The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Little bitty pieces

By on July 31, 2009 10:41:47 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

image Did people think they’d have to wait until the August to start getting the meaty goodness of Demigod v1.2?

I don’t know about you but I just don’t have that kind of patience.

So instead, GPG and Stardock have decided to release the updates as they are completed.

Internally, we’re doing testing and work on Replays and Rematches. Rematches are where your game ends and you just want to play again without all the fuss.  Replays are where you can go back and look at the game you just played.  This first update is also designed to fix a LUA decompression bug that is causing some people to get instability when playing online. Plus, it fixes (I hope) the lingering issue with stat tracking. Plus it fixes an exploit issue with Erebus.

With the demo out, I am hopeful we’ll see this in the next week or so. No promises of course. There’s always the unexpected but that’s what’s happening internally right now.

+912 Karma | 102 Replies
August 6, 2009 10:40:37 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the demo, people always complain about how bad the game is based on the demo

August 7, 2009 12:07:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hate to admit it, but the pic made me abit giddy

August 8, 2009 11:47:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting ZenSter,
so I'm guessing the the patch deployed today wasted the patch fb was talking about? After patch today DG says 1.10.0164 & impulse is still saying 1.10 even after close & re-executing it.

hmmm..... =+Þ

Chris Taylor isn't what he used to be like back in the TA Cavedog days... new unit every week for 2 or 3 month if I remember correctly & game exploit addressed quickly. I guess life's not as simple as it used to be.

Zen

CT was just the creative director of DG and I doubt he has much (if anything) to do with it post release. They're aiming for more demigods for this game though, with the two first ones being free.

Supcom still has age old exploits that aren't getting fixed as well. I think the "patch coming soon" thread has been going for about a year.

August 8, 2009 1:02:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

that's for other reasons that don't need to be discussed in this thread however.

Life is more complicated for game developers now though. That and I believe GPG just got a bunch of new guys whos first project at GPG was Demigod. But things are starting to pick up with bug fixes coming out and features coming up.

August 8, 2009 1:25:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting regabond,
that's for other reasons that don't need to be discussed in this thread however.

Errm, why not? I'm quite curious about those reasons. Maybe it's a bit offtopic but it's from GPG too so not entirely.

August 8, 2009 2:09:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Basically it boils down to THQ and their decisions to drop support.

August 13, 2009 5:28:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any chance you could provide the community with the near-term road-map of planned fixes and features?  I'm not asking for dates or commitments, just the current view of work on hand and how it has been prioritized.

I went through the v1.2 thread that's locked and didn't see anything confirming what is in and what is out.  This thread also doesn't provide those details.

You will likely get praise/criticism for the content of the road-map, just like you get now as each patch is released, but it would be once and up-front.  I for one, would greatly appreciate being provided with such insight into the support of the game.  As it stands now, I see many outstanding issues and requests and have no idea what is coming with the next set of patches.

August 13, 2009 7:14:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting brjoha,
Any chance you could provide the community with the near-term road-map of planned fixes and features?  I'm not asking for dates or commitments, just the current view of work on hand and how it has been prioritized.

I went through the v1.2 thread that's locked and didn't see anything confirming what is in and what is out.  This thread also doesn't provide those details.

You will likely get praise/criticism for the content of the road-map, just like you get now as each patch is released, but it would be once and up-front.  I for one, would greatly appreciate being provided with such insight into the support of the game.  As it stands now, I see many outstanding issues and requests and have no idea what is coming with the next set of patches.

This is a reasonable request.

August 13, 2009 8:38:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Next on our list are the rematches, LUA decompression crash issue, Alt-Esc issues, and replays.  No promises on an exact date but (fingers crossed) in the next week or so depending on QA.

That's the closest thing I could find. Posted august the 6th so should be soon.

August 14, 2009 11:57:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What was the point of this topic if it were all LIES????

August 19, 2009 12:50:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just noticed this (must have been far down the articles list when I posted earlier)...

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/360013

...and would very much like to know what falls under "various bug fixes".

I noticed PAX starts in about two weeks, so what's the status of v1.2?  Has the content changed?  Is it on schedule?

August 22, 2009 11:25:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Did people think they’d have to wait until the [end of] August to start getting the meaty goodness of Demigod v1.2?

Yes. Yes we did.

August 23, 2009 7:38:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I will lol when September rolls around and not a single piece of 1.2 has been released.

I will also cry. Secretly.

