The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Bug Fixes!

By on January 11, 2010 11:50:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Updated: 1/20/10

DISCLAIMER: all credit/karma/stuff should go to Ptarth for his efforts. I simply copy paste stuff.

Demigods is a good game, but it could be better. Frogboy has posted about how GPG is busy with Supreme Commander 2 and not very interested in Demigods right now. Frogboy has also post about how Stardock has been paying for all of the post-release content and changes that GPG has created for Demigods up until this point. Frogboy has also posted that he is tired of all the abuse this community heaps on him and Stardock for the changes they have accomplished so far. Everything we have gotten so far is because of them, and our foremost way of thanking them is to criticize and complain.  If we want more content, we need to do something positive, something to help out with Demigods, something to convince Frogboy, Stardock, and GPG that they shouldn't just dump the community because it is racid trash. This BugFixing mod is one way we can do this. I can't do this all alone, I don't have the time, talent, or skills to do it. I do have some minor contributions, but for this to be a success I need help. Your help. However small it is, every little bit matters. If you like Demigods, if you want to show Stardock and GPG that Demigods is worth investing in, give us a hand.

Thanks for reading. -- Ptarth.

Furthermore, if any modders, can please check Ptarth's list of unresolved/known bugs.

• SERIOUS +Minion Health Items BUG (STILL NOT FIXED IN 1.2)
  • Sludge Slinger (STILL NOT FIXED IN 1.2)
  • Wings of Seraphim's effect stops if healed
  • [BUGFIX] Qot Attack Animation
  • SkillInfoMod
  • [BUGFIX] Minions summoned with less than MaxHealth when using +minion health items
  • Towers missing on Ziggurate
  • If you have anybug fixes (not balance) plz post with a link and ill add to this post

Hopefully, Stardock/GPG can add these fixes to the next patch

Oh and as Janook said, don't just list bugs, we need fixes so that hopefully they can be added to the next patch

Macc

+10 Karma | 14 Replies
    January 16, 2010 3:41:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
    January 16, 2010 9:18:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

These are the bugfixes that I recall off hand and after searching the forum.

Given that no one seems to have stepped up to work on this, I guess I'll take a shot at a first draft that can later be updated by others. I'm including the SkillInfoMod because it doesn't change fundamental game play, nor add overhead. I haven't finished writing it, however since it will be a while before GPG has the time to attempt writing a 1.21, I figured it wouldn't hurt. It also gives me the freedom to write it in a useful way. I should be able to get a rough draft composite bugfix mod up by the middle of next week.

We also need to get an updated bug list. The one in the Problem Reports Forum has been out of date for quite some time.

Thank You!

a composite would be amazing.

Also I should have free time in the next couple of days to work on that problem list.

January 17, 2010 4:55:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

All of Doc OC's bugs.

January 17, 2010 7:04:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lifekatana,
    All of Doc OC's bugs.

More specifically:

+ minion hp items don't affect pokemon

the electrictity shock thing passive never seems to proc (or at least, the animation for it sucks)

Brainstorm should remove debuffs or the tooltips should be updated so that only Mental Agility removes debuffs

January 18, 2010 1:53:56 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This isn't a list of bugs, this is a list of bugs with community created patches.  Don't just list off bugs!

Towers missing on Ziggurate

January 18, 2010 12:16:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Janook,

Towers missing on Ziggurate

I thought this was fixed in v1.20?

• + minion hp items don't affect pokemon
      • I can do this
    • the electrictity shock thing passive never seems to proc (or at least, the animation for it sucks)
      • I should be able to fix this
    • Brainstorm should remove debuffs or the tooltips should be updated so that only Mental Agility removes debuffs
      • I already have the code to do this

January 18, 2010 12:18:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

+ minion hp items don't affect pokemon

I can do this

the electrictity shock thing passive never seems to proc (or at least, the animation for it sucks)

I should be able to fix this

Brainstorm should remove debuffs or the tooltips should be updated so that only Mental Agility removes debuffs

I already have the code to do this

January 20, 2010 12:40:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Update

1. + minion hp items don't affect pokemon
      • I checked and I had fixed this with the original version of the bugfix mod I released. (done)
    2. the electrictity shock thing passive never seems to proc (or at least, the animation for it sucks)
      • On the list of things to work on
    3. Towers missing on Ziggurate
      • Did they fix this or not, can someone check?
    4. Brainstorm should remove debuffs or the tooltips should be updated so that only Mental Agility removes debuffs
      • Fixed (done)
    5. Parasite Egg and Sludge Slinger
      • My mostly working solution is implimented (done)
    6. Qot Attack Animation
      1. Fixed (done)

Current Buglist

1. Rook Shoulder weapons having target locking issues
      1. I thought I had something to fix it. However, I'm having problems replicating the effect to test it.
    2. Occulus Lightning Balls sometimes summon into map void areas
      1. The original way I had to fix it isn't working. Would be it good enough to have them summoned like Shamblers (around the QoT in a cross pattern), rather than in a line as they are now?
    3. Sedna's low quality silence effect causes speakers to silence
      1. Unfixable since we can't access and change the sound files
    4. Scroll of Restoration is bugged
      1. I'm not certain this is a bug and not a feature. I seem to recall the code only working on debuffs and not stuns.
    5. Effects that stop regeneration are bugged
      1. The fix provided is understandable, I'm not certain it works though. Its on the todo list
    6. Lord Erebus mist continues to work when out of mana (in some cases)
      1. On the todo list
    7. SkillInfoMod
      1. It is still unfinished (On the todo list)
    8. Occulus lacks a shield animation/skin
      1. todo list

Current Unincorporated Patch List

1. Heart of Life (and Wings of S.) effect ends when healed

Community Request

I've got less time than I'd like these days to work on bugfixing, it would help so very much if I could get some help on things. What I need are people to do the following jobs. Your payment will be in invisible valueless internet credits.

