week, will you 2 be able to participate as a team then?  Let me know and I'll move you both to the registered team section

April 6, 2010 1:08:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I like how my entire clan is an alternate team and they left me out!

h8

April 6, 2010 1:21:50 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

h8

psst - you could always chat with them and convince them to form a 2nd team (just saying).  If that doesn't work out, let me know if you want added to the individuals that want to play but don't have a team list. 

April 6, 2010 2:19:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If Teseer can garentee his internet functioning I will gladly be his partner.

April 6, 2010 2:30:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Would love to be able to prep a little before the tourny so if anyone want's to get a few practice runs in to see if we work well together pm me.

The End.

April 6, 2010 2:34:04 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

If Teseer can garentee his internet functioning I will gladly be his partner.

Teseer - odds are the tourney wouldn't start until after 4/17/2010 or so at this point.  Will your Internet be on at that point?

April 6, 2010 2:58:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pacov, can you give us 2 GM slots then? And we can have 2 teams of 2 with 1 sub (more like me who won't be playing).

I also request to be Achilles' personal cheerleader. Please give him a good teammate, I'd team with him but I'm going to be all over the place around the end of this month so the other team would probably end up winning by default.

April 6, 2010 3:01:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Pacov please PM me for investment into future tourneys.  I so do like giving.  LoL... But seriously pm me.

The End.

April 6, 2010 3:21:56 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting GM-NinkiCZ,
Pacov, can you give us 2 GM slots then? And we can have 2 teams of 2 with 1 sub (more like me who won't be playing).

I also request to be Achilles' personal cheerleader. Please give him a good teammate, I'd team with him but I'm going to be all over the place around the end of this month so the other team would probably end up winning by default.

I am fine with that, but my 1 rule about you guys would be that if you have to use an alternate, he may not participate twice in the same round.  We can discuss that if you like, though.  If you guys are ok with that, then please just let me know who will be on each team (and I'll just add you as the alternate for both teams, ninki). 

On a side note, there have been QUITE a few people on lagwars lately (7pm-1am EST).  If you want to play in the tourney and can get on there, that's probably a good please to find a teammate to play with and will be a little faster than pm'ing folks on the forums, etc.

I also request to be Achilles' personal cheerleader. Please give him a good teammate, I'd team with him but I'm going to be all over the place around the end of this month so the other team would probably end up winning by default.

When I do assign teammates, it will be completely random, so its really luck of the draw and who is the pool.  If anyone has concerns or issues with a possible teammate, you are encouraged to take the time to pick a teammate.  It could be that you end up with an excellent teammate that you simply don't play with much.  I do want to be clear that we aren't having "Do-Overs" if you don't like who you randomly paired with.  Once registration closes next week, that's it. 

April 6, 2010 4:01:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

You still play magnus? lol

April 6, 2010 4:16:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What would the scheduling on this look like?  Weekend or weeknights?

hmm, edit didn't take?

Edit:  Can one player on the team play the DA/TB/Reg, or do you have to alternate?

April 6, 2010 4:25:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great question the timeing of the tournament will be clutch for a lot of people.

The End.

April 6, 2010 4:36:33 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

The schedule is still to be determined.  For the initial rounds, I have absolutely NO PLAN to coordinate everyone so you can get your match in.  If someone else wants to pick up that task, then cool.  I think we will simply say Round 1 must be completed between 4/18-4/21 or something to that effect and it will be the players responsibility to co-ordinate a match with their opponent.  The dates I listed are just an example, not necessarily when round 1 will occur.  Once we get further along in the tournament, then we will coordinate and set specific dates and times for the matches as appropriate. 

Kestrel - based on the current rule set for character selection (again, subject to change), you can swap characters.  For instance, if you were tb and your partner oak in game 1, in game 2 you could be oak and your partner be tb.  There is not requirement that each have to play tb in varying rounds.  Let me know if that does make sense.

Oh - btw - THERE WILL BE A CASH PRIZE > $50

Details will follow...

April 6, 2010 4:59:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If Hedgie has moved into his new place, hopefully he'll be up to pairing with me.

Does anyone have any idea whether those new cell phone type modems that you plug into your laptop have the upload speed capable of playing Demigod?  I'm getting pretty desperate since its a 2 1/2 hour drive to a decent internet connection from where I'm living now... 

