The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Why I love Demigod

By on November 10, 2009 7:29:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Demigod isn't perfect of course. No game is.  I have a laundry list of things I want to see changed and with the upcoming modding, I am hoping to see those changes happen.

That said, let me tell you why I think Demigod is the best new strategy game of 2009.

1. It has the best game mechanics of any RTS of 2009.  The balance between citadel upgrades, flags, and personal items are just wonderful.

2. The fact that it is really easy to learn how to play but that a well coordinated team can own 3 experts who don't play well together.

3. The multiple ways that most of the Demigods can play.

4. It's beautiful. I can zoom out and see the whole arena or I can zoom in and see stunning graphics. Demigod is that rare game that looks terrific but whose engine is highly practical too.

5. Sheer polish.  If you have a moderate system that plays fine today, fear not, the game looks incredible at 2500x1600 thus it won't get dated soon.

6. It's continuing to get better.  If you read the forum posts, you sometimes forget that the game has only been out about 6 months and has received continual updates throughout its life with more updates in the works. It ain't going anywhere.

Just some quick thoughts on the matter.

+892 Karma | 79 Replies
November 16, 2009 2:28:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Fearzone,

While people may say Demigod caters to 3 and 4, as a 3-type player myself, it feels skewed to 4.

that's only because more or less only such people remained. the others left the game long ago for different reasons.

the most important reason is that there is no teamed matchmaking system. hence casual players that want to play with friends are called premade and thrown in the same barrel together iwth the teams of type 4. that's no fun.

many people got pissed off getting into matches with strong teams not being able to avoid many of them. without a teamed matchmaking queue it allways will happen like this.

this is such an obvious thing, one why no other mp-game i know of lacks. if they had thought about it before releasing the game we would have still far more players and especiall more joining. and it is nothing difficult to implement, using  simple matching rules to match teams to fight against each others.

November 16, 2009 3:41:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

1. Single player. Only play against computer opponents.

2. Cooperative multiplayer. Play with others against computer opponents. Though you are all working together against an AI adversary, it is still competitive, with each trying to contribute the most to in terms of DPS, or the most creative use of support functions. Here is where MMOs found a highly addictive gameplay style, which before them was rare.

3. Casual competitive multiplayer. Prefer human adversaries to AI, but avoid leaderboards. They are looking more for a little fun after work rather than training for competitive match-ups.

4. Hard-core competitive multiplayer. Enough said.

I consider my self a singleplayer gamer. I usually play most games single player only. There are many MMO games out there that i really dont like at all. A few popular and successful games dont like are: World of Warcraft, HoN, LoL, DotA, and i absolutely hate Line Age 2 series. DotA and HoN are so similar, and although DotA has many many fans i dont see any interest in it. Currently ecept demigod i also play Borderlands. But i really dont like its multiplayer. It is co-op only and i have no interest in it. Instead i play Borderlands exclusively Singleplayer.

So generally i fall under category 1

But the thing is that Demigod is the first online game that got me hooked in mp and in fact i am truly addicted to it.

I dont know what u guys think about DG but I absolutely LOVE Demigod.

November 16, 2009 5:47:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

addiction and love isnt the same

November 17, 2009 7:29:24 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

addiction and love isnt the same

True but it can be both.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108434  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.