The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

[BUGFIX] Minions summoned with less than MaxHealth when using +minion health items

By on November 25, 2009 6:18:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Currently, minions are not summoned with full health if the demigod controller has +minion hp items. The only exception to this is vampires created by Lord Erebus when he possesses the Conversaion Aura. This bug hasn't been a focus issue because of the relatively low usage of +minion hp items, the difficulty in noticing this when minions are summoned, especially admist combat, and the continuous healing effect that priests (the most prevalent summon) generate. 

The original thread is here: https://forums.demigodthegame.com/362045

To demonstrate the effect of items on Lord Erebus Minions:

1. Start a skirmish game with Lord Erebus.
  2. Buy the level 1 minotaur idol and move away from the healing crystal before summoning. Note that the minotaurs are summoned with full health.
  3. Buy God Plate and suicide your minotaurs.
  4. Move away from the healing crystal and resummon the minotaurs, note that they no longer are summoned with max health.
  5. Next, proceed to a creep wave and remain in range until a vampire is created. Note that its health is not maxed. Repeat until you are convinced the health level is stable, less than max at creation. Suicide minions are necessary to allow new vampires to be created.
  6. Now, purchase the conversion aura rank 1. Proceed to create new vampire minions by killing creeps. Note that now your vampires are spawned with full health.

The mod that fixes this issue:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wgzz5lzdzmj/Minions Summon with Full Health.zip

Notes:

• This fixes the unique minions Shamblers, Yetis, Spirits, Ball Lightnings, and Vampires.
  • This also fixes idols summons for all demigod generals in 1.20.
  • The idols summons were fixed by editing the SummonMinions function in GeneralItems. All idols call this function and so only a single change was necessary.
  • Unique summons were more problematic because they directly call CreateUnitHPR. I had to add the heal line to each demigod individually.
  • I went with SetHealth instead of AdjustHealth because SetHealth uses fewer calculations. I don't think that this would interfere with anything.

This bugfix should probably be added to the next patch, so some SD awareness on its existance is necessary. Please politely nag them about it.

+89 Karma | 11 Replies
November 25, 2009 7:04:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This mod along with "bman's Godlike Team Panel" are the best mods yet.

Thumbs up for this fix and really great work

November 25, 2009 7:08:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

would be best to put these into one "how the game should be" mod

November 25, 2009 7:40:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

November 26, 2009 9:12:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

A bug fixing mod ?

Instant karma and a big thanks for the work here!

...such a shame for the gpg and stardock team, this is such a big shame....

ok lets try to get this into a quick patch. maybe theyl release a small patch with your stuff in it who knows...

November 26, 2009 11:51:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very nice job.

November 26, 2009 12:13:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does SD/GPG read these forums though?

November 26, 2009 12:18:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

big THX ptarth.....

can i use the mod with others that dont have it installed...i guess not....

to GPG / SD  please implement in next patch....

November 26, 2009 1:13:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very nice! This should really be implemented in the next patch!

January 24, 2010 2:23:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've added this bugfix to a combined bugfix. I will no longer be maintaining this. Please visit this thread for the new patch.

March 14, 2011 7:08:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cannot download, mediafire show the file as private :-/

is it a bug from mediafire ?

March 14, 2011 12:14:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hello.

IIRC this flaw was fixed with Demigod 1.03. However, other bugs are still present. I recommend you visit the UberFix thread for your Demigod antibug needs.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.