The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Lost Connections to all other players in 100% of games today

By on June 14, 2009 5:05:24 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Drukqs

Join Date 05/2009

This happens in both skirmish and custom games.  I'll join a game, initial connection goes well enough, low ping.  Then 5-30 minutes into a game the lag window pops up and next to each other player it says client ejected by Drukqs.  I hear "A player has left the game" and then see ________ has been replaced by AI for all of the other players.

I have 10meg down and 1meg up and I'm connected directly to my modem.  2.86 Core2Extreme, 4g RAM, 1g VRAM

Locked Post 22 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 14, 2009 7:17:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My friend used to have this issue. We never found a way to fix it. So idks

June 14, 2009 9:23:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Had this problem since release and no info or help about it as many times as I said something or asked for it =/.

June 15, 2009 10:58:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks like your ISP does some auto disconnect on p2p....

June 15, 2009 11:03:19 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Opawan,
Looks like your ISP does some auto disconnect on p2p....

This might be true or maybe not.  I get very frequent disconnects in this game more than anything else, but also occasionally in L4D and TF2, sometime even while watching a video on hulu or yutube.  Either way it sounds like your modem or router or line to blade server or ISP blocking.  What happens with your modem lights?

What solves the problem (allows you to get back online)?

June 18, 2009 6:33:51 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have exactly the same problem. In a custom game, it will normally do this a minute into the game - for Pantheon games, it seems to take a lot longer, but it always happens. I've followed the port forwarding guides linked on the forums, to no success, and turned off my IP filtering. I'm using a BT connection, and have no online issues in any other game at all, and don't think they block peer-to-peer traffic.

It has no effect on my overall internet connection at all - I don't lose access to the internet, and if running other online software on another machine that continues running. Basically, it just seems to be Demi-god in particular.

Thing is, I'm beginning to not even want to test the online play, because whenever I drop I let down my teammates and they have to suffer an AI bot taking over, which doesn't seem fair at all.

June 18, 2009 10:59:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

There is a topic, two doors down, from Frogboy (Stardock) that asks for some specific info to aid troubleshooting.  Check it out at:

We are here to help!

June 21, 2009 11:17:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am having the same exact issue.  Does anyone know what the issue is? Has anyone resolved this?

June 22, 2009 9:16:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yeah, me too. And it's only started up recently, I used to be able to play games online no problem - now all of a sudden I disconnect about 30 seconds into game. I have no problems doing anything else on my computer - like Maledict says, it just seems to be Demigod.

June 23, 2009 12:23:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I am having the same problem as the OP - disconnects 5-30 minutes into the game, very frequently.

Open ports 6112-6200 - done. Even gave them the highest QOS.

No firewall blocking - done. Windows firewall set to allow demigod.

/serverproxyonly - yes, done. Still DC's frequently with that parameter on.

No firewall or packet blocker on my own machine - done

Additional Info: I'm using Windows 7 - I believe Frogboy himself encouraged me to do this, so I'd be a sad panda if this was the problem.

ISP: Teksavvy Internet Solutions, a Canadian reseller of Bell DSL.
Router: WTRG54L with Tomato Firmware
Connection: ADSL
impuslereactorlog:
http://pastebin.com/m4b8ee4a4

It's a bit of a mess because we had to recreate lobbies a few times - but the relevant info is right at the end.

I am having the same problem as the OP - I can get into a lobby with low pings and connections to everyone, and play the game from anywhere between 5 and 30 minutes.
I can sometimes complete short games. But I very, very frequently get a disconnect between 5 and 30 minutes into a games - the typical scenario where it looks like everyone has left
the game but me.

Alright, I followed the instructions to the letter.
Help!

June 24, 2009 2:46:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

bump? the new patch does NOTHING to help me with this.

June 24, 2009 10:26:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This topic is probably being ignored because it is worthless.

It is worthless because it ignores the existence of the other topic that I linked (above) - the one from Stardock that provides both setup/troubleshooting steps as well as requests very specific information that you need to provide if you are still having issues.  Good luck with your bumps.

June 25, 2009 12:54:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Since this topic is worthless, why even bother returning to this thread? Good luck with becoming an actual moderator -until then we'll have to put up with your arrogant mini-modding.

