The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Nerf Sedna!

By on May 26, 2009 1:51:59 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sedna's pounce needs to be nerfed. it does way to much DAM + a stun at level 1.

Oak - 200 dam + interupt at level 1

Sedna - 400dam + stun at level 1

Rook - 200 dam + stun at level 1 (bolling ball)

lord - 200 dam and heals him for 200 dam at level 1.

Any one else see the problem with her 1 ability almost insta killing people at level 1??

sedna's pounce at max level hits harder then flames fire ball at max level

0 Karma | 79 Replies
May 26, 2009 4:04:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

you can't just compare a single ability to another single ability. If you want to make a point you gotta consider the whole synergy of the spells on each hero. 

May 26, 2009 4:06:14 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spawn10459,
What does another post have to do with this post? I mean considering its two different issues i dont see how they relate.

Because everything you post is mindless, unfounded, arrogant drivel, including this thread. 

Quoting Spawn10459,
but hey thanks any for trying to par take in a constructive thread.

I lol'ed

May 26, 2009 4:14:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

How can you complain about an ability, when you can't even grasp what it does?

May 26, 2009 4:18:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree with the Sedna nerf.  Pounce should only be useable once per match.  Heal should have a ten minute cooldown and deal self-damage equal to the amount healed.  With those changes she would be perfect.

May 26, 2009 4:32:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting OrexxerO,
Sarco you kidding me? I lost to a Sedna 14 kills her 0 deaths her.

ITs not pounces damage itself that is rediculous. Its the cooldown ON pounce that is rediculous. There is NO possible way to escape a Sedna with a teleport out even after the first bite, because she will get a second pounce in right before and interrupt you and your dead.

so if anything is to be changed on pounce its a few seconds longer refreshing time.
Magnificent presence reduces her cooldown times, at high level it can be intimidating, but for a lot of the game it's fine...what were you playing that you got owned so hard? I'm asking because if you were playing rook then you do want to stay away from her some unless you're using towers. Everyone else has pretty fair chances against her. Rook does too once you figure out how to counter. In fact, that's really her only attack. Her yeti can attack, if the player uses them, but a lot of people seem to not want to use them (myself included). Her normal attacks aren't particularly powerful, they do come somewhat quickly, but not as quick as UB, OAK, or Erebus, and they don't do a hell of a lot of damage.

May 26, 2009 4:35:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not to jump on the bandwagon of people tearing this post apart, but I wanted to add:

Rook can not use Boulder Roll at level one.

May 26, 2009 4:36:41 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Daikaze,
Oak: Is ranged.

Regulus: He has some sort of interpupt/stun... but I think it's at the end of some sort of chain.

UB: He has a stun, but I forget the specifics of what it does.

OAK has a single ranged attack, Regulus' mines stun the opponent, UB's life drain stuns as well, forget the name too.

May 26, 2009 4:39:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

WTB an IQ test before being able to use the forums or ingame chat.

May 26, 2009 4:44:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sedna is strong against some DG and weak against others. She's a natural counter to Erebus, which is just fine. Erebus is strong enough against others, even with the bite nerf.

May 26, 2009 4:46:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Regulus' mines stun the opponent
Nope. Shrapnel Mines (4th level of mines) slow. Deadeye (Last Snipe skill) adds a tiny chance for a miniscule stun.

May 26, 2009 5:00:49 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting theubersmurf,

Quoting Daikaze, reply 24Oak: Is ranged.

Regulus: He has some sort of interpupt/stun... but I think it's at the end of some sort of chain.

UB: He has a stun, but I forget the specifics of what it does.

OAK has a single ranged attack, Regulus' mines stun the opponent, UB's life drain stuns as well, forget the name too.

UB's stun is called Foul Grasp. It drains 664 health at its max level and costs 1400 mana. I personally only get the first level for the stun.

May 26, 2009 5:29:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

After they nerf Sedna's pounce, she is forced to ride the below mount. . .

