The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Nerf Sedna!

By on May 26, 2009 1:51:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sedna's pounce needs to be nerfed. it does way to much DAM + a stun at level 1.

Oak - 200 dam + interupt at level 1

Sedna - 400dam + stun at level 1

Rook - 200 dam + stun at level 1 (bolling ball)

lord - 200 dam and heals him for 200 dam at level 1.

Any one else see the problem with her 1 ability almost insta killing people at level 1??

sedna's pounce at max level hits harder then flames fire ball at max level

0 Karma | 79 Replies
May 26, 2009 1:55:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Well, we've had nerf UB, nerf Erebus, nerf Rook etc, so what the heck, lets nerf Sedna too...

May 26, 2009 1:58:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nerf the whiners!

It is her only damage ability whereas other characters all have multiple ways to inflict damages and is not so powerfull at all, it is a decent attack nothing else.

May 26, 2009 1:59:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TB's fireball hits for 1050 damage at max level(1350 with fire and ice). Sedna's pounce causes 1000 damage when maxed. Fireball also has a longer range. Please learn your facts before posting.

May 26, 2009 2:00:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

stack her stun with her run speed that no other hero gets + an aura that regens her Hp + a heal that heals her back to full, + an aura that reduces the cool down of the pounce from 7 to 4 sec its a little fuckin crazy.

May 26, 2009 2:00:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Erm...there is a lot of misinformation in this post.  Oak's ability does 200 damage, slow, interrupt, increases enemy damage taken, and is ranged.  Rook's ability is ranged and stuns.  Sedna's ability is melee-ranged and interrupts, not stuns.  Fireball does indeed hit harder than a maxed out pounce (and is ranged).

I really think people ignore the benefits of an attack being ranged too often...

May 26, 2009 2:02:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

stack her stun with her run speed that no other hero gets + an aura that regens her Hp + a heal that heals her back to full, + an aura that reduces the cool down of the pounce from 7 to 4 sec its a little fuckin crazy.

holy crap settle down, i thought you were complaining about level 1 here.

May 26, 2009 2:05:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spawn10459,

Both UB and Erebus are naturally faster than Sedna. She would need +movement speed items to catch either of them.

May 26, 2009 2:06:28 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not only that, but Sedna has NO other damage abilities. The other examples listed (e.g. Boulder Roll) are either level 5 skills, or, they have other benefits like reduced move/armor. Pounce's only advantage is the short cooldown when stacked with the aura. 250 non-armor-reducible DPS is a lot.

May 26, 2009 2:09:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Shes suposed to be a support hero not an assassin hero.

She can keep her team + hero self + her creeps alive with out scrificing damage and speed.  If she wants to deal damage and have + speed then she shouldnt be able to heal that well.

She shouldnt be able to do every thing with out scrafing any thing.

May 26, 2009 2:10:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sedna is fine.

Sila on the other hand....

May 26, 2009 2:12:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DeadMG,
Not only that, but Sedna has NO other damage abilities. The other examples listed (e.g. Boulder Roll) are either level 5 skills, or, they have other benefits like reduced move/armor. Pounce's only advantage is the short cooldown when stacked with the aura. 250 non-armor-reducible DPS is a lot.

I had sedna pounce almost insta kill me, by hitting me for 4k dam, wile she was healing her team, creeps and her self all at the time time.

I was playing oak with the 10k chect pice and the -25% melee damage taken shield form the flag shop. So. lets add back in the 25% that was a hit for about 5k damage. not including i had 6k hp. little fuckin insain.

May 26, 2009 2:19:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Any one else see the problem with her 1 ability almost insta killing people at level 1??

Yup, playing the new Nerfed Erebus, I have to run from Sedna every time now.  Either Erebus needs a BUFF or she needs to be nerfed.  I actually think it's a little of both.

Erebus bite nerf went too far!  He can no longer stand his ground in most games and not only can he not kill other demigods before level 10, but he spends most of his time running.  He has to run in most cases due to being out of mana or health or both.  He used to be playable and maybe slightly over powered (just barely) but the recent changes imo where waaaay overdone and he needs to be fixed.

-Jara

May 26, 2009 2:21:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

can't take a post seriously that makes inappropriate comparisons and gets many easily accessible facts wrong. 

May 26, 2009 2:30:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Jaradakar,

quoting post

Yup, playing the new Nerfed Erebus, I have to run from Sedna every time now.  Either Erebus needs a BUFF or she needs to be nerfed.  I actually think it's a little of both.

Erebus bite nerf went too far!  He can no longer stand his ground in most games and not only can he not kill other demigods before level 10, but he spends most of his time running.  He has to run in most cases due to being out of mana or health or both.  He used to be playable and maybe slightly over powered (just barely) but the recent changes imo where waaaay overdone and he needs to be fixed.

-Jara

Before the nerf and after the nerf i never had a problem killing Lord. But i agree with this post. Stardock needs to hire a new team of people to balance this game.

May 26, 2009 2:31:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Would also like to point out that oaks attacks (forget the name its some thing lik repentence) the % slow + the % damage increase Do not work. tested it and it does not work.

