The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

King's Bounty

By on December 29, 2008 6:10:35 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I have lost my computer...

My wife is a big HoMM fan so I decided to get her King's Bounty as a Christmas present. When I left for work at 11pm she was playing the game and when I got home she had just woken up and started playing again. Now I can't play Fallout 3. *sigh*

+2 Karma | 8 Replies
December 29, 2008 7:10:21 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

We are the borg. Lower your defenses and surrender your computer. We will add her individual gaming patterns to our own distinctiveness. Your schedule will adapt to service us. Resistance was futile.

December 29, 2008 7:10:57 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Wake up before her and change the logon password?

King's Bounty is very addictive. Good luck getting her off the PC

December 29, 2008 7:21:47 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Can't wait for Armored Princess... Maybe they'll allow you to play as a female char in that?

December 29, 2008 10:05:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Buy her her own PC?

January 11, 2009 8:30:22 AM from Elemental Forums Elemental Forums

Hey, at least your wife's a gamer!  I gotta sneak my computer like I was going to a speakeasy or something because she hates videogames.  You should definitely get her her own computer, she deserves it! 

p.s. I'm also nearing the necessity for an intervention over KB:TL.  

January 17, 2009 1:55:50 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I liked Fallout 3, despite the usual Bethesda console oriented flaws to this old school RPGer. LOL, I better, since I logged over 100 hours in it tyring to visit just about every location before completeing the (typically for Bethesda) uninvolving main quest. But the virtually unheralded King's Bounty is easily the better game, with charm oozing from every pore and, despite is cartoony, WoWish graphics, a very deep combat system.

January 17, 2009 3:09:15 AM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Take it from me, the VERY best life decision I made was to make sure I picked a life-mate that played computer games too.  Getting to play games like Sins or WoW without the sneaking, guilt, and nagging is good, but having your spouse like it, and even play them with you sometimes is priceless.  (as opposed to my other friends, who have to treat playing computer games the same as if they are having an affair). "Honey, is that an Advent hair on your collar!?!?"

If I had to worry, sneak, feel guilty, or take a bitching every time I wanted to play a computer game, I think I would have rather be single my whole life. . .

March 27, 2009 8:13:22 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

I got the game two weeks ago.  A friend of my recommended it because he thought I would really like it.   I didn't like it too much.  I am still playing Entrenchment.  What you guys think about King's Bounty?

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.