The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: W00t!

By on May 9, 2009 3:24:28 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

The BETA is up. We plan to push this to release on Monday as it’s massively better.

What’s new in this beta:

• Massive connectivity optimizations and updates
  • Favor Items fixed
  • Favor points fixed
  • Major optimizations to audio on low fidelity settings
  • Fixed bug that occured if you used an ability after issuing an attack command. This is the "won't chase the demigod I clicked" bug.
  • Achievements properly vaulting on Impulse
  • Sending deltas for partially completed achievements.
  • Each player now saves their own achievements and favor items
  • Fixed partial Achievement saves bug.
  • Fixed a bug that occurred if you accomplished an achievement in game.
  • Fixed a bug in disconnect dialog that would try to update it even if we had determined we did not want to show it.
  • Fixed sound performance issue (for users who were having to run without sound)
  • Changed resample rate to 24k in Low settings
  • Delayed FMOD initialization until audio LOD is set via options
  • Disabled hitbox interference from announcer messages.
  • Life's Child no longer removes Inner Grace (Sedna fix)

If you want to try the beta (and like I said, we plan to release this on Monday when we’re back):

You will need to tell Impulse to show pre-release versions:

Have fun! I’ll be around this weekend to play! I think you are going to like this update…

+912 Karma | 113 Replies
May 9, 2009 4:38:45 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I just did a 2v2 Skirmish dominate match, no AI's, no lag, no problems.

May 9, 2009 4:41:01 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Does the game still have the bug where people gain +1k ping once the game starts?

May 9, 2009 4:48:55 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I find it hard to get into games as whenever a beta is released, half the population goes to the beta and half stay on the release version. This essentially takes it twice as long to find a match. I guess living in Australia where there isnt to many demigod players amplifies the problem.
Anyway, great work, tried the connection out on a customer game, (got kicked as ping was to high), but was very quick!

Good work and looking forward to the Release on Monday.

May 9, 2009 5:04:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just tried playing another 3v3. Bout 8 mins in everyone got replaced by AI.

Also, once in the lobby having troubles getting everyone to turn green, along with coninued problems with the connection information box not matching the actual game. People that have left the lobby continue to try and be connected to etc, and sometimes people in the lobby don't even appear on my connection info box.

Also, favor doesn't seem to be deducted when you buy things, and you lose the items you buy each game. Also I shouldnt have any multiplayer favor items since I've never been in a game before, so I think it's using my SP favor.

These are not complaints, just reporting issues so they can be addressed, this patch is the first major improvment I've seen out of the patches so it's a great step in the right direction.

May 9, 2009 5:26:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Had a guy on IRC who couldn't connect at all after upgrading to beta patch.  He was using Monk's guide.  Then he changed his ports to something else on ImpulseReactorOptions and voila, he could connect, so if anyone has issues with the patch, you could try that.

May 9, 2009 5:35:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

One issue is that if someone drops in the beginning of the game, the 30 sec. timmer starts. Then when everyone says "lets restart," and someone leaves, we have to wait the 30 sec. countdown. So the last person to hit the end button has to wait the 30 sec for every player before them. It seems like the game is looking for packets that are not coming instead of when the person leaves, the game sending an end signle.

Also, does anyone know how to survive against regulas when players go for the fast attack/high crit route? All my team was lvl 20 and he was able to spawn camp us and kill us all before we could move, even having upwards of 6k hit points. It made my teammates really frusterated because we could no longer do anything, and the game stopped being fun.

Favor is broken still in that as someone else posted, some users have millions of it.

One 4 on 4 that I played, one person timed out, then 2 people got renamed to impluseplayer & impluseplayer1 and had a 0 ping the rest of the game. At first we thought they were bots because the game might have dropped them. They were still in the game through because could chat(but when they chat, their normal named appeared). The game also froze for about 2 min before the drop screen showed up, but we could all chat(thats all we could do through)

May 9, 2009 5:38:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I should be able to connect to anyone who've portforwarded & stuff, but I'm having a ton of problems connection to people. Like maybe 1 in every 4 or so. Obviously I'm not the only one with problems.

Favour still doesn't work right. I don't know how it determined the amount of favour I have or which items I've purchased, but it might be from SP. And my favour doesn't appear to increase.

Pathfinding is still screwy. DGs get stuck on curved paths, take less-than-optimal paths and so on.

The Lobby really needs a refresh button, and/or some way for individual players to check if they can connect.

If there's any improvements beyond the game not crashing as much and the stuck-bug being gone, I don't see them.

May 9, 2009 5:45:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Improvements:

• Quicker connection to games
  • game no longer crashes when connection fails

Remaining problems

• lobby freezes (old games continue to appear while not being active)
  • connection problems continue

May 9, 2009 5:52:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Woot! Good stuff to hear. Now take the weekend and recharge guys!

