The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

SPOILERS - Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Did you like it?

By on June 24, 2009 2:35:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

loved it, well most of it. I saw a lot of poor reviews so I went in skeptical. In the end though, I really enjoyed the movie. A lot of funny parts, and cool stuff exploding. It got corny at times.

optimus prime is a badass.the only sad touching part was when he died at first, but i figured they bring him back

the story got cornyat the end. I hate that destiny bs, I don't believe it and it's ridiculous to me when movies bring it up. it's the only thing i hated about the movie

effects were great

THERE WAS A RAILGUN, and it rocked

i didn't get bored and being longer than 2 hours, that could of been very awful if it did start getting lame

the story was a bit jumbled at times, but it was kinda clear at end.

one question, what happened to the twins? they were messing the big thing up then they were gone

+21 Karma | 90 Replies
June 24, 2009 4:33:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bump - im assuming more have seen it by now and probably will tonight, so i want this thread going! and i dont want 100 other threads

June 24, 2009 4:41:09 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

ummmm... Its out? lol not interested enough to put the time and money into seeing it... PErhaps if I didn't have a wife a toddler and a fetus to care for..

June 24, 2009 5:02:48 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I enjoyed it.  I have good and bad things to say, most of which I will avoid for the sake of spailers.

I will say, I like how they throw in references to not just the generation 1 transformers.   Personally I want mostly G1 stuff, since I'm a fanboy, but its nice to see other characters as well.

I was almost expecting Sam witwiky to be turned into Rodimus prime or something head-masters style when he had the matrix of leadership. 

June 24, 2009 5:07:52 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I refuse to pay money to go see a commercial

June 24, 2009 5:10:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting landisaurus,
I enjoyed it.  I have good and bad things to say, most of which I will avoid for the sake of spailers.

I will say, I like how they throw in references to not just the generation 1 transformers.   Personally I want mostly G1 stuff, since I'm a fanboy, but its nice to see other characters as well.

I was almost expecting Sam witwiky to be turned into Rodimus prime or something head-masters style when he had the matrix of leadership. 

the whole point is to talk about movie

June 26, 2009 11:02:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

another bump - friday, hoping more have seen

June 26, 2009 11:43:55 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Good movie but the free hyper sexualisation wasn't needed. Hard these days to see a movie were the guy puts his freakign pants on and says no like a mana nd remain loyal to his GF. What is the world comming too.

June 27, 2009 6:44:55 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

well, depends on what you expect from such a movie. is an intelligent movie? hell no! does it explain everything? not exactly. are there inconsistancies? there are. but is it fun to watch? yes, quite so. it's really two hours of metal-trashing, action packed mindless fighting. if you expect much more than that, you'll probably be disappointed.

btw, didn't see part 1, but I doubt that so much more would be explained there. picked up the basics during the movie and read up on wikipedia afterwards. doesn't look like I missed all that much.

June 27, 2009 7:24:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i enjoyed it, but omfg the fight scenes towards the end dragged out!

June 27, 2009 7:27:21 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

well, depends on what you expect from such a movie. is an intelligent movie? hell no! does it explain everything? not exactly. are there inconsistancies? there are. but is it fun to watch? yes, quite so. it's really two hours of metal-trashing, action packed mindless fighting. if you expect much more than that, you'll probably be disappointed.

btw, didn't see part 1, but I doubt that so much more would be explained there.

If you didn't see the first one, or if you haven't seen the original cartoons, then you have missed quite alot. Not as much as more complex movies.

Having seen the first one and the cartoons, I loved this fim. I liked the pacing, action, references to the cartoon and plenty of hints at the complex relationship between Starscream and Megatron. The action was great and I didn't expect the film to explain the meaning of life.

June 28, 2009 2:34:04 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

CAREFUL: SPOILERS

I loved the movie. My friend, my dad, and I went to see a movie about guns, robots, and stuff blowing up and we got it. We liked the forest scene, where Optimus went axe crazy and started hacking away. When he died, I was stunned for a second and then remebered: This is Optimus Prime. He dosen't stay dead for long. I liked the final battle, especially the part with Simmons and the giant robot. My friend and I, being obsessed with next-gen weapons, started freaking out when he said "railgun". One shot, one kill. I liked the final showdown with the Fallen, which is basicaly a set up for a massive battle that turns out to be a one stroke, "OMGWTFPWNED"moment of awesomeness. I agree that they could have left out a lot of the sexualy themed moments, but all in all it was a good, explosion filled, made-of-win film. I will defenately be seeing it again.

