The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

How to play Demigod on offline LAN party ?

By on April 24, 2009 3:04:51 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

cachay

Join Date 04/2009

Hi!
So I have just bougt this game and installed over digital download.

I have red that to be abled to play this with my friends on a lan party I can share the game with my License to play on a lan party. So I followed the instructions to archive the game to create .impulse file.

Then everyone must have impulse installed to be abled to install the game and its here my problem start.
We dont have access to internet on our lan party, so is there a way to install Impulse offline ?
Or can I do another way to be abled to play the game over lan? 
Do i need to have a active internet connection to be abled to login to Impulse if I have a precreated account?

And how do I install the .impulse file on another computer with impulse application ?

Thx for an answer

//cachay

27 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 24, 2009 3:10:21 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Then everyone must have impulse installed to be abled to install the game and its here my problem start.

We dont have access to internet on our lan party, so is there a way to install Impulse offline ?

Or can I do another way to be abled to play the game over lan?

Do i need to have a active internet connection to be abled to login to Impulse if I have a precreated account?

If your LAN doesn't have an internet connection, you can't use the .impulse file you made yourself. What you will need to do is download a pre-made archive from http://anywhere.impulsedriven.com

You will have to install Impulse on the machines, but you will be able to install from the Anywhere archive without connecting to the internet.

Of course, after the LAN party you should uninstall Demigod from the machines and all that

April 27, 2009 9:38:31 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

Hi again!

Thx for this post, worked just fine.

But now I have another problem with this. The installation i downloaded from that link works but don't have the latest patch installed.
So when connecting I get an error that the exe file is not the same. For now I had internet so I started Impulse and did the update and worked fine after that.

But this weekend Im going to have my lan party and the people there wont have access to internet to update the game.
Is there a way to download the update before I go on my lan party and install it there? (dont have internet there as i told in my last post)
Or must I uninstall my game on my computer, and install the same version as the rest? (dont like this due to new patches have bug fixes and so on.)
Or is there any way to copy any file from my installation to the other computers on the lan so they have the patch?

Thx for helping me
Best regards
Cachay

April 27, 2009 9:44:14 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That's where it gets tricky. Unfortunately, Anywhere does not currently support patching, so to get the latest version on your LAN machines you'd have to re-download the archive again and install it on all those machines. The patch frequency should slow down a bit soon as the most serious issues are fixed up, so this won't be quite so painful

There is no separate patch file available for download, so re-doing the Anywhere archive is the only way to get the most up to date version on offline PCs.

April 27, 2009 11:18:41 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I'm trying to accomplish this same thing, but unfortunately Demigod still requires "offline" activation (i.e, an Internet connection) when installing using the Anywhere installer.

April 27, 2009 11:26:17 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It shouldn't. Anywhere was made specifically for offline installations. I haven't personally tried it, but if cachay got it working, I don't see why you shouldn't be able to. What exactly happens when you try?

April 27, 2009 12:59:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Well, this is what I get with the version downloaded on April 24 (v1.00.055).

April 27, 2009 1:26:10 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Annatar11,
That's where it gets tricky. Unfortunately, Anywhere does not currently support patching, so to get the latest version on your LAN machines you'd have to re-download the archive again and install it on all those machines. The patch frequency should slow down a bit soon as the most serious issues are fixed up, so this won't be quite so painful

There is no separate patch file available for download, so re-doing the Anywhere archive is the only way to get the most up to date version on offline PCs.

Hi again,
hmm, but i did redownlodaon all files from the site, but still it says there is an update avlible..?
And on my original installation I have the latest update. I guess they have not uploaded the latest build on that site maby, i check later this week.

April 27, 2009 1:29:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting yli,
Well, this is what I get with the version downloaded on April 24 (v1.00.055).

Did you do it right?
Did u download the 9 files and install from them ?
Demigod Data.im01
Demigod Data.im02
Demigod Data.im03
Demigod Data.im04
Demigod Data.im05
Demigod Data.im06
Demigod Data.im07
Demigod Data.im08
Demigod Setup.exe

Whe I download this files, it installes Impulse and Demigod and I can start the game.
When I tried to cope the dir with the game to another computer I got the problem you got.

April 27, 2009 1:41:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I guess they have not uploaded the latest build on that site maby, i check later this week.