May 26, 2009 2:49:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Either you all just got trolled, or Spawn10459 really is the most ignorant person on these forums. (See his other posts, lolol)

May 26, 2009 2:51:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What does another post have to do with this post? I mean considering its two different issues i dont see how they relate. but hey thanks any for trying to par take in a constructive thread.

May 26, 2009 2:56:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It takes forever to recharge, in fact, in terms of DPS, it's actually pretty low. 

May 26, 2009 3:19:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sedna needs crazy buffs, Pounce is awful and she's barely playable.  How could you lose to her Spawn???  Was she hacking maybe?

May 26, 2009 3:27:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sarco you kidding me? I lost to a Sedna 14 kills her 0 deaths her.

ITs not pounces damage itself that is rediculous. Its the cooldown ON pounce that is rediculous. There is NO possible way to escape a Sedna with a teleport out even after the first bite, because she will get a second pounce in right before and interrupt you and your dead.

so if anything is to be changed on pounce its a few seconds longer refreshing time.

May 26, 2009 3:28:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spawn10459,

Quoting DeadMG, reply 8Not only that, but Sedna has NO other damage abilities. The other examples listed (e.g. Boulder Roll) are either level 5 skills, or, they have other benefits like reduced move/armor. Pounce's only advantage is the short cooldown when stacked with the aura. 250 non-armor-reducible DPS is a lot.

I had sedna pounce almost insta kill me, by hitting me for 4k dam, wile she was healing her team, creeps and her self all at the time time.

I was playing oak with the 10k chect pice and the -25% melee damage taken shield form the flag shop. So. lets add back in the 25% that was a hit for about 5k damage. not including i had 6k hp. little fuckin insain.

DAMN! I need to start playing her...

Just kidding, stop bring a dumb troll man

May 26, 2009 3:46:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I just don't see the problem.  Pounce is a low-damage ability compared to most damage abilities AND you have to be in melee range.  It almost needs a buff, if you ask me.

Spawn's complaints are just incorrect.  4k damage?  Impossible.  And I'm glad to see that teleporting away has some weakness: it's too easy an escape mechanism normally.

Quoting Jaradakar,
Erebus bite nerf went too far!

A bit off topic, but yeah, I agree that the Erebus nerf was a bad move.  Instead, I'd have given bats a longer casting time and and made his stun last half the time but have additional negative effects.  And probably mist should be replaced with a completely different ability.  Doesn't mean Sedna's imbalanced, though.

May 26, 2009 3:49:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

im more worried about her less mana intensive heal that heals 600 damage at lvl 1  and can be used on her allies too.

May 26, 2009 3:53:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oak: Is ranged.

Sedna: Single Target melee

Rook: Ranged, can hit multiple targets in its path

Erebus: AOE

Torch Bearer: AOE

QoT: No stun

Regulus: He has some sort of interpupt/stun... but I think it's at the end of some sort of chain.

UB: He has a stun, but I forget the specifics of what it does.

Barring the fact that QoT has no stun, and my inability to remember the Regulus and UB stun/interupt abilities, I feel that things are relatively balanced in this regard.

Quoting Spawn10459,
Shes suposed to be a support hero not an assassin hero.

She can keep her team + hero self + her creeps alive with out scrificing damage and speed.  If she wants to deal damage and have + speed then she shouldnt be able to heal that well.

She shouldnt be able to do every thing with out scrafing any thing.

She is a single target focused Demigod. Her heals require an active effort and her only offensive spell affects only a single target. Besides her Yetis being rather weak (and expensive mana-wise) I'd say she is rather balanced.

If anything, I'd have to say that hp regen should have diminishing returns on stacking, but I don't think that too many would agree.

May 26, 2009 3:57:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Penitence - Ranged 200 damage + interrupt + slow + damage increase from everything

Pounce - 400 damage + interrupt

Boulder Roll - Ranged 200 damage + Stun (At level 5)

Hammerslam - 500 damage AoE at target area + 100 damage larger AoE

Bite - 250 damage + 250 heal + slow + armor reduction

Fireball - Ranged 300 damage (1050 at level 10, 1350 at level 15, vs Pounce at 1000)

Rain of Ice - Ranged AoE 200 damage

Spit - Ranged 50 damage + 450 DoT

Mine - Ranged 300 damage, up to six active at a time

Snipe - Long ranged 250 damage + damage over range

Ground Spikes - AoE 250 damage + Armor reduction

I had sedna pounce almost insta kill me, by hitting me for 4k dam, wile she was healing her team, creeps and her self all at the time time.

Pounce for 4K damage? No. Not possible. Does 1K at max level. It is possible that multiple crit chances stacked, but that's just pure luck and item build. Very expensive item build, too.

Would also like to point out that oaks attacks (forget the name its some thing lik repentence) the % slow + the % damage increase Do not work. tested it and it does not work.

This is just wrong. It works fine.

ITs not pounces damage itself that is rediculous. Its the cooldown ON pounce that is rediculous. There is NO possible way to escape a Sedna with a teleport out even after the first bite, because she will get a second pounce in right before and interrupt you and your dead.

Not possible. Pounce CD is seven seconds, teleport cast is only three seconds. Even with cooldown reduction, it doesn't get that low.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000562   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.