The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Demigod: W00t!

By on May 9, 2009 3:24:28 AM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

The BETA is up. We plan to push this to release on Monday as it’s massively better.

What’s new in this beta:

• Massive connectivity optimizations and updates
  • Favor Items fixed
  • Favor points fixed
  • Major optimizations to audio on low fidelity settings
  • Fixed bug that occured if you used an ability after issuing an attack command. This is the "won't chase the demigod I clicked" bug.
  • Achievements properly vaulting on Impulse
  • Sending deltas for partially completed achievements.
  • Each player now saves their own achievements and favor items
  • Fixed partial Achievement saves bug.
  • Fixed a bug that occurred if you accomplished an achievement in game.
  • Fixed a bug in disconnect dialog that would try to update it even if we had determined we did not want to show it.
  • Fixed sound performance issue (for users who were having to run without sound)
  • Changed resample rate to 24k in Low settings
  • Delayed FMOD initialization until audio LOD is set via options
  • Disabled hitbox interference from announcer messages.
  • Life's Child no longer removes Inner Grace (Sedna fix)

If you want to try the beta (and like I said, we plan to release this on Monday when we’re back):

You will need to tell Impulse to show pre-release versions:

Have fun! I’ll be around this weekend to play! I think you are going to like this update…

+912 Karma | 113 Replies
May 9, 2009 3:24:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Good work.  Get some rest.

May 9, 2009 3:24:48 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this is amazing man, i was one of those players who couldnt connect at all, now i can get into the lobby!!

i am having issues though, they are here

please check them out!!

May 9, 2009 3:29:35 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yay.

May 9, 2009 3:30:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

this beta is the complete opposite of the recent betas there've been...people get into the lobby lightning fast, favor seems to be working, no crashes whatsoever

looks like connectivity issues are on the way out the door at last

oh yeah, and i killed frogboy

May 9, 2009 3:30:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just played a 5vs5 on this beta, and it was like 3 mins in lobby and then we started! In game lag was very little also, this beta fixes a lot of the problems.

May 9, 2009 3:30:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

OMG AWESOME SAUCE!

Just played a 5v5, some initial lag issues, but they ironed out as the game went on.  All I can say is that this game has been transformed from awesome to amazing.  Download the beta now its completly worth it.

I was getting bored of stomping people on 3v3 and 4v4 now I can beat 5 people at once amazing! 

Next thing we need is team skirmish/team pantheon but thats in that clan wars expansion over the summer.

May 9, 2009 3:30:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

awesome, giving it a shot now

May 9, 2009 3:30:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm glad to hear some good news.  You guys deserve a break.  Now go home and get laid.

May 9, 2009 3:31:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

GPG/SD teams, thank you. Impressive beta patch. Can join games with ease and haven't had many issues with lag recently. The only thing left to do is.... for you to give us our 50 percent off coupons! Time to start spreading the gospel that is Demigod.

May 9, 2009 3:32:03 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We had a 5v5 game tonight after the update and it was epic and a great experience. I just wanted to say thank you Frogboy for your constant updates and your team's hard work on getting this patch done. This certainly has made the game that much better! I recommend to download this beta patch and reintroduce yourself to the game. The best news is that it is only going to get better. I can't wait!

THANK YOU!

May 9, 2009 3:33:36 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yay!  We can almost start talking about game stuff.  Replays, UI Mods, Etc!  WooT!

May 9, 2009 3:33:52 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

NICE! ty frogboy dling the update while i type this reply

May 9, 2009 3:38:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome...

May 9, 2009 3:39:22 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Argh! Tell my boss to let me go home early to playyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

May 9, 2009 3:42:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Joining lobby is infinitely faster, connecting to people seems infinitely faster also, overall the update seems brilliant.

One thing I ran into was I was sitting in a lobby, my connection info screen was showing people that had left the game, while not showing people that were also in the lobby. I tried to leave and rejoin but the game was full so I don't know if that would have fixed it. Might have been a once off thing, but figured I'd mention it regardless.

May 9, 2009 3:44:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

First of all: if you have problems updating from beta to beta (unexpected size of file or something like that), you need to go to impulse preferences and press the reset data button. It might not work the first time around, it did the 2nd time for me. Some people had success with this procedure after the patch failed to install:

1) right click demigod, press ignore update

2) reset data in preferences

3) restart impulse

4) patch

5) [sarcasm]pray[/sarcasm]

With the new beta the lobby fills up nicely, the actuall connection happens in the lobby you'll see a lot of yellows at the start. Some of them fix themselves or you fix them by rejoining. Learn to to identify who causes the connection problems (a lot of people are attemting/waiting to connect to 1 guy, or 1 guy is not connecting to anyone for a long time), tell them to rejoin and  you'll get the game going nicely.

After the patching woes we got a 5v5 going(me, Rocah,jdioutkast,DvorakQ,Ferazeland a few other). It was a US/EU game, most people were hovering around (170-270 ping at least for me). So to all you ping nazis: ping > 100 -> kick is not the proper course of action.

Also, in custom games it looks like the favor items work, in the game I my favor and I had 2 items already unlocked, so so far so good.

On another patch-unrelated note, some people underestimate the hardware requirements of the game. If you guys join big game on a big map, please make sure your simspeed never drops below 0. In these games, tone down your graphic settings by a notch. The fun of a massive demigod masacre is worth it

May 9, 2009 3:48:44 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Joining games is very very fast now. We had one individual wasn't able to connect to all players in a 3v3 game, he kept leaving and rejoining the room within seconds instead of waiting half a minute or so to give the DB a chance to refresh, so it only perpetuated the problem; but once he stayed gone we got another player immediately, and the game was off.

Gameplay was smooth, I didn't have the target/ignore commands bug, so that is a huge improvement. Favor points worked so far, and previously purchaed items were availible.

I look forward to playing when more than 30 or so people are updated.

EDIT: Here are a few things I've noticed after a couple hours of online play:

There is a popping sound that occurs when Sedna casts silence (all sound in the game goes quiet too for the duration of her silence no matter how close I am to her when she casts it, even across the map). It is the loud *POP* that sounds as if a driver isn't fully compatible. I use a Logitech USB headset, and there are no drivers to update for this, I've looked.

Background music is starting at maximum volume when the game starts, regardless of where the slider is on the Volume bar now. i open options and can readjust the slider up then down, but I keep it completely off, and now when I turn the game off there is loud music.

I played a few games online. After completing a skirmish 3v3 game (me vs AI) I now have 697,768,192 favor, I should have only a couple thousand. When I buy items with this favor I can use them for that match, the purchae does not save for the next game. I ran a few online games as a test, me vs all AI. I keep the favor, but purchased items are not saving as purchased.

There is an option to manually select your port when your CREATE a Custom match. This seems to do nothing, since the game still uses the default port (which for me is 6073). I don't need to set my port manually, but the feature is there and might confuse someone who thinks they can. Also, the game is using port 6073 whether I forward that port or not in my router (accoording to the in-game lobby chat screen when I first join a match. I am not sure how accurate this is)

EDIT #2:

Just to make sure it wasn't some new sound compatibility problem with my USB Headset I unplugged it and used the soundcard integrated with my motherboard and a set of PC speakers to see if the sound issues still persisted, they did. Just letting you know.

I can send in some sort of log file with system info if it matters at all. Let me know.

May 9, 2009 3:49:39 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

the new beta patch works really well. just got done with a 5v5 with Be_set and and it well.. worked! so yeah, good job!

May 9, 2009 3:59:13 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Beta works!

I played 3 games, fast connection, auto fixes pings in lobby, no dropouts, favor works, items saved,.. ect on and on

pathfinding/ using abilities is still a lil whacky

DL the beta, they should just release this as a main patch it works so well.

May 9, 2009 4:01:53 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I was also in on the 5v5, some simspeed lag but connections were crazy fast, was a great game, hope it can hold up under the stress to come.

May 9, 2009 4:04:45 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I don't get it, I don't have a beta, I just bought the normal game. But it doesnt show any updates.

Should I play some beta instead?

ok, Now I am downloading this beta update it seems. Ah well as long its an update its fine I guess.

May 9, 2009 4:10:42 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Favor points are broken again but in the opposite direction.  The second game I played, I started out having like a couple million (not an exaggeration, 1XXXXXXX where X is some number) favor points.  I didn't think to take a screenshot of it, though.

Other than that the new patch worked great!

May 9, 2009 4:20:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

The BETA is up. We plan to push this to release on Monday as it’s massively better.
What’s new in this beta:
Fixed sound performance issue (for users who were having to run without sound)

Just tried a match and yay! I can now actually start playing the game. On to MP next, for the first time.

May 9, 2009 4:25:37 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Just had a 3v3 was great. Thing I noticed is it lets you start the match before everyone is connected properly which causes all kinds of issues once the game starts with people dropping.

May 9, 2009 4:27:18 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

W00t! Can't wait to get home from work and try this

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000656   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.