Samurye.

June 28, 2009 3:14:56 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Samurye you and I feel exactly the same.

June 28, 2009 4:18:13 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

So do I. The part when Optimus ripped that Decepticon's head in half was some serious pwnage.

June 28, 2009 4:35:54 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting EadTaes,
Good movie but the free hyper sexualisation wasn't needed. Hard these days to see a movie were the guy puts his freakign pants on and says no like a mana nd remain loyal to his GF. What is the world comming too.

RIGHT? decent guys get all the short ends!

anyway back to the movie, i watched it online (like always, if i like it i buy the dvd)and aside from the ending with the railgun it was a let down (although the part were sam makes out with the robot chic made me laugh pretty hard) not that i was expecting much.

the first one was better, it had, i felt, a deeper plot. this was just wam bam fight scenes that reminded me of the matrix showdown scenes from the 3rd movie (though not as epic).

all in all u get an action movie not heavily relient on acting, lots of fight scenes and very little practicality (robot make out part reminds me of terminator 3), and why mount a railgun on a destroyer and not an aircraft?

June 28, 2009 11:19:14 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

well, in all fairness, she was a goddamn robot with a tail and a five foot metal tongue... there wasnt a lot he could have done...

now, i have to say, the when i first say the first movie, i was pissed off. when i go to see a movie, i go to escape the fickle, mundane, pathetic humans/reality i have to co-exist with/in. Im not interested in listening to Sam Witwicky's goddamn crackpot mother blabbering on or his dickhead father being a prick with the "get off of  my grass and onto my path", or that loser Sector 7 agent and his abundance of incompetence! Honestly, the best parts of that movie were when the soldiers or the Autobots/decepticons etc were on screen.

now, conversely, i like number 2 much better, the parents were still annoying beyond belief, but i liked the scenes between sam and mikaela, especially at the beginning with the saying 'i love you' and how she tried to break up with him but he convinced her not to without once saying anything cliche.

the transformers battles were alot better, the twins annoyed me a bit but meh, and the battle at the end was just epic, between the carpet bombings and the tanks and CAS missions and naval railguns... mmm... it was sweet, very entertaining.

the portrayal of the typical jackass fucking beaurecrat the under-secretary of defense or whoever he was, again annoyed me, nothing personal against him, but beaurecrats always piss me off, in any film.

and i too was sad when Optimus died. Function of being a freaking 10 meter tall robot... deaths tend to be rather violent...

there were a bunch of things that still annoyed me, but all in all i was much more impressed by this movie than the last. i did noice that new characters werent built upon that much, and the old ones (barring bumbblebee, optimus and to a lesser extent, ironhide) didnt get much attention either, the twins got the most coverage... rather irritating, but oh well, and it made me wonder why they didnt focus on the other autobots as much?

i dont know why, maybe its michael bay, maybe its one of the writers, they seem to like to write stories about unlikely hero's and focus on the mundane becoming something interesting. i HATE this practise. if i want mundane, i can go back to school and attend classes, i can get a job and put up with meaningless dickheads performing some useless and overblown service for some company or organisation, who think they are king shit because they have a title, or i can come home and listen to the crap on the news about how this poor legless, armless goatless boy in Iraq is suffering, or how, omg, now in addition to fast food, smoking, drinking, getting a tan, terrorit attacks and gun violence can kill you,, now we have to worry about petrol fumes at gas stations and how there is a big government conspiracy to cover up the danger (no joke, that was running here in Australia for a few weeks a couple of months ago). i dont want to listen to mundane and insufferable people at the place where i go to escape the fucking pathetic and useless nature of a majority of life on this planet. if you want proof, spend a few hours watching MTV or Fox8 and see what i mean.

phew, anyway, rant ended, sorta got a bit off topic there (i hate whoever's fault it is for making Transformers like it was, with the whole imperfect hero idea, so whenever i think about it i just get crazy)

anyway, i think there will be a third movie, who else thinks similar?

June 28, 2009 11:38:42 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I for one liked the oarents. They reminded me a lot of my own parents... only less crazy.

