The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

AtomicGamer Reviews Demigod

By on April 20, 2009 12:16:41 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

AtomicGamer has published their review of Demigod, and give it an overall score of 89%!

“For a fan of Supreme Commander or other traditional RTS titles, Demigod's a pretty big difference. As an Assassin character, you only actually control your one unit, fighting off enemy troops, trying to take out their Demigods, leveling up, increasing your attributes, gaining new abilities with a large tree of interesting choices, and using the money you gain from several sources (including getting kills) to buy and equip items to increase your powers. And much of the game's depth isn't just in winning battles, it's in building specific characters that perform specific roles.”

Read the full review at AtomicGamer.

+462 Karma | 4 Replies
April 20, 2009 12:37:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Awesome review! 

April 20, 2009 12:48:49 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

IGN gave Demigod 74%.

Gamespot gave Demigod 65%.

The average score on Gamespot is 77% for 400+ votes.

April 20, 2009 1:32:35 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

89 is a bit high, but more like what this game deserves if you assume that all multiplayer issue will get solves and stats will work.  I think if the release had been delayed a bit to fix these issues and add a bit more content, 87 would have been the average review.  I hope that the bad early reviews do not limit stardocks support of the game.  I would like to see them "re-release" the game in the fall for the christmas season with a Demigod - Pantheon Extreme Edition.  This edition would hopefully get re-reviewed with multiplayer fixed, new maps, new demigods, and possibly a single player tutorial and short campaign or something of the sorts for $50.  This game really deserves better reviews that it got, and I would hate to see it die, because of early issues.

Quoting Dargoon999,

The average score on Gamespot is 77% for 400+ votes.

Better, but how many of these were from the first week.  All of them.  As stated above, I think the average review from players, even without a tutorial or campaign, would be 85-89% if connectivity and bugs were taken care of.  Ho0pefully people are patient and don't give up on this one.

April 20, 2009 1:41:11 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

LOVE IT!!!!!

As for tutorial..its self explanatory! start a game with easy Ai and learn as you go! It's straight forard!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000063   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright © 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.