June 26, 2009 2:00:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting kajexdraw,
Since this topic is worthless, why even bother returning to this thread? Good luck with becoming an actual moderator -until then we'll have to put up with your arrogant mini-modding.

It shows up as a subscribed topic, and I'm not aware of how to remove it from the new posts in My Replies listing.  Otherwise I would have.  I see your problem persists.  I bet you still haven't posted in Frogboy's thread any of the information requested.  Having fun with multiplayer yet?

June 28, 2009 10:32:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This problem deserves its own thread. Frogboy's post is getting difficult to follow, and I was glad to see that I am not the only one experiencing this issue, which has rendered Demigod completely unplayable for me since the 1.1 patch. Posting data in threads like this groups information with specific difficulties, which I can only imagine would be very helpful when trying to diagnose and address them.

That being said, I've followed all of the advice at the beginning of Frogboy's thread, but the problem persists. I have similar connection and system info as the other folks who have been reporting it, and my Canadian cable ISP is Shaw Communications.

As much as I've enjoyed DG, I can't recommend it to anyone until multiplayer-disabling bugs like this one have been addressed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance,

-SergeSeal

June 29, 2009 10:36:10 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Dysplastic,

It's a bit of a mess because we had to recreate lobbies a few times - but the relevant info is right at the end.

I am having the same problem as the OP - I can get into a lobby with low pings and connections to everyone, and play the game from anywhere between 5 and 30 minutes.
I can sometimes complete short games. But I very, very frequently get a disconnect between 5 and 30 minutes into a games - the typical scenario where it looks like everyone has left
the game but me.

Alright, I followed the instructions to the letter.
Help!

Having the same problem now and then. Very annoying..

Hope theyll figure it out.

July 2, 2009 1:24:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have the same problem as well with the latest patch and it's pretty random about what time it happens and depends on how many players are in the game. The more players in the game the faster it will drop, so anything higher than 2v2s it will drop me within 5mins where it says i lose connection to everyone. 1v1s and 2v2s i need to finish pretty fast or it'll drop anywhere from 8 to 15mins into the game.

I had the same problem with the patch before this for 4 days and all sudden it just went away, but now it's back again with additional slow down choppyness which gets worse as the game drags on like there's a memory leak as well now... sigh

July 3, 2009 7:35:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I tried playing yesterday, but the Demigod client crashed when I killed Oak in a multiplayer game....Moral of the story is don't kill Oak!  I rage-gaveup and watched a movie with the wife instead.

August 10, 2009 6:07:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have the same Issue where I just randomly drop from the game.  From my perspective everyone drops and is replaced by AI.  From everyone elses perspective I dropped.

August 11, 2009 12:07:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The problem still exists for me as well and so far it's been 3 months now i couldn't playing in anything higher than 1v1s without dropping from all. I've replied in 5 different topics about this problem and gave a log of what it says right before i get disconnected from everyone with no help to the problem. It started like for many right after the 1.1 patch, but yet they said nothing was changed with connection to cause that to happen?

It's all good anyway my team mates i play with gave up on demigod a while ago, so 1v1s are fun enough to play from time to time for me even though this game wasn't meant for 1v1s, but hey what can ya do. 3v3s with people you don't know = lots of kiddy smack talk with the blame game which i can live without for now.

DG needs client servers like HoN & LoL and not this p2p deal. I'll still play DG for now, but 1v1s are starting to get boring just a tad. The support for the game is almost gone like many RTS when they are 1st released the Devs are around for the 1st month and when the game seems fail they ditch and move on to the next project not to waste time and money,

DG a good game that could've been much more

September 1, 2009 1:16:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just got a loss for a 70 minute game where our team won because of this bug... am on university backbone internet with no p2p shutoff. This happened at my home connection as well where I have cable with *gulp* MediaSentry where I would expect some of these issues.

September 19, 2009 5:40:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this started happening to me now.

very annoying. since the beginning of september its happened maybe 5-10 times for me. never before.

September 28, 2009 8:57:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

all my online games going this way now.

no problems at lobby then when game loads I stay ingame and all people turns AIs....

did a check already in ports and firewalls....

cant play online.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000688   Page Render Time: