The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

King's Bounty: The Legend

By on April 30, 2009 12:34:49 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I'm not sure if anyone's posted about this game before but holy crap I'm having a lot of fun with this game. At first glance it appears that it's going to be a clickfest like Diablo 2 but no no no my friends. Not sure if this one flew under the radar for a lot of folks but if you like RPG's, turn-based combat, easy to learn, tough to master type games, then this is your cup of tea.

+26 Karma | 20 Replies
April 30, 2009 1:17:12 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Very good game.

April 30, 2009 1:23:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Kitkun,
Very good game.

Indeed. There's an expansion pack in the works too, Armored Princess.

April 30, 2009 2:35:23 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

It's good, I've had more fun but worth a look if you like turn-based combat. 

April 30, 2009 4:23:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Yup. Great game!  It slipped under my radar for a while too but was great fun.  The dialog translations are horrifically/humorously bad but the game itself is solid and good fun.  I really liked how the turn based tactical battles are implemented (and it's got the hex grids I like too ).  Recommended.

April 30, 2009 5:04:53 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Yarlen and I are both playing Kings Bounty currently and enjoying the hell out of it.  Great game that slipped under the radar last year for me.

April 30, 2009 5:24:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Zoomba,
Yarlen and I are both playing Kings Bounty currently and enjoying the hell out of it.  Great game that slipped under the radar last year for me.

What? I bugged the hell out of you and Yarlen to get it up on Impulse, how could it slip under the radar

April 30, 2009 5:27:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

One of the best games last year, really.

April 30, 2009 7:58:39 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

One of my faves also!  Great sense of humor and extremely inventive.

May 1, 2009 1:25:26 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

They are almost the same team who give us Space Rangers 2.

Amazing people, I must say.

By the way I'm asking for it on Impulse since september 2008. And yes, I mean on this forum.

May 1, 2009 9:02:38 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It's available on Steam starting May 4th.

Space Rangers 2 was a good game as well.  I need to go back and play that some more...

May 1, 2009 11:35:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Yes, five stars from me. I found some things to be annoyed about, but on the whole it is excellent.

Have to love a game that starts you off in the tutorial fighting a cantankerous Dragon. Then your fun loving instructor sends you up against a Necromancer and his army of undead.

What I found really strange was you may be a Warrior, but you never get to ride into combat. No, you are off on a hill casting spells, summoning things, and ordering the elements of your army around. In the upper world you ride around a beautiful landscape on a mount, but that's all you see of your Warrior, or Paladin, or Mage.

Good game though.

May 1, 2009 12:26:51 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

For those KBL fans, we may have some good news about having it up on Impulse soon  

May 2, 2009 10:46:24 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Crap   Wish this would have been posted sooner.  I just bought it on Steam, but would soooooo rather have suppoerted Impulse and Stardock.  I feel like a traitor now

May 2, 2009 11:14:41 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

I was never that interested in turn based games until I purchased the original Gal Civ within the last year.  Nice break from the key smashing real time RTS games.

Bought a retail copy, not being familar with Heroes of Might and Magic and it's core similarities.  The game stands on it's own though.  The graphics, music, crazy quests (pulling a dragon's tooth?!?!) - it's beautiful.  We all need to keep a close eye on Eastern Europe in the next few years - awesome stuff coming out of there.  Though I am sure EA will get their sticky hands on them and muck it all up.

May 3, 2009 12:11:36 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Nope. I don't think anyone has mentioned it before http://forums.sinsofasolarempire.com/334695

The wife and I both have finished the game. Wonderful game and I hope the addon comes soon.

May 7, 2009 7:23:33 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Great game!  I still giggle over turning a frog or a zombie into your wife

May 16, 2009 10:04:25 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

This is one of the best games. Ever.

But anyway, I bought this expecting the latest patched version but nuh uh... The newly installed version is 1.65 while the official King's Bounty site have 1.7 available for download. Does anyone know if I can do Impulse's job and download and patch it myself?

Kicking myself for not using Steam...

May 16, 2009 10:42:41 PM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

They have to give SD the latest version in order for SD to add it to their servers. Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if you could patch from there.

May 16, 2009 11:15:31 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Quoting Boombastix,
This is one of the best games. Ever.

But anyway, I bought this expecting the latest patched version but nuh uh... The newly installed version is 1.65 while the official King's Bounty site have 1.7 available for download. Does anyone know if I can do Impulse's job and download and patch it myself?

Kicking myself for not using Steam...

If I remember right 1.65 is the latest you can get for the English (Atari) version. Which is what Impulse has. If you have the Russian version (I think it's Russian, then you can patch up to 1.7). 1.7 does not add anything as far as gameplay that I know of.

May 17, 2009 3:41:45 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Quoting Charvel1,
If I remember right 1.65 is the latest you can get for the English (Atari) version. Which is what Impulse has. If you have the Russian version (I think it's Russian, then you can patch up to 1.7). 1.7 does not add anything as far as gameplay that I know of.

This is inaccurate. The 1.7 patch is not limited to the Russian version, but has long been available on GamersGate for the English version. (However, even if this patch is compatible with non-GamersGate versions, I don't believe it is available for download unless you have purchased the game on GG). That site also had earlier KB patches available long before the offical Atari site. GamersGate seems to be better on this issue than the US based digital download sites, though I just may have been lucky for the particular games I purchased. In any case, that is one reason I generally prefer GamersGate over the other sites (except for Stardock published games on Impulse, of course).

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000469   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.