August 23, 2009 9:36:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well IIRC the august the 6th patch was the first bit, but god knows why it is taking so long for the next part.

I'm looking forward to the new demigod (if it's in the v1.2 patch at all)

August 23, 2009 9:54:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting brjoha,
I just noticed this (must have been far down the articles list when I posted earlier)...

I noticed PAX starts in about two weeks, so what's the status of v1.2?  Has the content changed?  Is it on schedule?

Brad says there will be an announcement tomorrow!!!

August 23, 2009 9:58:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If the annoucement is "there is no information at this time" I'm seriously going to be annoyed

August 24, 2009 12:21:16 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,

Quoting brjoha, reply 86I just noticed this (must have been far down the articles list when I posted earlier)...

I once knew a dev named Brad who promised the world.  Instead, we got Vanguard.

August 24, 2009 6:56:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Trigeminal,

Hmm, 6:55pm EST...  anyone, anyone, Bueller?

The Oculus announcement is nice and all, but I think the community is starving for news on the 1.2 update.  How about it?

August 25, 2009 12:24:02 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, no new info whatsoever on the status of v1.2...

I can only assume all resources are being poured into the two new demigods so that there's something to show at PAX.  Some positive press is desperately needed, and it'd be a sensible business decision.  It's just a shame the exisitng (but rapidly dwindling) community keeps getting shafted in the process.

Stardock, please make me eat my words and release an update before the end of the month, like the top post in this thread led us to believe would happen.

EDIT: Sorry, wrote that after a few bad games and have had a chance for the blood pressure to come down a bit.  I really do appreciate the communication coming from Stardock, but hope you also understand how it feeds frustration when things are said but don't happen.  Anyway, it's just a game - not worth the aggravation - time to move on.

August 25, 2009 3:40:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting brjoha,
EDIT: Sorry, wrote that after a few bad games and have had a chance for the blood pressure to come down a bit.  I really do appreciate the communication coming from Stardock, but hope you also understand how it feeds frustration when things are said but don't happen.  Anyway, it's just a game - not worth the aggravation - time to move on.
Coffee was invented for just this.

August 25, 2009 9:18:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Lol, gotta love companies promising bullshit over and over whenever they feel like it. Must be the latest trend among the gaming companies. Did we think we'd have to wait until the end of August to get the meaty goodness"?Yea I think we did, it's the end of August right now, and it said in the other thread, they won't be able to even show us anything in August, much less add it to the game.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we saw nothing by the end of September,or even past that.

August 26, 2009 1:45:50 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Your so silly they braught out a patch this month...  A PATCH THAT TOOK ITEMS OUT OF THE GAME....DUM DUM DUMMMMMMMM

August 26, 2009 2:02:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Zen
CT was just the creative director of DG and I doubt he has much (if anything) to do with it post release. They're aiming for more demigods for this game though, with the two first ones being free.

^<<<------- are you saying there's a chance we would be PAYING for new DG Additions?

Edit: didn't quote rofl sorry TO's Post up above

August 26, 2009 6:06:54 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Scufo,
I will lol when September rolls around and not a single piece of 1.2 has been released.

I will also cry. Secretly.

Heh, that's how I feel too.   It kind of does go against what he said, but you still want to let them take the time to get things done propperly (but it's impossible to hide the disappointment ).

And yes Mikato, it would appear that they plan to charge for future demigods beyond these upcoming first two, though nothing has been set in stone yet.

August 26, 2009 6:19:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's the downside of Brad posting on this forum. We as gamers are probably never totally happy, in this case a byproduct of our enthusiasm for the game, but you have to note the alternative. Brad could just say "screw it, I will never announce anything and you will all just see it when it's done (or not)". Then we would all complain that we hear nothing from Brad anymore. Because of this I read announcements with great anticipation, but do not make whine posts about promises not delivered.

Secondly though is a thing that makes me worry. I bought this game knowing it only had 8 demigods and a few maps. They promised that more content would be added for free later. I thought "Cool, I'll just buy the game and have fun with the existing content now, and when I have played through it new stuff will arrive". However I have yet to see anything from GPG. Sure, we get 2 new ones now, because Brad payed for it. Brad posted that ideally we would get 4 for free, 2 payed for by SD and 2 payed for by GPG.  But where are GPG's demigods? Where are the new maps? The way support has gone lately I highly doubt that we'll see much beyond the demon assassin and the oculus. Sure, we'll get community mod stuff, but GPG will probably use that as an excuse to not make anything anymore themselves.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000016   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.