The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

ITT: We discuss how UP erebus is now.

By on May 16, 2009 12:27:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The nerf was overdone.

+25 Karma | 93 Replies
May 16, 2009 7:52:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ehm you guys, you have no clue, Erebus is easily playable with his minions without this silly bite... I guess you never actually tried to play with him without bite

go play me if you don't believe me

May 16, 2009 8:55:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The fact that people think Erebus without bite is no good says something right there. It seems that nerfing bite is the right thing to do and, if he is now UP, his other abilities should be looked at for potential buffs. That is IF he is UP. So far it seems people are still doing just fine.

I seem to recall people saying the nerf wasn't enough when it was first released. Now its too much?

May 16, 2009 9:35:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting DalzK,
IMO Erebus is still a bit OP.

You obviously cant use him right if you think he is UP. Been using him for a long time and it feels like nothing has changed except his spike damage has been slightly reduced...

Thus far I agree with you (not that he is overpowered, but that the character is far from crippled). Only slightly less effective in melee. Still plays about the same for me (which is quite acceptable).

May 16, 2009 10:42:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

EB needed a tone down if you actually play him it is not to bad. Rook towers well if you nerf them he needs a buff in armor/healt/speed. Oak i see the only complaint is last stand where he gets 10 free seconds to attack anythen. Rag well if played right he is deadly but if not he blows but that can be said bout any DG.

UB spit IMO is fine mid to late game its the early to mid game where spit hurts. Get more health regen stuff/pots/favor etc...]

QoT needs a buff somewhere but we all need to understand this is not a solo pvp game its based on 5v5 pvp.Also remember everyclass needs a class that is difficult to kill and a class is easy for them to kill.

May 16, 2009 11:11:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Darvin3,

I'd argue that Oak is OP, but I don't think that would get the wild support bite has. Oak is a harder character to use, but he's some fantastic when he does it right.
Totally agree; Oak is a fantastic character, and probably the only general whose minions are anywhere near strong enough.

Like most generals, I think Erebus needs some buffs to his minions, maybe a buff to mist form, and otherwise he's fine.  Bite's still his ace in the hole, it's just not as strong as it used to be.  He's still by far the most mobile demigod and very deadly.

Except Oak has a spell taken away just to farm his minions. Erebus gets them by just being in the lane, along with another ability. Oaks minions SHOULD be stronger.

I honestly think, QoT shamblers and Sedna's Yetis should be buffed if anything. QoT could use a buff in general and if Yeti's were stronger maybe we wouldn't just have the Pounce/Heal bots that we do now.

May 16, 2009 11:17:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
May 16, 2009 11:26:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

TBO is not a noob.

May 16, 2009 11:49:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We will know when the Forces of Darkness are balanced when...

May 16, 2009 1:04:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

yes^

and qot needs slight buff

erebus needs mana cost of bite reducded

rook needs his towers SLIGHTLY nerfed

May 16, 2009 1:09:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

t_t buffing QoT, are you insane.

This forums make me sad.

May 16, 2009 1:14:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums
  • Member No.3,138,570
  • Karma+6

qot's main effective build revolves around bramble which by late game is useless

not to mention the fact that her uproot, a structure only killer, is worse than spit and other structue killing abilites ( and no spit does not need a nerf)

but yes i can dismiss discussion too by acting like everyone around me is too sad and pathetic to deal with (see top of post!!!)

May 16, 2009 1:30:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TheBigOne,
t_t buffing QoT, are you insane.

This forums make me sad.

May 16, 2009 1:36:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

While you're only proving his point further, Chaosnaska, I have to admit I laughed very hard at that image.

karma for being hilarious and livening up this forum.

May 16, 2009 1:41:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've only played one game since erebus got nerfed, but i really didnt notice much of a difference. it was a 5v5, and we still won easily, while i got both kills and citadel upgrades.

May 16, 2009 1:42:53 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

May 16, 2009 1:58:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

May 16, 2009 2:04:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Is this some new version of Godwin's Law where

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving lolcats approaches one."

and the poster who uses lolcats loses and the thread is over?

I think so, and you should called that Esbon's Law from now on.

Remember, ESBON'S LAW "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving lolcats approaches one."

May 16, 2009 2:12:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Esbon,
Is this some new version of Godwin's Law where

"As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving lolcats approaches one."

and the poster who uses lolcats loses and the thread is over?

I think so, and you should called that Esbon's Law from now on.

Remember, ESBON'S LAW "As a Usenet discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving lolcats approaches one."

All i heard was

DERP

May 16, 2009 2:22:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Azrailx,

Member No.3,138,570
Karma+6

qot's main effective build revolves around bramble which by late game is useless

not to mention the fact that her uproot, a structure only killer, is worse than spit and other structue killing abilites ( and no spit does not need a nerf)

but yes i can dismiss discussion too by acting like everyone around me is too sad and pathetic to deal with (see top of post!!!)

yah bramble is useless in late game , right of course... then heal is useless to or what?

Seriously , everyone of you sign up for the ESL 3vs3 ladder starting on monday to prove your point :

http://www.esl.eu/eu/demigod/3on3/ladder/ 

I'll play QoT.

May 16, 2009 2:24:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

stop making me lol

May 16, 2009 2:29:30 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Azrailx, you should watch the game credits then you will have another laugh

May 16, 2009 2:30:20 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Wait TBO, why the hell is this ESL 3vs3 Cup Fortress?  All I see is suiciding Oaks running into the fortress.

May 16, 2009 2:32:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Azrailx,
stop making me lol

CATS

May 16, 2009 2:32:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

qot max bramble: 1450 damage protection

sedna's max heal: heals 1500, removes negative effects, and deals 200 damage to nearby enemies

hrrrrm which is better? idk

and i only said late game, early and mid game it is quite good so if u push ahead there u could easily win

probs best if its debuffed a little early game, and buffed more at late game

oh and my dad could beat up ur dad

May 16, 2009 2:35:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000329   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.