Forum Buglist Maintainers - People to search and maintain the information provided by the forum. I need a consolidated buglist, that is accurate with links to any threads discussing the bugs.

Bug Documenters - I need people to test and document bugs. If I could get someone to find a way to reliably duplicate the Rook Shoulder weapon lockup, that would be awesome.

Bug Hunters - I need more reliable bug finding. I'm sure there are lots of things that are glitched in small ways. I just need people to create reliable detailed reports about them. I don't want to have to search through posts talking about how the UB is glitched because he killed you with spit after you ran away with 500 health.

Bug Fixers - I'm not very good at Lua. Sorian, bman, and so many others are so much better than I am. If other, more competent people, (or even people who aren't competent but are willing to learn) would add their own fixes, that would help very much. It would also allow me to not have to do anything, which I'm am okay with.

BugFix Maintainer - Someone to be in charge of organizing the information we have about bugs and fixes. They would also maintain the forum presence updating threads, consolidating information, and keeping things organized. They would also be in charge of working with the community to evaluate if fixes are fixes or if they are too far into balance changes. The AI mod Peppe was working on and  the SkillInfoMod are both fixes that fall under this category.

Other - There are probably tons of other things that should probably be done that I didn't think of. If you can think of a way to contribute, do it. I can also provide you a nifty free title to go with your contribution if you request one.

I know this has been a rather long post. It seems anything I write turns into a rather long post, however stay with me for one final inspiring rant.

Demigods is a good game, but it could be better. Frogboy has posted about how GPG is busy with Supreme Commander 2 and not very interested in Demigods right now. Frogboy has also post about how Stardock has been paying for all of the post-release content and changes that GPG has created for Demigods up until this point. Frogboy has also posted that he is tired of all the abuse this community heaps on him and Stardock for the changes they have accomplished so far. Everything we have gotten so far is because of them, and our foremost way of thanking them is to criticize and complain.  If we want more content, we need to do something positive, something to help out with Demigods, something to convince Frogboy, Stardock, and GPG that they shouldn't just dump the community because it is racid trash. This BugFixing mod is one way we can do this. I can't do this all alone, I don't have the time, talent, or skills to do it. I do have some minor contributions, but for this to be a success I need help. Your help. However small it is, every little bit matters. If you like Demigods, if you want to show Stardock and GPG that Demigods is worth investing in, give us a hand.

Thanks for reading. -- Ptarth.

January 20, 2010 3:51:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you're amazing Ptarth

January 20, 2010 8:47:18 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you're amazing Ptarth

Ptarth is doing more work on this than i am....

Well, now i have to add a disclaimer to the op....

January 21, 2010 4:12:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Progress Update

• Occulus Lightning Ball Summons can appear in map void bug
      • fixed

Current Project

• Adding a weapon effect to Occulus's Lightning Weapon aura
    January 23, 2010 3:08:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bump

January 23, 2010 4:04:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ptarth,
    Progress Update

Current Project

Adding a weapon effect to Occulus's Lightning Weapon aura

Does this mean that currently the proc doesn't work at all or that because it's lacking an effect you can't see the damage numbers or the graphic but it does indeed work behind the scenes?

January 23, 2010 5:06:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Update:

• Oculus Lightning Blast I
      • There is a visual effect, it is a white lightning blast. It isn't very noticeable unless you are zoomed in. I think this is appropriate. I don't think it should be changed.
      • While examining the effect, I verified the ability works on idol summons and reinforcements. It also procs with ranged attacks (archers, priests, etc.).
      • However, the ability is somewhat glitched. The problem is that the ability procs a lightning blast at the origin of the unit that triggers the proc. This is NOT the unit the attack hits. The origin combined with the small aoe of the effect means that the ability has NO effect on minion/reinforcement battles, unless the units are overlapping. They do however typically affect demigods, because the demigods tend to overlap the minions. Unsurprisingly, archers are the most humorous example of this.
      • The fix is to change the origin to the target, which was actually pretty simple once I figured out what was wrong.
      • Additionally, the proc chance is the same for melee and ranged units, in contrast to most other weapon damage procs.
    • Missing Oculus Shield Effect
      • Amusingly enough, GPG also has an issue spelling Oculus correctly. The 1.20 files specifying the shield mesh incorrectly referenced the Occulus demigod. After fixing this I found that the mesh was incorrect because Oculus has 2 parts (minotaur & throne). The included files result in a silvered Oculus hovering in midair. However, by removing the reference to the invulnerability mesh, the engine takes care of anything.
      • Fixed

The end result is:
    No one in the community noticed that Lightning Blast doesn't work, except against demigods that overlap the target. I have a fix.

I have 3 questions:

1. Is this a feature or a bug? I would think it is a bug, and I fixed it. However some may disagree. If you do think this is as intended, please present an argument.
    2. Do other items and abilities that proc a damage effect rather than a buff effect have this glitch? If someone wants to look this up, I'd appreciate it.
    3. Should the ability have a reduced ranged attack procrate like every other damage effect?

Next Project:

I'm considering looking into Abilities that stop mana/life regen.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000329   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.