That's possible. You should ask them in that case if the Anywhere archive is updated. [email protected] or hop into irc.stardock.com #stardock and someone there might know.

June 4, 2009 11:36:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Annatar11,

If your LAN doesn't have an internet connection, you can't use the .impulse file you made yourself. What you will need to do is download a pre-made archive from http://anywhere.impulsedriven.com

You will have to install Impulse on the machines, but you will be able to install from the Anywhere archive without connecting to the internet.

Of course, after the LAN party you should uninstall Demigod from the machines and all that

I don´t understand it...

How am i supposed to play Demigod(non-updated version) offline?

i cant logg in...

can someone explain it to me?

and where can i get pre-made archives?

and how do they work?

and how do i create a .impulse file? and what is a .impulse file?

June 4, 2009 11:42:59 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

and where can i get pre-made archives?

and how do they work?

Pre-made archives are downloaded from http://anywhere.impulsedriven.com

They work the same as archives you make yourself, except they can be installed offline (archives you make need Impulse to be connected to the server to install) and they also come in pieces for easier downloading. These archives are updated to the latest version. To install from these, you should just be able to click the Impulse orb in the top left and there's an option to install from an archive somewhere in there.

June 4, 2009 11:50:25 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

do you mean downloading the whole game or something?

i still don´t get what i should do now... i can´t find any "pre-made archives" at http://anywhere.impulsedriven.com

can´t you or someone else explain me step by step in one post, what to do to play the game in my offline-LAN

June 4, 2009 12:01:39 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Why do you overcomplicate.

All you need to do is copy your game ( that you already patched ) to your friends and run demigod.exe from BIN folder.

Impulse is not required.
Installation of the game is not required

June 4, 2009 12:04:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but if i click on Multiplayer, i have to log in...

June 4, 2009 12:06:26 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Notyourgod,
but if i click on Multiplayer, i have to log in...

When you click internet you need to log in.

Well me and 2 of my coworkers bought the game and we copied to 4 other machines so we can play LAN games and its working without problem.

p.s. I just copied on those other machines since there was some minor patch again.

June 4, 2009 12:08:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but theres no other option but Internet if i click on multiplayer

June 4, 2009 12:46:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

problem cleared...

but theres a new one

if i give it to my friends pc, demigod.exce asks for e-nail and serial

June 4, 2009 1:09:52 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

but theres no other option but Internet if i click on multiplayer

LAN play is disabled in the raw retail install. You need to update at least once for it to appear.

June 4, 2009 1:15:57 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As step by step as I can make it..

1) Go to http://anywhere.impulsedriven.com

2) Log in with your email/username and password

3) Click on Demigod under Games, and then click "download Demigod".

4) Accept the EULA.

5) Download all the files on the following page (including the installation).

6) Stick those on a USB stick.

7) Run the installer on each LAN'ed PC.

8) Launch game & play.

June 4, 2009 4:20:42 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting IKShadow,
All you need to do is copy your game ( that you already patched ) to your friends and run demigod.exe from BIN folder.

Yeah I've tried that. I don't know which version of the game you're running, but my retail copy started doing this after patching it and trying to get LAN up and running on other machines by copying my Demigod directory over.

I am SecuROM minus activation limits

June 4, 2009 4:23:47 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Yes, that isn't supposed to work. You gotta use the archives and let Impulse install them.

June 5, 2009 6:35:31 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I know. I was responding to IKShadow's erroneous/misleading comment.

September 3, 2009 9:57:46 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

sorry to necro,

I've only just got Demigod (maybe a couple hours ago) and when I login to :

http://anywhere.impulsedriven.com/

I am told that:

You have no software to install at this time.

Am I just supposed to wait until it shows up on Anywhere for me to get a deployable offline package? I have downloaded and played the game fine right now with Impulse however.

Thanks for any help

September 3, 2009 10:44:32 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

This thread is quite old and dead.  Have you checked impulse to see if your registration is present?

If it is present, but not in impulse anywhere, you can try importing the registration or contacting support.

September 3, 2009 11:04:30 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Not sure what you mean by "registration is present"

I have logged into Impulse, registered the game, installed the game, played the game. As far as I can tell this should indicate my account is about as active and present as it's going to get, apart from the Impulse Anywhere problem I'm having

Also, what so you mean by "importing the registration" ? Sorry if I'm being an idiot, but I'll go ahead and contact support

Thanks!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000546   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2014 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.