April 6, 2010 5:28:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does anyone have any idea whether those new cell phone type modems that you plug into your laptop have the upload speed capable of playing Demigod? I'm getting pretty desperate since its a 2 1/2 hour drive to a decent internet connection from where I'm living now...

I've played multiple 2v2 games using my treo 700wx cell phone with minimal lag.

April 6, 2010 5:43:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'd like to play, but I do not have a partner. If anyone wants to play with me I don't get mad about losing. I just like to have fun and my skill levels decent/noob. So if anyone wants to make a team let me know.

April 6, 2010 6:24:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Adding you to the list haxthias. 

April 6, 2010 7:37:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting gm-magnus333,

h8

Lol disappearing for a whole month pretty much means you've died magnus.  I was glad to see you alive and well the other day, but it didn't sound like you were sticking around. 

April 6, 2010 8:32:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey Pacov,

Jaws8you and I have chosen to play together now I don't want to wait for the random drawing to occur please add us to the formed teams list.

Team name will come shortly for some lolz

April 6, 2010 9:29:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Thundercles,
If Hedgie has moved into his new place, hopefully he'll be up to pairing with me.

Does anyone have any idea whether those new cell phone type modems that you plug into your laptop have the upload speed capable of playing Demigod?  I'm getting pretty desperate since its a 2 1/2 hour drive to a decent internet connection from where I'm living now... 

I'm out of shape, but I'm willing to play like crazy with you

Since obviously pacov made this thread he is jury, judge, executionar -.- 

I would still like to say that my tier-based point system would provide significantly more diverse choices and would make a more interesting game :-/ Rook and UB are totally shafted with the forced use of TB, Reg, DA, which really only leaves 4 "competitive" combinations: Ereb or Oak + TB or Reg. I will complain and bitch and moan!

Taking into account the game mode, and the fact that all generals are 2 or less points except for Queen, Rook and UB are half a point "more" because they are weaker. 

1 - Oak, Erebus

--- Are both generals with strong minions and abilities

1.5 - Rook, UB

--- Very strong assassins, espiecially in the 2v2 Cataract meta

2 - Sedna, TB (maybe 2.5, subject to debate... I'm very hesitent to move him there), Occulus (maybe 1.5, subject to debate)

--- All strong demigods, but have their weaknesses. TB is weak mid-game, Sedna tapers off endgame and is vulnerable to minions, Occulus is expensive and has no interrupt

2.5 - Queen

--- A general, which is a plus, and able to push creeps very well. No interrupt, however, and vulnerable to focus fire the entire game. Also expensive.

3 - Reg, DA

--- Poor or no interrupt, large liability in combat, expensive to be effective

You must have a total of /at least/ 4 points (you can be greater, so Reg + DA is okay at 6 points). This gives lots of combos:

Oak or Erebus + Reg or DA = 4

Rook or UB + Queen = 3

Sedna + TB or Occ = 3

Occ + TB = 1

== 11 competitive combinations that are "equally" competitive with eachother, more or less. 

and you could do crazy shenanigans like Sedna + Reg if you really wanted to. 

April 7, 2010 12:27:09 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Cowbuttzex,
Hey Pacov,

Jaws8you and I have chosen to play together now I don't want to wait for the random drawing to occur please add us to the formed teams list.

Team name will come shortly for some lolz

adding your team now and removing you from individual list.

April 7, 2010 12:30:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Since obviously pacov made this thread he is jury, judge, executionar -.-

naw - I'll be quite reasonable now.  Fair enough.

April 7, 2010 12:32:08 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh yeah...

THERE WILL BE > THAN A $60 CASH PRIZE.

April 7, 2010 4:47:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hey pacov, really nice that ur still around and do something for the community!!!

I really would like to play, but i cant play, if the tournament itself is on the weekend 17.04, 18.04 or 19.04

Do u know when the tournament will happen?

And is there somebody that wants to play with me? hrhr (totally out of training)

Greetz Greg

April 7, 2010 8:31:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I think it is going to have posted dates so you have to get your match in with in 2 days for example.

The End.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000844   Page Render Time: