The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Locked Post

Looking towards Epoch 3

By on July 18, 2009 11:39:23 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Real quick informal survey here.

When we get to Epoch 3 for Demigod, what do you think about changing it so that custom games no longer count wins and losses ??? only Pantheon/Skirmish games would.

The pre-requisites for Demigod: Epoch 3 are:

1. Satisfaction that the statistical tracking is very robust.

2. Better handling of Pantheon / Skirmish match making (something we would like your input to with regards to people quitting before the game starts and such).

3. Next Demigod update that addresses the LUA decompression issue that causes crashes for some people.

+897 Karma | 135 Replies
July 21, 2009 10:15:46 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Almost on topic, but I vote for ranked team games (whatever the form).

July 21, 2009 11:40:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Get rid of custom ranking.  It makes people act like assholes and not enjoy the game.  They want the rank.  I personally like the ranking and being able to show people that I can play demigod but I think a lot of people take it too seriously.

July 23, 2009 2:18:01 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

DING DONG the game is dead Give it up FB u gave up on this pos months ago

July 23, 2009 3:21:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Whatever happened to the expansion? Or is Stardock finally done with this game? 

July 23, 2009 3:45:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting WallaceKnoop,

Yep, they are. They know that with HoN and League of Legends right around the corner, and both of them offering so much more than Demigod (with LoL being released with over 40 heroes and having much more strategic depth), Demigod stands no chance of retaining players.

July 23, 2009 4:01:36 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Enraged_Camel,

Quoting WallaceKnoop,
reply 4

Yep, they are. They know that with HoN and League of Legends right around the corner, and both of them offering so much more than Demigod (with LoL being released with over 40 heroes and having much more strategic depth), Demigod stands no chance of retaining players.
LoL are you serious? it looks like a cartoon and I know im sticking with demigod...

July 23, 2009 5:02:22 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

lol......

July 23, 2009 5:34:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting bane_solemon,

LoL are you serious? it looks like a cartoon and I know im sticking with demigod...

My thoughts exactly.

July 23, 2009 6:31:50 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting bane_solemon,

Quoting Enraged_Camel, reply 5

Quoting WallaceKnoop,
reply 4

Gameplay > Graphics

Pretty much a time-proven truism as far as video games go.

July 23, 2009 8:33:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks like everyone is done giving useful feedback here. Closing.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000313   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.