The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: W00t!

By on May 9, 2009 3:24:28 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

The BETA is up. We plan to push this to release on Monday as it’s massively better.

What’s new in this beta:

• Massive connectivity optimizations and updates
  • Favor Items fixed
  • Favor points fixed
  • Major optimizations to audio on low fidelity settings
  • Fixed bug that occured if you used an ability after issuing an attack command. This is the "won't chase the demigod I clicked" bug.
  • Achievements properly vaulting on Impulse
  • Sending deltas for partially completed achievements.
  • Each player now saves their own achievements and favor items
  • Fixed partial Achievement saves bug.
  • Fixed a bug that occurred if you accomplished an achievement in game.
  • Fixed a bug in disconnect dialog that would try to update it even if we had determined we did not want to show it.
  • Fixed sound performance issue (for users who were having to run without sound)
  • Changed resample rate to 24k in Low settings
  • Delayed FMOD initialization until audio LOD is set via options
  • Disabled hitbox interference from announcer messages.
  • Life's Child no longer removes Inner Grace (Sedna fix)

If you want to try the beta (and like I said, we plan to release this on Monday when we’re back):

You will need to tell Impulse to show pre-release versions:

Have fun! I’ll be around this weekend to play! I think you are going to like this update…

+912 Karma | 113 Replies
May 9, 2009 8:39:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I couldn't connect to other people before if running through my router, this patch solved this. Just finished my first game online Dominated everyone of course   Unclean Beast ftw

May 9, 2009 8:43:00 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yay !

I was one of the players who could not join any multi game.

With this beta, i could join a lobby within seconds. I did not play a game yet, so I won't know about athore issues, but at least now I can try the game.

So thank you for your work

May 9, 2009 8:50:27 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had Colonel Jessup (post right above this) in the lobby of a game I was joining. According to the Connection Info screen he was only connected to the Host, and everyone else in the room saw him as a red 0 like he describes. But, I nor anyone other than the host could see anything he typed. He left and rejoined the room a couple times with no success.

Just giving a bit more info on a problem he describes in his post.
Thanks for the info!

May 9, 2009 8:57:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This is the "won't chase the demigod I clicked" bug.

Great stuff, frogboy.

May 9, 2009 8:58:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This patch unfortunatly still did not fix the "Cannot connect to NAT facilitator. Please try again." issue. Emailed all the details to support ofcourse.

May 9, 2009 9:05:29 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Seems to be a lot of issues, such as Favor Points in the billions. Also everyone seems to get named "ImpulsePlayer" or a numbered variant of it.

May 9, 2009 9:29:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I still can't play a single MP game!

Now I can join the lobbies, but except for the person hosting the game I get 0ms ping.

I have verified ports with PFPortChecker on the PC running Demigod and all is fine.

May 9, 2009 9:38:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting angryandroid,
First game was a nightmare, got going and everyone dropped in a minute. This was probably the fault of the 400ms+ guy.

Second game started great, but first time ever, total shutdown of DG. No warning, just shut down to windows. Going to send logs.

In addition to that, 3rd attempt at a game. We actually got a 4v4 with almost no lag going, awsome brilliant, fantastic, superbness. That game alone was worth the £27, flip! I actually feel a bit edgy and hyped up afterwards. Just brilliant!!!

May 9, 2009 9:38:53 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

My connectivity has gotten worse with every beta patch. First one it went from ok to bad. Now I can't even get a game going. Probably should of stuck with the normal version, but if your pushing this through on monday then it wont make a difference. Something is wrong because I have the ports open and I have the reactor set up to like my ports.

May 9, 2009 10:25:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Congratulations Frogboy

May 9, 2009 10:49:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shodan78,

Now I can join the lobbies, but except for the person hosting the game I get 0ms ping.

I am getting this too even with the 6000-6200 range of ports forwarded, and after setting them in ImpulseReactorOptions as well, haven't gotten into a single lobby in beta where I connect to everyone (or more often than not I don't connect to anyone at all) whereas in the release version I can at least get into and play in about 50% of games.

May 9, 2009 11:05:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Servius,
My connectivity has gotten worse with every beta patch. First one it went from ok to bad. Now I can't even get a game going. Probably should of stuck with the normal version, but if your pushing this through on monday then it wont make a difference. Something is wrong because I have the ports open and I have the reactor set up to like my ports.

What he said.  (EDIT: I should add that with the non-beta version, I can generally get into a game in one to three tries)

The first Pantheon game I tried to join appeared to be working: the connection window said I had successfully connected to the other human in the game.  It sat there for a long time, then a window popped up saying "You have been disconnected because the matchmaking service has failed."  The game immediately started loading, and when I got in, everyone was an AI.

The second game, I wasn't around to see the connection window, but I heard "A player has left the game" and when I got back to the desk, the game was loading and everyone was an AI.

