The Forums Are Now Closed!

The content will remain as a historical reference, thank you.

{Balance} Sedna

By on February 26, 2009 5:49:43 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I apologize for this post, I made a mistake of not thourghly testing things first. Sedna is in fact annoying in the fact that if built right she can be nigh unkillable. The problem is actually with the itema that will eventually render powers useless. In Sedna's case, she can get a massive health regen from items, plus her own healing. Not to mention the fact that she has an aoe silence, and can stop you in mid power with her pounce, that also deals good damage. She might not be as broken as I had previously stated, but she is very tough, especially for a support hero. In the end though, most of the blame should probably go to the high level or even relic items that make it so armor and health regen make people impossible to kill.

who would have guessed, the first healing hero is also probably one of the strongest. I was fighting a nightmare Sedna the other day (which I knew would be quite hard) What I didnt expect is that she would trounce me as Torchbearer. No matter how much damge I did to her (Which was a lot) She would push forward constantly healing herself and not dying, and then, when in range of me, would pounce and silence me so bad I couldnt get my instants out. She is way overpowered on her own, not counting that her minions are the most powerful out there, she was near unstopable. I don't know if other people had this problem, but no matter what I did, I could not take her completely down, unless I was standing right next to my crystal (which happened a lot). I was prepared for a hard great thinking enemy, instead I got a Sedna that would almost without exception kill me when she got in range.

0 Karma | 19 Replies
February 26, 2009 6:22:25 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

thats rather odd, as torchy i can kill any demigod on Nightmare with not a great deal of effort. But i like to use Ice so maybe its a Fire problem? Try playing her again in ice form and see

February 26, 2009 6:35:33 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nightmare AIs can be very difficult to take down period if they have really good gear.  I've seen some HP and HP regen that is just insane

I'd imagine Sedna on Nightmare is quite difficult to kill, but on the flip side it's not like she really do *that* much to you.  She's the weakest demigod offensively (imo), so it'd make sense that she's the hardest to kill.

When you were unable to kill her as the Torchbearer, what was your spec?

February 26, 2009 6:48:00 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sedna is soft like butter.  You just weren't building yourself to take her down.  Freeze her!  She has to be in your face to Pounce (9 yd range) or Silence (10 yd range).  Her Yetis are really weak, not the best at all.  She is the easiest one to destroy on 1v1.

February 26, 2009 7:24:19 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

i just had a game with her on nightmare and i was ice, i didnt really let the game get too far into it but i dominated her throughout the match. But as you said her health was a major pain to take down and i only killed her 2 times and she killed me once, again the match wasnt very long so it didnt give me time to get my equips and skills to take her down properly

February 26, 2009 8:07:22 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

It probably was my fault, I made some choces on the begining for fun (upgrading the citadel instead of buying items for myself) to test something and so I guess I would have sucked later on, and I do use fire, except that I don't think thats the problem. I just noticed that when she got in range, you were in some real trouble because her pounce does high damage and cancels your attack, and her silence has you on the run. She just seems a bit to strong in combination with the fact that she has yetis, which, correct me if I'm wrong, are the strongest (health and damage) minions in the game.

February 26, 2009 8:50:48 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

who would have guessed, the first healing hero is also probably one of the strongest. I was fighting a nightmare Sedna the other day (which I knew would be quite hard) What I didnt expect is that she would trounce me as Torchbearer. No matter how much damge I did to her (Which was a lot) She would push forward constantly healing herself and not dying, and then, when in range of me, would pounce and silence me so bad I couldnt get my instants out. She is way overpowered on her own, not counting that her minions are the most powerful out there, she was near unstopable. I don't know if other people had this problem, but no matter what I did, I could not take her completely down, unless I was standing right next to my crystal (which happened a lot). I was prepared for a hard great thinking enemy, instead I got a Sedna that would almost without exception kill me when she got in range.

dude, before doing retarded comment about balance, you need to do real testing

noob like you need to stop posting about balance when you have no idea what you are talkign about

sedna actually need a fix, if you get rape by sedna, you have a problem

the only fix sedna need is : fix the yeti, they are too weak and useless right now 

February 26, 2009 11:01:02 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

While this wasn't a very good OP there's no reason to troll someone like that, Ultimeh. Let's try keeping these forums mature to an extent.

February 26, 2009 11:59:16 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Fair enough, I was wrong to make a comment about that. In the future I will be more through in my invetigation of problems. Though I would ask you to check agian. I watched (multiple times) as sedna walked right past all my towers into the very heart of my base (on crucible so there were multiple lines of towers) without being hurt, taking a direct FULLY POWERED fireball from me, along with a chain of all my other fire attacks, it drained her to about half health (at lvl 25, for both of us) and then with one heal she was back at full. I was wrong to assume she was super overpowered because I had fought badly agianst a nightmare, but the facts stand that she was able to win the game, because I spent all my time trying to kill her and her minions, who would not die, and could do nothing agianst her partner or the amassing other units. Running away was basically useless at that point, and earlier too, even by level 12-15 she was chasing you all the way back to your base and walking back out without a scratch.