June 28, 2009 2:44:39 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting agentx250,
why mount a railgun on a destroyer and not an aircraft?

Evidently, you know nothing of railgun physics. The recoil is tremedous. If you mounted it on a plane, your plane would either be ripped to shreds, or blasted out of the sky by the force of the recoil. That is why real railguns are mounted on destroyers, not to mention the fact that they are developed by the Navy....

Samurye.

June 28, 2009 2:49:40 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting TheRezonator,

the portrayal of the typical jackass fucking beaurecrat the under-secretary of defense or whoever he was, again annoyed me, nothing personal against him, but beaurecrats always piss me off, in any film.

That was his only purpose: To be the annoying, stupid baurecratic nutjob who dosen't know anything, but still insists on calling the shots. That is why it was so satisfying to see him get thrown out of the plane....

Quoting TheRezonator,

i think there will be a third movie, who else thinks similar?

That is confrmed. Release date: 2011-2012. Possibly featruring Unicron.

Samurye.

June 28, 2009 5:02:26 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Loved it. Would have liked a little more dialouge from the robots, but that's just a small gadfly.

Favorite parts:

Devestator's arrival. My jaw hit the floor when I saw how FREAKING HUGE he was, and that shot inside his "mouth" when he was sucking up the sand was scary as hell.

Optimus fusing with Jetfire. Prime looked really heroic with that black armor, and it turned him into the biggest badass ever. When he tore The Fallen's face off, I almost cheered, but then remembered I'd probobly get kicked out of the theatre.

All things considered, a crazy thrill ride that's a blast to watch.

Possibly featruring Unicron

June 28, 2009 5:37:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Movie was much better then the first. I like that the Decepticons got some lines. We really got to see Megatrons and Starcreams interaction this time. Soundwave was AWSOME.

One thing that did bug me a bit is that Megatron seemed smaller this time. In the first movie he was a Titan compared to everyone, but this time he just seems only a little bigger then everyone else.

June 28, 2009 6:31:58 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Scoutdog,
I for one liked the parents. They reminded me a lot of my own parents... only less crazy.

i feel so sorry for you... personally, i wouldnt be able to function with parents as screwed up as them (result of how i was raised myself)

Quoting Samurye,

Quoting TheRezonator,
reply 15

That was his only purpose: To be the annoying, stupid baurecratic nutjob who dosen't know anything, but still insists on calling the shots. That is why it was so satisfying to see him get thrown out of the plane....

oh, i realise this, and i did enjoy seeing him fly out of the plane... personally i would have puhed him out of the plane first and yelled the instructions to him afterwards. i know its a plot device to add a small but nonetheless formidable complication into the story... but for gods sake hasnt the dickhead public servant idea been done to death? and if you answer that its a realistic part of life and therefore very likely to happen in any movie, well goddamn, its a sad life indeed, and maybe something needs to be changed? (lynch the beaurecrats?)

Quoting Samurye,
Quoting TheRezonator,
reply 15

i think there will be a third movie, who else thinks similar?

That is confrmed. Release date: 2011-2012. Possibly featruring Unicron.

Samurye.

Awesome... except they say the world is going to end in 2012... oh well, one more chance to see Megan Fox

One thing that did bug me a bit is that Megatron seemed smaller this time. In the first movie he was a Titan compared to everyone, but this time he just seems only a little bigger then everyone else.

yeah, i did wonder about that... i guess they realised that some of the bigger transformers just got too massive because they had to be bigger than megatron and he himself was already huge so...

and, correct me if im mistaken, but:

1. Didnt Megatron transform into a tank in the cartoon series? Much like Devastator from the first movie?

2. Didnt Bonecrusher (that military truck with what looked like a large 5 prong fork on a moving arm at the back) get destroyed in the first movie? I saw him for a few seconds during one of the Decepticon scenes...

