The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

Beyond Beta

By on March 12, 2009 5:38:34 PM from JoeUser Forums JoeUser Forums

Frogboy

Join Date 03/2001
+1484

I had a nightmare last night that a review of Demigod was released based on playing Beta 3. The reason it’s a nightmare is that while many people think Beta 3 is where Demigod became “fun”, it’s still so much less than what the final game will deliver in terms of an overall experience.

updateUI

Here’s a recent screenshot of our internal build of Impulse Reactor. As you can see, it’s a lot more than just chatting. Now you’ll be able to look at your profile, check updates, see what DLC is going to be available (that’s how we plan to deliver the 2 additional Demigods GPG/Stardock plan to make – which will be free btw) and of course bringing in Friends into your game.

And of course, that’s just a piece of the overall Demigod experience besides the game itself. Stay tuned.

Locked Post 37 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 12, 2009 5:49:56 PM from Sins of a Solar Empire Forums Sins of a Solar Empire Forums

Looking good.

March 12, 2009 6:49:55 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

nice

March 12, 2009 7:00:05 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

looks good indeed

March 12, 2009 7:04:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i hope i will not live to see this bug get to the final version:

https://forums.demigodthegame.com/340759

On an other note can you give some information about the upcomming demigods? (we only have the concept pictures afaik)

March 12, 2009 7:13:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

looks good! dont forget to add clan support! and a better chat system

March 12, 2009 7:28:38 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i preordered it but i cant wait to play is there any way to download de beta 3 to give a chance

March 12, 2009 7:56:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Can't wait to see this stuff in game.  Can you private friend chat?

What does explore do?

Quoting knifuru,
i preordered it but i cant wait to play is there any way to download de beta 3 to give a chance

Not now that the open beta period ended.  Sorry, you missed it by two weeks.

March 12, 2009 8:40:08 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Cool. Emulating the Friends part of Steam is wise...

Thanks for the info as always.

March 12, 2009 10:12:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Tesb I dodn't no what your talking about i see all of those things, maybe u need a new graphic card or something.

March 12, 2009 10:25:27 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Great to hear that there are going to be two free extra characters. Not to be pesky,  but do you have any idea yet what type of characters these are going to be? (A general that focuses on debuffing would be cool, IE decreasing amount of health gained for a period of time, increasing the cooldown or energy cost of skills)

March 12, 2009 11:09:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting tesb,

On an other note can you give some information about the upcomming demigods? (we only have the concept pictures afaik)

Wha... ??   WHERE?!?

March 13, 2009 1:13:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I believe this game can be amazing, it just needs work in terms of code (bugs, performance, certain mechanics).

My primary belief is that abilities in general are a tad too strong, and that there is no benefit to splitting up or a drawback for piling onto the same small spot of ground in group battles. I hate to bring up DotA but as it is DotA provides those benefits for splitting up and not crowding together like kids around a soccer ball in a 7 year old's soccer (football) game.

March 13, 2009 6:49:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I take that offensive, why do u say soccer its the best sport ever.

March 13, 2009 6:59:40 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

My primary belief is that abilities in general are a tad too strong, and that there is no benefit to splitting up or a drawback for piling onto the same small spot of ground in group battles.

If you don't split up you lose vs any Demigod team which knows how to play. (Prison is a bit of a special case as it is so small but even there you have to constantely split up and regroup.

The drawbacks for piling onto the same small spot are that you lose map control and XP and money, the advantages are increased tower pushing capability and the chance to kill players who don't know how to stay alive in a 1vs2 or 1vs3 with tower support while still getting the xp from the minions. There is a reason the range for getting bounty and xp is larger than those of nearly all spells.

Of course the reward for splitting up could be a bit higher maybe by slightly increasing the bounty on archers and soldiers but those are balance details.

March 13, 2009 4:17:46 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting RaveBomb,

Wha... ??   WHERE?!?

Scroll down a little on this page.

March 13, 2009 4:57:15 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Thanks!

March 13, 2009 7:37:29 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

When you say "many think b3 is where demigod became fun" it makes me worry that there aren't going to be many major changes in the future..  Quite a few things in the game play, rather than simple numbers moving for balance, lacks.

While I'm somewhat confident that more than half the items being useless and rehashes of other items might be fixed in a patch at or near launch day.  Other things, however, worry me, like what every happened to there being "a lot more skills"?  What happened to there being skills where your weapons damage effects them, as well as armor?  Those are two great things which would of added to the gameplay which haven't been implemented, when the code is going gold.

I don't really care about chatting and friends.  I've been playing games for over 10 years, back when those weren't even concepts, but the games where awesome.

March 13, 2009 9:32:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Oh no, innociv returns.

March 13, 2009 10:57:23 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Do we no which of the 4 extra demigods they showed us which 2 are gonna be the ones that they are defintly putting as dlc.

March 14, 2009 11:12:04 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

innociv, isn't there some other forum you can go troll? every post i ever read from you in any forum is always complaining and sayng how bad something is.

demigod is fun. deal with it.

March 14, 2009 2:15:17 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

oh come on there is a lot of room for improvement and i think innovic doesn´t even come close to trolling.

March 14, 2009 2:32:13 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Soccer194,
Do we no which of the 4 extra demigods they showed us which 2 are gonna be the ones that they are defintly putting as dlc.

Maybe a couple that are totally new. I can`t recall any of the conceptual four striking me as engaging (looking) as Rook or TorchBearer or Erebus, but I could be mistaken with my foggy memory. Do we have links to their images somewhere?

March 14, 2009 3:11:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting WarlokLord,

Maybe a couple that are totally new. I can`t recall any of the conceptual four striking me as engaging (looking) as Rook or TorchBearer or Erebus, but I could be mistaken with my foggy memory. Do we have links to their images somewhere?

Look at my last post in this topic

March 14, 2009 3:57:34 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Gnats3,

Look at my last post in this topic

Ok - found it. The crytalline character looks appealing. The minotaurian on the throne might threaten to flirt with Mind Control®... potential uggh. Of course my aversion to such mechanics stems from my experience with the original X-Com... .

March 15, 2009 9:13:31 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting JayG,
innociv, isn't there some other forum you can go troll? every post i ever read from you in any forum is always complaining and sayng how bad something is.

demigod is fun. deal with it.

What?..  What other forums?

The sins one?
The devs messed things up on that game purposefully with the patches because they hated people playing the game competitively online. :/

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000219   Page Render Time:

Terms of Use

Copyright © 2016 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. © 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.