February 27, 2009 1:24:07 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

That MAY have been lag, I noticed that the health bars move in chunks and not completely accurate every second.

February 27, 2009 10:01:11 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I considered lag, except that she could walk in alone, a multitude of times, it wasn't once or twice, but about every two min. Although I guess any General might me able to do it by bringing enough minions to take the brunt of the attack, but that fact that the towers and I together could not take her down was to much for me.

February 27, 2009 12:19:40 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Ultimeh

noob like you need to stop posting about balance when you have no idea what you are talkign about

the only fix sedna need is : fix the yeti, they are too weak and useless right now 

There's really no need for the namecalling. Considering the game isn't even finished or released yet, I'd think it's safe to say we're all noobs.

You can disagree with someone while being constructive and not throwing insults at them.

February 28, 2009 12:04:58 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Nice posts Gerry and Goodgimp.  Would give you karma if it worked.

February 28, 2009 5:56:32 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting Ultimeh,

Ultimeh usual agressiveness.... lol

At least the guy tryed to be constructive (even if wrong). Divergence of opinion is part of life. insulting people with word like noob in this case was no really mature/intelligent.

And remember. At first we were all noob in this game.

February 28, 2009 11:36:54 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I've been using her exclusivly for this Beta.

I can sum up my experiences to date in two words:  Glass Cannon.

I've been waltzing into melees and spamming silence & pounce and teleporting out (Generals Cloak of Night) when things get too hot.  A couple times I've overextended and died, but unless I get stunned or heavily ganged up on, I seem to get away with it.

Highlight of the night was a UB kill with the AoE damage off the top level heal.

March 1, 2009 1:44:15 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Sedna's Pounce is formidable if she ever makes it to higher levels, though it does have the weakness of being a very close range skill.  However, it *DOES* interrupt enemy demigods (Meaning you can stop a Hammer Slam dead in its tracks) and it has a very, VERY short cooldown timer if you own a Celerity Flag and max out Magnificent Presence.

Because of its major weakness (Again, the Range), I have one suggestion:  Give Pounce a larger cast range, allowing Sedna to target a demigod up to (~15?) yards away, then having the cat charge at the target and pounce it for the damage, working similarly to Charge from Diablo 2.  This would allow her to overcome her weakness against ranged demigods as well as giving Pounce a little more flavor.

Currently, Sedna's only real weakness is an Ice Torchbearer's strength.  His stuns and Deep Freeze.  He is very capable of stopping her in her tracks and reducing her pounce speed to an abysmal level.  Because of the short length of her Silence, she can't keep him from starting his combo well enough.  (For reference, reducing Silence with Maxed Magnificent Presence, a Stormbringer, and both Celerity Flags on Cataract... the cooldown timer on Silence is 12 seconds...and that's an IDEAL situation, not a realistic one.  If you manage this, Heal is 4-5 seconds and Pounce is 3 seconds.)  The only advantage she has against an Ice TB is that she can (generally) survive his combo, but even then, it's just barely... and if he has ANY teammates, you WILL be dead.

March 1, 2009 11:46:26 AM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I played Sedna yesterday and she's not a killer, that's for sure. She's more like a support/secondary damage hero...that's the way she should stay. No powerful yetis, no ranged attacks, just Punce and all support stuff.

March 1, 2009 1:58:56 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

As a support hero(ine), Sedna is the best. As an assassain, Sedna is the worst. I personally don't think that THE support hero(ine) should have the damage out-put of the other generals let alone the assassains. This could be my own biased mind twisting this into something it's not, but that is what I think.

March 1, 2009 2:45:03 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

I still don't see how 1150 damage every 3-5 seconds is a bad thing... in addition to the ability to heal yourself for 1500 just as fast.  She also bans Demigods from using skills for twice as long as ColdTB Stuns.

March 1, 2009 5:59:44 PM from Demigod Forums Demigod Forums

Quoting TiberiusAudley,
I still don't see how 1150 damage every 3-5 seconds is a bad thing... in addition to the ability to heal yourself for 1500 just as fast.  She also bans Demigods from using skills for twice as long as ColdTB Stuns.

It should also be noted that pounce also gives a bonus to her evasion and movespeed, and her silence (in my opinon) can be used very well against a melee combatant.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108435  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000390   Page Render Time:

Stardock Magazine | Register | Online Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

Copyright ?? 2012 Stardock Entertainment and Gas Powered Games. Demigod is a trademark of Gas Powered Games. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and copyrights are the properties of their respective owners. Windows, the Windows Vista Start button and Xbox 360 are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies, and 'Games for Windows' and the Windows Vista Start button logo are used under license from Microsoft. ?? 2012 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. All rights reserved. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.