June 28, 2009 6:41:05 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I just saw it, and while I thought it was OK, the first movie was definately superior:

• - Not "epic" enough. The college humor in the middle of these oh-so-important battle scenes really broke the effect.
  • - Maybe it's just me, but I got put off by the right-wing bias that kept cropping up. Those people SCARE me! (And before the nuts come out, the left-wingers scare me, too.)
  • - I know that undersecretary something-or-other was supposed to be the bad guy, but I sort of felt sorry for him when he got yanked out of the plane by that psycho soldier dude.
  • - The sort of blatant sex-appeal they tried to pull drvies me nuts. Makes them seem desperate. (Plus, I for one thought that the girl [Mikeleah?] looked really creepy.... but maybe that was just my aspect ratio....)
  • - A few loose ends showed up in the form of Decepticons that were still active and around after the movie ended (that flat nanobot thingie springs immediately to mind).
  • - Another probelm: is Sam still going to be compelled to deaw those symbols all over everyone and everything?
  • - The "brainsnake" must have some sort of immaterial appendage: there is no connection between the sinuses and the barin tissue. To get inside, that bot would have HAD to break through tissue, which would give Sam one HECK of a nosebleed.
  • - These people should study their geography! A quick visit to Google Earth shows that Egypt does not border Jordan: there is a big chunk of Israel in the way! (And I find it odd that the US would call for Jordainian support: Israel is renowned for its military, and they like us better than Jordan does). Also, there are no pyramids anywhere NEAR the Gulf of Aqaba. Finally, the Great Pyramids of Giza (and I know it's them, as I saw the Sphinx) are some 224 miles away from the gulf (360 Km, for those of us in the rest of the world)
  • - That railgun was really messed up: it fires over several hundred miles, and still has the energy to bore through whatever Devastator is made of! I am assuming that that metal is more durable than the gun's support (if it wan't, conventional weapons would have done the job), and since every action has a equal and opposite reaction, the gun should ave been ripped off it's mount and hurled backward. (That's if it didn't just throw the whole ship back, and potentially over!)
  • - Nobody seemed to care that there might have been civillians still in the town when they blew it up.
  • - Starscream's EMP acts in a completely contrary manner to what physics dictates. According to Brad's EMP thread, a radio would probably not be affected, as it has no massive wire to build up a charge. (and aren't military gadgets hardened, anyway?)
  • - Why would Strascream pick up new body markings? They make him more obvious to the military (no more moment of hesitation as they wonder "is that friendly?), and we see from the last movie that he doesn't NEED them....
  • ++ The parents were HILARIOUS! They remind me of my parents....
  • ++ Some REALLY cool gadgetry in there! The ball-bearing nanobots were fun, as was the cougar thingy. I imagine that that is what advanced robotic technology would ACTUALLY be like.
  • + The larger robots also looked prety impressive, and had some nice abilities.
  • + I loved the "mech hive" facility on one of Saturns moons (not sure which ONE, though).
  • + Soundwave hacking into that satellite was a nice touch, too.
  • + The Fallen's gravity warping was (in my opinion) the coolest example of Cybertronian technology in the entire movie.
  • + That, and Devastator (the sucky thing) in general.
  • ++ In fact, the effects were increadibly well-done overall.
June 28, 2009 8:05:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

scoutdog - it almost seems like you were looking for things to hate and went in biased

who knows if starscream's thing was exactly like an emp?  who knows if the doctor bot didn't patch him up right after and if not, why show all the blood anyway? railgun - how do you know how heavy the shell was in comparison to the boat?

there were minor descrepencies I didn't like - where are the twins? why so many decepticons now?

it's transformers come though:), i don't know your age and your attatchment to transformers(i was never really attached), but I was just looking for explosions and i was happy

June 28, 2009 8:17:40 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

I'm 15, and I used to have a few models when I was younger, but I never really got into it.

I decided to do my nitpicking and my critiqueing in the same post, and using the same "-" mark, but they are different. I don't mind nits, and they are not "things to hate": they're just there. Plus a lot of the negatives were less negative than the positives were positive, if you get what I am saying: for exaple, the parents MORE than compensated for the loose ends, the politics, AND the girl's deformed lips.

As for the railgun, I doubt that the mass would have TERRIBLY much of an effect: If it could destroy Devastator, it should more than exceed the structural limitations of the turret mount. (Then again, we never really SAW what happened to the turret after it fired, and we never got any more shots from the thing, so maybe it did fail catestrophically. This would actually make sense, as the capitain was EXTREMELY reluctant to fire it in the first place.)

June 28, 2009 8:25:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i understand, as for railgun, who knows, im not trying do the physics or conduct the armor strength or anything

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000813   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.