The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Little bitty pieces

By on July 31, 2009 10:41:47 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

image Did people think they’d have to wait until the August to start getting the meaty goodness of Demigod v1.2?

I don’t know about you but I just don’t have that kind of patience.

So instead, GPG and Stardock have decided to release the updates as they are completed.

Internally, we’re doing testing and work on Replays and Rematches. Rematches are where your game ends and you just want to play again without all the fuss.  Replays are where you can go back and look at the game you just played.  This first update is also designed to fix a LUA decompression bug that is causing some people to get instability when playing online. Plus, it fixes (I hope) the lingering issue with stat tracking. Plus it fixes an exploit issue with Erebus.

With the demo out, I am hopeful we’ll see this in the next week or so. No promises of course. There’s always the unexpected but that’s what’s happening internally right now.

+912 Karma | 102 Replies
August 2, 2009 6:04:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Poul,

Quoting Istari, reply 19
Could you guys fix the Sedna healing wind II/high priest bug while you're at it?  It's literally a one character change in the LUA file
Could you describe this bug in more detail?

There are like 20 topics about this bug.

We even have an answer how to FIX this bug from the 17th of July (thx to Woppin) !! Check this out:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/359398/page/1/#2305388

Actually I posted this error as soon as May 11. No one was interested. But as soon as I posted it not as a bug but as an exploit to make Sedna incredible hard to kill it got noticed well enough.

I hope the new DGs are interesting ... i kinda lost interest in DG lately.

August 2, 2009 6:07:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is there any confirmation about fixing the pathfinding issues?

August 2, 2009 7:17:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maxxy, it is true that you are "allowed to express [your] disappointment". You can talk all you want; no one is inclined to listen. Feel free to make your own website and publish your thoughts there.
No thanks, I am quite done here

Also, you should look up the term net neutrality; it doesn't mean what you think it means.
You are right. My mistake and thanks for pointing that out.

August 2, 2009 10:44:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

^^If you like The Maxx you can't be all bad...

August 3, 2009 2:16:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

maxxy

No thanks, I am quite done here

Don't let the door hit you on your way out & please do not come back.

August 3, 2009 2:52:33 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does the "Rematches fix" working also in SP or only in MP? I want to be able to rematch SP tournament game.

August 3, 2009 4:07:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maxxy, I know it can be an frustrating experience failing to get a game to work. But what are you doing here? By all standards, GPG/SD are doing their best to expand the game and/or fix bugs. You have made perfectly clear that you think that the game is not working/has not enough support/lacks features whatever(which I don't agree with) and already stated that you no longer play Demigod and don't have any intention to pick it up again. You say you are quite happy with HoN, why are you not posting on their forums? Why are you insulting the developers for adding new demigods, that somehow were added in later to squeesh money from, although their entirely free.

Go play HoN young man, and leave us alone with our buggy stupid little game. Thank you.

August 3, 2009 4:45:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Maxxy is quite right, to say that, as a purchaser of demigod, he has the right to complain about the quality of the product. However, posting on these forums is a privilege - NOT a right. Your posts can and will be moderated if they are deemed offensive or irrelevant to the thread. If you want to express your anger, do it in a private e-mail, not the public forums (or at least, start your own thread about it).

Btw, I notice it is now August. Where's my new Demigods!?

August 3, 2009 5:22:12 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What Kajex said.

August 3, 2009 7:31:38 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

kajexdraw
Btw, I notice it is now August. Where's my new Demigods!?

Pretty sure frogboy meant to say the end of August, rather than "the August" considering that the article was published on the last day of July.

August 4, 2009 3:15:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh great... now we have a pre-beta version of the game for people to try out and crap on....

August 4, 2009 3:33:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

lol cozwell, what are you talking about?