May 9, 2009 5:53:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Downloading this now.

I think that Demigod: W00T is the best patch notes title I have EVER seen.

May 9, 2009 6:00:43 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Looks like my previous post was a bit too optimistic. We got lucky on the 1st 5v5. The 2nd one took quite a while to set up. A lot of unconnected people, the game misstating connection status made it difficult to tell who the cause of the problem is.

After a while (15 minutes or so) of join/leave experiments people started timing out. It seems the disconnect process isn't cleaned up and after a while can leave the lobby in a messy state.

Also some people in the lobby don't show up in the connection info dialog.

But after some labor we managed to finish another 5v5.

May 9, 2009 6:21:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

If i download the beta then i can "come back" to the normal game without re-download it again?

May 9, 2009 6:30:57 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It still sucks bad, somehow we got a 5vs5 started, but people got disconencts after a minute. Still can't play a normal game either. All laggy if I can connect at all. The only improvement is the game doesnt crash on disconnects.

I am giving up multiplayer till the next patch.

May 9, 2009 6:31:49 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Gonna get this when I get home. Sounds like an awesome patch, great job guys.

May 9, 2009 6:32:47 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Spykko,
If i download the beta then i can "come back" to the normal make without re-download it again?

Yes, you can turn off pre-release version in impulse, do a verify instalation, it sould downgrade you to retail. But some SD guys weren't that psyched with this method, so if I were you, I'd make an archive of DG, then patch to beta and if the previously described downgrade doesn't work restore from archive

May 9, 2009 6:37:37 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

ty.

May 9, 2009 6:42:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

May 9, 2009 6:43:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Hello,

thans for updating, well work!

So my experince with this patch is much better we started a 5on5 game, but it disconnected us after 5 minutes i think. No 24 disconnect!!! Sometimes i get zero ping to other players, i dont know why at the moment, but really thanks for working so restless.

It would be so nice, if you are open channels for the different countries.Like a eurpean channel, to minimze lagging games.

nice game @all, but a alot to do in the future You devguys are not ready give us content more maps, more demi's, more stuff in future and the game will rock all!

cya in game..

May 9, 2009 7:03:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Mmm beta doesn't work as well.  Favor is still screwed up and we can't get a game going with 5 vs 5 (we tried).

May 9, 2009 7:38:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just have a 3vs3 game. One player disconnected after 10 minutes because he was too laggy and after we constantly have a popup with desync error.
I think you love desync error Frogboy, no ?

May 9, 2009 7:39:34 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It works! Great job, just finished my first Pantheon game, 2v2, no bots. YAY!!! Thanks to all the guys who have worked day and night to get this patch finished!

PS: There is a small thing with the UI in custom games: it shows ping 0 for everybody but the host. So I guess it looks to everybody like I can't connect but it seems to work. At least with auto matchmaking in Pantheon.

More info here.

May 9, 2009 8:16:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I had Colonel Jessup (post right above this) in the lobby of a game I was joining. According to the Connection Info screen he was only connected to the Host, and everyone else in the room saw him as a red 0 like he describes. But, I nor anyone other than the host could see anything he typed. He left and rejoined the room a couple times with no success.

Just giving a bit more info on a problem he describes in his post.

May 9, 2009 8:22:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Shedding,
Mmm beta doesn't work as well.  Favor is still screwed up and we can't get a game going with 5 vs 5 (we tried).

To be fair, it does work - it just doesn't work amazingly well. I played my first non-disconnect 3v3 tonight. Got my ass royally handed to me, but it was a blast until the last half a minute or so where I didn't live longer than 10 seconds each time I spawned. It still took a while to get the game going though. I tried a 5v5 as well, but I think it's still asking too much of the system which is a shame because smaller battles are kind of not what Demigod is all about.

As has been mentioned above, I'd like to see Custom Games be able to be sorted by region - for example as an Australian player, I'm kicked from any non-Australian game because my ping is always higher than 350 - which is understandable, above 300 is pushing it in my experience. It's just anoying going through the connection BS to find out I'm in another American and European game and have to do it all over again.

Apart from that, I'm fairly happy with the beta. Still waiting on the proxies to go live though

May 9, 2009 8:24:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First game was a nightmare, got going and everyone dropped in a minute. This was probably the fault of the 400ms+ guy.

Second game started great, but first time ever, total shutdown of DG. No warning, just shut down to windows. Going to send logs.

May 9, 2009 8:28:20 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

"Fixed bug that occured if you used an ability after issuing an attack command."

Joygasm.

Most bodacious update Frogster. /ThumbsUp

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000781   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.