Pounce Mittens, POUNCE!  What!?  You only did 2 damage?  No, purring will NOT stun them!  NO, stop playing with the QoT's Vines!  Get down out of there, Rook is NOT a cat tree!  Bad Mittens, that's a Fortress, NOT a cat box!

May 26, 2009 5:43:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As i noted on another thread Sedna is super OP, for example, she can summon more yeti’s than any other demigod, either give em to everyone or take hers away. Plus she has a mount and her boobs are distracting, wtf is that about?

May 26, 2009 5:47:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

What?   Oak is AoE.  Only one ability, Pentitence, that is ranged.  Ranged demigods can stand behind a line of creeps, taking out the creeps in the back.  Oak actually has to stand next to the target to whack it.

May 26, 2009 5:47:34 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

stack her stun with her run speed that no other hero gets + an aura that regens her Hp + a heal that heals her back to full, + an aura that reduces the cool down of the pounce from 7 to 4 sec its a little fuckin crazy.

Wrong. Stack her stun with her run speed that no other hero gets + an aura that regens her Hp + a heal that heals her back to full, + an aura that reduces the cool down of the pounce from 7 to 4 sec + a completely incompetent n00b on the other team feeding her gold and experience AND THEN its a little fuckin crazy.

May 26, 2009 6:06:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

a completely incompetent n00b on the other team feeding her gold and experience AND THEN
And that won't make Reg, UB, TB, or, for that matter, anybody else very strong?

May 26, 2009 6:16:06 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spawn10459,

I had sedna pounce almost insta kill me, by hitting me for 4k dam, wile she was healing her team, creeps and her self all at the time time.

I was playing oak with the 10k chect pice and the -25% melee damage taken shield form the flag shop. So. lets add back in the 25% that was a hit for about 5k damage. not including i had 6k hp. little fuckin insain.

I have yet to see a Pounce stack with Ashkandor's x4 crit. (I am beginning to suspect that Pounce does not Crit) Using Ashkandor's and a bunch of the other +Damage pieces and a standard attack will random upto 2.5k. By Random, that's inline with the 10% chance. If you got hit by a Snipe at the same moment, then maybe a 4k burst is possible. But from the single DG, sorry not possible.

May 26, 2009 6:23:03 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

And that won't make Reg, UB, TB, or, for that matter, anybody else very strong?

Uh... uh...

>.>

After they nerf Sedna's pounce, she is forced to ride the below mount. . .

Pounce Mittens, POUNCE!  What!?  You only did 2 damage?  No, purring will NOT stun them!  NO, stop playing with the QoT's Vines!  Get down out of there, Rook is NOT a cat tree!  Bad Mittens, that's a Fortress, NOT a cat box!

Watch out, you can still kill someone with that 2 damage, and the pro-nerf-everything-except-my-strat-and-Demigod won't be very happy about that.

May 26, 2009 6:26:11 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

What?   Oak is AoE.  Only one ability, Pentitence, that is ranged.  Ranged demigods can stand behind a line of creeps, taking out the creeps in the back.  Oak actually has to stand next to the target to whack it.

It was in reference to the stun capability of the character...

May 26, 2009 6:27:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nerf sedna!

She is crazy, shoots LASARS! She hit me for 400k damage with her stun lasar!!!!???

May 26, 2009 6:38:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It is her healing (and QoT's shield) needs nerfing.

May 26, 2009 6:43:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting wnmnkh,
It is her healing (and QoT's shield) needs nerfing.

nah  if so then every dude needs a nerf

May 26, 2009 7:00:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting si1foo,

nah  if so then every dude needs a nerf

Everyone does need a nerf.

May 26, 2009 7:01:45 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yes for the entire 10 seconds your at level one sedna will rock you. 

May 26, 2009 7:19:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NERF EVERYONE!!!!!11111ONEONEONE

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000422   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.