Both of these took a long time to even start connecting, but I assume that's because the pool of beta players is smaller than the pool of non-beta players.  I'm trying a third time now, we'll see.

Also: the control issues are NOT fixed in this patch for me.  I still have to issue a move order before I use Heal (in fact, once I had to issue multiple move orders before the Heal went off, something I haven't seen before).  My minions also like to ignore my attack orders until I issue a move command.

May 9, 2009 11:27:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Colonel_Jessep,

I had Colonel Jessup (post right above this) in the lobby of a game I was joining. According to the Connection Info screen he was only connected to the Host, and everyone else in the room saw him as a red 0 like he describes. But, I nor anyone other than the host could see anything he typed. He left and rejoined the room a couple times with no success.

Just giving a bit more info on a problem he describes in his post.Thanks for the info!

That was my lobby i believe, I was able to see jessep and talk to him, but it was a complete "huh" for the rest of the lobby.

quite a strange predicament

May 9, 2009 11:42:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just played an awesome 5v5.  I was us and they were EU and aussie.  Despite this and pings at 250, lag was mininmal at best

No move-attack issues, looks like that one may be fixed.  Great News!!!

Still had a few issues in lobby.  Two times I was disconnected in lobby for host time out.  Simply rejined and everything was fine.

Bigg step forward.  Thanks.

May 9, 2009 11:54:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sweet can't wait til monday!!

May 9, 2009 12:38:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Okay, enough "testing" for one day.

Achievments and favour are still broken.

Connection info is still broken and completely wrong most of the time.

Saying that, connectivity and speed is loads better with this new patch for me. Stability in game and drops are much better as well. Although, I've never really had connection problems in the first place. So actually, connectivity seems better for the other people!

Perhaps when you threaten the people who are doing favour and achievments with bee's, they might just be saying its fixed to escape punishment. I say, sting the buggers purple into they get it right

May 9, 2009 12:46:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well it looks like the era of all nighters at least is at an end!

May 9, 2009 12:47:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice fixes..but game is still too expensive to warrant a buy from my friends.

Battleforge just lowered his base price to 30$ and it has easily twice or even triple the content. You might want to do the same for the digital version of Demigod.

Coupons might help, but it won't be enough to keep sales going.

May 9, 2009 12:54:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice fixes..but game is still too expensive to warrant a buy from my friends.

Battleforge just lowered his base price to 30$ and it has easily twice or even triple the content. You might want to do the same for the digital version of Demigod.

Coupons might help, but it won't be enough to keep sales going.

The typical new game price is $50. Demigod is $40.  If they want to wait for it to be $30 it'll probably be a long while from now.

May 9, 2009 12:55:04 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting lambdaman,

Also: the control issues are NOT fixed in this patch for me.  I still have to issue a move order before I use Heal (in fact, once I had to issue multiple move orders before the Heal went off, something I haven't seen before).  My minions also like to ignore my attack orders until I issue a move command.

Agree, it's better but there are still some issues, specially with Sedna and Heal.
And now i play with ImpulsePlayer1 and ImpulsePlayer2. It's... fun

May 9, 2009 1:33:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

um... i now have 2,133,156,096 favor points... heh.

Still have issues with connecting to pantheon games... made it into 1 ok, but all others never get past connecting to player... on the new beta version.

May 9, 2009 1:42:07 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I have noticed upon occasion that some pings are yellow even though the connection info box indicates all connected, and it is infact possible to start the game, so the ping colouring seems to be wrong. As if there is some issue with the reporting of 'lack of connection' info to other players in the lobby.

Also i've seen where a player leaves but sometimes people are trying to connect to that persons ghost, and fail. At worst this can force a remake of the lobby to fix it.

Does the connection keep retrying for players in the lobby, as sometimes if someone has a 0 ping to another player, just rejoining seems to fix it...

Also i've seen it where someone connects to the host, but does not join the lobby. Although the game seems to think they are as everyone else starts to connect to them.

May 9, 2009 2:27:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I agree that favor is definiately messed up still...  Several people in my games have reported suddently having favor in the millions...  lucky them...

May 9, 2009 2:27:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Played one game after eight attempts!  I gave up on the second game after 15 attempts.  Before the issues I could connect and play within 2 to three tries.

Fixed crashes = good so far

Allowing people to show up in a lobby when they eventually have a NAT failure or some other host failure = bad

The patch is far from ready for a final release.  We'll be lucky if they figure out what's going on by Tuesday!  I see no worthy patch to fix multiplayer until mid to late next week at the earliest.  Thursday will be a milestone with the game's 1 month launch and the multiplayer remains mostly broken.

May 9, 2009 2:32:09 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hooray!  This one made it so I can play .  So far have played two custom matches with no problems.  Joined the lobby in a few seconds, game started fine, played to completion.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000766   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.