August 4, 2009 9:09:58 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1172

Looks like some people didn't like the demo

August 4, 2009 9:58:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I loled

August 4, 2009 10:12:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Walkerz9994,
http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1172

Looks like some people didn't like the demo

After playing the demo, I don't really think that it needs a tutorial.  This guy should have played solo against the easy AI before going online.  About everything in the game has a tooltip, so it's really not rocket science to figure out what's going on after a match or two.  A couple of matches against the AI would have taught him better than to play with Rook and think that he wouldn't die often. 

Anyhow, I thought that the demo was pretty impressive. I'll be picking up the retail game as soon as the 1.2 patch (and 2 new demigods) comes out.

P.S.  And why the hell did the guy at shacknews post a review of a demo when the retail version has been out for 4 months?  Why not review it?

August 5, 2009 2:59:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is no Tutorial in the demo?  Really?  Even after reveiwers took away marks for that in the retail?  Yes, I'm sure given time and effort, people can "figure it out", but this is a demo, and people download a demo to take a quick look at the game.  They at least include the rulebook in it somewhere, right?

August 5, 2009 4:57:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't think a tutorial would be all that helpful. What would be helpful though is togglable popup tips. Explaining the use of flags and warscore and creeps and such when you hover over them every once in a while.

August 5, 2009 5:55:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I can understand why some would need a tutorial. But still I think that review was kind of harch, for lack of better words.

August 5, 2009 6:31:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't think this has been said but if it has sorry about a double post. Frogboy any way we could get some SDK information or documents. i have a team of people itching to get to work on a mod. https://forums.demigodthegame.com/360517 

any hope to get any more info on it?

August 6, 2009 1:48:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so we just had a patch, and among other things it fixed:

Minion-in-citadel exploit

lvl3 priest bug.

Great news, except for when I want to play Sedna

August 6, 2009 2:14:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Restricted unit movement around and through Citadels on all maps to prevent pathing errors and exploits for Generals and Minions. 'Erebus' bug.
Sedna’s Healing Wind buff adjusted for High Priest from 30% to 19% bonus.
Temporarily disabled Hex Scroll, Ring of Divine Might, and the Horn of Battle until associated army buffs can be properly reconfigured to deal with timeout conflicts.
- Fixed bug where games where the host quit did not report stats accurately
- Fixed bug where the player’s skill level could be reset to 0
- Tweaked the algorithm for choosing the best proxy server 

Read before asking guys.

August 6, 2009 2:21:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting the_hunger,

P.S.  And why the hell did the guy at shacknews post a review of a demo when the retail version has been out for 4 months?  Why not review it?

It's specifically a 'demo impression' article, and to be fair, he does mention that it becomes fun once you figure it out, and didn't give it a half bad score.

The demo also comes with the entire manual in pdf. It's a pretty light read and even has a really short "how to play" section.

August 6, 2009 3:15:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can someone please explain to me what the "minion in buildings" bug was? Or maybe give me a link to a topic that elaborates on it? I'm pretty active on this forum but it's the first time I hear about it

August 6, 2009 3:25:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting twifightDG,
Can someone please explain to me what the "minion in buildings" bug was? Or maybe give me a link to a topic that elaborates on it? I'm pretty active on this forum but it's the first time I hear about it

Basically minions could walk through the walls of the citadel (they literally take the shortest route, through it) so someone with a lot of minions (i.e. Erebus) could send all of his minions into the enemy Citadel, and make them attack it from the inside. Although a AoE attack would kill them (or just putting your demigod close enough to the citadel so he/she could AA them), most players did not know how to deal with it, and the game just wasn't supposed to be designed like that anyway. Coupled with something like Horn of Battle, the strategy was game-breaking.

August 6, 2009 7:41:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

so I'm guessing the the patch deployed today wasted the patch fb was talking about? After patch today DG says 1.10.0164 & impulse is still saying 1.10 even after close & re-executing it.

hmmm..... =+Þ

Chris Taylor isn't what he used to be like back in the TA Cavedog days... new unit every week for 2 or 3 month if I remember correctly & game exploit addressed quickly. I guess life's not as simple as it used to be.

Zen

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000453   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.